Who are some of your favorite Blues musicians, all-time?

There have been MANY great practitioners of blues throughout the history of the music, which most believed to originate around 1920, in America's southern states. Blues music derived from jazz, gospel, folk, and old country music. Many of the early blues artists combined blues with religious music in their repertoire. My absolute favorite blues musician is Muddy Waters. His blues were/are some of the most powerful and heartfelt songs ever recorded. You really can't go wrong with ANY of his albums/CD's. His music really IS that good. Other favorites of mine include Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, B.B. King, Sam "Lightnin" Hopkins, Skip James, Elmore James, Albert King, Robert Johnson, Fenton Robinson, and Jimmy Johnson - who is STILL active in the Chicago blues scene at age 91! And also Buddy Guy, who has kept the blues "alive" probably more than any other older blues musician. So, here are some of my favorites, who are some of yours?

More of my favorites. They are more contemporary.

The second time I worked with him. It was 1995.

View attachment 331224

The third time I worked with him. It was 1998.

View attachment 331225

Jimmy Page isn't easy to photograph. He's not photogenic. Even though he stands next to one of the most photogenic musicians I've ever worked with. It's like night and day. The shots below were taken the first time I worked with him in 1995.

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227
Wow, thanks again for THESE pics! Robert Plant AND Jimmy Page, just spectacular.

It was my career for 35 years. The reality is that all I do is just steal what's in front of me by pressing a button.

Robert is a pure joy to photograph and work with. The man was born to be on the stage. Seriously. I've worked with him 3 times. The first time was in the mid 80s when he released the Honeydrippers album. He did his regular set, took an intermission then came out and did the whole Honeydrippers album. He and all on stage were in 1950s clothes. I am one of the few who has photos of all of that.

Jimmy while is the most gifted men alive, he's a genius with a guitar, is sooooo not photogenic. He's like most gifted guitar players, he makes the most ridiculous faces when he plays his guitars. I love Jimmy. He's sweet. Both he and Robert have the same twisted sense of humor I have.
Led Zepplin was one the key contributions to classic rock. Absolutely wouldn't be the same without them.
You bet. They absolutely loved blues music, and played it QUITE well. They were just a great all-around band, each musician in the group was a virtuoso on his instrument. And of course, Robert Plant was a virtuoso vocalist.

Thanks for the post. Freddie was a great guitarist AND vocalist. It's a shame he died so young.
There have been MANY great practitioners of blues throughout the history of the music, which most believed to originate around 1920, in America's southern states. Blues music derived from jazz, gospel, folk, and old country music. Many of the early blues artists combined blues with religious music in their repertoire. My absolute favorite blues musician is Muddy Waters. His blues were/are some of the most powerful and heartfelt songs ever recorded. You really can't go wrong with ANY of his albums/CD's. His music really IS that good. Other favorites of mine include Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, B.B. King, Sam "Lightnin" Hopkins, Skip James, Elmore James, Albert King, Robert Johnson, Fenton Robinson, and Jimmy Johnson - who is STILL active in the Chicago blues scene at age 91! And also Buddy Guy, who has kept the blues "alive" probably more than any other older blues musician. So, here are some of my favorites, who are some of yours?

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

Jimmy Page isn't easy to photograph. He's not photogenic. Even though he stands next to one of the most photogenic musicians I've ever worked with. It's like night and day. The shots below were taken the first time I worked with him in 1995.

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227
Wow, thanks again for THESE pics! Robert Plant AND Jimmy Page, just spectacular.

It was my career for 35 years. The reality is that all I do is just steal what's in front of me by pressing a button.

Robert is a pure joy to photograph and work with. The man was born to be on the stage. Seriously. I've worked with him 3 times. The first time was in the mid 80s when he released the Honeydrippers album. He did his regular set, took an intermission then came out and did the whole Honeydrippers album. He and all on stage were in 1950s clothes. I am one of the few who has photos of all of that.

Jimmy while is the most gifted men alive, he's a genius with a guitar, is sooooo not photogenic. He's like most gifted guitar players, he makes the most ridiculous faces when he plays his guitars. I love Jimmy. He's sweet. Both he and Robert have the same twisted sense of humor I have.
Led Zepplin was one the key contributions to classic rock. Absolutely wouldn't be the same without them.
[/

I don't know WHAT happened to the bottom of this expanded post. I THINK I accidentally tried to start posting my NEXT post on the bottom of THIS one!

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

You bet. They absolutely loved blues music, and played it QUITE well. They were just a great all-around band, each musician in the group was a virtuoso on his instrument. And of course, Robert Plant was a virtuoso vocalist.
I always though he was a bit too screechy for my blood, but I just took it in stride, for the sake of the band as a whole. > Just like tolerating voice of Mick Jagger (ha ha), and Bob Dylan for the overall magnificence.

Hendrix wasn't that much of singer either, but oh man, that guitar. His wild man antics occasionally went too far though, like burning a guitar on stage. That was hard to watch.

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

It sounds like that was a fantastic profession. And your info on Robert Plant is quite interesting. He seems to be a very nice guy in everything I've read about him. I've never read or seen ANYTHING bad about the man. Thanks so MUCH again for your wonderful posts on this thread. It's very much appreciated!

It was very interesting I can say that.

Robert Planet is a fantastic man. I just love him. There is nothing bad anyone can ever say about him. He's just a great man. I just love him.

The first shot, the one of him with him giving me that shit grin, I had just said to him, "oh just take your shirt off!" It was the end of the night and at the party afterward. I was no longer sober when I said that to him. He looked at me and gave me that shit grin. Then we both busted out laughing. It's an inside joke we had. I won't go into that, it's personal. We both have the same twisted sense of humor.

My favorite female blues singer is the queen of soul, Aretha Franklin. I had to travel to the other side of the continent to work with her, not many get that honor. So I got on that plane and went to the east coast. I won't put up any of my shots of her. It's just too painful for me to look at them. She was a great woman. Just typing about her and having that great honor has me in tears now. Her death was an extremely hard one for me. It still hurts.

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

It sounds like that was a fantastic profession. And your info on Robert Plant is quite interesting. He seems to be a very nice guy in everything I've read about him. I've never read or seen ANYTHING bad about the man. Thanks so MUCH again for your wonderful posts on this thread. It's very much appreciated!

Robert Planet is a fantastic man. I just love him. There is nothing bad anyone can ever say about him. He's just a great man. I just love him.

The first shot, the one of him with him giving me that shit grin, I had just said to him, "oh just take your shirt off!" It was the end of the night and at the party afterward. I was no longer sober when I said that to him. He looked at me and gave me that shit grin. Then we both busted out laughing. It's an inside joke we had. I won't go into that, it's personal. We both have the same twisted sense of humor.

My favorite female blues singer is the queen of soul, Aretha Franklin. I had to travel to the other side of the continent to work with her, not many get that honor. So I got on that plane and went to the east coast. I won't put up any of my shots of her. It's just too painful for me to look at them. She was a great woman. Just typing about her and having that great honor has me in tears now. Her death was an extremely hard one for me. It still hurts.
Wow, Aretha Franklin! She's THE best female r&b singer I've ever heard. She had just a fantastic voice.

I suppose it's more gospel than blues, but ol Sister Rosetta owned that platform and her guitar, both...

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

In my opinion Led Zeppelin is one of the 2 greatest bands in music. Ever.

The Beatles not only changed music but they also changed the world.

Led Zeppelin changed music. Jimmy Page changed the way the guitar is played.

I can't think of any Zeppelin song I don't like. I did get very tired of Stairway to Heaven and agree with Robert, it's not their best song.

In fact my workout play list is nothing but Zeppelin music. In the following order below. My gym has been closed since the first of March so I've been walking a Boeing parking lot now for my workout. It's deserted and I'm the only person there so I sing the songs along with Robert. To the top of my lungs. LOL.

