Who loves censorship?

So you want to censor me on this thread. I knew it all along, your desire to censor is showing.
Asking you to start a thread about a topic that you want to discuss is pretty much the opposite of censorship.

I'm glad to see that everyone recognizes the pattern that has unfolded in this thread. As we can see, my opening post prediction that a pattern of replies would emerge was accurate. Lefties support and defend censorship. The naturally occurring pattern of lefties supporting censorship has clearly been established in this thread. Every lefty who has replied to this thread is supporting censorship.

As long as it is not a branch of the government,
How would you feel if Biden said:

“I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets — please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that’s on your shows. It has to stop,”

Would you be putting that comment together with the landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, where the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”?

One thing i find funny is how Conservatives claim their free speech rights are being violated.

But what about the times they have wanted books banned at a library,heavy metal music banned and video games banned?

And one thing too is that Conservatives passed a law prohibiting politicians getting banned from forums.

Where were they when someone got told to not mention video games on forums?

Seems it's more like "rights for me, not for you"

Because seems they are silent when their own people use government to yank books from public libraries, school libraries, lobbied Congress about video games, heavy metal and rap, speech at government schools, and so on --- except their silence disappears when it's the other party doing it

One thing i find funny is how Conservatives claim their free speech rights are being violated.

But what about the times they have wanted books banned at a library,heavy metal music banned and video games banned?

And one thing too is that Conservatives passed a law prohibiting politicians getting banned from forums.

Where were they when someone got told to not mention video games on forums?

Seems it's more like "rights for me, not for you"

Because seems they are silent when their own people use government to yank books from public libraries, school libraries, lobbied Congress about video games, heavy metal and rap, speech at government schools, and so on --- except their silence disappears when it's the other party doing it
This validates the pattern that was predicted in the opening post.

Here is what you are validating, straight from the opening post:

"So who loves censorship? All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it. Watch."

Last edited:
How would you feel if Biden said:

“I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets — please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that’s on your shows. It has to stop,”

Would you be putting that comment together with the landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, where the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”?
Don't kid me about 1973. In 1973 they could not drug test at random, but then encouraged employers to do that very thing. All sorts of people were harmed, often good employees, as I have had to let some go, myself due to corporate policy.

Don't kid me about 1973. In 1973 they could not drug test at random, but then encouraged employers to do that very thing. All sorts of people were harmed, often good employees, as I have had to let some go, myself due to corporate policy.
What does this have to do with what you quoted of me?

This validates the pattern that was predicted in the opening post.

Here is what you are validating, straight from the opening post:

"So who loves censorship? All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it. Watch."

Conservatives even are wanting books burned.

Isn't that a form of censorship?

And Conservatives say they don't want their viewpoints censored,but have no problem with other people's viewpoints being censored?

What does this have to do with what you quoted of me?
I did not intentionall quote. It just selcect that part of your post. This is what I was responding to in your post:

The government has a very long history of encouraging business to do what is illegal for them to do.

Conservatives even are wanting books burned.

Isn't that a form of censorship?

And Conservatives say they don't want their viewpoints censored,but have no problem with other people's viewpoints being censored?

You are attempting to create a notion that that censorship belongs to the right, so that you can take attention off of the left. This fits the clearly established pattern that has unfolded in this thread.

I did not intentionall quote. It just selcect that part of your post. This is what I was responding to in your post:

The government has a very long history of encouraging business to do what is illegal for them to do.
And you still did not answer if you would be putting that comment together with Norwood vs Harrison, as you quoted. Why not just answer what you keep quoting of me? Is it politically inconvenient for you to just provide a straight answer? Why the shenanigans?

And you still did not answer if you would be putting that comment together with Norwood vs Harrison, as you quoted. Why not just answer what you keep quoting of me? Is it politically inconvenient for you to just provide a straight answer? Why the shenanigans?
So you want to know if I would be upset if Biden made an appeal to business about anything? No. Presdident have been doing it for years. Last asshole we had, could not get business or the American public to go along, to quit buying Chinese crap, so he started a trade war to benefit the government, made the consumers and the farmers pay for it, forcing prices higher, with the very rich reaping the profits, since most business models work on a set marginal profit pricing scheme set up on costs. So when the cost goes up, marginal profit dollars go up. Nothing unexpected there.. So, Biden just asking something of business does not bother me at all.

Last edited:
So you want to know if I would be upset if Biden made an appeal to business about anything?
No. I asked you how would you feel if Biden said:

I also asked if you be putting that comment together with the landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, where the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”?

You are attempting to create a notion that that censorship belongs to the right, so that you can take attention off of the left. This fits the clearly established pattern that has unfolded in this thread.

Isn't burning/banning books a form of censorship?

Isn't burning/banning books a form of censorship?
This thread is not about what censorship is or isn't, so your book burning argument is a pretend argument. It does not matter who wins your proposed book burning argument, since it will not win against my argument about the clear pattern that has unfolded on this thread.

Screenshot_20210419-061015_DuckDuckGo.jpg

No. I asked you how would you feel if Biden said:

I also asked if you be putting that comment together with the landmark 1973 case, Norwood v. Harrison, where the Supreme Court held that government “may not induce, encourage or promote private persons to accomplish what it is constitutionally forbidden to accomplish.”?
I commented in regard to what you put forth on the "landmark" decision. In a way that also comments on your question of The President (this one or any) making a request on social media companies. Say, Donny requested social media access be continued, not only for him but all trumpers, conspiracy theorists, purveyors of false information, etc.. Did it do him any good? I thought he was banned to this day from his favorites.

I commented in regard to what you put forth on the "landmark" decision. In a way that also comments on your question of The President (this one or any) making a request on social media companies.
And what was your comment on how you feel about Biden saying “I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets — please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that’s on your shows. It has to stop?" What was your comment on how this fits with Norwood vs Harrison?

And what was your comment on how you feel about Biden saying “I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets — please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that’s on your shows. It has to stop?" What was your comment on how this fits with Norwood vs Harrison?
Just what effect do you think it will have? As long as he doesn't take unilateral action to control them, the way trump took unilateral action to start a trade war, It doesn't bother me a bit. In what reality did his predecessor not complain about media and tell them what they should be doing? None that we lived through.

As long as it is not a branch of the government, I have no problem with private companies or corporation determining what is acceptable at their business or what is important to or contrary to their business model. I don't even care if they won't accept business from certain people or groups, due to their personal idea of moral or religious outlook.
In my opinion, Conservatives and Independents in small mostly Conservative counties should start boycotting businesses run by Progressives and businesses that hire Progressives. Sadly very few Conservatives support that idea.

Forum List

Back