Who's Playing Politics With Vaccine, Trump Or FDA?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has blocked new Food and Drug Administration guidelines on bringing potential vaccines for COVID-19 to market that would almost certainly have prevented their introduction before the Nov. 3 election.

At issue was the FDA’s planned instruction that vaccine developers follow patients enrolled in their trials for at least two months to rule out safety issues before seeking emergency approval from the agency. A senior administration confirmed the move Monday evening, saying the White House believed there was “no clinical or medical reason” for the additional requirement.

The intervention by Trump officials is the latest example of the administration undercutting its own medical experts working to combat the pandemic that has killed more than 210,000 Americans. FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn has been attempting to shore up public confidence in the FDA’s vaccine review for weeks, vowing that career scientists, not politicians, will decide if the shots are safe and effective for mass vaccination.

But President Donald Trump has repeatedly insisted that a vaccine could be authorized before Election Day, even though top government scientists working on the administration’s vaccine effort have stated that that timeline is very unlikely.

I expect this to be a pretty partisan discussion. In spite of lefties saying we on the right always stick up for Trump no matter what, as one righty, I'm not crazy about this at all.

The question is whether Trump is risking the health or lives of Americans to have a vaccine out by election day, or is the FDA creating new standards so that doesn't happen helping to usher in Joe Biden?

And the media is working overtime trying to scare folks from taking the vaccine when its cleared for use...shame on them....
I won't take it....Don't even get seasonal flu shots.

If there's ever a comorbidity issue, I'll consider it....But not a moment before.
Not every citizen would need to take it but a large number would...and if people are afraid to take it the virus will stay and most likely mutate away from the vaccines capability....and that would be very sad indeed....and if I were you I would at least get a flu shot this year even if you never had one before....if you catch the flu and have to go to the hospital where you could also catch covid you are a dead man....no matter how good of health you are....the combo will kill you....

And the media is working overtime trying to scare folks from taking the vaccine when its cleared for use...shame on them....

If there's ever a comorbidity issue, I'll consider it....But not a moment before.

Before I take it, I would first talk with my doctor, and then I'd have to get the okay from my cousin who is a semi-retired lab doctor that worked with this kind of stuff all the time.

The problem I have with all this is let's face it, hundreds of millions of people are going to be getting the vaccine. When that happens, I don't care how much testing you did on thousands of people, when it comes out, there are going to be problems when you're talking about millions of people.

If the White House pushes this through, then the MSM is going to have a party with this placing the blame squarely on Trump. If Trump sits back and waits for FDA approval, then he's going to get much less criticism.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has blocked new Food and Drug Administration guidelines on bringing potential vaccines for COVID-19 to market that would almost certainly have prevented their introduction before the Nov. 3 election.

At issue was the FDA’s planned instruction that vaccine developers follow patients enrolled in their trials for at least two months to rule out safety issues before seeking emergency approval from the agency. A senior administration confirmed the move Monday evening, saying the White House believed there was “no clinical or medical reason” for the additional requirement.

The intervention by Trump officials is the latest example of the administration undercutting its own medical experts working to combat the pandemic that has killed more than 210,000 Americans. FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn has been attempting to shore up public confidence in the FDA’s vaccine review for weeks, vowing that career scientists, not politicians, will decide if the shots are safe and effective for mass vaccination.

But President Donald Trump has repeatedly insisted that a vaccine could be authorized before Election Day, even though top government scientists working on the administration’s vaccine effort have stated that that timeline is very unlikely.

I expect this to be a pretty partisan discussion. In spite of lefties saying we on the right always stick up for Trump no matter what, as one righty, I'm not crazy about this at all.

The question is whether Trump is risking the health or lives of Americans to have a vaccine out by election day, or is the FDA creating new standards so that doesn't happen helping to usher in Joe Biden?

It is more likely that the anti-Trumpers at the FDA are deliberately trying to keep a vaccine from being released.........they are no different from james comey, they just work at the FDA....... if the FBI leadership was willing to fake FISA warrants and frame General Flynn, they are more than willing to delay a vaccine to get at Trump.

The list of laws that must be changed to prevent a future president from doing the things Trump has done is getting longer every day. Congress is going to be very busy as soon as that fat orange bastard is gone.

The list of laws that must be changed to prevent a future president from doing the things Trump has done is getting longer every day. Congress is going to be very busy as soon as that fat orange bastard is gone.