The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
D'yer Maker
Houses of the Holy.
Kashmir
Trampled Under Feet
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Achilies Last Stand

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

Wow, Aretha Franklin! She's THE best female r&b singer I've ever heard. She had just a fantastic voice.

Yes I got that great honor in 2001.

She didn't get on airplanes. She didn't like to fly. So she didn't do it. She didn't have to. She was Aretha Franklin. She did all her performances in the east in places that were close enough to drive.

Here is my public list of performers I've photographed. That is photographs and work that I will allow the pubic to see and buy. I have my own personal list that's more complete.

1. 3-11 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

2. 65 Days of Static 2008

3. 98 Degrees 2013

4. Aerosmith 2001

5. Adventure Galley 2012

6. Aggrolites 2012

7. AirBourne 2010, 2013

8. Alanis Morissette 2008, 2012

9. Alberta Cross 2011

10. Alex Clare 2012

11. Alice In Chains 2007, 2013

12. Alice Smith 2008

13. All That Remains 2011, 2013

14. Allman Brothers 1991, 2009

15. Amanda Hardy Band 2013

16. Amon Amarth 2013

17. Amos Lee 2014

18. Angles and Airwaves 2008

19. Animal Kingdom 2012

20. Ann Atomic 2010

21. Anna Nalick 2013

22. Annie Clark 2013

23. Avenged Sevenfold 2010, 2013

24. Anvil 2010

25. Aretha Franklin 2001

26. Artizan 2013

27. Astronauticals 2011

28. Atlas Genius 2012

29. Attika 7 2013

30. Austin Mahone 2013

31. Avril Lavigne 2014

32. Awesome 2008

33. Awolnation 2011

34. BB King 1992,2005

35. Backstreet Boys 2014

36. Band of Horses 2010

37. Barenaked Ladies 2012, 2013

38. Battlecross 2013

39. Beach House 2010, 2011

40. Beats Antique 2011

41. Beirut 2008, 2012

42. Ben Fisher 2012

43. Ben Folds Five 2013

44. Ben Harper 2002

45. Beware Of Darkness 2013

46. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy 2005

47. Big Boi 2011

48. Big Head Todd and the Monsters 2004, 2012

49. Big K.R.I.T 2013

50. Big Sur 2012

51. Billy Bragg 2010

52. Billy Joel 1999, 2001

53. Birds@Batteries 2012

54. Bison 2012

55. Black Crows 2001

56. Black Beat Blue 2013

57. Blackberry Smoke 2013

58. Blind Pilot 2012

59. Blink 182 2011

60. Blitzen Traper 2012

61. Blue Scholars 2008

62. Blues Traveler 2008, 2012

63. Boat 2010

64. Bob Dylan 1999

65. Bob Mould 2011

66. Bobby Bear Jr. 2012

67 Bon Iver 2012

68. Bonnie Raitt 1990, 1999

69. Booker T Jones 2010

70. Boothby 2013

71. Born Of Osirs 2013

72. Boyz II Men 2013

73. Brad 2010

74. Brad Paisley 2009, 2013

75. Brandi Carlile 2008

76. Bright Eyes 2011

77. Brite Futures 2011

78. Broken Arrow 2009

79. Broken Social Scene 2010, 2011

80. Bruce Hornsby 1999, 2004

81. Bruce Springsteen 1984

82. Brother Ali 2010

83. Buddy Guy 1992

84. Built To Spill 2008

85. Butcher Babies 2013

86. Burton Cummings,The Guess Who 1992

87. Capital Cities 2013

88. Carbon Leaf 2007

89. Caribu 2010

90. Carl Palmer Band 2006

91. Carley Simon 1995

92. Carol King 1989, 2010

93. Charming Liars 2013

94. Chevelle 2011

95. Chiddy Bang 2012

96. Childish Gambino 2012

97. Children Of Bodom 2013

98. Chris Cagle 2013

99. Chris Pureka 2010

100. Chris Young 2013

101. Christina Perri 2012

102. Chromeo 2011

103. Chuck Shaffer Picture Show 2013

104. Cindy Lauper 1997.

105. Cisco Alder & Shwayze 2011

106. Citizen Cope 2008

107. Clapy Your Hands Say Yeah 2012

108. Coheed & Cambria 2013

109. Colbie Caillat 2010

110. Cold War Kids 2008, 2011, 2013

111. Coldplay 2012

112. Collective Soul 2008

113. Common 2010

114. Counting Crows 2013

115. Cracker 2012

116. Crosby Loggins 2004, 2007

117. Crosby, Stills & Nash 1992, 1994, 2008

118. Custom 2013

119. Dale Ernhardt Jr. Jr. 2012

120. Dan Godlin 2013

121. Dan Nichols & Eighteen 2014

122. Danko Jones 2013

123. Darius Rucker 2012

124. Dark Prairie 2014

125. Darklight 2013

126. Dave Edmunds 1992

127. Dave Matthews 2005

128 Dave Sandborne 2007

129. David Bazan 2010

130. David Byrne 2013

131. David Garrett 2012

132. David Kennedy 2011

133. Death Cab For Cutie 2008, 2011

134. Death From Above 2011

135. Deep Sea Diver 2012

136. Del Mar 2011

137. Dengue Fever 2008

138. Dierks Bentley 2009, 2012

139. Diana Ross 1982, 1991

140. Disturbed 2010

141. Don Henley 1991

142. Doobie Brothers 1991

143. Drake 2010

144. Drake White 2013

145. Dr. John 1992

146. Drive-By Truckers 2010

147. Duff McKagans Loaded 2011

148. Dust Bunnies 2012

149. Dyme Def 2008

150. Eagles 2002

151. Elton John 1986, 2001

152. Elvis Costello 2008

153. Emblem 3 2013

154. Emerson, Lake & Palmer 1992, 1996

155. Emmure 2013

156. Eric Clapton 1992

157. Eryka Badu 2010

158. Everclear 2001

159. Fall Out Boy 2013

160 Family Of The Year 2013

161. Fates Warning 2013

162. Feist 2012

163. Fences 2010

164. Fiction Plane 2007

165. Fifth Harmony 2013

166. Fiona Apple 2012

167. Fitz & The Tantrums 2011

168. Five Finger Death Punch 2010, 2011, 2013

169. Flava Flav 2010

170. Fleet Foxes 2008

171. Fleetwood Mac 2013

