Who's Playing Politics With Vaccine, Trump Or FDA?

He isn't forcing them to do anything........their lies are not easily shot down, considering too many uninformed Americans, who don't do anything but listen to the news occasionally, think the things the democrat press says about Trump are true, while not knowing any of the actual true things about biden and harris....

Their lies are shot down but seldom make it to the MSM. If you want to hear about their lies, you have to watch Fox.

The White House is forbidding them this extra time period they are requiring. That puts it right in Trump's lap. It's what I'm afraid of even if this decision has nothing to do with illness or death. If it takes four months after the release of this vaccine before something happens to somebody, Trump can point out that the extra two months wouldn't have made a difference. The MSM won't report it that way.

So we hold up a life saving vaccine when "1000's" are dying everyday over rare reactions? It's unlikely rare reactions would be discovered in the 2 month period, since they would be rare.

But you and I both know how the media would run with it if it were only one person. It's like they did with Voter-ID. They find somebody in the state who came from another country in the 20's and has no valid ID to get a Voter-ID, and they base their case to dismiss ID on that one person.

Completely agree, just like how the MSM tried to hype up the danger of kids going back to school by promoting fears of kids coming down with Kawasaki disease associated with COVID.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has blocked new Food and Drug Administration guidelines on bringing potential vaccines for COVID-19 to market that would almost certainly have prevented their introduction before the Nov. 3 election.

At issue was the FDA’s planned instruction that vaccine developers follow patients enrolled in their trials for at least two months to rule out safety issues before seeking emergency approval from the agency. A senior administration confirmed the move Monday evening, saying the White House believed there was “no clinical or medical reason” for the additional requirement.

The intervention by Trump officials is the latest example of the administration undercutting its own medical experts working to combat the pandemic that has killed more than 210,000 Americans. FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn has been attempting to shore up public confidence in the FDA’s vaccine review for weeks, vowing that career scientists, not politicians, will decide if the shots are safe and effective for mass vaccination.

But President Donald Trump has repeatedly insisted that a vaccine could be authorized before Election Day, even though top government scientists working on the administration’s vaccine effort have stated that that timeline is very unlikely.

I expect this to be a pretty partisan discussion. In spite of lefties saying we on the right always stick up for Trump no matter what, as one righty, I'm not crazy about this at all.

The question is whether Trump is risking the health or lives of Americans to have a vaccine out by election day, or is the FDA creating new standards so that doesn't happen helping to usher in Joe Biden?

Even in the story, you can see the bias.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly insisted that a vaccine could be authorized before Election Day, even though top government scientists working on the administration’s vaccine effort have stated that that timeline is very unlikely.

Implication seems to be that they contradicted each other. They didn't. Those are not mutually exclusive claims.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has blocked new Food and Drug Administration guidelines on bringing potential vaccines for COVID-19 to market that would almost certainly have prevented their introduction before the Nov. 3 election.

At issue was the FDA’s planned instruction that vaccine developers follow patients enrolled in their trials for at least two months to rule out safety issues before seeking emergency approval from the agency. A senior administration confirmed the move Monday evening, saying the White House believed there was “no clinical or medical reason” for the additional requirement.

The intervention by Trump officials is the latest example of the administration undercutting its own medical experts working to combat the pandemic that has killed more than 210,000 Americans. FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn has been attempting to shore up public confidence in the FDA’s vaccine review for weeks, vowing that career scientists, not politicians, will decide if the shots are safe and effective for mass vaccination.

But President Donald Trump has repeatedly insisted that a vaccine could be authorized before Election Day, even though top government scientists working on the administration’s vaccine effort have stated that that timeline is very unlikely.

I expect this to be a pretty partisan discussion. In spite of lefties saying we on the right always stick up for Trump no matter what, as one righty, I'm not crazy about this at all.

The question is whether Trump is risking the health or lives of Americans to have a vaccine out by election day, or is the FDA creating new standards so that doesn't happen helping to usher in Joe Biden?
My question, have you checked the sources to see if this is indeed true or not?
Pfizer’s vaccine will be available late this month, first of Nov.

It's not if it's ready yet, it's if the FDA gives it their rubber stamp. We've had the vaccine for months now.

