Who are the MORMONS and what do they believe

LOOK at three. Right here there is a major problem. Mormons believe that they must keep the ordinances and obey the Laws. What a CHRISTIAN knows is that NO ONE BUT GOD can keeps HIS LAWS and ORDINANCES (if you break even one you break them ALL), and these are what what JESUS kept perfectly and then gave HIS life as the PERFECT sacrifice.
So lets look at 3:
3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

First off, this article of faith tells us that it is through the atonement of Christ that we can be saved. But it does recognize that Jesus does have his requirements of us before he will extend his mercy. Take for example two verse mentioned above:

John 3:1-5
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Here Jesus is telling us that unless we received the baptism of water and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, we cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Baptism and the receiving of the Gift of the Holy Ghost are two critical ordinances that if not received, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Luke 13:2-5
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilæans were sinners above all the Galilæans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Except we partake of the teaching of repentance we will all likewise perish.

It is critical that we not only believe that Jesus is the Christ but that we follow his teachings in order to be saved. He expects all to who wish to enter the kingdom of God to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. He also expects all who wish not to perish to live by his teaching of repentance.

Yes, Jesus did sacrifice himself on our behalf so that we could repent and receive forgiveness. But he does expect us to follow his teachings. You won't see the unrepentant in the kingdom of heaven.

Every religion begins as a cult. Mormonism began that way but it is now a legit church, as legit as any other.
You're going to get a nice King James Bible from the Mormons or LDS however they style themselves, and there are lots of good feelings about Jesus Christ — but some of that other literature they put out is just too bizarre, and I've got to put my foot down when I see those extravagant temples with expensive brickwork, satellite dishes, and the expectations of tithing to pay for it all, not to mention the "Lost Boys" who are excommunicated or shunned because the older men don't want them competing for their "sealed wives" or locked-up women in the church.

As a Christian, I don't believe I need to be water baptized (but that it is symbolic and an opportunity to testify what CHRIST has accomplished in my life). It is CHRIST ALONE.

As a Christian, I don't believe I can be baptized for anyone else. It is a personal relationship that must be accomplished and accepted during one's lifetime. It is CHRIST ALONE.

As a Christian, I don't believe I need to have partake of the elements of the LORD's Supper (but again it is symbolic and an opportunity to remember what the LORD had to do to save me).

As a Christian, I don't consider it possible that GOD's HOLY Word could be corrupted. I believe GOD speaks to me through HIS Bible and explains what I need to know.

As a Christian, I no longer need a high priest as HE BECOMES MINE.

As a Christian, I understand that I become the Temple of the HOLY SPIRIT. The need of a material temple was abolished and that was revealed when the curtain that separated man from GOD was torn from top to bottom when CHRIST gave up HIS SPIRIT upon the cross.

There is nothing that I need to do but accept HIM in faith alone, and that even that faith is both nurtured and matured by GOD. A Christian cannot lose his salvation because it comes from GOD.

Not all Christians believe all the same things that you do, the same way that you do.

Christians believe the BIBLE to be under GOD's protective care. And while some translations are better than other, we also have the original GREEK, HEBREW, and ARAMAIC that we can revisit and come to a clear understanding. The book of Mormon was "translated" by one man alone. And when some of what was translated was presumed lost, JOSEPH SMITH was unable to re-translate but formulated an excuse. The book of Mormon is presumed by Mormon's to be superior to the Bible we have today. Christians realize that such could never be the case.
The Ten Commandments were give to one man alone also. So are you inferring that it takes a host of people in order for God to reveal his word to mankind? Jesus was one man. Can we not trust his words?

Joseph Smith allowed one of his helpers to take a part of the manuscript home to show his wife. His wife was not to be trusted and that part of the manuscript came up missing. God, with his foreknowledge counseled Joseph not to give the manuscript to his helper but allowed him to have his own free agency. All the teachings that were in that part of the manuscript were also included in later parts of the Book of Mormon and was not needed. This was all foreseen by God himself and in all His wisdom made a way ahead of time for this mistake.

As Article of Faith #8 tells us:

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

We do believe that the Bible is the very word of God. However, we do not believe that all translators of the Bible were inspired and necessarily translated the Bible in its perfect translation. We believe however that the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God and is a good translation though some corrections may have been made. We use both the Bible and Book of Mormon to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. As you can tell from many of my previous postings of scripture, I use the Bible alot.

Last edited:
As a Christian, I don't believe I need to be water baptized (but that it is symbolic and an opportunity to testify what CHRIST has accomplished in my life). It is CHRIST ALONE.

As a Christian, I don't believe I can be baptized for anyone else. It is a personal relationship that must be accomplished and accepted during one's lifetime. It is CHRIST ALONE.

As a Christian, I don't believe I need to have partake of the elements of the LORD's Supper (but again it is symbolic and an opportunity to remember what the LORD had to do to save me).

As a Christian, I don't consider it possible that GOD's HOLY Word could be corrupted. I believe GOD speaks to me through HIS Bible and explains what I need to know.