172. Flight Of The Concords 2008

173. Flo Rida 2013

174. Flogging Molly 2011

175. Florence & the Machine 2012

176. Fly Moon Royalty 2011

177. Foghat 2005

178. Fuel 2001

179. Fun 2012

180. G Love/Special Sauce 2008, 2010

181. Gary Clark Jr. 2012, 2013

182. Genesis 1992

183. Gilby Clarke Guns & Roses 2003, 2013

184. Girl Talk 2012

185. Glen Kotche 2006

186. Givers 2011

187. Gold Leaves 2012

188. Gossip 2013

189. Grace Potter & The Nocturnals 2010, 2012

190. Graham Nash 2010

191. Graphic Light Theory 2013

192. Green Sky Bluegrass 2011

193. Greg Laswell 2010

194. Group Love 2012

195. Guided By Voices 2011

196. Guns N Roses 2011

197. Guster 2013

198. Hail The Villain 2010

199. Head Like A Kite 2011

200. Halestorm 2010

201. Hall & Oats 1985, 1995, 2011, 2013

202. Harry Connick Jr. 1994

203. He Is We 2011

204. Heart 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007

205. Heaven’s Basement 2013

206. Hedley 2013

207. Hell Yeah 2010

208. Hey Marseilles 2012, 2013

209. Highasakite 2014

210. HIM 2013

211. Hinder 2011

212. Hole 2010

213. Horse Feathers 2010

214. Huntress 2013

215. Husky 2012

216. Ian Moore & The Lossy Coils 2011

217. Icona Pop 2013

218. Invertical 2013

219. Iron & Wine 2011

220. Ivan & Alyosha 2012

221. J. Cole 2009, 2010

222. Jack Johnson 2010

223. Jackie Green 2008

224. Jackson Browne 1999

225. Jaded Mary 2014

226. James Taylor 1992, 1996,1998, 2010

227. Jamey Johnson 2012

228. Jane’s Addiction 2013

229. Jason Mraz 2012

230. Jenny & Johnny 2010

231. Jay Gore 2011

232. Jay Z 2009

233. Jeff Beck 1995

234. Jeff The Brotherhood 2010

235. Jeff Tweedy 2006

236. Jennifer Hudson 2013

237. Jethro Tull 1996, 1998, 2005

238. Jimmy Page 1995, 1998

239. Joan Jett 2000

240. Joan Osborne 2000

241. Job For A Cowboy 2013

242. Joe Bonamassa 2007, 2010

243. Joe Walsh 1992

244. John Butler 2007. 2008

245. John Fogerty 1997

246. John Mayall 2003

247. John Mayer 2013

248. John Mellencamp 1999

249. Johnny Reid 2012

250. Jon Pardi 2012

251. Josh Groban 2013

252. Joshua Radin 2007

253. Joy Formidable 2011, 2012

254. JuBee & The Morning After 2010

255. Judith Hill 2013

256. Justin Kauflin Trio 2014

257. Kansas 1996

258. Kaylee Cole 2011

259. Kendrick Lamar 2011

260. Kenny G 1992

261. Kenny Loggins 2002, 2004

262. Kenny Wayne Shepherd 2005

263. Kid Cudi 2010

264. Kings Go Forth 2010

265. Kip Moore 2013

266 Kithkin 2012

267. Korn 2010, 2011

268. Kris Orlowski 2012

269. Lady Antebellum 2012

270. Lamb Of God 2010

271. Land Of Pines 2012

272. LCD Soundsystem 2010

273. Lee Brice 2013

274. Lemolo 2012

275. Lenny Kravitz 2011

276. Leon Russell 2011

277. Like A Storm 2011

278. Lindsey Buckingham, (Of Fletwood Mac) 1993, 2006, 2008

279. Little Dragon 2011

280. Live 2008

281. Lo Fang 2014

282. Local Natives 2011

283. Loggins & Messina 2005

284. London Grammar 2014

285. Lorde 2014

286. Luke Bryan 2011, 2013

287 M. Ward 2012

288. Machine Head 2013

289. Mad Rad 2011

290. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis 2011,2013

291. Madeline Peyroux 2005

292. Madonna 2012

293. Maggie Rose 2013

294. Manchester Orchestra 2011

295. Marie Digby 2010

296. Marshalll Tucker Band 2004

297. Mary J. Blige 2010

298. Mastodon 2011, 2013

299. Massive Attack 2010

300. Matt Costa 2008

301 Matchbox 20 2001

302. Mavis Staples 2011

303. Mayer Hawthorne & Country 2010

304. MC Hammer 2013

305. Meat Puppies 2011

306. MGMT 2010

307. Melissa Etheridge 1990, 1996, 2010, 2013

308. Metric 2012

309. M.I.A. 2008

310. Midlake 2010

311. Mick Fleetwood 1994

312. Mike McCready of Pearl Jam 2012

313. Mickey Avalon 2009

314. Michael Franti & Spearhead 2008

315. Middle Class Rut 2011, 2013

316. Mike Inez of Alice In Chains 2002, 2005 2004, 2007

317. Milo Greene 2012

318. Mindi Abair 2011

319. Mindset Evolution 2013

320. Minus The Bear 2010, 2011

321. Modest Mouse 2008, 2011

322. Monophonics 2013

323. Morning Teleportation 2011

324. Motion City Soundtrack 2010

325. Motionless In White 2013

326. Moody Blues 1980, 1993, 1996, 2003, 2013

327. Morning Parade 2012

328. MSMR 2013

329. My Chemical Romance 2011

330. My Morning Jacket 2007, 2010

331. Naked & Famous 2011

332. Neal McCoy 2013

333. Neil Young 1992, 1999, 2000, 2012

334. Neko Case 2010

335. Nells Lofgren, of The E Street Band 1992

336. Neon Trees 2011

337. N.E.R.D. 2009

338. New Kids On The Block 2013

339. New Medicine 2010

340. New Politics 2013

341. Nickel Creek 2005, 2006

342. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 2004

343. Noa 2014

344. Noah Gunderson 2012

345. Norah Jones 2010

346. Nordic Collective 2011

347. O.A.R Of a Revolution 2007, 2009

348. OK GO 2010

349. Old 97’s 2011

350. Ozomatli 2008

351. Paramore 2013

352. Passion Pit 2010

353. Paul McCartney 1990, 2005, 2013

354. Paul Simon 1999, 2001

355. Paula Abdule 1992

356. Paulina Jayne 2012

357. Pavement 2010

358. Pat Monahan 2008

359. Pentagram 2011

360. Perry 2011

361. Peter Frampton 2001

362. Peter Gabriel 2001

363. Peter, Paul and Mary 2003

