Zone1 Modern American white women have unrealistic expectations of men and that's why we're having so many problems keeping our families together

I don't think Rom Cons have anything to do with it.
Rather, yet another natural progression of a society that embraces feminism.
Who do you think is doing all the divorcing? - Women. Overwhelmingly.
And then you look at the reasons they are divorcing - all self motivated. "Oh look... a man who make more money is interested in me... time to tell everyone my current husband doesn't treat me right!!.... divorce!!"

Another autobiographical post in this thread.

No
Divorce is a result of failure. The ending of failure is not a "solution" - it is a result.

Well, yes the ending a failure is a solution. You end it and move on.

People make bad decisions sometimes and should not be forced to live with them for the rest of their lives.

I got married the first time way too young and to the wrong person as I found out after she cheated on me and asked for a divorce. This was further highlighted when 2 months later she told me I needed to hurry and finalize the divorce as she was pregnant with another man's baby and wanted to have the wedding before she showed to much. So of course I called my lawyer and told him to stop working on it as I need more time to think about it... :laughing0301:

Ending that failure was the best thing that could have ever happened to me as it allowed me to find the right partner and have now been married more than 31 years.

But unlike you, I do not lump all women together into a group with my first wife. Each woman is different and unique.

Well, yes the ending a failure is a solution. You end it and move on.

People make bad decisions sometimes and should not be forced to live with them for the rest of their lives.

I got married the first time way too young and to the wrong person as I found out after she cheated on me and asked for a divorce. This was further highlighted when 2 months later she told me I needed to hurry and finalize the divorce as she was pregnant with another man's baby and wanted to have the wedding before she showed to much. So of course I called my lawyer and told him to stop working on it as I need more time to think about it... :laughing0301:

Ending that failure was the best thing that could have ever happened to me as it allowed me to find the right partner and have now been married more than 31 years.

But unlike you, I do not lump all women together into a group with my first wife. Each woman is different and unique.
Oh this is rich... what you claimed I was "autobiographical posting" about - actually was YOUR story!!

Hilarious!!!

Oh this is rich... what you claimed I was "autobiographical posting" about - actually was YOUR story!!

Hilarious!!!

Not at all, see you lump all women together into being evil little bitches while I understand that my ex was unique and I do not hate all women because of her.

You should give it a try, but I doubt you will

Divorce enables one freedom from. Unhappiness. That's why it's so important to consider it when unhappy.
Simplification to the nth degree.
Divorce is a symptom of a persons inability to do the work that it takes to maintain a marriage successfully.
It is also the result of a persons (usually women - hey this is a fact) of believing the grass is greener somewhere else, and willing to crush anyone in the way of getting the greener grass, even their own children.
High divorce rates is also a symptom of cultural/societal failures.

We are failing miserably at teaching young people about marriage. Miserably.
We literally teach them nothing. Instead we teach them to be selfish, place their needs above everyone else's and expect that the person they marry should put up with all of their faults, while also believing the person they marry should admit their faults and stop doing them.

Divorce is a symptom of a persons inability to do the work that it takes to maintain a marriage successfully.

Correct, so why should the other person that is able to do that work be stuck with someone that cannot or will not?

It is also the result of a persons (usually women - hey this is a fact) of believing the grass is greener somewhere else, and willing to crush anyone in the way of getting the greener grass, even their own children.

You can of course provide the data to support your "usually women" claim?

High divorce rates is also a symptom of cultural/societal failures.

We are failing miserably at teaching young people about marriage. Miserably.
We literally teach them nothing. Instead we teach them to be selfish, place their needs above everyone else's and expect that the person they marry should put up with all of their faults, while also believing the person they marry should admit their faults and stop doing them.
In the same sense we need to teach them it isn't a duty to get married if they don't want that commitment. Many divorces happen because they really didn't want to be married but for some reason felt enough pressure to do so. That's why waiting until ones mid to late 30s benefits the nation.

Because an individual's "happiness" at any moment is all that ever matters.... :rolleyes:
What matters to people at any given point in time is entirely subjective. Yours is an immature argument where what you make believe what matters to you is also coincidentally what actually matters, objectively. Maybe to this imaginary person their happiness is all that matters to them. So what? :dunno:

What matters to people at any given point in time is entirely subjective. Yours is an immature argument where what you make believe what matters to you is also coincidentally what actually matters, objectively. Maybe to this imaginary person their happiness is all that matters to them. So what? :dunno:
Spoken like a self-centered child.

Forum List

Back