whoopi thinks god likes abortions

At least we know that, since you've been educated, you won't be repeating that nonsense anymore.

Naw, man, I'll keep pointing it out because it's such an absurd story. I can see why the Nuns kept it a secret from us.

1660643145678.png

1660643195671.png

The truth is that they weren't little kids, as you so desperately want them to be.

The truth is that they use the term "Little boys", and frankly, it makes a lot more sense that a town would have had a rash of bear attacks against children (which are much easier targets for a bear) than grown ass men. My guess, there was a local legend about bear attacks that were incorporated into this story when it was written down centuries later.

The truth is that they use the term "Little boys", and frankly, it makes a lot more sense that a town would have had a rash of bear attacks against children (which are much easier targets for a bear) than grown ass men. My guess, there was a local legend about bear attacks that were incorporated into this story when it was written down centuries later.
"They" is not the original writer of the story, who used the Hebrew word that is elsewhere translated as "youth", or "young men". Elisha was confronted by a gang of thugs who fooled around and found out.

"They" is not the original writer of the story, who used the Hebrew word that is elsewhere translated as "youth", or "young men". Elisha was confronted by a gang of thugs who fooled around and found out.

I realize you are wedded to your story of magic bears... but frankly, most supposed miracles have prosaic explanations.

The prosaic explanation here is bears went on a rampage, preyed on children (probably over a period of time) and they tried to link it to a prophet.

I realize you are wedded to your story of magic bears... but frankly, most supposed miracles have prosaic explanations.

The prosaic explanation here is bears went on a rampage, preyed on children (probably over a period of time) and they tried to link it to a prophet.
Nope, not playing that game. You presented the story AS IT IS posted on your favorite anti-God sites in a vain attempt to claim that God has no problem with killing little children. Let that sink in for a moment. You attempted to use the story as it is written to prove something. Now you want to pretend the whole thing wasn't true. Deal with the consequences of your choices.

You don't now get away with trying to deflect onto something else in an equally vain attempt to rescue credibility. If you wanted to claim the story wasn't true, you could have done that in any of a multitude of places. You did not, you instead presented it as evidence, and now want to erode your own evidence.

Oh, well, at least we know you won't be repeating that old canard anymore, now that you've been properly educated.

Nope, not playing that game. You presented the story AS IT IS posted on your favorite anti-God sites in a vain attempt to claim that God has no problem with killing little children. Let that sink in for a moment. You attempted to use the story as it is written to prove something. Now you want to pretend the whole thing wasn't true. Deal with the consequences of your choices.

Do you like tying your brain into knots...

I'm not the one who wrote it down this way... You have to assume that while the scribes were translating the Bible from Greek to Latin to English, that they consulted scholars to check, "Hey, did they mean little kids or grown ass men", and came to the conclusion, um, yeah, little kids.

You don't now get away with trying to deflect onto something else in an equally vain attempt to rescue credibility. If you wanted to claim the story wasn't true, you could have done that in any of a multitude of places. You did not, you instead presented it as evidence, and now want to erode your own evidence.

Oh, I don't think a single story in the bible is actually True.

But these stories were shared as "proof" of a God who deserves to be worshipped by the God-Botherers. And those God Botherers read the stories about God murdering children in the Great Flood or the Tenth Plague or the Son of David and Bathsheba, or the Daughter of Jephthah, and said, "Yup, this guy is totally worthy of our worship."

It's only when more enlightened humans actually started reviewing this story, do you get this "Disneyfying" of the stories.

Do you like tying your brain into knots...

I'm not the one who wrote it down this way... You have to assume that while the scribes were translating the Bible from Greek to Latin to English, that they consulted scholars to check, "Hey, did they mean little kids or grown ass men", and came to the conclusion, um, yeah, little kids.
It's the same word, can't help you there.
Oh, I don't think a single story in the bible is actually True.

But these stories were shared as "proof" of a God who deserves to be worshipped by the God-Botherers. And those God Botherers read the stories about God murdering children in the Great Flood or the Tenth Plague or the Son of David and Bathsheba, or the Daughter of Jephthah, and said, "Yup, this guy is totally worthy of our worship."

It's only when more enlightened humans actually started reviewing this story, do you get this "Disneyfying" of the stories.
So you want to argue things that you don't think are true, in a vain attempt to prove something you don't believe about something you don't think exists. You should see someone about that.

