Rioters blame Jan 6 on misinformation

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Well, I guess this is good. A few eyes have to open, and hopefully that will create the momentum the country needs to escape this madness.

These people are responsible for their actions, but those who have been feeding them this garbage are responsible for their part in this, too.

Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

Lawyers for at least three defendants charged in connection with the violent siege tell The Associated Press that they will blame election misinformation and conspiracy theories, much of it pushed by then-President Donald Trump, for misleading their clients. The attorneys say those who spread that misinformation bear as much responsibility for the violence as do those who participated in the actual breach of the Capitol.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio said, speaking of Trump. Antonio said he wasn’t interested in politics before pandemic boredom led him to conservative cable news and right-wing social media. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

Well, the government took $90K from a BLM member (AKA DEMOCRAT) who helped instigate the "insurrection" and sold the footage of an innocent woman being shot to the media, so maybe we should thank you for pointing out another example of what liars liberals are.....

Well, I guess this is good. A few eyes have to open, and hopefully that will create the momentum the country needs to escape this madness.

These people are responsible for their actions, but those who have been feeding them this garbage are responsible for their part in this, too.

Falsehoods about the election helped bring insurrectionists to the Capitol on Jan. 6, and now some who are facing criminal charges for their actions during the riot hope their gullibility might save them or at least engender some sympathy.

Lawyers for at least three defendants charged in connection with the violent siege tell The Associated Press that they will blame election misinformation and conspiracy theories, much of it pushed by then-President Donald Trump, for misleading their clients. The attorneys say those who spread that misinformation bear as much responsibility for the violence as do those who participated in the actual breach of the Capitol.

“I kind of sound like an idiot now saying it, but my faith was in him,” defendant Anthony Antonio said, speaking of Trump. Antonio said he wasn’t interested in politics before pandemic boredom led him to conservative cable news and right-wing social media. “I think they did a great job of convincing people.”

I have often wondered if these raving nut jobs were bored and didn't have enough to do.

I have often wondered if these raving nut jobs were bored and didn't have enough to do.

A high percentage of them had no job. Jake “Q Shamin” Chansley had been unemployed for months

My entire life, I have heard the expression "ignorance is no excuse for the law".

There's a Black woman serving 5 years in Texas because she wasn't aware she couldn't vote while on probation.

Fuck these crybabies.

A high percentage of them had no job. Jake “Q Shamin” Chansley had been unemployed for months

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Sorry. I tend to be skeptical of people who are trying to avoid jail…
How can you say that when the evidence is before us that millions bought it?
I agree with the lawyers that those propagating the Big Lie are as much to blame, and they haven't stopped yet.

If there's a good side to the Commission being voted down, it is that when the Dems have their select committee investigation, it won't be limited to Jan 6. The Big Lie and the authoritarian takeover attempt began as soon as T**** began with the lying MSM and fake news bullshit. If it weren't for that, steering people to insanity, Jan 6 never would have happened, and those bastards ought to pay! The damage done is immense.

My entire life, I have heard the expression "ignorance is no excuse for the law".

There's a Black woman serving 5 years in Texas because she wasn't aware she couldn't vote while on probation.

Fuck these crybabies.
I agree, especially considering defense lawyers obviously have now settled on a defense that shifts all the blame to Donald Trump and tries to exonerate people who came to the Capitol with the full intent and purpose of causing a riot, as opposed to the thousands that came to peaceably listen to Trump and went home afterwards disturbing not one thing.

It's cowardly bullshit and what did these morons think would happen when they showed up ready to
rumble? And why did security at the Capitol stand down that day in particular?

Well, the government took $90K from a BLM member (AKA DEMOCRAT) who helped instigate the "insurrection" and sold the footage of an innocent woman being shot to the media, so maybe we should thank you for pointing out another example of what liars liberals are.....
Sullivan, is not a blm member, nor a democrat....he's not even a registered voter from what I've gathered..

The insurrection was planned and seeded, weeks before the event... by President Trump, and by his followers.

Sullivan was instigating more trouble, so he could get some good footage... But he didn't instigate the rebellion, he cheered it on...and was arrested for it.

The other nearing 500 arrests, are all Trump supporters... You can read about all those being charged on the FBI website, and what their charges are.....etc.

The madness of stealing the election? One of those ways being to stage a Capitol Beer Hall Putsch that
could be blamed on Trump, ending any possibility that Trump could be politically resurrected?

Yes, the old ways are the best ways for leftist provocateurs.

Joseph Goebbels On the “Big Lie” - Jewish Virtual Library

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joseph...
Joseph Goebbels: On the “Big Lie”. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie

The madness of stealing the election? One of those ways being to stage a Capitol Beer Hall Putsch that
could be blamed on Trump, ending any possibility that Trump could be politically resurrected?

Yes, the old ways are the best ways for leftist provocateurs.
Yes, you're all victims. Boo hoo.

According to their attorneys they are "short bus people".

Sullivan, is not a blm member, nor a democrat....he's not even a registered voter from what I've gathered..
Not what the information gathered shows. He attended BLM meetings and is an activist and fringe radical
figure in the anti police movement.

There is no evidence to show he is a democrat however all his activism places him well in the far left wing
of the democrat party. So he may well be. More research is needed.

Forum List

Back