Who loves censorship?

Let's first be clear on what censorship is, here is how Wikipedia defines censorship:

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient". Censorship can be conducted by governments, private institutions and other controlling bodies."

Notice that censorship is censorship, regardless of if it is the government, a private institution, or other controlling bodies. If a private institution suppresses speech, it is still censorship. Censorship is still censorship, even when it isn't the government that is doing it.

Censorship is still censorship, regardless of if it is legal or not, regardless of if it is a violation of our first amendment rights or not, regardless of if it is right or wrong. Censorship is simply suppression of speech that is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient".

So who loves censorship? All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it. Watch.
As long as it is not a branch of the government, I have no problem with private companies or corporation determining what is acceptable at their business or what is important to or contrary to their business model. I don't even care if they won't accept business from certain people or groups, due to their personal idea of moral or religious outlook.

Censorship is not just desirable but essential.
Thank you for demonstrating this part of my opening post:

" All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it."

A newspaper wants to publish troop movements during a time of war, which will result in the deaths of those troops.

The government prohibits the publication of that information, supported by the courts, ruled to not be in violation of the First Amendment.

is this censorship warranted?
This is a lefty digging for ways to support censorship. Check this out from the opening post:

"All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it."

I have no problem with private companies or corporation determining what is acceptable
Like clockwork, you are demonstrating this part of my opening post:

"All we have to do is watch how this thread unfolds, and we will see one side of the aisle supporting and defending censorship, and the other condemning it."

Trump actively took part in censorship. Remind us all...did you vote for the blob? If you did...you supported censorship.
You are still looking for ways to justify censorship.

Well sonny... you vote for someone who actually had people wrestle a microphone away from a reporter.... So you're pro censorship.
There is a good reason why you are attempting to obscure the clear pattern of who supports and who opposes censorship that has been established on this thread. You are making these efforts to obscure the clear pattern because you wish to mask your support for censorship.

There is a good reason why you are attempting to obscure the clear pattern of who supports and who opposes censorship that has been established on this thread. You are making these efforts to obscure the clear pattern because you wish to mask your support for censorship.

Your blob had someone wrestle the microphone away from a reporter in the White House.
That is an absolutely vivid attack on reporting. Yet...you have nothing but love for the most prolific censoring POTUS evah.

Your blob had someone wrestle the microphone away from a reporter in the White House.
That is an absolutely vivid attack on reporting. Yet...you have nothing but love for the most prolific censoring POTUS evah.
Lol, it never takes long for lefties to bring Trump into a thread. TDS is here to stay. Can you say that you are against censorship?

There is nothing in our constitution guaranteeing you the right to advertise your views on somebody else's property and never has been. It is as if morons on the right and sometimes even the left forget, the constitutional guarantee is to protect people's rights from government censorship not from disapproval of fellow citizens. If you don't want to use somebody's service because you can't do as you please whenever you please, don't use it. It is the same as somebody not letting you demonstrate inside their brick and mortar business, as they would thing your presence was bad for their business, but you would indeed have the right to spend your money at businesses that let you protest, advocate, activate, advertise inside their business.
I don't mind if you get up every morning and take a big shit. It is your right. It is going to happen in a healthy situation. But, there is no way you are going to stink up my living room, by taking your morning shit on my entryway rug inside my door, just because it is your right to take a shit. Go shit in your own house, right on the floor, all you want, but invited guests come to mine, so it ain't happening.

There is nothing in our constitution guaranteeing you the right to advertise your views on somebody else's property and never has been. It is as if morons on the right and sometimes even the left forget, the constitutional guarantee is to protect people's rights from government censorship not from disapproval of fellow citizens. If you don't want to use somebody's service because you can't do as you please whenever you please, don't use it. It is the same as somebody not letting you demonstrate inside their brick and mortar business, as they would thing your presence was bad for their business, but you would indeed have the right to spend your money at businesses that let you protest, advocate, activate, advertise inside their business.
I don't mind if you get up every morning and take a big shit. It is your right. It is going to happen in a healthy situation. But, there is no way you are going to stink up my living room, by taking your morning shit on my entryway rug inside my door, just because it is your right to take a shit. Go shit in your own house, right on the floor, all you want, but invited guests come to mine, so it ain't happening.
Support for censorship.

Support for censorship.

Anti-American, Anti-Constitution rhetoric. Just like we expect from one of your posts.

Censorship is censorship, regardless of who does it or if it is legal or not. Right there in the opening post.

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient". Censorship can be conducted by governments, private institutions and other controlling bodies."

Anti-American, Anti-Constitution rhetoric. Just like we expect from one of your posts.
Are you able to see the CLEARLY defined pattern unfolding on this thread that I predicted in the opening post?

Forum List

Back