As a Christian, I no longer need a high priest as HE BECOMES MINE.

As a Christian, I understand that I become the Temple of the HOLY SPIRIT. The need of a material temple was abolished and that was revealed when the curtain that separated man from GOD was torn from top to bottom when CHRIST gave up HIS SPIRIT upon the cross.

There is nothing that I need to do but accept HIM in faith alone, and that even that faith is both nurtured and matured by GOD. A Christian cannot lose his salvation because it comes from GOD.
The baptism of water is salutary and very necessary for Christian salvation, whereas the bloody baptism with knives, needles, drugs, and surgical instruments, as practiced by Old Testament Jews is very harmful and unnecessary, to be avoided at all costs.

Communion in both kinds, the true body and true blood of Lord Jesus Christ, is necessary for salvation.

You say you don't need a high priest, but that is because the order of the priesthood was changed, and Jesus Christ is the high priest forever, after the order of Melchisedek, since the priesthood after the order of Aaron was annulled for breaking the covenant of God with Noah, Abraham, and the Prophets.

LOOK at three. Right here there is a major problem. Mormons believe that they must keep the ordinances and obey the Laws. What a CHRISTIAN knows is that NO ONE BUT GOD can keeps HIS LAWS and ORDINANCES (if you break even one you break them ALL), and these are what what JESUS kept perfectly and then gave HIS life as the PERFECT sacrifice.

Plenty of Christians, other than Mormons, and other than whatever sect you align with, believe much more closely to what we believe on this subject, than to what you believe.

Luke 6:46“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”

The appeal is obvious, of a form of Christianity that disregards the commandments that Jesus told us to obey, and assures us of easy “salvation” with no requirements of us other than to profess to believe in Jesus Christ. This, perhaps, is one of Satan's best deceptions, to lead many of us astray, to trick us into thinking we're saved when we are otherwise.

Last edited:
In the video, it mentions that there is not DNA evidence that the peoples of the America's were related to the Israelites. That was true for a time but it is certainly not true today.

This video came out in 2016 and the video on this blog came out in 2015. The controversy occurred around 2003 or 2004. Wondering if the author of the video is unaware of this information or whether they are using old data to pull the wool over someone's eyes.

In the video, it also mentions that there are no artifacts of Book of Mormon peoples. The video below challenges that idea by showing artifacts of the Hopewell people who many believe were the Book of Mormon people.

Here is another interesting video

Last edited:
So lets look at 3:
3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

First off, this article of faith tells us that it is through the atonement of Christ that we can be saved. But it does recognize that Jesus does have his requirements of us before he will extend his mercy. Take for example two verse mentioned above:

John 3:1-5
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Here Jesus is telling us that unless we received the baptism of water and the baptism of the Holy Ghost, we cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Baptism and the receiving of the Gift of the Holy Ghost are two critical ordinances that if not received, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Luke 13:2-5
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilæans were sinners above all the Galilæans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Except we partake of the teaching of repentance we will all likewise perish.

It is critical that we not only believe that Jesus is the Christ but that we follow his teachings in order to be saved. He expects all to who wish to enter the kingdom of God to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. He also expects all who wish not to perish to live by his teaching of repentance.

Yes, Jesus did sacrifice himself on our behalf so that we could repent and receive forgiveness. But he does expect us to follow his teachings. You won't see the unrepentant in the kingdom of heaven.
A human INDIVIDUAL must experience BOTH a physical birth AND a spiritual birth. GOD makes the born again individual more Christlike. The individual doesn't --- cannot become more Christlike to be saved. It is an impossibility. When a person repents, he becomes fully aware that he is lost and needs saving. And as such he then says, "I'm sorry! I cannot be perfect! Only YOU are LORD! Please save me!" And then at that moment that person is saved and GOD begins a work in the life of that person!" The person doesn't say, "Well, I need to join the Mormon church! I need to get dunked! I need to get baptized for the dead! I need to testify that Mr. Joseph Smith was GOD's prophet! I need to promote the Book of Mormon as another gospel! NO! And you will not find any of this in GOD's Word. You will find it only in words written by Joseph Smith. The individual who married wives of other men (and King David was punished by GOD for such an offence). This individual had a printing press smashed in order to silence his opposition. He ended up in jail for this offence. And he died not a martyr but as a man shooting with weapons that had been smuggled into his cell. Joseph Smith died a young man because he lied, misguided, and even put down the Word of GOD. And I believe Joseph Smith is likely in hell. Not because he was a sinner, but because he seems to have felt that he was more special than anyone else, and his works and position were his way out of hell and not JESUS ---- whom he said was Lucifer's brother, and the reason Smith was here was to prove his self worth and become another GOD. No Christian would say such a thing.

