Who are the Israelis?

Public transport fares in Israel are lower than in most OECD countries

Minister of Transport Bezalel Smotrich was interviewed on IDF radio station 'Bottom Line' program about the public transport reform announced by the Knesset Conference .

Its implementation is scheduled to begin in February 2020. The interviewer, Itai Zilber, asked Smotrich about the impact of the reform on public transport prices in Israel. Smotrich said in response that "the problem of public transport is not its price. There are target populations that can and should be treated, as they do today, with children and older people. The problem of public transport is its availability, it's its reliability. We are, in comparison to what is customary in the world, very cheap on public transport."

International comparisons are usually based on calculating the average cost of a public transport trip. The Numbeo website presents cost-of-living data from around the world, collected by users and verified by the site's staff. Website data uses the world's largest media outlets. The website shows an international comparison of the average one-way fare for public transportation, in US dollars. In comparison, Israel was ranked 20th out of 94. First place is Norway, where public transport prices are the most expensive, followed by Iceland, Switzerland, Denmark and the Netherlands. The five countries where the cheapest prices were documented are Venezuela, Sri Lanka, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Tunisia.

Expatistan, which compares the cost of living in different cities and countries around the world, can find data on the average price of a free-monthly ticket in different cities around the world. Recently, the site data was quoted in a Deutsche Bank report on prices of services and products in the world in about 50 cities. Although the report did not include Israeli cities, the database allows us to examine the cost of public transportation in Israel compared to other cities. According to Expatistan, the average price of a free monthly ticket in Tel Aviv is $ 65 - slightly lower than the price in Singapore, which ranks 26th on the list. The cities where these tickets are more expensive are London, Dublin, Tokyo, New York, Toronto, Amsterdam, Berlin and San Francisco. Among the lower-priced cities are Seoul, Vienna, Rio de Janeiro, Lisbon, Rome, Istanbul, Shanghai, Mexico City, Mumbai and Buenos Aires.

A similar comparison can be found on the World Atlas website, which collected data on the average cost of bus, subway, or subway travel in select cities, as of 2017. In comparison, Tel Aviv ranked 27th out of 71 cities.

Relying on the "Numbeo" and OECD site data to examine average public transport prices as part of average income in the enterprise countries. In examining the average price of one-way travel on public transport, Israel ranks 20 out of 34 countries for which data is available. According to Numbau, the average cost of traveling in Israel is $ 1.7. By comparison, at the top of the table are Norway and Iceland, where the average cost of travel is $ 3.9 and $ 3.87, respectively. At the bottom of the table is Mexico, where the average cost of travel is $ 0.46. In calculating the average price for one-way travel in public transportation as part of the average daily wage, Israel is ranked 21st out of 34. The cost of public transport is about 1.65% of the Israeli average daily wage.

Transport minister Bezalel Smotrich - "Public transport fares in Israel are lower than in most OECD countries"

Last edited:
Yoav Itzhak - Kama Manginot (Some Melodies)

:mm:

Last edited:
The Awakening of Judea and Samaria

"The Awakening of Judea and Samaria" is a 60 minute documentary by "The Jewish Heritage Project" http://thejewishheritageproject.com/ The movie showcases the rise of Jewish life and culture on the land at the cradle of Jewish civilization. Some want to use terms such as west bank settlements, but the truth is Our Beloved father G-d is helping His people return to the land.He promised to give them. On May 16th Rabbi Moshe Levinger Passed away z"l. The Rabbi can be seen receiving an award in this movie.

Europe no longer hides it's hostility to Israel
by Alain Destexhe

• The European Union seems deliberately to fail to recognize that Israel, a sovereign state, is regularly under threat -- even extreme continuous rocket fire from Gaza and Syria -- and, for that reason alone deserves its full support.

• The statement [by the European Union]... fails to mention that Israel had killed a terrorist belonging to an extremist group about to launch another attack. The statement also fails to mention the number of rockets fired on the country, or the right of Israel to defend itself.

• Four hundred and fifty rockets in under 48 hours is not a skirmish or a minor attack; it is a large-scale military attack. Any similar attack on France or Germany -- if they received even a single missile -- would have sparked a major crisis.

