whoopi thinks god likes abortions

528,000 new jobs, 3.5% unemployment, lowest in my lifetime, gas prices going down, and all of this because the shit head before Biden tanked the economy by calling covid a hoax. The shit for brains Trump left a big mess for the Dems to pick up, just like they always do.

You pack the same fudge as those low-wage job unemployment figures.
If this is so spectacular, then why are American credit card holders ALREADY $16 trillion in debt??
Loon!

god is god. you dont have to have religion to believe.

but the whole point of religion is you have to believe in the RIGHT God. And all those other religions are going to hell.

God didn't invent slavery. Slavery has been man's invention and slaves obey their masters so that their lives would be as safe and pleasant as possible. God made rules for the israelites to treat their slaves and they were treated well if the people followed God's rules. Other nations did as they please....do you want to blame that on God? God even told the babylonian exiles who WERE the elites to behave themselves and do right by their babylonian masters and by their new country of exile. They did. See Daniel and his three friends, Nehemiah, Esther, Mordecai and others.

You think that an all-knowing God who was making rules on how to cut your hair and what kind of clothing to wear, would make rules telling people that owning other people was wrong.

she is crazy and mocking god too. she makes it up as she goes along.

Nice. People make up what God likes and what God doesn't like.
Then someone else does exactly the same thing and they think it's ridiculous.

Couldn't make this shit up.

=You think that an all-knowing God who was making rules on how to cut your hair and what kind of clothing to wear, would make rules telling people that owning other people was wrong.

what do you care. He didn't make up those rules for YOU. He set those laws for his Chosen people to set them apart from other heathen nations around them. NOT for you.

what do you care. He didn't make up those rules for YOU. He set those laws for his Chosen people to set them apart from other heathen nations around them. NOT for you.

Um, yeah, you think if those were his "chosen people", he wouldn't have let Hitler turn half of them into lampshades and bars of soap.

Frankly, that makes it all even more messed up... God makes all these rules for the Hebrews, treats them pretty badly and then gives all the goodies to the people who hopped on the Yahweh Train later?

The Jews suffer for a reason. When Christ was put to death, the people said, 'kill him and let the consequences be on our children's (descendants) heads. They rejected their messiah, God told them early on, as they were travelling to the land he had chosen for them...obey my laws and you will live in this land peacefully forever. well. It's in the bible if you care to read it for anything other than something to bash christians over the head with and to malign God.

I love how you God-botherers, when confronted with a verse in the bible that really makes God look like an asshole, desperately comb your favorite apologetics websites looking for excuses as to why this doesn't look as bad as it looks.

Except they weren't threatening him. And frankly, making fun of a bald head is something a child would do, not an adult. If "A bunch of young hoodlums threatened him because he didn't worship Baal", why not say that outright?
You wouldn't feel threatened if a gang of 50 youths burst out of an alley and started yelling at you? Heck, you'd reach for your gun, then freak out because you'd remember you're against guns and don't have one. Then you'd reach for your cell phone to call 911, only to be told it will be 25 minutes before they can get to you.
Or maybe there is no God, and it's just men claiming authority they don't have.

We have a whole history of humans treating each other pretty badly, because "God Says So", and they can usually find justification in the bible for it. Slavery, genocide, war... all rationalized in the Bible.

Now, I don't believe there actually was a world wide flood or that a pair of bears mauled 42 kids (You think after the bears got the first two, the other 40 would run away!)
Yet you claim Biblical knowledge. Interesting that. If you had true Biblical knowledge, instead of the anti-God sites you run to for your favorite out of context verses, you'd realize what you're really dealing with.
To paraphrase Jean-Luc Picard, I refuse to believe the universe is that badly designed. IF there is a God, he should be more concerned with how you treat people than what you believe. Because all things being equal, all religions sound equally reasonable, and you just go with the one you were born into.

So I go back to my nice Japanese lady friend. She should go to Hell because she was born in a place where she learned about Buddha instead of Jesus? That sounds... kind of messed up.
We are judged by what we know. Like I said, you need a real knowledge of the Scriptures, not just your favorite verses you jump to on your favorite anti-God sites. Hmm, you might try actually reading it.
Let's take it one further... which Christian Church is the "right" one? Catholics? Lutherans? Episcopalians? Mormons? It reminds me of that South Park episode, where just the Mormons got into Heaven..

View attachment 678570
The right ones are the ones that acknowledge Yeshua as the living sacrifice for sin and follow Him. Everything else is cultural trappings that man adds over time. The Gospel is so simple that they can't resist adding to it.

she is crazy and mocking god too. she makes it up as she goes along.
Just a dumb question, do you think God liked what White Christians did to folks of color for over 400yrs.

You wouldn't feel threatened if a gang of 50 youths burst out of an alley and started yelling at you? Heck, you'd reach for your gun, then freak out because you'd remember you're against guns and don't have one. Then you'd reach for your cell phone to call 911, only to be told it will be 25 minutes before they can get to you.

Except a gang didn't "burst out at him". All these did was mock his bald head.

