Why a Big Mac costs more in Seattle than in Austin

Utopia is where you can make a NY salary and can buy Houston priced Big Macs.

If it only worked that way. When global warming leaves us and I'm stuck in the house, I like to watch HGTV. Looking at what housing goes for in commie cities and states compared to ours or other non-liberal states is like night and day. What you get there for 850K you can get here for 400K.

A Big Mac here in my area is $4.82 with tax. The meal with the medium drink and medium fries is $7.89 with tax.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Tax here in Tennessee is 9.75%.

First. Terrible article. so much wrong with it.

Second. I pieced this together from some random articles. Food costs are 38% of a burger. Labor 36%. This is US average. Might be wrong.

$3.99 Big Mac
$1.52 product cost
$1.43 labor
$0.06 other
$0.98 profit

First. Terrible article. so much wrong with it.

Second. I pieced this together from some random articles. Food costs are 38% of a burger. Labor 36%. This is US average. Might be wrong.

$3.99 Big Mac
$1.52 product cost
$1.43 labor
$0.06 other
$0.98 profit
Lmao, you forget rent and franchise fees?

Lmao, you forget rent and franchise fees?

Let's not forget property taxes, and I wonder if that labor cost includes all costs or just salary. Salary is just part of the expense to have an employee. You have workman's compensation which is big bucks, you have unemployment insurance coverage, paid vacation, and probably not McD's but other companies provide health insurance. The employer has to double the employee SS contributions and double their Medicare contributions.

So where does that happen?
Things cost way more in yankee land than in the South,across the board.

Things like new cars, vacations, college tuition, things you buy online to name a few ?

Or do you get some kind of special Gooberville discount that we Yankees don’t know about?

Wait....are you telling me that cars are cheaper in yankee land?
So why do I see yankees driving shit mobiles all the time?
If you drive the freeways in Texas you see all new vehicles.

Only in Conservatopia is making less better than making more.
So you want to pay more for the same thing? You're a salesman dream come true
Isn't right-wing fantasy wonderful. Inflation is happening virtually before our eyes even without wages keeping pace.

Just thank Joe.
Inflation was happening before Joe. Wages should be outpacing inflation regardless.

I noticed the price going up, it now cost $8.81 for a big Mac , fries and a large coke

Customers may pay anywhere from $3.75 for a Big Mac in Austin, Texas, to $6.39 in Seattle. For Cheeseburgers, the variation was even greater, from $1 in places like Chicago and Houston to $2.29 in New York City.

You can get a Big Mac in Guatemala for $3.20. Wanna move there?

$2.68 in Mexico.
$1.77 in Lebanon.

Forum List

Back