364. Phantogram 2011

365. Phil Collins 1990

366. Phillp Phillips 2013

367. Phish 2011

368. Pickwick 2012

369. Pink 2013

370. Pink Martini 2011

371. Pitbull 2011

372. Poor Moon 2012

373. Porcupine Tree 2005

374. Portland Cello Project 2012

375. Portugal. The Man 2011

376. Presidents of the USA 2008, 2011

377. Pretty Broken Things 2012

378. Princess 2013

379. PS I Love You 2011

380. Puscifer 2011

381. Queensryche 1993, 2011

382. Quincy Jones 2014

383. Rachel Farley 2013

384. Radiation City 2012

385. Rain Light Fade 2014

386. Rancid 2011

387. Ray Charles 1993

388. Rebelution 2011

389. Red Light Kings 2011

390. R.E.M. 2008

391. Restruct 2010

392. Ringo Starr 1992

393. Rise Against 2010

394. Rob Zombie 2010, 2013

395. Robert Plant 1985,1995, 1998

396. Rocco Deluca 2007

397. Rod Stewart 1995, 2011

398. Rodrigo Y Gabriela 2008, 2011

399. Roger Waters 2000, 2006, 2010, 2012

400. Roy Clark 2004

401. Royal Teeth 2013

402. Rush 2002, 2008, 2011, 2012

403. Sammy Hagar 2013

404. San Cisco 2013

405. Santana 1991, 1995, 1999

406. Santigold 2012

407. Sara Bareilles 2007

408. Sara MaLachlan 2010

409. Sarah Dugas 2014

410. Schuyler Fisk 2007

411. Selena Gomez 2013

412. Serena Ryder 2007

413. Shawn Colvin 1999

414. Shabazz Palaces 2010, 2011

415. Shane Alexander 2011

416 Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings 2011

417. Sharon Van Etten 2011

418. She & Him 2010

419. Sheryl Crow 2008, 2010

420. Shooter Jennings 2013

421. Silversun Pickups 2012

422. Slender Means 2010

423. Slightly Stoopid 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

424. Sly & Robbie 2008

425. Smith Westerns 2011

426. Snoop Dog 2009

427. Soundgarden 2011, 2013

428. Starr Anna 2012

429. Stay Eazy 2014

430. Steel Pulse 2010

431. Steely Dan 1996, 2000, 2008

432. Stephen Marley 2009

433. Stevie Nicks 1998, 2001, 2011

434.Stevie Wonder 2008

435. Sting 1991, 2000, 2008

436. Stone Sour 2010

437. Styx 1996, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

438. Sublime With Rome 2011

439. Sugarland 2010

440. Supertramp 1985, 1997

441. Surfer Blood 2013

442. Sway 2010

443. Talib Kweli 2013

444. Targets Down Range 2013

445. Tegan And Sara 2008, 2010

446. Terra Nova 2014

447. The Adarna 2014

448. The Bouncing Souls 2010

449. The Bronx 2011

450. The Civil Wars 2012

451. The Cure 2008

452. The Dead 2009

453. The Dead Daisies 2013

454. The Devil Whale 2012

455 The Drums 2011

456. The Dum Dum Girls 2010

457 The Expendables 2010

458. The Fabulous Thunderbirds 1992

459. The Features 2012

460. The Flaming Lips 2009, 2011

461. The Head & The Heart 2011, 2012

462. The Hives 2008

463. The Jim Jones Review 2011

464. The Last Good Night 2007

465. The Long Winters 2010

466. The Lonely Forest 2011

467. The Lonely H 2010

468. The Maldives 2012

469. The Moondoggies 2010

470. The National 2010

471. The Neighbourhood 2013

472. The People Now 2013, 2014

473. The New Pornographers 2008

474. The Radio Dept. 2011

475. The Royal Concept 2012

476. The Ryan Larsen Band 2012

477. The Saints Damnation 2013

478. The Scene Aesthetic 2011

479. The Sheepdogs 2012

480. The Shins 2012

481. The String Cheese Incident 2004

482. The Temper Trap 2010

483. The Tenors 2013

484. The Thermals 2010

485. The Police 2007, 2008

486. The Pretenders 2000, 2009

487. The Wailers 2010

488. The Wallflowers 2013

489. The Walkmen 2012

490. The Who 1989, 2000

491. THEESatisfaction 2012

492. Terri Clark 2013

493. They Might Be Giants 2010

494. Thomas Rhett 2012

495. Thompson Square 2012, 2013

496. Tim McGraw 2011

497. Timothy B. Schmidt of the Eagles 1992

498. Tina Turner 1993, 1997

499. Toby Lightman 2007

500. Todd Rungren 1992

501. Tokyo Police Club 2008, 2011

502. Tom Delong 2011

503. Tom Eddy 2012

504. Tom Petty 2001

505. Tony Levin (of Peter Gabriel Band) 2000

506. Toro Y Moi 2011

507. Tower of Power 1991, 2006, 2007

508. Trampled By Turtles 2012

509. Travie McCoy 2013

510. Trip Madam 2013

511. Tristan Prettyman 2008

512. Twenty One Pilots 2013

513. U2 1993, 2011

514. Uncle Kracker 2012

515. Vampire Weekend 2010

516. Viva Brothers 2011

517. Voltbeat 2013

518. Vusi Manhasela 2011

519. Walk The Moon 2012

520. Walking Papers 2013

521. War Paint 2011

522. Wavves 2011, 2013

523. Ween 2010

524. Weezer 2008, 2010, 2011

525. Wilco 2011

526. Willy Moon 2013

527. Wilson Phillips 2011

528. Witchburn 2011

529. Wiz Khalifa 2011

530. Wolf Parade 2011

531. Xavier Rudd 2007

532. Xollie Morra (Of A Strange Kind) 2010

533. Yeasayer 2008

534. Yes 2011

535. You and I 2011

536. Young The Giant 2011

537. Zee Avi 2010

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

She didn't get on airplanes. She didn't like to fly. So she didn't do it. She didn't have to. She was Aretha Franklin. She did all her performances in the east in places that were close enough to drive.

Here is my public list of performers I've photographed. That is photographs and work that I will allow the pubic to see and buy. I have my own personal list that's more complete.