What has he done? Please, be specific....you dumb ass......we will wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.......

Not every citizen would need to take it but a large number would...and if people are afraid to take it the virus will stay and most likely mutate away from the vaccines capability....and that would be very sad indeed....and if I were you I would at least get a flu shot this year even if you never had one before....if you catch the flu and have to go to the hospital where you could also catch covid you are a dead man....no matter how good of health you are....the combo will kill you....
and if people are afraid to take it the virus will stay and most likely mutate away from the vaccines capability....

SARS and MERS demostrated that mutations make the viruses less virulent, to the point of complete harmlessness.

PissedPoster.jpg

It is more likely that the anti-Trumpers at the FDA are deliberately trying to keep a vaccine from being released.........they are no different from james comey, they just work at the FDA....... if the FBI leadership was willing to fake FISA warrants and frame General Flynn, they are more than willing to delay a vaccine to get at Trump.

I don't think the White House should be directing the FDA on what to do, but I hope they hired their own independent experts before they came to this decision, and if they did, I'd like to know what they say about it.

The goal should ne to have a safe vaccine not to have one before election day. What the FDA is doing ,makes sense. Unfortunately I have to conclude that Trump is looking out for himself. He has already shown his lack of compassion by downplaying the virus despite the 200,000+ deaths. I would be very wary of any vaccine developed before the election. I suspect drug companies will be very wary of putting any drug before it is tested. They could be looking at massive lawsuits if it is not. These conspiracy theories do not fly with the ordinary voter. If I were Biden, I would put out ads highlighting these conspiracy theories showing how crazy Trump and his supporters are.

I don't think the White House should be directing the FDA on what to do, but I hope they hired their own independent experts before they came to this decision, and if they did, I'd like to know what they say about it.

After everything the democrat party has done since 2016, would you put it past them to keep a vaccine from the public till after the election?

Before I take it, I would first talk with my doctor, and then I'd have to get the okay from my cousin who is a semi-retired lab doctor that worked with this kind of stuff all the time.

The problem I have with all this is let's face it, hundreds of millions of people are going to be getting the vaccine. When that happens, I don't care how much testing you did on thousands of people, when it comes out, there are going to be problems when you're talking about millions of people.

If the White House pushes this through, then the MSM is going to have a party with this placing the blame squarely on Trump. If Trump sits back and waits for FDA approval, then he's going to get much less criticism.
It's alway wise to be careful...I don't want to be first in line but I will take it...I get the flu shot every year and haven't had the flu in 15 years....the precautions they take today can be trusted...it's not like when we were fighting smallpox and only one lab was allowed to work on it while doing their own testing...without an independant lab inspection and testing....now we do much better and take better precautions....

What has he done? Please, be specific....you dumb ass......we will wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.......

It would take a team of historians to list all the bullshit that fat orange bastard is responsible for. You know that.

After everything the democrat party has done since 2016, would you put it past them to keep a vaccine from the public till after the election?

Not at all, that's why I posed the question. I wouldn't put it past them at all. The deep state has long arms. But again, Trump will take the heat for this when people develop problems after getting it.

The goal should ne to have a safe vaccine not to have one before election day. What the FDA is doing ,makes sense. Unfortunately I have to conclude that Trump is looking out for himself. He has already shown his lack of compassion by downplaying the virus despite the 200,000+ deaths. I would be very wary of any vaccine developed before the election. I suspect drug companies will be very wary of putting any drug before it is tested. They could be looking at massive lawsuits if it is not. These conspiracy theories do not fly with the ordinary voter. If I were Biden, I would put out ads highlighting these conspiracy theories showing how crazy Trump and his supporters are.

You dumb ass......Trump stopped travel with China, when asshats like you called him a racist and xenophobe for doing it, then he made sure every single governor had everything they needed to fight the Chinese flu.....and they all said he did an excellent job....until time for the election..........

The ones you should condemn are the democrat party governors who put infected patients in with the most vulnerable seniors...they actually fucking killed people...but a doofus like you can't see the truth, facts or reality if it hit you in the face....

They should be abolishing the FDA altogether...Private labs and their underwriters could handle the processes that they do, far more efficiently and cost effectively.

It would take a team of historians to list all the bullshit that fat orange bastard is responsible for. You know that.

Thought so.....

What has he done?

Waiting..........waiting...........waiting......

Forum List

Back