Who on here are fans of blues music?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I absolutely LOVE blues music, hence my site name. My favorite blues musicians, all-time, are - 1) Muddy Waters 2) Howlin' Wolf 3) Jimmy Johnson, blues musician, 91 years of age, who is STILL active on the blues scene. 4) Fenton Robinson, wonderful jazz influenced musician who died at the young age of 62, in 1997, due to cancer. 5) Little Walter, THE best blues harmonica player I've heard, and a decent singer.

i am......for me its Willie Dixon the greatest blues composer there was.....Howlin Wolf....Elmore James....some of the newer people The Allman Bros with Duane otherwise forget it....The Paul Butterfield Blues Band the Michael Bloomfield years....early Fleetwood Mac the Peter Green years.....

i am......for me its Willie Dixon the greatest blues composer there was.....Howlin Wolf....Elmore James....some of the newer people The Allman Bros with Duane otherwise forget it....The Paul Butterfield Blues Band the Michael Bloomfield years....early Fleetwood Mac the Peter Green years.....
Thanks for your reply, Harry. There are some great names on your list!

I like Blues- and Country, which has been said, is just a white man singing the blues. I like Soul Music too and combining it with the blues vocals is awesome-

I really admire old time Blues guitar players who got their start with guitars that, by today's standards, were POS instruments- it ain't easy to make a good one sound good, never mind an old piece of crap.

I really admire old time Blues guitar players who got their start with guitars that, by today's standards, were POS instruments- it ain't easy to make a good one sound good, never mind an old piece of crap.
Exactly. The sound Robert Johnson was able to somehow get from HIS guitar is just amazing.

I absolutely LOVE blues music, hence my site name. My favorite blues musicians, all-time, are - 1) Muddy Waters 2) Howlin' Wolf 3) Jimmy Johnson, blues musician, 91 years of age, who is STILL active on the blues scene. 4) Fenton Robinson, wonderful jazz influenced musician who died at the young age of 62, in 1997, due to cancer. 5) Little Walter, THE best blues harmonica player I've heard, and a decent singer.

I am to some extent but I'm more of a smooth jazz fan. Also rock, classic and most other music except for hip hop, rap crap and metal. Even later day country is good by me. Oh yeah I don't go in for opera much either.

I am to some extent but I'm more of a smooth jazz fan. Also rock, classic and most other music except for hip hop, rap crap and metal. Even later day country is good by me. Oh yeah I don't go in for opera much either.
Thanks for your reply. You MAY like the music of Fenton Robinson. He was a blues musician with a very definite jazz sound in some of his music. There is a LOT of his music available to listen to on YouTube. Unfortunately I can't post any of it on here because the linkage system on this computer doesn't work.

All very good picks. My top 3 are:

1. Albert King
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Albert Collins

Forum List

Back