3. 98 Degrees 2013

4. Aerosmith 2001

5. Adventure Galley 2012

6. Aggrolites 2012

7. AirBourne 2010, 2013

9. Alberta Cross 2011

10. Alex Clare 2012

12. Alice Smith 2008

16. Amon Amarth 2013

17. Amos Lee 2014

19. Animal Kingdom 2012

20. Ann Atomic 2010

21. Anna Nalick 2013

22. Annie Clark 2013

24. Anvil 2010

25. Aretha Franklin 2001

26. Artizan 2013

27. Astronauticals 2011

28. Atlas Genius 2012

29. Attika 7 2013

30. Austin Mahone 2013

31. Avril Lavigne 2014

32. Awesome 2008

33. Awolnation 2011

34. BB King 1992,2005

35. Backstreet Boys 2014

36. Band of Horses 2010

38. Battlecross 2013

40. Beats Antique 2011

41. Beirut 2008, 2012

42. Ben Fisher 2012

43. Ben Folds Five 2013

44. Ben Harper 2002

47. Big Boi 2011

49. Big K.R.I.T 2013

50. Big Sur 2012

51. Billy Bragg 2010

53. Birds@Batteries 2012

54. Bison 2012

55. Black Crows 2001

56. Black Beat Blue 2013

58. Blind Pilot 2012

59. Blink 182 2011

60. Blitzen Traper 2012

61. Blue Scholars 2008

63. Boat 2010

64. Bob Dylan 1999

65. Bob Mould 2011

66. Bobby Bear Jr. 2012

67 Bon Iver 2012

69. Booker T Jones 2010

70. Boothby 2013

71. Born Of Osirs 2013

72. Boyz II Men 2013

73. Brad 2010

75. Brandi Carlile 2008

76. Bright Eyes 2011

77. Brite Futures 2011

78. Broken Arrow 2009

82. Brother Ali 2010

83. Buddy Guy 1992

84. Built To Spill 2008

85. Butcher Babies 2013

87. Capital Cities 2013

88. Carbon Leaf 2007

89. Caribu 2010

91. Carley Simon 1995

93. Charming Liars 2013

94. Chevelle 2011

95. Chiddy Bang 2012

98. Chris Cagle 2013

99. Chris Pureka 2010

100. Chris Young 2013

102. Chromeo 2011

104. Cindy Lauper 1997.

106. Citizen Cope 2008

109. Colbie Caillat 2010

111. Coldplay 2012

113. Common 2010

114. Counting Crows 2013

115. Cracker 2012

118. Custom 2013

120. Dan Godlin 2013

122. Danko Jones 2013

123. Darius Rucker 2012

124. Dark Prairie 2014

125. Darklight 2013

126. Dave Edmunds 1992

127. Dave Matthews 2005

128 Dave Sandborne 2007

129. David Bazan 2010

130. David Byrne 2013

131. David Garrett 2012

132. David Kennedy 2011

135. Deep Sea Diver 2012

136. Del Mar 2011

137. Dengue Fever 2008

140. Disturbed 2010

141. Don Henley 1991

143. Drake 2010

144. Drake White 2013

145. Dr. John 1992

148. Dust Bunnies 2012

149. Dyme Def 2008

150. Eagles 2002

152. Elvis Costello 2008

153. Emblem 3 2013

155. Emmure 2013

156. Eric Clapton 1992

157. Eryka Badu 2010

158. Everclear 2001

159. Fall Out Boy 2013

161. Fates Warning 2013

162. Feist 2012

163. Fences 2010

164. Fiction Plane 2007

165. Fifth Harmony 2013

166. Fiona Apple 2012

169. Flava Flav 2010

170. Fleet Foxes 2008

171. Fleetwood Mac 2013

173. Flo Rida 2013

174. Flogging Molly 2011

177. Foghat 2005

178. Fuel 2001

179. Fun 2012

182. Genesis 1992

184. Girl Talk 2012

185. Glen Kotche 2006

186. Givers 2011

187. Gold Leaves 2012

188. Gossip 2013

190. Graham Nash 2010

193. Greg Laswell 2010

194. Group Love 2012

196. Guns N Roses 2011

197. Guster 2013

200. Halestorm 2010

203. He Is We 2011

206. Hedley 2013

207. Hell Yeah 2010

209. Highasakite 2014

210. HIM 2013

211. Hinder 2011

212. Hole 2010

213. Horse Feathers 2010

214. Huntress 2013

215. Husky 2012

217. Icona Pop 2013

218. Invertical 2013

219. Iron & Wine 2011

220. Ivan & Alyosha 2012

221. J. Cole 2009, 2010

222. Jack Johnson 2010

223. Jackie Green 2008

224. Jackson Browne 1999

225. Jaded Mary 2014

227. Jamey Johnson 2012

229. Jason Mraz 2012

230. Jenny & Johnny 2010

231. Jay Gore 2011

232. Jay Z 2009

233. Jeff Beck 1995

235. Jeff Tweedy 2006

239. Joan Jett 2000

240. Joan Osborne 2000

243. Joe Walsh 1992

245. John Fogerty 1997

246. John Mayall 2003

247. John Mayer 2013

249. Johnny Reid 2012

250. Jon Pardi 2012

251. Josh Groban 2013

252. Joshua Radin 2007

255. Judith Hill 2013

257. Kansas 1996

258. Kaylee Cole 2011

259. Kendrick Lamar 2011

260. Kenny G 1992

263. Kid Cudi 2010

264. Kings Go Forth 2010

265. Kip Moore 2013

266 Kithkin 2012

267. Korn 2010, 2011

268. Kris Orlowski 2012

270. Lamb Of God 2010

271. Land Of Pines 2012

273. Lee Brice 2013

274. Lemolo 2012

275. Lenny Kravitz 2011

276. Leon Russell 2011

277. Like A Storm 2011

279. Little Dragon 2011

280. Live 2008

281. Lo Fang 2014

282. Local Natives 2011

284. London Grammar 2014

285. Lorde 2014

287 M. Ward 2012

288. Machine Head 2013

289. Mad Rad 2011

292. Madonna 2012

293. Maggie Rose 2013

295. Marie Digby 2010

297. Mary J. Blige 2010

298. Mastodon 2011, 2013

299. Massive Attack 2010

300. Matt Costa 2008

301 Matchbox 20 2001

302. Mavis Staples 2011

304. MC Hammer 2013

305. Meat Puppies 2011

306. MGMT 2010

308. Metric 2012

309. M.I.A. 2008

310. Midlake 2010

311. Mick Fleetwood 1994

313. Mickey Avalon 2009

317. Milo Greene 2012

318. Mindi Abair 2011

322. Monophonics 2013

327. Morning Parade 2012

328. MSMR 2013

331. Naked & Famous 2011

332. Neal McCoy 2013

334. Neko Case 2010

336. Neon Trees 2011

337. N.E.R.D. 2009

339. New Medicine 2010

340. New Politics 2013

343. Noa 2014

344. Noah Gunderson 2012

345. Norah Jones 2010

348. OK GO 2010

349. Old 97’s 2011

350. Ozomatli 2008

351. Paramore 2013

352. Passion Pit 2010

355. Paula Abdule 1992

356. Paulina Jayne 2012

357. Pavement 2010

358. Pat Monahan 2008

359. Pentagram 2011

360. Perry 2011

361. Peter Frampton 2001

362. Peter Gabriel 2001

364. Phantogram 2011

365. Phil Collins 1990

367. Phish 2011

368. Pickwick 2012

369. Pink 2013

370. Pink Martini 2011

371. Pitbull 2011

372. Poor Moon 2012

373. Porcupine Tree 2005

378. Princess 2013

379. PS I Love You 2011

380. Puscifer 2011

382. Quincy Jones 2014

383. Rachel Farley 2013

384. Radiation City 2012

386. Rancid 2011

387. Ray Charles 1993

388. Rebelution 2011

390. R.E.M. 2008

391. Restruct 2010

392. Ringo Starr 1992

393. Rise Against 2010

396. Rocco Deluca 2007

400. Roy Clark 2004

401. Royal Teeth 2013

403. Sammy Hagar 2013

404. San Cisco 2013

406. Santigold 2012

407. Sara Bareilles 2007

408. Sara MaLachlan 2010

409. Sarah Dugas 2014

410. Schuyler Fisk 2007

411. Selena Gomez 2013

412. Serena Ryder 2007

413. Shawn Colvin 1999

418. She & Him 2010

422. Slender Means 2010

424. Sly & Robbie 2008

425. Smith Westerns 2011

426. Snoop Dog 2009

428. Starr Anna 2012

429. Stay Eazy 2014

430. Steel Pulse 2010

432. Stephen Marley 2009

434.Stevie Wonder 2008

436. Stone Sour 2010

439. Sugarland 2010

441. Surfer Blood 2013

442. Sway 2010

443. Talib Kweli 2013

446. Terra Nova 2014

447. The Adarna 2014

449. The Bronx 2011

450. The Civil Wars 2012

451. The Cure 2008

452. The Dead 2009

455 The Drums 2011

457 The Expendables 2010

459. The Features 2012

462. The Hives 2008

467. The Lonely H 2010

468. The Maldives 2012

470. The National 2010

479. The Sheepdogs 2012

480. The Shins 2012

483. The Tenors 2013

484. The Thermals 2010

487. The Wailers 2010

489. The Walkmen 2012

490. The Who 1989, 2000

492. Terri Clark 2013

494. Thomas Rhett 2012

496. Tim McGraw 2011

499. Toby Lightman 2007

500. Todd Rungren 1992

502. Tom Delong 2011

503. Tom Eddy 2012

504. Tom Petty 2001

506. Toro Y Moi 2011

509. Travie McCoy 2013

510. Trip Madam 2013

513. U2 1993, 2011

514. Uncle Kracker 2012

516. Viva Brothers 2011

517. Voltbeat 2013

518. Vusi Manhasela 2011

519. Walk The Moon 2012

520. Walking Papers 2013

521. War Paint 2011

522. Wavves 2011, 2013

523. Ween 2010

525. Wilco 2011

526. Willy Moon 2013

528. Witchburn 2011

529. Wiz Khalifa 2011

530. Wolf Parade 2011

531. Xavier Rudd 2007

533. Yeasayer 2008

534. Yes 2011

535. You and I 2011

537. Zee Avi 2010
Wow, that's quite a list! You even got to photograph my favorite retro/pub rocker all-time, Dave Edmunds! What was he like? Every interview I've seen of him he seemed to be a very nice and humble guy.

Last edited:

