whoopi thinks god likes abortions

Wow... how dare they ask this God and Elisha to leave them alone! They totally deserve to be mauled by bears!

So why do you have a need to worship malignant narcissists?

View attachment 679912
Oh, yeah, him, too, I guess
Oh, look, you don't think your main point is strong enough, so you have to desperately try to find a diversion in politics. Sad, especially since he doesn't have anything to do with this. As for the gang, they could have easily avoided the whole thing, just like Rittenhouse's victims could have easily avoided getting ventilated that night.
Except the larger passage doesn't make it look any better, in most cases. in the case of Elisha and the bears, the stuff around it is , He went to Jericho and cleaned up the water, he went to Bethel and sicked bears on the kiddies, then he went to Carmal
Did you notice that, for the next 50 years, Elisha was not assaulted by any local gangs? The message got out. The bottom line remains, mock God and His prophets at your own peril.
Most of what you and the other God-botherers add is Fan Fic.
Anything added to the Gospel is not Biblical, and we all know that. Kind of funny, calling people God-botherers. What, do you think we bother God or something? Why does that matter to you?
Uh, last time I checked, your food choice doesn't effect your immortal soul, which is what the churches claim.
Irrelevant to the point, which is your inane demand that one denomination has to be the "official" one. Just like those restaurants, true churches have the same foundation.
no, it just tells me that they are kind of dumb if they believe that shit.
This tells me my point sank home, since you now want to dance off in another direction. Let's recap. To date, you can no longer make a solid case that God maliciously and randomly killed a bunch of children by having bears munch on them, and you can't complain any more that no one denomination is the official one.

Of course, you will ignore all of that and at a future point, pop up trying to make the same points all over again.

Oh, look, you don't think your main point is strong enough, so you have to desperately try to find a diversion in politics. Sad, especially since he doesn't have anything to do with this

Oh, I keep forgetting you lack any sense of humor...

Did you notice that, for the next 50 years, Elisha was not assaulted by any local gangs? The message got out. The bottom line remains, mock God and His prophets at your own peril.
So that makes killing 42 kids okay? I mean, that's some school shooter logic there.

Anything added to the Gospel is not Biblical, and we all know that. Kind of funny, calling people God-botherers. What, do you think we bother God or something? Why does that matter to you?

Actually, it's a bit absurd, because if you assume that God has a plan, but then you pray for him to ace your history test or for your poor relative to not die of cancer, then you are bothering him to change his plan.

Irrelevant to the point, which is your inane demand that one denomination has to be the "official" one. Just like those restaurants, true churches have the same foundation.

That's not my demand, that's THEIR demand. Otherwise, why have churches at all? Or why should a church have worshipping Jesus all that important... You'd think your God would care more if you are a good person.

This tells me my point sank home, since you now want to dance off in another direction. Let's recap. To date, you can no longer make a solid case that God maliciously and randomly killed a bunch of children by having bears munch on them, and you can't complain any more that no one denomination is the official one.

I don't have to make that case, IT'S IN THE BIBLE.

Here's one for you. A young monk was interviewing with an elderly senior monk to live at a monastery. The elderly monk was telling him how proud they were of their very careful copying of manuscripts, and that they took pride in copying them exactly, letter for letter, including the original authors' notes in the margins. He said, "In fact, today we're bringing out our oldest copy of the Scriptures so we can verify yet again that we have it copied perfectly. Stay here and I'll go get it to show you how good we are". The young monk waited for 5 minutes, then 10. Finally, he was about to get up and go see what was taking so long when he heard a loud commotion down the hall. He jumped up and ran to see what was going on. There, at the end of the hall was the elderly monk on his knees, clutching an old manuscript and wailing, "It says celebrate!". Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
So that makes killing 42 kids okay? I mean, that's some school shooter logic there.
Again, several points. The bears killed a gang of young men out to cause trouble, and don't mess with God or His prophets. Fool around and find out.

The fact that you refuse to acknowledge the same Hebrew word was translated in other places as young man or youth says a lot. You'd rather cling to your delusion than admit the truth.
Actually, it's a bit absurd, because if you assume that God has a plan, but then you pray for him to ace your history test or for your poor relative to not die of cancer, then you are bothering him to change his plan.
Of course, people use prayer wrongly, and selfishly. That's why they so rarely get the answers they want.
That's not my demand, that's THEIR demand. Otherwise, why have churches at all? Or why should a church have worshipping Jesus all that important... You'd think your God would care more if you are a good person.
Worship is part of the deal, and true churches know that it is the foundation that matters, not any of the stuff around it. And you will be a good person if you maintain your relationship with Him, you can't help it. In fact, that's part of the change He makes to a person.
And again, you cling to your delusion instead of admitting that you received education.

