Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

I haven't read the thread but there are some components of the issue I think you left out.

The woke left has long explained to us how those who steal or engage in other illegal activities, are addicted, dropped out of school, got pregnant without benefit of marriage, etc. are victims of their circumstances or actions of others and not responsible for their choices and behavior.

But for some reason those of us who happened to be born more or less white, who never owned or condoned slavery or any form of racism, never discriminated against anybody, who have done our best to respect and be honorable with everybody, are supposed to feel guilty about something called 'white privilege' and we are responsible for every bad thing that happened to anybody in previous generations going all the way back to Columbus.

And who gets the reparations and who is required to pay them? Those descended from slave owners/traffickers? There are some black people who did both. Do their descendants get reparations?

How about black people who descended from the rich and famous, who have never had to endure any harm from discrimination, in fact who have benefitted from who they are. Or those who have been able to rise out of poorer circumstances into fame and fortune. Are these entitled to reparations?

How about those descended from those who went into the jungles to capture people to sell to the slave traders. I can assure you very few of those, if any, were white. Do their descendants get reparations?

And how about those of us who descended from people who worked tirelessly and/or risked and/or gave everything they had to provide justice for the slaves and disadvantaged? We might have benefitted from the fortunes they lost in the process. Are we liable to pay reparations? How about those of us descended from the Chinese or Irish or Italians etc., all who suffered some severe discrimination when they first arrived here via legal means. Are we due reparations? Or are we supposed to pay them?

None of us can say we never sinned, never got it wrong at times, never participated in behavior we are not proud of. Not one of us. We all probably owe something to somebody we'll never be able to repay. But to hold this generation accountable for the beliefs, actions, sins of the previous one is just dumb because there is absolutely no way to be fair, honest, or just in doing so.

Far better to do what we have always done and good people work diligently to correct whatever systemic sins are in place and do away with harmful policies. And there are plenty of those to start with right now.

Sorry I made this into a full essay, but it is a topic I feel very strongly about.
I'm fine with your essay. But the issue of reparations goes beyond slavery and it is not about what YOU/YOUR FAMILY did or did not do. And the Irish participated in discrimination against blacks. All the examples you make are not equivalent to what blacks endured. The only other group with a similar claim are native Americans and congress provides them money every year and will do so until the end of days. This is a case against the government that made the laws that allowed the atrocities to happen and the system that continues to maintain it.

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS

At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.

Maybe if you fixed your own problems first.
I didnt steal anything from you so can kiss my ass.
You dont think there'd be some serious backlash if your fantasy of reparations came true?
You think there's racism right now? It would grow tenfold.
Careful what you wish for.

The government owes us money. That is a fact

This thread is not about my problem. My problem will be less if whites fix theirs. So if you have nothing constructive to add, leave.

I'm fine with your essay. But the issue of reparations goes beyond slavery and it is not about what YOU/YOUR FAMILY did or did not do. And the Irish participated in discrimination against blacks. All the examples you make are not equivalent to what blacks endured. The only other group with a similar claim are native Americans and congress provides them money every year and will do so until the end of days. This is a case against the government that made the laws that allowed the atrocities to happen and the system that continues to maintain it.

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps - CitiGPS

At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. This is money owed NOW for things done in OUR LIFETIMES.
Dumbass slavery has never had an effect on you. But if you feel you have a slave mind go to the democrats. Stop being a victim of the democrat plantation system.

The government owes us money. That is a fact

This thread is not about my problem. My problem will be less if whites fix theirs. So if you have nothing constructive to add, leave.

It's not your money and we dont owe you a damn thing.
And yes it's your problem. Whites dont need to do a damn thing about your problems.
But keep on begging the white man for handouts it's what you do best.

It would correct the wealth discrepancy created by 245 years of white racism.
Wealth isn't gained by a government hand out. Look how the stimulus worked out. Billions of dollars given out and where did it all up? In the pockets of the top earners who invested it in real estate and the stock market.

If you want to build wealth the best way is to increase home and business ownership.

Blacks are doing our part. It's time whites like you stopped with the whataboutism. What you call black racism isn't really racism and blacks aren't making laws targeting whites, nor have blacks voted for presidents hoping they can appoint extremists to courts in order to overturn things like civil rights.

Cities run by people like you have killed more black people than anything else in history. It's your version of the Hunger Games. You LOVE it.

Wealth isn't gained by a government hand out. Look how the stimulus worked out. Billions of dollars given out and where did it all up? In the pockets of the top earners who invested it in real estate and the stock market.

If you want to build wealth the best way is to increase home and business ownership.

Forum List

Back