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

3. 98 Degrees 2013

4. Aerosmith 2001

5. Adventure Galley 2012

6. Aggrolites 2012

7. AirBourne 2010, 2013

9. Alberta Cross 2011

10. Alex Clare 2012

12. Alice Smith 2008

16. Amon Amarth 2013

17. Amos Lee 2014

19. Animal Kingdom 2012

20. Ann Atomic 2010

21. Anna Nalick 2013

22. Annie Clark 2013

24. Anvil 2010

25. Aretha Franklin 2001

26. Artizan 2013

27. Astronauticals 2011

28. Atlas Genius 2012

29. Attika 7 2013

30. Austin Mahone 2013

31. Avril Lavigne 2014

32. Awesome 2008

33. Awolnation 2011

34. BB King 1992,2005

35. Backstreet Boys 2014

36. Band of Horses 2010

38. Battlecross 2013

40. Beats Antique 2011

41. Beirut 2008, 2012

42. Ben Fisher 2012

43. Ben Folds Five 2013

44. Ben Harper 2002

47. Big Boi 2011

49. Big K.R.I.T 2013

50. Big Sur 2012

51. Billy Bragg 2010

53. Birds@Batteries 2012

54. Bison 2012

55. Black Crows 2001

56. Black Beat Blue 2013

58. Blind Pilot 2012

59. Blink 182 2011

60. Blitzen Traper 2012

61. Blue Scholars 2008

63. Boat 2010

64. Bob Dylan 1999

65. Bob Mould 2011

66. Bobby Bear Jr. 2012

67 Bon Iver 2012

69. Booker T Jones 2010

70. Boothby 2013

71. Born Of Osirs 2013

72. Boyz II Men 2013

73. Brad 2010

75. Brandi Carlile 2008

76. Bright Eyes 2011

77. Brite Futures 2011

78. Broken Arrow 2009

82. Brother Ali 2010

83. Buddy Guy 1992

84. Built To Spill 2008

85. Butcher Babies 2013

87. Capital Cities 2013

88. Carbon Leaf 2007

89. Caribu 2010

91. Carley Simon 1995

93. Charming Liars 2013

94. Chevelle 2011

95. Chiddy Bang 2012

98. Chris Cagle 2013

99. Chris Pureka 2010

100. Chris Young 2013

102. Chromeo 2011

104. Cindy Lauper 1997.

106. Citizen Cope 2008

109. Colbie Caillat 2010

111. Coldplay 2012

113. Common 2010

114. Counting Crows 2013

115. Cracker 2012

118. Custom 2013

120. Dan Godlin 2013

122. Danko Jones 2013

123. Darius Rucker 2012

124. Dark Prairie 2014

125. Darklight 2013

126. Dave Edmunds 1992

127. Dave Matthews 2005

128 Dave Sandborne 2007

129. David Bazan 2010

130. David Byrne 2013

131. David Garrett 2012

132. David Kennedy 2011

135. Deep Sea Diver 2012

136. Del Mar 2011

137. Dengue Fever 2008

140. Disturbed 2010

141. Don Henley 1991

143. Drake 2010

144. Drake White 2013

145. Dr. John 1992

148. Dust Bunnies 2012

149. Dyme Def 2008

150. Eagles 2002

152. Elvis Costello 2008

153. Emblem 3 2013

155. Emmure 2013

156. Eric Clapton 1992

157. Eryka Badu 2010

158. Everclear 2001

159. Fall Out Boy 2013

161. Fates Warning 2013

162. Feist 2012

163. Fences 2010

164. Fiction Plane 2007

165. Fifth Harmony 2013

166. Fiona Apple 2012

169. Flava Flav 2010

170. Fleet Foxes 2008

171. Fleetwood Mac 2013

173. Flo Rida 2013

174. Flogging Molly 2011

177. Foghat 2005

178. Fuel 2001

179. Fun 2012

182. Genesis 1992

184. Girl Talk 2012

185. Glen Kotche 2006

186. Givers 2011

187. Gold Leaves 2012

188. Gossip 2013

190. Graham Nash 2010

193. Greg Laswell 2010

194. Group Love 2012

196. Guns N Roses 2011

197. Guster 2013

200. Halestorm 2010

203. He Is We 2011

206. Hedley 2013

207. Hell Yeah 2010

209. Highasakite 2014

210. HIM 2013

211. Hinder 2011

212. Hole 2010

213. Horse Feathers 2010

214. Huntress 2013

215. Husky 2012

217. Icona Pop 2013

218. Invertical 2013

219. Iron & Wine 2011

220. Ivan & Alyosha 2012

221. J. Cole 2009, 2010

222. Jack Johnson 2010

223. Jackie Green 2008

224. Jackson Browne 1999

225. Jaded Mary 2014

227. Jamey Johnson 2012

229. Jason Mraz 2012

230. Jenny & Johnny 2010

231. Jay Gore 2011

232. Jay Z 2009

233. Jeff Beck 1995

235. Jeff Tweedy 2006

239. Joan Jett 2000

240. Joan Osborne 2000

243. Joe Walsh 1992

245. John Fogerty 1997

246. John Mayall 2003

247. John Mayer 2013

249. Johnny Reid 2012

250. Jon Pardi 2012

251. Josh Groban 2013

252. Joshua Radin 2007

255. Judith Hill 2013

257. Kansas 1996

258. Kaylee Cole 2011

259. Kendrick Lamar 2011

260. Kenny G 1992

263. Kid Cudi 2010

264. Kings Go Forth 2010

265. Kip Moore 2013

266 Kithkin 2012

267. Korn 2010, 2011

268. Kris Orlowski 2012

270. Lamb Of God 2010

271. Land Of Pines 2012

273. Lee Brice 2013

274. Lemolo 2012

275. Lenny Kravitz 2011

276. Leon Russell 2011

277. Like A Storm 2011

279. Little Dragon 2011

280. Live 2008

281. Lo Fang 2014

282. Local Natives 2011

284. London Grammar 2014

285. Lorde 2014

287 M. Ward 2012

288. Machine Head 2013

289. Mad Rad 2011

292. Madonna 2012

293. Maggie Rose 2013

295. Marie Digby 2010

297. Mary J. Blige 2010

298. Mastodon 2011, 2013

299. Massive Attack 2010

300. Matt Costa 2008

301 Matchbox 20 2001

302. Mavis Staples 2011

304. MC Hammer 2013

305. Meat Puppies 2011

306. MGMT 2010

308. Metric 2012

309. M.I.A. 2008

310. Midlake 2010

311. Mick Fleetwood 1994

313. Mickey Avalon 2009

317. Milo Greene 2012

318. Mindi Abair 2011

322. Monophonics 2013

327. Morning Parade 2012

328. MSMR 2013

331. Naked & Famous 2011

332. Neal McCoy 2013

334. Neko Case 2010

336. Neon Trees 2011

337. N.E.R.D. 2009

339. New Medicine 2010

340. New Politics 2013

343. Noa 2014

344. Noah Gunderson 2012

345. Norah Jones 2010

348. OK GO 2010

349. Old 97’s 2011

350. Ozomatli 2008

351. Paramore 2013

352. Passion Pit 2010

355. Paula Abdule 1992

356. Paulina Jayne 2012

357. Pavement 2010

358. Pat Monahan 2008

359. Pentagram 2011

360. Perry 2011

361. Peter Frampton 2001

362. Peter Gabriel 2001

364. Phantogram 2011

365. Phil Collins 1990

367. Phish 2011

368. Pickwick 2012

369. Pink 2013

370. Pink Martini 2011

371. Pitbull 2011

372. Poor Moon 2012

373. Porcupine Tree 2005

378. Princess 2013

379. PS I Love You 2011

380. Puscifer 2011

382. Quincy Jones 2014

383. Rachel Farley 2013

384. Radiation City 2012

386. Rancid 2011

387. Ray Charles 1993

388. Rebelution 2011

390. R.E.M. 2008

391. Restruct 2010

392. Ringo Starr 1992

393. Rise Against 2010

