Tech that is currently advancing

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
1. A.i-This is reshaping a lot of shit. ;) I'll just leave it at that!
1A. robotics integrating a.i. Everything up to this point has been preprogramed and allowed for it to move but now with a.i it will be able to do as it wants...Weapons of war!
2. Solar tech- This is literally doubling in some countries in the last 3-4 years and is literally kicking ass.
3. Battery storage...Making solar possible as a grid source of energy.
4. Reusable rockets ...This has the possibility to finally open up space big time and is why private companies are landing on the moon and we now have a global internet in star link.
5. Electric cars...Doing pretty fucking good. 30 companies as of 2023 have a 250 mile driving ability on one charge. A decade ago this was like 1. Larger and larger percentage of vehicles are now electric.
6. Drones - Wars are being fought with drones. Ukraine is kicking russian ass and even going to moscow with these.
7. Quantum computers - Pretty damn good progress.
8. Fusion. Enough where I'll put it on the list and we're at the point where it may very well become a reality within the electrical grid within the next decade. This and solar is the future. ;) Oh'yeah, they're both fusion. lol
9. Lasers are being put on ships of war and being used more and more. Lasers and drones are probably the future of warfare. ;) I want to see battle ships with 3 or 4 big laser guns with 50 mgwatts or more per cannon.
10. Factory robotics. This of course can fall under 1 but I'll give its own area for the robotics itself as it is light years ahead of 10 years ago in what it can do outside of the a.i sphere.

I wouldn't say vr and ar aint advancing but very slowly but won't add it to the list. but maybe I should? Meta 3 and apple recently released headset are impressive and would have blown anyones mind even 10 years ago.
Everything else is very either very slowly or not at all.

1A. robotics integrating a.i. Everything up to this point has been preprogramed and allowed for it to move but now with a.i it will be able to do as it wants...Weapons of war!
2. Solar tech- This is literally doubling in some countries in the last 3-4 years and is literally kicking ass.
4. Reusable rockets ...This has the possibility to finally open up space big time and is why private companies are landing on the moon and we now have a global internet in star link.
5. Electric cars...Doing pretty fucking good. 30 companies as of 2023 have a 250 mile driving ability on one charge. A decade ago this was like 1. Larger and larger percentage of vehicles are now electric.
6. Drones - Wars are being fought with drones. Ukraine is kicking russian ass and even going to moscow with these.
8. Fusion. Enough where I'll put it on the list and we're at the point where it may very well become a reality within the electrical grid within the next decade. This and solar is the future. ;) Oh'yeah, they're both fusion. lol
9. Lasers are being put on ships of war and being used more and more. Lasers and drones are probably the future of warfare. ;) I want to see battle ships with 3 or 4 big laser guns with 50 mgwatts or more per cannon.
10. Factory robotics. This of course can fall under 1 but I'll give its own area for the robotics itself as it is light years ahead of 10 years ago in what it can do outside of the a.i sphere.

I wouldn't say vr and ar aint advancing but very slowly but won't add it to the list. but maybe I should? Meta 3 and apple recently released headset are impressive and would have been anyones mind even 10 years ago.

Texas leads the nation in renewable energy.

iu

iu

Texas leads the nation in renewable energy.

Just goes to show just how economical and how much sense it makes to use solar. Solar is going to eat fossil fuels fucking lunch.
That is what religion has to offer society. Pain, death and idiocy.

Science and tech is real life and allows us to be able to do everything for ourselves. No gods coming to save your sorry ass.

Just goes to show just how economical and how much sense it makes to use solar. Solar is going to eat fossil fuels fucking lunch.

That is what religion has to offer society. Pain, death and idiocy.

Science and tech is real life and allows us to be able to do everything for ourselves. No gods coming to save your sorry ass.
using tech to do something is the opposite of doing it yourself,,

Science and tech is real life and allows us to be able to do everything for ourselves.
It may not be all sunshine and rainbows. You maybe need a more balanced view.

No doubt, you jumped in and took the COVID jab, w/o any hesitation.

There is, however, more nuance to this discussion, and, some of us are aware of it. If you don't want to be aware of the complete picture? Well, that is on you.

This? Is a discussion between just your average Joe, and a very brilliant man who talks glowingly about futurism, just like you do.

"Raymond Kurzweil (/ˈkɜːrzwaɪl/, KURZ-wyle; born February 12, 1948) is an American computer scientist, author, inventor, and futurist. He is involved in fields such as optical character recognition (OCR), text-to-speech synthesis, speech recognition technology, and electronic keyboard instruments. He has written books on health, artificial intelligence (AI), transhumanism, the technological singularity, and futurism.. . . "

Kurwell's intelligence and education dwarfs Joe's. . . BY FAR.

. . . and yet? Just by using logic and the Socratic method, by the end of this, Rogan has reduced the good doctor to admitting he doesn't have all the answers. . . . AND, that should be a very important lesson to us all.

We are all human, and none of us really, "know," anything for sure. You will need to watch the entire thing, to gain a complete picture. Most folks don't have that kind of patience to understand the full picture.

Joe Rogan Experience #2117 - Ray Kurzweil​

Mar 12, 2024
"Ray Kurzweil is a scientist, futurist, and Principal Researcher and AI Visionary at Google. He's the author of numerous books, including the forthcoming title "The Singularity is Nearer." Look for it on June 25, 2024."

Last edited:

I wouldn't say vr and ar aint advancing but very slowly but won't add it to the list. but maybe I should? Meta 3 and apple recently released headset are impressive and would have blown anyones mind even 10 years ago.

Didn't our private moon mission end up with the thing landing on its side and unable to function?

Forum List

Back