Who is your favorite blues musician of all-time?

He revolutionized the Blues the most but he was pre-electric guitar even amplifier era. Also old recording equipment makes it tough to listen to and I had the remastered CD collection of his.

"Hellbound on my trail" was a haunting song. Oh, and 'kind hearted woman blues" illustrated how sophisticated his guitar chops were. He keeps an open chord to almost mimick a bass, all while singing. Spectacular stuff.

Last edited:
Stevie Ray Vaughn. Until he came along blues was still vigorously excluded from popular media. He helped all the surviving blues men with joint appearances. He always acknowledged that he stood on the shoulders of giants.

What is that supposed to mean?
I suppose he is suggesting that they wouldn't be known or found. Sort of akin to the 'fastest man in the world" argument. it's probably a simple village guy in some primitive culture, living on a mountain top and sprinting all day to catch his food. If only he were found, a pot of gold awaits him at the Olympics.

Ry Cooder did all the blues music for Crossroads. It seems like Blues just exploded into popular culture after that. He's still around.

Forum List

Back