396. Rocco Deluca 2007

400. Roy Clark 2004

401. Royal Teeth 2013

403. Sammy Hagar 2013

404. San Cisco 2013

406. Santigold 2012

407. Sara Bareilles 2007

408. Sara MaLachlan 2010

409. Sarah Dugas 2014

410. Schuyler Fisk 2007

411. Selena Gomez 2013

412. Serena Ryder 2007

413. Shawn Colvin 1999

418. She & Him 2010

422. Slender Means 2010

424. Sly & Robbie 2008

425. Smith Westerns 2011

426. Snoop Dog 2009

428. Starr Anna 2012

429. Stay Eazy 2014

430. Steel Pulse 2010

432. Stephen Marley 2009

434.Stevie Wonder 2008

436. Stone Sour 2010

439. Sugarland 2010

441. Surfer Blood 2013

442. Sway 2010

443. Talib Kweli 2013

446. Terra Nova 2014

447. The Adarna 2014

449. The Bronx 2011

450. The Civil Wars 2012

451. The Cure 2008

452. The Dead 2009

455 The Drums 2011

457 The Expendables 2010

459. The Features 2012

462. The Hives 2008

467. The Lonely H 2010

468. The Maldives 2012

470. The National 2010

479. The Sheepdogs 2012

480. The Shins 2012

483. The Tenors 2013

484. The Thermals 2010

487. The Wailers 2010

489. The Walkmen 2012

490. The Who 1989, 2000

492. Terri Clark 2013

494. Thomas Rhett 2012

496. Tim McGraw 2011

499. Toby Lightman 2007

500. Todd Rungren 1992

502. Tom Delong 2011

503. Tom Eddy 2012

504. Tom Petty 2001

506. Toro Y Moi 2011

509. Travie McCoy 2013

510. Trip Madam 2013

513. U2 1993, 2011

514. Uncle Kracker 2012

516. Viva Brothers 2011

517. Voltbeat 2013

518. Vusi Manhasela 2011

519. Walk The Moon 2012

520. Walking Papers 2013

521. War Paint 2011

522. Wavves 2011, 2013

523. Ween 2010

525. Wilco 2011

526. Willy Moon 2013

528. Witchburn 2011

529. Wiz Khalifa 2011

530. Wolf Parade 2011

531. Xavier Rudd 2007

533. Yeasayer 2008

534. Yes 2011

535. You and I 2011

537. Zee Avi 2010
Wow, that's quite a list! You even got to photograph my favorite retro/pub rocker all-time, Dave Edmunds! What was he like? Every interview I've seen of him he seemed to be a very nice and humble guy.
I DID meet Nick Lowe, Dave's pub rock buddy, a couple times after his shows. He was very nice, and he signed a few items of mine.

Buddy Guy
And he's STILL active in the Chicago blues scene, at age 83, I believe. Just a fantastic guitarist AND a fine vocalist, as well.

I had never heard of him until I lived around the block from his bar.
Wow, you lived THAT close? Did you ever go there to see him perform? I've seen him live only once, around 2001 or 2002 in Scottsdale, Arizona. HE was good, but the venue was awful. I wish I had seen him in a better setting.

Yes. But, this is the coolest part. I had always read about musicians sitting on the sidelines and being invited to play . I thought that had disappeared. They would have guys sitting up at the bar watching the stage with a trumpet or sax and they were invited to play. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Buddy Guy
And he's STILL active in the Chicago blues scene, at age 83, I believe. Just a fantastic guitarist AND a fine vocalist, as well.

Wow, you lived THAT close? Did you ever go there to see him perform? I've seen him live only once, around 2001 or 2002 in Scottsdale, Arizona. HE was good, but the venue was awful. I wish I had seen him in a better setting.

Yes. But, this is the coolest part. I had always read about musicians sitting on the sidelines and being invited to play . I thought that had disappeared. They would have guys sitting up at the bar watching the stage with a trumpet or sax and they were invited to play. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread.
THAT'S cool. I went to an open mic night a couple times when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. These were both blues music open mic nights, one bar was in Phoenix, the other one in Scottsdale. Anyway, one of the places had you sign in, stating what your instrument was, I wrote "voice" because while I don't play any instruments, I DO love to sing. The other place had you talk to the person in charge, and you waited for your turn to get on the stage. That place had a blues band there, you would join the band when it was your turn. It was fun both times, but a little unnerving because if you didn't have the lyrics memorized to a song of your choice, you had to ad lib, like I did. Luckily, ad libbing is something I do well, and it's not that hard to do with most blues songs.

Buddy Guy

THAT'S cool. I went to an open mic night a couple times when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. These were both blues music open mic nights, one bar was in Phoenix, the other one in Scottsdale. Anyway, one of the places had you sign in, stating what your instrument was, I wrote "voice" because while I don't play any instruments, I DO love to sing. The other place had you talk to the person in charge, and you waited for your turn to get on the stage. That place had a blues band there, you would join the band when it was your turn. It was fun both times, but a little unnerving because if you didn't have the lyrics memorized to a song of your choice, you had to ad lib, like I did. Luckily, ad libbing is something I do well, and it's not that hard to do with most blues songs.

That's a heck of an experience.

Hmmm........I wonder if that's similar to how it worked at Buddy Guy's.

Buddy Guy

That's a heck of an experience.

Hmmm........I wonder if that's similar to how it worked at Buddy Guy's.
That could be so.

Can't disagree with a single one of your picks.
Saw Albert King solo n a small nightclub in SoCal (front row table) in the early 80's.
Simply outstanding! I might also add Stevie Ray.

Can't disagree with a single one of your picks.
Saw Albert King in a small nightclub in SoCal (front row table) in the early 80's.
Simply outstanding! I might also add Stevie Ray.

Thanks for your post, Doc. Unfortunately I never saw the great Albert King live, or Stevie Ray, either. I sure wish I HAD.

