Who doesn't like Kentucky music?

Well... just sayin, "Kentucky Music" is bluegrass,
And you will find many a heated argument that bluegrass is not Kentuckian, but started in Tennessee, spread into Eastern Kentucky where it took off. And then as far as that goes, mountain music in Tennessee is just a variant of southern dance music played all over the south.
Just sayin.

Is that where you come from?

No. I'm more of a SW Arkansas Ridgerunner. But I've lived in Missouri, Georgia, Texas, California, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Only wanted in one of those states, though, I won't tell you which one, but it starts with a "T".

:laughing0301:

One of my favourite bands is from Wisconsin.

My wife tells me what it was like here back in the 60's. Every little town had at least two bars and every bar had a band that played on the weekends. And for some reason, why I don't know, country music was and is still popular this far North. Our only FM station plays country, but boomer rock on the weekend.

Unfortunately, stiffer drunk driving laws closed many of the venues, then the pandemic was the last nail in the coffin. There are still a few bands that play the clubs on the weekends, but my wife and I just aren't bar people. I was a musician for 30 years but just quit one day and never went back.

Forum List

Back