The goal should ne to have a safe vaccine not to have one before election day. What the FDA is doing ,makes sense. Unfortunately I have to conclude that Trump is looking out for himself. He has already shown his lack of compassion by downplaying the virus despite the 200,000+ deaths. I would be very wary of any vaccine developed before the election. I suspect drug companies will be very wary of putting any drug before it is tested. They could be looking at massive lawsuits if it is not. These conspiracy theories do not fly with the ordinary voter. If I were Biden, I would put out ads highlighting these conspiracy theories showing how crazy Trump and his supporters are.

The issue is with the FDA changing the rules. The safety aspect of the vaccine has already been done before seeking FDA approval.

Not entirely.
The most basic safety aspects are addressed, but not the rare events, such as allergic reactions, those with compromised immune systems, etc.

So we hold up a life saving vaccine when "1000's" are dying everyday over rare reactions? It's unlikely rare reactions would be discovered in the 2 month period, since they would be rare.

I can see it now...........democrat party activists at high levels in the biden campaign...making courtesy calls on the manufacturers producing the vaccine......it would be really too bad if a new biden administration had to send in the alphabet agencies to look at your company if your vaccine came out before the election.........

Those talks have likely already happened...

The O'Biden administration didn't set up an illegal FBI/CIA spy agency for nothing...

The goal should ne to have a safe vaccine not to have one before election day. What the FDA is doing ,makes sense. Unfortunately I have to conclude that Trump is looking out for himself. He has already shown his lack of compassion by downplaying the virus despite the 200,000+ deaths. I would be very wary of any vaccine developed before the election. I suspect drug companies will be very wary of putting any drug before it is tested. They could be looking at massive lawsuits if it is not. These conspiracy theories do not fly with the ordinary voter. If I were Biden, I would put out ads highlighting these conspiracy theories showing how crazy Trump and his supporters are.

Again, those are made up. There is no 200,000 deaths. We already know for a fact, that because the government increased payouts for deaths due to covid, over deaths from other causes, that hospitals were labeling every death they could as being a covid death, even before they had tests for covid.

There were thousands of deaths across this country, where people were never tested for covid, and yet were labeled a covid death.

Further according to their own numbers, you are less likely to die of Covid, than the flu.

Screenshot_2020-09-24 Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).png

This isn't debatable. It's now fact. For worst cause scenario patients... worst case.... in the highest risk age group of 70+..... the death rate is just 0.093.

The death rate of the flu is 0.1.

So.... Trump was right. That's not up for debate. That is a scientific fact. Trump was right.

The goal should ne to have a safe vaccine not to have one before election day. What the FDA is doing ,makes sense.

So here's my problem.

The FDA added this rule. Meaning, before now, they didn't have this rule. Correct?

So my question to you is.... were the rules the FDA had been using before this..... unsafe?

Why are they changing the rules *NOW*? Why *NOW*? If they needed this new rule before *NOW* then why didn't they implement this rule over the last 10 years? Or 20 years?

Now you might be right about this, I don't know.

My view is still that this is a bad move, because then if anything goes wrong, Trump will get the blame. But we'll see.

He is definitely playing fast and loose with the health of Americans and he has been since day one. Once Trump embraced the idea of "herd immunity", and he's had it, he's now gung ho on everybody getting it. He wants to go into the election telling Americans HE has the virus to save them. It's highly political.

I don't understand what you mean by he has the virus to save us. Herd immunity is what they used in Sweden, and I've been watching reports of how successful it's been.

I've taken steroids for my asthma. I used to joke when I was taking them that I could leap over tall buildings in a single bound. I felt so good while taking them, it scared me. But I would be dead without them. A nurse friend told me you could be walking around with double pneumonia and you wouldn't even go to the doctor, because you wouldn't feel sick. It would completely mask all of my symptoms. The steroid Trump is taking is 4 times stronger than the one I was taking.

No doubt what he's taking is a large part of him feeling better. That's what they are supposed to do.

Then there's the idea that no human being in the world has ever been given this combination of drugs. Why are they running drug experiments on the President of the United States? A nurse friend called it "VIP Treatment". Rich guys get what they want.