View attachment 331224

View attachment 331225

View attachment 331226
View attachment 331227

3. 98 Degrees 2013

4. Aerosmith 2001

5. Adventure Galley 2012

6. Aggrolites 2012

7. AirBourne 2010, 2013

9. Alberta Cross 2011

10. Alex Clare 2012

12. Alice Smith 2008

16. Amon Amarth 2013

17. Amos Lee 2014

19. Animal Kingdom 2012

20. Ann Atomic 2010

21. Anna Nalick 2013

22. Annie Clark 2013

24. Anvil 2010

25. Aretha Franklin 2001

26. Artizan 2013

27. Astronauticals 2011

28. Atlas Genius 2012

29. Attika 7 2013

30. Austin Mahone 2013

31. Avril Lavigne 2014

32. Awesome 2008

33. Awolnation 2011

34. BB King 1992,2005

35. Backstreet Boys 2014

36. Band of Horses 2010

38. Battlecross 2013

40. Beats Antique 2011

41. Beirut 2008, 2012

42. Ben Fisher 2012

43. Ben Folds Five 2013

44. Ben Harper 2002

47. Big Boi 2011

49. Big K.R.I.T 2013

50. Big Sur 2012

51. Billy Bragg 2010

53. Birds@Batteries 2012

54. Bison 2012

55. Black Crows 2001

56. Black Beat Blue 2013

58. Blind Pilot 2012

59. Blink 182 2011

60. Blitzen Traper 2012

61. Blue Scholars 2008

63. Boat 2010

64. Bob Dylan 1999

65. Bob Mould 2011

66. Bobby Bear Jr. 2012

67 Bon Iver 2012

69. Booker T Jones 2010

70. Boothby 2013

71. Born Of Osirs 2013

72. Boyz II Men 2013

73. Brad 2010

75. Brandi Carlile 2008

76. Bright Eyes 2011

77. Brite Futures 2011

78. Broken Arrow 2009

82. Brother Ali 2010

83. Buddy Guy 1992

84. Built To Spill 2008

85. Butcher Babies 2013

87. Capital Cities 2013

88. Carbon Leaf 2007

89. Caribu 2010

91. Carley Simon 1995

93. Charming Liars 2013

94. Chevelle 2011

95. Chiddy Bang 2012

98. Chris Cagle 2013

99. Chris Pureka 2010

100. Chris Young 2013

102. Chromeo 2011

104. Cindy Lauper 1997.

106. Citizen Cope 2008

109. Colbie Caillat 2010

111. Coldplay 2012

113. Common 2010

114. Counting Crows 2013

115. Cracker 2012

118. Custom 2013

120. Dan Godlin 2013

122. Danko Jones 2013

123. Darius Rucker 2012

124. Dark Prairie 2014

125. Darklight 2013

126. Dave Edmunds 1992

127. Dave Matthews 2005

128 Dave Sandborne 2007

129. David Bazan 2010

130. David Byrne 2013

131. David Garrett 2012

132. David Kennedy 2011

135. Deep Sea Diver 2012

136. Del Mar 2011

137. Dengue Fever 2008

140. Disturbed 2010

141. Don Henley 1991

143. Drake 2010

144. Drake White 2013

145. Dr. John 1992

148. Dust Bunnies 2012

149. Dyme Def 2008

150. Eagles 2002

152. Elvis Costello 2008

153. Emblem 3 2013

155. Emmure 2013

156. Eric Clapton 1992

157. Eryka Badu 2010

158. Everclear 2001

159. Fall Out Boy 2013

161. Fates Warning 2013

162. Feist 2012

163. Fences 2010

164. Fiction Plane 2007

165. Fifth Harmony 2013

166. Fiona Apple 2012

169. Flava Flav 2010

170. Fleet Foxes 2008

171. Fleetwood Mac 2013

173. Flo Rida 2013

174. Flogging Molly 2011

177. Foghat 2005

178. Fuel 2001

179. Fun 2012

182. Genesis 1992

184. Girl Talk 2012

185. Glen Kotche 2006

186. Givers 2011

187. Gold Leaves 2012

188. Gossip 2013

190. Graham Nash 2010

193. Greg Laswell 2010

194. Group Love 2012

196. Guns N Roses 2011

197. Guster 2013

200. Halestorm 2010

203. He Is We 2011

206. Hedley 2013

207. Hell Yeah 2010

209. Highasakite 2014

210. HIM 2013

211. Hinder 2011

212. Hole 2010

213. Horse Feathers 2010

214. Huntress 2013

215. Husky 2012

217. Icona Pop 2013

218. Invertical 2013

219. Iron & Wine 2011

220. Ivan & Alyosha 2012

221. J. Cole 2009, 2010

222. Jack Johnson 2010

223. Jackie Green 2008

224. Jackson Browne 1999

225. Jaded Mary 2014

227. Jamey Johnson 2012

229. Jason Mraz 2012

230. Jenny & Johnny 2010

231. Jay Gore 2011

232. Jay Z 2009

233. Jeff Beck 1995

235. Jeff Tweedy 2006

239. Joan Jett 2000

240. Joan Osborne 2000

243. Joe Walsh 1992

245. John Fogerty 1997

246. John Mayall 2003

247. John Mayer 2013

249. Johnny Reid 2012

250. Jon Pardi 2012

251. Josh Groban 2013

252. Joshua Radin 2007

255. Judith Hill 2013

257. Kansas 1996

258. Kaylee Cole 2011

259. Kendrick Lamar 2011

260. Kenny G 1992

263. Kid Cudi 2010

264. Kings Go Forth 2010

265. Kip Moore 2013

266 Kithkin 2012

267. Korn 2010, 2011

268. Kris Orlowski 2012

270. Lamb Of God 2010

271. Land Of Pines 2012

273. Lee Brice 2013

274. Lemolo 2012

275. Lenny Kravitz 2011

276. Leon Russell 2011

277. Like A Storm 2011

279. Little Dragon 2011

280. Live 2008

281. Lo Fang 2014

282. Local Natives 2011

284. London Grammar 2014

285. Lorde 2014

287 M. Ward 2012

288. Machine Head 2013

289. Mad Rad 2011

292. Madonna 2012

293. Maggie Rose 2013

295. Marie Digby 2010

297. Mary J. Blige 2010

298. Mastodon 2011, 2013

299. Massive Attack 2010

300. Matt Costa 2008

301 Matchbox 20 2001

302. Mavis Staples 2011

304. MC Hammer 2013

305. Meat Puppies 2011

306. MGMT 2010

308. Metric 2012

309. M.I.A. 2008

310. Midlake 2010

311. Mick Fleetwood 1994

313. Mickey Avalon 2009

317. Milo Greene 2012

318. Mindi Abair 2011

322. Monophonics 2013

327. Morning Parade 2012

328. MSMR 2013

331. Naked & Famous 2011

332. Neal McCoy 2013

334. Neko Case 2010

336. Neon Trees 2011

337. N.E.R.D. 2009

339. New Medicine 2010

340. New Politics 2013

343. Noa 2014

344. Noah Gunderson 2012

345. Norah Jones 2010

348. OK GO 2010

349. Old 97’s 2011

350. Ozomatli 2008

351. Paramore 2013

352. Passion Pit 2010

355. Paula Abdule 1992

356. Paulina Jayne 2012

357. Pavement 2010

358. Pat Monahan 2008

359. Pentagram 2011

360. Perry 2011

361. Peter Frampton 2001

362. Peter Gabriel 2001

364. Phantogram 2011

365. Phil Collins 1990

367. Phish 2011

368. Pickwick 2012

369. Pink 2013

370. Pink Martini 2011

371. Pitbull 2011

372. Poor Moon 2012

373. Porcupine Tree 2005

378. Princess 2013

379. PS I Love You 2011

380. Puscifer 2011

382. Quincy Jones 2014

383. Rachel Farley 2013

384. Radiation City 2012

386. Rancid 2011

387. Ray Charles 1993

388. Rebelution 2011

390. R.E.M. 2008

391. Restruct 2010

392. Ringo Starr 1992

393. Rise Against 2010

396. Rocco Deluca 2007

400. Roy Clark 2004

401. Royal Teeth 2013

403. Sammy Hagar 2013

404. San Cisco 2013

406. Santigold 2012

407. Sara Bareilles 2007

408. Sara MaLachlan 2010

409. Sarah Dugas 2014

410. Schuyler Fisk 2007

411. Selena Gomez 2013

412. Serena Ryder 2007

413. Shawn Colvin 1999

418. She & Him 2010

422. Slender Means 2010

424. Sly & Robbie 2008

425. Smith Westerns 2011

426. Snoop Dog 2009

428. Starr Anna 2012

429. Stay Eazy 2014

430. Steel Pulse 2010

432. Stephen Marley 2009

434.Stevie Wonder 2008

436. Stone Sour 2010

439. Sugarland 2010

441. Surfer Blood 2013

442. Sway 2010

443. Talib Kweli 2013

446. Terra Nova 2014

447. The Adarna 2014

449. The Bronx 2011

450. The Civil Wars 2012

451. The Cure 2008

452. The Dead 2009

455 The Drums 2011

457 The Expendables 2010

459. The Features 2012

462. The Hives 2008

467. The Lonely H 2010

468. The Maldives 2012

470. The National 2010

479. The Sheepdogs 2012

480. The Shins 2012

483. The Tenors 2013

484. The Thermals 2010

487. The Wailers 2010

489. The Walkmen 2012

490. The Who 1989, 2000

492. Terri Clark 2013

494. Thomas Rhett 2012

496. Tim McGraw 2011

499. Toby Lightman 2007

500. Todd Rungren 1992

502. Tom Delong 2011

503. Tom Eddy 2012

504. Tom Petty 2001

506. Toro Y Moi 2011

509. Travie McCoy 2013

510. Trip Madam 2013

513. U2 1993, 2011

514. Uncle Kracker 2012

516. Viva Brothers 2011

517. Voltbeat 2013

518. Vusi Manhasela 2011

519. Walk The Moon 2012

520. Walking Papers 2013

521. War Paint 2011

522. Wavves 2011, 2013

523. Ween 2010

525. Wilco 2011

526. Willy Moon 2013

528. Witchburn 2011

529. Wiz Khalifa 2011

530. Wolf Parade 2011

531. Xavier Rudd 2007

533. Yeasayer 2008

534. Yes 2011

535. You and I 2011

537. Zee Avi 2010

I worked with Dave in 1992. It was Ringo Starr's all star band tour. He had a fantastic lineup with him that year. Dave was one. Dave is a fun man. He loves to laugh and find fun in everything he does. He was a lot of fun to work with.

Here's a shot from that night. The man behind him fingering the chords on Dave's guitar is Joe Walsh. Look closely, Dave is fingering the chords on Joe's guitar too.

That was such a fun day. It is one of the jobs I loved the most out of all of the countless of jobs I've done in my life.

J&D21A.jpg

Forum List

Back