Last edited:
A human INDIVIDUAL must experience BOTH a physical birth AND a spiritual birth. GOD makes the born again individual more Christlike. The individual doesn't (he cannot become more Christlike to be saved. It is an impossibility. When a person repents, he becomes fully aware that he is lost and needs saving. And as such he then says, "I'm sorry! I cannot be perfect! Only YOU are LORD! Please save me!" And then at that moment that person is saved and GOD begins a work in the life of that person!" The person doesn't say, "Well, I need to join the Mormon church! I need to get baptized for the dead! I need to admit that Mr. Joseph Smith was GOD's prophet! I need to promote the Book of Mormon as another gospel! NO! And you will not find any of this in GOD's Word. You will find it only in words written by Joseph Smith. The individual who married wives of other men (and King David was punished by GOD for such an offence). This individual had a printing press smashed in order to silence his opposition. He ended up in jail for this offence. And he died not a martyr but as a man shooting with weapons that had been smuggled into his cell. Joseph Smith died a young man because he lied, misguided, and even put down the Word of GOD. And I believe Joseph Smith is likely in hell. Not because he was a sinner, but because he seems to have felt that he was more special than anyone else, and his works were his way out of hell and not JESUS ---- whom he said was Lucifer's brother, and the reason he was here was to prove his self worth and become another GOD. No Christian would say such a thing.

Once again, persistently, willfully spreading lies and distortions about another religion than your own does not discredit that religion; it only discredits you, and by association, whatever religion it is to which you adhere.

If your own religion was so great, you wouldn't have to tell so many lies about other faiths in order to uphold your own.

Matthew 7:16-20

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Lies and slander are the fruits that you are bringing forth. It is by these fruits that you shall be known.

Plenty of Christians, other than Mormons, and other than whatever sect you align with, believe much more closely to what we believe on this subject, than to what you believe.

Luke 6:46“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”

The appeal is obvious, of a form of Christianity that disregards the commandments that Jesus told us to obey, and assures us of easy “salvation” with no requirements of us other than to profess to believe in Jesus Christ. This, perhaps, is one of Satan's best deceptions, to lead many of us astray, to trick us into thinking we're saved when we are otherwise.
And what does JESUS say to do?
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 22:36-40 I see absolutely no Mormon doctrine or ordinances in these words of JESUS. DO YOU? Let me ask you: in Utah, are non-Mormons freely considered for job openings? Are they considered neighbors ----- and what were the people who were killed years ago in the Meadows Massacre --- were they not neighbors nor visitors?

And what does JESUS say to do?
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 22:36-40 I see absolutely no Mormon doctrine or ordinances in these words of JESUS. DO YOU? Let me ask you: in Utah, are non-Mormons freely considered for job openings? Are they considered neighbors ----- and what were the people who were killed years ago in the Meadows Massacre --- were they not neighbors nor visitors?
If you truly loved God with all your heart, might, mind and strength would you not strive to keep all his commandments and teachings? If the Lord Jesus taught you to be baptized and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost would you not love him enough to take upon yourself those ordinances? Even Jesus, who had no sin, found it good to be baptized to set the example for all mankind. The Apostles who were closest to Jesus all received baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost and later went into the world to teach others to do the same.

Mark 16:15-16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Even Jesus himself went forth teaching baptism and had more people that even John the Baptist get baptized:

John 4:1-2

1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Can you love the Lord Jesus and not receive his teachings of baptism? Can you love others without offering them baptism as Jesus taught and had his disciples do? It is the will of the Lord that you receive baptism and then teach others to also receive it.

You're going to get a nice King James Bible from the Mormons or LDS however they style themselves, and there are lots of good feelings about Jesus Christ — but some of that other literature they put out is just too bizarre, and I've got to put my foot down when I see those extravagant temples with expensive brickwork, satellite dishes, and the expectations of tithing to pay for it all, not to mention the "Lost Boys" who are excommunicated or shunned because the older men don't want them competing for their "sealed wives" or locked-up women in the church.
The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints does not excommunicate or shun boys, you are referring to a group that is NOT of the church.

Well, Mr. "progressive", Jesus said to go to the world and preach the gospel. The question then becomes what GOSPEL was Jesus speaking of? That of The Christian CHURCH or that of Mormonism. There is a difference. Does one hid his candle under a basket or st it high on a candle stand? Where GOD is concerned, those who wish to keep things private often do not wish to be exposed to conflict that may under mind lies.

The Mormon religion was formed about 400 years ago and joined in the business of fleecing thise idiots who believe there is a god.
It was started by a convicted criminal but it's typical just how gullible the godbotherers are.

I suspect most, if not all prophets were con men, convicted or otherwise.
So you are equating our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, with the convicted con man, Joseph Smith?

You should probably repent while you still have the chance you vile heathen.

The Christian Church, collectively, bear so little resemblance to what Christ taught--that his religion might as well be said to be dead.
LDS theology sounds like si-fi to me--but many of them do a lot of good..and are good people. As do many Christians--of course, some bomb abortion clinics in the name of God--and some use their faith to foster a false sense of superiority. Humans are tribal..and Church is just another tribe.

You're right. Christ exampled and taught perfection, and Christians are far from perfect. If we could be, Christ would not have had to die, see. That is rather the point.

Forum List

Back