You have evidence of this? I think medical professionals do whatever they can to help the patient. Remember it's Trump that made the rule it's a persons choice if they opt to try experimental medications, and that's exactly what he did. I'm sure they didn't force it on him.

The expense is the other thing. Will your insurance cover it? Do you have enough cash for it?

I didn't wish death on Trump, and given that no one in the country would get better care, I knew he'd get through this given the care he has access to. I had hoped that Trump would get sick enough that he would have some sort of epiphany that what he has been doing in the country to fight this virus isn't working and change his tactics -

I don't think there is any tactic that's guaranteed. Look at your country for example. Have they been doing things perfectly all along? According to this site, your active cases have been increasing all of last month.

Trump downplayed it early on, not later. Furthermore in an interview about Woodward's claim, Fauci said that all necessary points of the virus they discussed was timely and correctly provided to the public. This is not to mention how many times he handed Fauci, Birx, and other medical professionals the mic during his press conferences. They were free to discuss any concern of theirs, and even answered questions from the press.

As for myself, if a vaccine was approved today, I too would be weary about it; not because Trump didn't want this additional time, but because I know that testing anything on a few thousand people don't always give us all the problems. When you start giving it to tens of millions of people, that's when the new problems are discovered that the thousands never experienced.

Hard to believe masks could make the virus stronger. Where did you get that info?
Some doctors have said they worry about this...the theory is that when a virus has trouble finding new hosts it strengthens....and if it does any vaccine we create may not work on it....

Which doctors? Did you hear this from specific doctors, or somewhere else. Sounds a little far fetched.

No, its real.
If you do not wash or disinfect mask, then after the mucus dries, the virus again goes right through it, in even greater concentration than would normally be in the air.
Masks collect and concentrate the virus spores.
Mask are only good for catching large spit droplets.
If you do not wash them before the droplets dry, then they are worse than not wearing a mask at all.

You got a credible source to back that up, or is Alex Jones good enough for yo?

Which doctors? Did you hear this from specific doctors, or somewhere else. Sounds a little far fetched.
Just a couple of doctors on FOX suggested this theory...but it makes sense if you think about it...Sweden never shut down or enforced mask wearing and to look at that country today one would have to say they handled this the best....they are now living the life we all once did.....concerts restaurants and movie theaters all open.....we blew it....

Just had a Skype session with an ER doctors. She wants me to help her pick out a new car. She said it's bullshit cause viruses don't work that way. That's not the first time Fox broadcast bullshit.

ER doctors know very little about epidemiology.
They concentrate on trauma.
That is all that is supposed to funnel into the ER.

Doctors change masks many times a day, and never wear the same mask again without it being washed.
When they take a mask off, they then are required to wash their hands, as the mask once worn, is a contact source of infection.

So where is your credible source for that information? Still waiting.

So where is your credible source for that information? Still waiting.

Pretty much common knowledge.
Viruses are very small, about 20 nanometers.
That is about 1/10th the size of the openings in the N95 masks.
The only way masks can hold back virus dispersment is if the viruses are trapped in large droplets of water.
But that only works until the water evaporates.

Typical testing time for a vaccine is about 7 years.
There is no way to properly test in less than 5 years.
The mRNA vaccines clearly do not work and are a failure.

Pretty much common knowledge.
Viruses are very small, about 20 nanometers.
That is about 1/10th the size of the openings in the N95 masks.
The only way masks can hold back virus dispersment is if the viruses are trapped in large droplets of water.
But that only works until the water evaporates.

Common knowledge for whom??? Schills on the internet?

So how do you account for much lower rates of transmission in jurisdictions where masks were mandatory?

Typical testing time for a vaccine is about 7 years.
There is no way to properly test in less than 5 years.
The mRNA vaccines clearly do not work and are a failure.

MNRA vaccines were developed after the SARS outbreak in 2003. They've been tested for nearly 20 years, but they lack any large scale outbreaks for full testing. There were no large SARS outbreaks after 2003, and the MERS outbreak was similarly shortlived.

But here you are making false claims that the vaccine wasn't fully tested. You need better sources of information. This is one of the most tested vaccines of all time.

Forum List

Back