Whoopi is a slut who had several abortions Human infrastructure that has caused us massive expenses. So, on every neighborhood of a city several water, electrical natural gas and cable lines must be the same in numbers. Massive low IQ abilities is why Flint Michigan had people from the Village cause their citizens to not have fresh water.

exactly why would god who knows who you are from conception want you killed?
By the Bible, life begins at the first breath. I did not write the Bible, and that is what you people claim to go by. And who said that God wanted a fetus killed? By the Bible itself, God is indifferent to the fetus until the first breath.

By the Bible, life begins at the first breath. I did not write the Bible, and that is what you people claim to go by. And who said that God wanted a fetus killed? By the Bible itself, God is indifferent to the fetus until the first breath.
ask whoopie she claimed it. this why i started this thread. and im not part of you people.

Here's one for you. A young monk was interviewing with an elderly senior monk to live at a monastery. T

TL;DR
The fact that you refuse to acknowledge the same Hebrew word was translated in other places as young man or youth says a lot. You'd rather cling to your delusion than admit the truth.

Uh, you are the one citing a fairy story about a bear being sicced upon 42 children as though it was a thing that really happened.

Of course, people use prayer wrongly, and selfishly. That's why they so rarely get the answers they want.

As Madelyn Murry-O"Hare observed, Prayer seems too much like Begging.

Worship is part of the deal, and true churches know that it is the foundation that matters, not any of the stuff around it. And you will be a good person if you maintain your relationship with Him, you can't help it. In fact, that's part of the change He makes to a person.

Okay, I think you can get the same effect from Magic Mushrooms, but I wouldn't recommend those, either.

Yeah, that was funny. A whole lot more funny than a picture of TRUMP!.
Uh, you are the one citing a fairy story about a bear being sicced upon 42 children as though it was a thing that really happened.
Uh, YOU are the one wrongly citing Scripture to bolster your false claim. I'm correcting you so you don't embarrass yourself again.
As Madelyn Murry-O"Hare observed, Prayer seems too much like Begging.
Most people don't know how to pray, so it's not surprising they don't see anything happen.
Okay, I think you can get the same effect from Magic Mushrooms, but I wouldn't recommend those, either.
I'm telling you how to identify the right church, since you obviously don't know. You asked, remember? Now you want to play dodge ball about something else.

Uh, YOU are the one wrongly citing Scripture to bolster your false claim. I'm correcting you so you don't embarrass yourself again.

Guy, your inserting fan fic into a Bible story is not citing it correctly. You are DISNEYFYING it.

I'm telling you how to identify the right church, since you obviously don't know. You asked, remember? Now you want to play dodge ball about something else.

But everyone thinks that their church is the right Church...

Even this guy...

1660333829306.png

Guy, your inserting fan fic into a Bible story is not citing it correctly. You are DISNEYFYING it.
Do you deny that the word translated "children" in your favorite anti-God screed is translated "young man" elsewhere? If you can't, then there's no Disneyfying going on. Elisha was God's prophet, and he was accosted by a gang of men not much younger than he was at the time. They fooled around and found out.
But everyone thinks that their church is the right Church...

Even this guy...

View attachment 681479
Sure, and you think you're right to not believe in God at all, even though you like to pretend you understand Scripture and want to argue about it (always from a few out of context Old Testament verses, though, can't allow the words of Yeshua Himself to intrude). That guy, BTW, thought he was God, so, he was wrong and delusional.

The point is, does God think their church is A right church? See, here's where your screed falls apart. I already told you that no one denomination can claim they are the only ones who get it all right, but you choose to ignore that reality in favor of your own carefully constructed world view. God's church is IN all denominations, all nations, all languages, all people who believe and do as I said the true church does. It is YOU who insists on an artificial boundary between them.

Do you deny that the word translated "children" in your favorite anti-God screed is translated "young man" elsewhere? If you can't, then there's no Disneyfying going on. Elisha was God's prophet, and he was accosted by a gang of men not much younger than he was at the time. They fooled around and found out.

Actually the word could be translated either way, but it works on the assumption that translators were incompetent. The rest of the text clearly indicates these were little kids, not ruffians. Making fun of someone's bald head is something a little kid would do.

1660403570800.png

Sure, and you think you're right to not believe in God at all, even though you like to pretend you understand Scripture and want to argue about it (always from a few out of context Old Testament verses, though, can't allow the words of Yeshua Himself to intrude). That guy, BTW, thought he was God, so, he was wrong and delusional.

No more delusional than any other religious huckster...

The point is, does God think their church is A right church? See, here's where your screed falls apart. I already told you that no one denomination can claim they are the only ones who get it all right, but you choose to ignore that reality in favor of your own carefully constructed world view. God's church is IN all denominations, all nations, all languages, all people who believe and do as I said the true church does. It is YOU who insists on an artificial boundary between them.

God doesn't think anything, he doesn't exist. If he did exist, he certainly would make himself clear which church is the right church, so people don't fall for folks like Koresh, or worse, otherwise sincere churches don't go around burning each other as heretics...

Actually the word could be translated either way, but it works on the assumption that translators were incompetent. The rest of the text clearly indicates these were little kids, not ruffians. Making fun of someone's bald head is something a little kid would do.