• By comparison, U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman tweeted: "Palestinian Islamic Jihad, an Islamist terrorist org backed by Iran, is again attacking Israel with 100's of missiles aimed at civilians. We stand w our friend & ally Israel at this critical moment & support Israel's right to defend itself & bring an end to these barbaric attacks."

• The contrast speaks for itself. The United States is a friend of Israel. The European Union is not.

Europe No Longer Hides Its Hostility to Israel

• ^In other words, the EU, which is officially committed to fighting terrorism, supports the Palestinian Authority (PA), which supports terrorists and their families. Just try making sense of that.

• The European Union, for its part, is proud to be "the biggest donor of external assistance to the Palestinians". Since February 2008, more than €2.5 billion ($2.8 billion) have been disbursed. The EU provides core financial support to the Palestinian Authority, even though part of the PA budget is earmarked for terrorists and terrorists' families, thereby actually incentivizing terrorism.

by Alain Destexhe

• The European Union seems deliberately to fail to recognize that Israel, a sovereign state, is regularly under threat -- even extreme continuous rocket fire from Gaza and Syria -- and, for that reason alone deserves its full support.

• The statement [by the European Union]... fails to mention that Israel had killed a terrorist belonging to an extremist group about to launch another attack. The statement also fails to mention the number of rockets fired on the country, or the right of Israel to defend itself.

• Four hundred and fifty rockets in under 48 hours is not a skirmish or a minor attack; it is a large-scale military attack. Any similar attack on France or Germany -- if they received even a single missile -- would have sparked a major crisis.

• By comparison, U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman tweeted: "Palestinian Islamic Jihad, an Islamist terrorist org backed by Iran, is again attacking Israel with 100's of missiles aimed at civilians. We stand w our friend & ally Israel at this critical moment & support Israel's right to defend itself & bring an end to these barbaric attacks."

• The contrast speaks for itself. The United States is a friend of Israel. The European Union is not.

Question rather when Europe wasn't hostile towards Israel?
I also believe Jews in the west are being given the last time extension,
before Europe 'gets hers' at the hands of those whom it supports against Israel.

Last edited:
by Alain Destexhe

before Europe 'gets hers' at the hands of those whom it supports against Israel.

Could be.

Although Angela Merkel has recently visited Auschwitz. For the first time in her life.

by Alain Destexhe

Could be.

Although Angela Merkel has recently visited Auschwitz. For the first time in her life.

I'm sure it impressed the neo-Nazis and their Islamist buddies who're about to get dancin'.
And guess who'll be blamed...

by Alain Destexhe

Could be.

I'm sure it impressed the neo-Nazis and their Islamist buddies who're about to get dancin'.

It's Jeremy Corbyn and his anti Semitic thugs that bother me.

In two days, he could be Prime Minister.

by Alain Destexhe

Could be.

It's Jeremy Corbyn and his anti Semitic thugs that bother me.

In two days, he could be Prime Minister.

How do I put it mildly...

by Alain Destexhe

I had to go out, and I thought about this as I walked across the park. And it came to me: we once kept "them" from the Gates of Vienna.

Now they are past the Gates of Vienna. Even in Vienna itself.

by Alain Destexhe

I had to go out, and I thought about this as I walked across the park. And it came to me: we once kept "them" from the Gates of Vienna.

Yeah me too, had to go out for Minha and 'Arvit prayers.
So nice with the rain.

Anyway, I'm actually not sure it were us then...but I already understood what is going on, when that one time I visited Germany and the police patrol literally ran away when I approached them with a big suitcase and my middle eastern looks...

Sure I told You that story.

by Alain Destexhe

The Barbarians are at the Gates!

by Alain Destexhe

The Barbarians are at the Gates!

They already got through.

Your News From Israel - Dec. 11, 2019

Jews abroad have to rethink their reliance on periods of calm and promises of equality in exchange for assimilation hiding behind "religion" brackets. Be it politics or harsh reality will inevitably force them back to face the same common fate and threats as inseparable members of the whole community.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back