Whoever Thinks Driverless Cars Will Be Good in the Next 100 Years

I just read the article. It learned the rules instead of using programming based on human experience in chess. It won off of pure logic. I wonder how it would do against different players? I know I have to switch up my approach depending on the tendencies of the people I play.

The article was also about a particular program and there are others ... I'll try to find one more specific in detail.
It wasn't that they made the program so it could use logic ... But the fact they didn't understand the logic it was using after a short while.

Once it gave itself the ability to use its own logic ... The program took over the logic process.
Once you give a program the ability to adapt and innovate ... Sooner or later it will figure out it doesn't have the same limitations a human does.

Last edited:
People driven cars kill people.
Irrefutable fact.

Driverless cars are inevitable.

Get used to it.
Skynet smiles.
Perhaps. The singularity is coming. It could be the end of the human race.
Nobody will hack driverless cars, computers are immune to such things.

I look forward to my car slamming the brakes everytime a crow hops onto the road.

Someone can hack your car right now. What do you imagine someone is going to do to your car if they "hack" it?
Robbers and rapists can't wait.
Woman gets into her car and all you need to do is roll a shopping cart behind her car and she can't get away.
How are they going to get into her car?

Someone can hack your car right now. What do you imagine someone is going to do to your car if they "hack" it?
Woman gets into her car and all you need to do is roll a shopping cart behind her car and she can't get away.

The car can call 911 and start making noise and flashing all the lights. I've heard robbers and rapists love all that attention.
Parkland students could call 911 too.

When was the last time anyone even glanced at a car alarm?

If an assailant armed with a rifle or shotgun attacked a woman in a regular car, she wouldn't survive. The driverless car is actually safer in such a situation. If the driver is shot, the car isn't going anyplace. Where do you shoot a driverless car to disable it? And the human passenger can hit the floorboards.

A simple emergency program can be installed to make specific maneuvers. Unless the gunman hits something on the car that completely disables it, the car would perform the maneuver. In the same situation, the human driver has to be upright and able to see to drive. There is a very specific target that is in the same place in every vehicle in the US (with the exception of the very, very few RHD vehicles on the road.

Every time I have heard a car alarm I at least look that way. Most people do. If they see men attacking a woman, they will do something. Sometimes that something would include shooting the scum.
All I need is a shopping car and a rock and she is mine.

Sure, call 911.

Look what it did for the Parkland kids.

The same is true if the car is not self driving.

I won't be around in 100 years so I don't care but I will never trust my safety to a self driving car
I personally cant wait to get one. The first thing I'm going to do is take a nap on my way to my homies house.

and hope that nap doesn't become permanent
You cant live forever and going in your sleep has got to be the best way to go.
Not before you're old and gray
No matter how old or gray you are or are not going in your sleep has got to be wonderful.

Maybe maybe not

I would rather think I would face my death with my eyes wide open
I wouldn't want to miss the last moments of my life

The car can call 911 and start making noise and flashing all the lights. I've heard robbers and rapists love all that attention.

If an assailant armed with a rifle or shotgun attacked a woman in a regular car, she wouldn't survive. The driverless car is actually safer in such a situation. If the driver is shot, the car isn't going anyplace. Where do you shoot a driverless car to disable it? And the human passenger can hit the floorboards.

A simple emergency program can be installed to make specific maneuvers. Unless the gunman hits something on the car that completely disables it, the car would perform the maneuver. In the same situation, the human driver has to be upright and able to see to drive. There is a very specific target that is in the same place in every vehicle in the US (with the exception of the very, very few RHD vehicles on the road.

Every time I have heard a car alarm I at least look that way. Most people do. If they see men attacking a woman, they will do something. Sometimes that something would include shooting the scum.

Sure, call 911.

My wife is trained on how to ram any car or truck that is a threat. I think a shopping cart will not hinder her escape.

Skynet smiles.
Perhaps. The singularity is coming. It could be the end of the human race.
Nobody will hack driverless cars, computers are immune to such things.

I look forward to my car slamming the brakes everytime a crow hops onto the road.

How are they going to get into her car?
You got me. No one in the planet can break glass.

Sure, call 911.

My wife is trained on how to ram any car or truck that is a threat. I think a shopping cart will not hinder her escape.

My partner is trained to shoot center of body mass. She is an excellent shot.

Sure, call 911.

Carrying a loaded gun in a car is a felony unless she has a CCW.

And if she does, you blow apart the narrative about guns.

So which is it?

Sure, call 911.

Sure, call 911.

So which is it?

She has a CCW. What narrative about guns? If she is going shopping alone she, at least, has it in the car.

Sure, call 911.

Sure, call 911.

So which is it?

She has a CCW. What narrative about guns? If she is going shopping alone she, at least, has it in the car.
Ah, so allowing women to arm themselves is a good thing.

Why doesn’t she just dial 911?

Touché.

Sure, call 911.

So which is it?

Touché.

I have never said allowing women to arm themselves is a bad thing.

The dialing 911 was because a weapon was never mentioned. Until I brought up mace.

Sure, call 911.

So which is it?

Touché.

The dialing 911 was because a weapon was never mentioned. Until I brought up mace.
Fact remains, your cars can be boxed in with an empty cardboard box.

So which is it?

Touché.

Yes, for now. But then, yours can have the driving mistake the gas for the brake, and kill someone.

So which is it?

Touché.

Yes, for now. But then, yours can have the driving mistake the gas for the brake, and kill someone.
They can’t even make a decent spell correct software, let alone the millions of decisions the brain makes while driving.

I imagine they will start out giving them to senior citizens who cant see anymore to drive, or get confused. that might kind of make some sense. But other than that I dont like it. There is so much communication that goes on between drivers of close by cars, or pedestrians, I dont know how that could be simulated

In the future, self-driving cars will communicate with each other. Such protocols already exist. It wouldn't be hard for any smart phone to communicate with nearby cars.

I imagine they will start out giving them to senior citizens who cant see anymore to drive, or get confused. that might kind of make some sense. But other than that I dont like it. There is so much communication that goes on between drivers of close by cars, or pedestrians, I dont know how that could be simulated

In the future, self-driving cars will communicate with each other. Such protocols already exist. It wouldn't be hard for any smart phone to communicate with nearby cars.
They already do via bluetooth.

I, for one, welcome our new self driving overlords.

"The victim did not come out of nowhere. She's moving on a dark road, but it's an open road, so Lidar (laser) and radar should have detected and classified her" as a human, said Bryant Walker Smith, a University of South Carolina law professor who studies autonomous vehicles.
Smith said the video may not show the complete picture, but "this is strongly suggestive of multiple failures of Uber and its system, its automated system, and its safety driver."

Experts: Uber self-driving system should have spotted woman

Forum List

Back