Yet you claim Biblical knowledge. Interesting that. If you had true Biblical knowledge, instead of the anti-God sites you run to for your favorite out of context verses, you'd realize what you're really dealing with.

I think I know exactly what we are dealing with... it's you guys who try to rewrite scripture or pretend there are things that didn't happen.

We are judged by what we know. Like I said, you need a real knowledge of the Scriptures, not just your favorite verses you jump to on your favorite anti-God sites. Hmm, you might try actually reading it.

I have read it... it's kind of boring in places, the characters are a little one-dimensional, and not consistently written.

The right ones are the ones that acknowledge Yeshua as the living sacrifice for sin and follow Him. Everything else is cultural trappings that man adds over time. The Gospel is so simple that they can't resist adding to it.

How can there be "right ones"? Either a church is the one true church or it isn't. Make up your mind.

Except a gang didn't "burst out at him". All these did was mock his bald head.
How little you know. In Jewish society of the day, mocking God's prophet was essentially mocking God Himself and thus punishable by death. And no, they weren't just mocking Elisha's baldness, even though he was not much older than they would have been. What they were saying was essentially, "Get out of here, just like Elijah did. Ride the chariot into the sky and leave us alone"
I think I know exactly what we are dealing with... it's you guys who try to rewrite scripture or pretend there are things that didn't happen.
Then why are you having such a hard time grasping what the Bible actually says? You just love to pull a verse or two out of a passage, then don't like it when I grab the larger passage or even mention the common cultural understanding of the author to work from. You do know, don't you, that those verse boundaries are not part of the original, right? Therefore, insisting on focusing only on the verses you like is not understanding the scripture at all.
I have read it... it's kind of boring in places, the characters are a little one-dimensional, and not consistently written.
You need me to teach you what it means. I've been a teacher, I can do it.
How can there be "right ones"? Either a church is the one true church or it isn't. Make up your mind.
Bojangles makes fried chicken, Popeyes makes fried chicken. Which is the right one? You can't answer that, because both make fried chicken.
Dominoes makes pizza. PapaJohns makes pizza. Which is the right one? You can't answer that, because both make pizza.

A Christian church is a true church if they accept and believe that Yeshua is the sacrifice for sin, that He was buried and resurrected, and that he lives through the Spirit in us today. Everything else is spices and seasonings to make church fit a local culture better. Thus, a Baptist can easily worship with a Presbyterian, as long as they accept the bottom-line truth of the Gospel. The sign on the door just tells you about the style of worship you're going to experience inside the building, it doesn't tell you about the heart of the congregation.

but the whole point of religion is you have to believe in the RIGHT God. And all those other religions are going to hell.

You think that an all-knowing God who was making rules on how to cut your hair and what kind of clothing to wear, would make rules telling people that owning other people was wrong.
We have found out the godless totalitarian state has brought nothing but utopian paradises wherever it is implemented. We are all humans with a lot of flaws. In some ways what the Progs are doing with social justice is deserved for there are many who have messed with people and have gotten away with it. Both Progs and Deplorables.

How little you know. In Jewish society of the day, mocking God's prophet was essentially mocking God Himself and thus punishable by death. And no, they weren't just mocking Elisha's baldness, even though he was not much older than they would have been. What they were saying was essentially, "Get out of here, just like Elijah did. Ride the chariot into the sky and leave us alone"

Wow... how dare they ask this God and Elisha to leave them alone! They totally deserve to be mauled by bears!

So why do you have a need to worship malignant narcissists?

1660083512913.png

Oh, yeah, him, too, I guess

Then why are you having such a hard time grasping what the Bible actually says? You just love to pull a verse or two out of a passage, then don't like it when I grab the larger passage or even mention the common cultural understanding of the author to work from. You do know, don't you, that those verse boundaries are not part of the original, right? Therefore, insisting on focusing only on the verses you like is not understanding the scripture at all.

Except the larger passage doesn't make it look any better, in most cases. in the case of Elisha and the bears, the stuff around it is , He went to Jericho and cleaned up the water, he went to Bethel and sicked bears on the kiddies, then he went to Carmal

Most of what you and the other God-botherers add is Fan Fic.

Bojangles makes fried chicken, Popeyes makes fried chicken. Which is the right one? You can't answer that, because both make fried chicken.
Dominoes makes pizza. PapaJohns makes pizza. Which is the right one? You can't answer that, because both make pizza.

Uh, last time I checked, your food choice doesn't effect your immortal soul, which is what the churches claim.

A Christian church is a true church if they accept and believe that Yeshua is the sacrifice for sin, that He was buried and resurrected, and that he lives through the Spirit in us today. Everything else is spices and seasonings to make church fit a local culture better. Thus, a Baptist can easily worship with a Presbyterian, as long as they accept the bottom-line truth of the Gospel. The sign on the door just tells you about the style of worship you're going to experience inside the building, it doesn't tell you about the heart of the congregation.

no, it just tells me that they are kind of dumb if they believe that shit.

Forum List

Back