And it's clear that you don't bother to even look at the context of any of it or try to understand what's really going on. You're the guy who thinks "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?" is Juliet asking where did Romeo get himself to. Again, can't help you with that.

It's the same word, can't help you there.

Sure it is... except in this context, everyone has translated it to mean little children based on the context, that only little children would make fun of a bald guy.

So you want to argue things that you don't think are true, in a vain attempt to prove something you don't believe about something you don't think exists. You should see someone about that.

Wow, did you go off the path.

Your argument, for those who are trying to follow it, is that we should ban abortion because God says it's bad. But the bible is replete with stories of God not only killing fetuses, but straight up killing children. This is just one of them. It never straight up says abortion is bad.

And it's clear that you don't bother to even look at the context of any of it or try to understand what's really going on. You're the guy who thinks "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?" is Juliet asking where did Romeo get himself to. Again, can't help you with that.

I understand the context of the OT just fine. God is an angry, jealous deity who needs to be feared, and he will straight up murder your children if you don't.

Sure it is... except in this context, everyone has translated it to mean little children based on the context, that only little children would make fun of a bald guy.
Apparently, you don't know any teenagers or young men. Face it, they were a gang of thugs who fooled around and found out.
Wow, did you go off the path.

Your argument, for those who are trying to follow it, is that we should ban abortion because God says it's bad. But the bible is replete with stories of God not only killing fetuses, but straight up killing children. This is just one of them. It never straight up says abortion is bad.
Where did I ever say, "we should ban abortion because God says it's bad"? Please provide an actual quote. Failing that, admit you just made it up and have no credibility in the matter.
I understand the context of the OT just fine. God is an angry, jealous deity who needs to be feared, and he will straight up murder your children if you don't.
Obviously, you understand nothing, because you totally ignore what the people were doing at the time that brought them under judgement.

As it states in Genesis 2:7, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Life aka "living soul" = dust + the Breath of Life

Without any of those 3 things in that equation, there is no life.

Got it!?!?
Hey Marc guess what....
The Bible is just a bunch of superstitious gobbleygook writen by a bunch of tribal, iron-age prinitives with very limited understanding of the world around them.
It IS a collection of interesting literary and hustorical works...but that's about it.

Convincing you poor schmucks that it's even meant to be taken seriously....much less that it's some kind of "divine word of god" is propably the biggest hoax ever played on humanity.

Here's a little tip for you.
This "god" of yours doesn't give a shit about "babies,"
Or children.
He's got about a billion of tgem starving on the planet at any given time. That's BILLION with a B!

Now that's what I call a deadbeat dad.
How about you?

Apparently, you don't know any teenagers or young men. Face it, they were a gang of thugs who fooled around and found out.

I'm sure you have lots of experience with young men... but what you do at the gay bars is your own business.

Where did I ever say, "we should ban abortion because God says it's bad"? Please provide an actual quote. Failing that, admit you just made it up and have no credibility in the matter.

Uh, that's the whole point of this thread, dummy.

Obviously, you understand nothing, because you totally ignore what the people were doing at the time that brought them under judgement.

It seems to me that if the Hebrews just worshipped a different Sky Pixie, they would have been better off.

It is safe to say that God has a real problem with communication....

Or....maybe.....

God didn't write the Bible...men did....

I'm sure you have lots of experience with young men... but what you do at the gay bars is your own business.
And there is the lame personal insult I have come to expect from you when you have substantive to say. What is it with the left thinking that calling someone gay is an insult, anyway? You'd think they have a problem with it or something.
Uh, that's the whole point of this thread, dummy.
You claimed I said something, and you can't back it up. Now, be a good boy and just admit you made it up. You know, like someone with integrity.

My involvement in this thread has been countering things you made up about God. Nowhere have I said the US needs to ban abortion because God says so, because I know my faith does not drive public policy. I have used biology to make my point when idiots try to claim that what's growing inside a pregnant woman is not a human, and it comes down to biology vs politics, always.
It seems to me that if the Hebrews just worshipped a different Sky Pixie, they would have been better off.
And they wouldn't be a nation today if they had. Notice that every time they walked away from God they were punished.

Forum List

Back