View attachment 681862
But when a word is translated multiple times one way and only one time the other, we give greater weight to the former. And, quite frankly, they weren't as much making fun of his bald head as they were Elijah's ascent into heaven. But you knew that because you are a student of the Word, right? Don't tell me you only read a verse (in the King James version) off of your favorite anti-God site that they guaranteed would stymie any of the faithful who dared to educate you.
No more delusional than any other religious huckster...
His little congregation was not part of the true Church, that's the bottom line. He demanded worship of himself, which immediately disqualifies him as a Christian leader.
God doesn't think anything, he doesn't exist. If he did exist, he certainly would make himself clear which church is the right church, so people don't fall for folks like Koresh, or worse, otherwise sincere churches don't go around burning each other as heretics...
He did make Himself clear, very clear indeed. It's all in that book you claim you read, but that your posts indicate you only lightly skimmed. The true Church that runs through every nation, culture and people knows this. That's why there's going to be a lot of Lutherans, Baptists, Episcopalians, Mennonites, and a whole bunch of other nametags that will be tossed aside, leaving only Christians in fellowship with God through eternity.

But when a word is translated multiple times one way and only one time the other, we give greater weight to the former. And, quite frankly, they weren't as much making fun of his bald head as they were Elijah's ascent into heaven. But you knew that because you are a student of the Word, right? Don't tell me you only read a verse (in the King James version) off of your favorite anti-God site that they guaranteed would stymie any of the faithful who dared to educate you.

Uh, here's the BIble Gateway link to this verse.

Nearly every last translation has it as "little children" "Little boys", "boys". A few have "youths".

In fact, it is only the more MODERN versions that have it as "Young men" or "Servants". The ones written after those nasty old atheists started pointing out this verse for the mockery it deserves.

Now, there is a much more prosaic explanation for this story. There were probably some bears that developed a taste for human flesh, and children were much easier to catch and eat than grown ass people for the Syrian Brown Bear, which isn't even a particularly large species of ursine.

His little congregation was not part of the true Church, that's the bottom line. He demanded worship of himself, which immediately disqualifies him as a Christian leader.

Okay, the Branch Davidians split off from the Seventh Day Adventists.
Who split off from the Millerite Movement when the World didn't end in 1844
Who split off from the Baptist Church during the Second Great Awakening
Which split off from Anglican Church when they came to America
Which split off from the Catholic Church because Henry VIII wanted to dump his old lady.

Uh, here's the BIble Gateway link to this verse.

Nearly every last translation has it as "little children" "Little boys", "boys". A few have "youths".

In fact, it is only the more MODERN versions that have it as "Young men" or "Servants". The ones written after those nasty old atheists started pointing out this verse for the mockery it deserves.

Now, there is a much more prosaic explanation for this story. There were probably some bears that developed a taste for human flesh, and children were much easier to catch and eat than grown ass people for the Syrian Brown Bear, which isn't even a particularly large species of ursine.
The same word you keep harping on is translated differently here:

Genesis 22:3-5
3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and loaded his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you.”

You're thinking his two servants were little kids? It's the same Hebrew word. And again here:

Genesis 34:18-19
18 Their proposal seemed good to Hamor and his son Shechem. 19 The young man, who was the most honored of all his father’s family, lost no time in doing what they said, because he was delighted with Jacob’s daughter. 20 So Hamor and his son Shechem went to the gate of their city to speak to the men of their city.

A little child was "delighted with Jacob's daughter"? And there are other places where that word appears and is translated differently. Face it, Elisha was staring down a gang of thugs and shut down their mockery of God. It was not a bunch of 5-year-olds like you desperately want it to be to justify your railing accusations against God.

Okay, the Branch Davidians split off from the Seventh Day Adventists.
Who split off from the Millerite Movement when the World didn't end in 1844
Who split off from the Baptist Church during the Second Great Awakening
Which split off from Anglican Church when they came to America
Which split off from the Catholic Church because Henry VIII wanted to dump his old lady.
How is ANY of that even relevant? What kind of hopeless point are you trying to make? Are you trying to say that the Anglican Church is false because Koresh thought he was God?

The same word you keep harping on is translated differently here:

But not there. Nearly every translations of the Elisha verse has it as "little Children" or "young boys".

How is ANY of that even relevant? What kind of hopeless point are you trying to make? Are you trying to say that the Anglican Church is false because Koresh thought he was God?

is that any more crazy than the Anglican Church being a thing because Henry VIII wanted an annulment?

But not there. Nearly every translations of the Elisha verse has it as "little Children" or "young boys".
It's the same Hebrew word. You keep harping on the translations, but it's the same Hebrew word. Elisha faced a gang of thugs, cursed them, and ended all such attacks for the rest of his time as prophet.
is that any more crazy than the Anglican Church being a thing because Henry VIII wanted an annulment?
Now you're trying to distract off in a completely different direction. There is no "correct" denomination, as all denominations have within them true believers as well as fakers.

Forum List

Back