Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

I'm of the mindset that I can only change that which I can control and what I can control are my own actions. I try to do good for others, set good examples, and surround myself by good people. But I don't personally feel responsible for the actions of others whether they be a race, nationality, sex, or religion. There are good people and assholes in each of those groups, I don't know what to do about the assholes beside ignore them and not give them more attention than they deserve. But as I said I'm open to ideas on what individuals can do to instigate positive change.
That mindset allows racism to continue. We are responsible to change what is wrong. Too many whites feel a similar "helplesness" because they don't face that racism personally. It is about increasing societal shame and seriously enforcing non discrimination laws.

This is where non racist and anti racist whites must organize and create a strategy to combat white racism in media, politics, education, business, and the justice system.

Seems that for some reason, I can't post in a thread I started.

The question is asked why am I asking whites to help solve the race problem.

"Why do you keep turning to white people for solutions to America's racial problems?"

Whites created the problem and continue perpetuating it. So why do some whites think we are responsible for cleaning up a mess they made?

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.
Reparations---IM2 just wants MONEY MONEY MONEY---no matter how stupid the reason that is used is. Hey IM2, why don't you go get a job and earn money like everyone else instead of playing victim.

I remember you, or someone else like you saying that all whites were born inherently racist. I'm pretty sure it was you.
No, you do not remember me saying anything like that because I have never said that, nor do I believe that. People like you need to drop the fuckung white fragility. The truth as documented by history shows that whites created a SYSTEM based on white preference. That white preference was based on a belief in white supremacy. Now that's just the cold hard truth and since some whites want to brag about what they claim to have built; this is part of it. But none of that says whites are inherently racist because there have been whites who have rejected the belief in white supremacy. They aren't the ones calling themselves confederates or claiming anything good about the confederacy, though.

That mindset allows racism to continue. We are responsible to change what is wrong. Too many whites feel a similar "helplesness" because they don't face that racism personally. It is about increasing societal shame and seriously enforcing non discrimination laws.

This is where non racist and anti racist whites must organize and create a strategy to combat white racism in media, politics, education, business, and the justice system.
Believe it or not, sometimes fighting and engaging with bigots only ends up feeding the fire that you are trying to put out and giving them more of a voice than they deserve. I'm not a person that wants to waste energy trying to change evil peoples minds, that is a dead end road when it comes to my skill set and how effective I can be. I am much better off focusing on setting good examples and promoting healthy interactions in my personal life. I spend my spare time coaching high school sports and helping kids learn appropriate ways to treat each other and deal with conflict. I engage with those in my community, people of all stripes and colors and I treat them with respect and project a helpful, inclusive and positive attitude. I don't think pointing a finger of blame at people like myself and saying that I'm allowing racism to perpetuate and that im not doing enough is an accurate or effective approach.

282739410_10224101192589319_4063423420720334201_n.jpg
Amazing what happens when you follow directions from the PO PO.

TIME-OUT -- Leaving this mod message up for an hour with the thread LOCKED. It will re-open while we clear out all the Zone1 violations and folks READ THIS MESSAGE.

Deleting 15 personal and flaming posts. Thread gets one more chance to survive under Zone1 rules. If you get a post deletion message -- clean up your act or get thread banned. Oposter needs to be more specific about what ACTIONS whites should take to end racism..

NO ONE in this forum gets to call other members RACIST anymore. That word deserves PROTECTION from being over-used because it's lost its IMPORTANT meaning.

Go read the sticky note at top of forum to remember what "civil discussion" is actually about. WORK to discuss the TOPIC. Forum isnt here to take out frustrations on OTHER members you dont know.

Now up to about 18 deleted posts and a couple warnings/thread bans. That's about 35% of the all the posts in this thread. When this thread re-opens -- if this persists and people cant DISCUSS the topic -- it will close permanently and warnings will be issued for EVERY post infraction.

You cant post in Zone1 and not make an effort to actually post HONEST meaningful discussion. Cant' be all personal conflict with other members. Leave the past conflicts with USMB members behind and FOCUS on reaching understanding and solutions.

Last edited:
Seems that for some reason, I can't post in a thread I started.

The question is asked why am I asking whites to help solve the race problem.

"Why do you keep turning to white people for solutions to America's racial problems?"

Whites created the problem and continue perpetuating it. So why do some whites think we are responsible for cleaning up a mess they made?

Reparations have been paid to other groups who have been harmed by government policy so the right wing opposition to reparations is simply based on a distorted racist belief. Whites are responsible for ending racism in the white community. Once that ends or is reduced to irrelevance the barriers and obstacles created by whites who have racist beliefs will be eliminated and groups of color will be able to reach their potential. You don't start a fire in your house the tell your neighbors how they need to put the fire out.
How would reparations correct the problem?

Go fuck yourself!!
White people are not the problem it's people like you that are the problem.
All you do is run around pointing fingers at whites for YOUR problems.
Personally I dont have any problems,I go through life without thinking about racism until I get on USMB and see your post.
Your problems are of your own making.
White racism is the problem. Notice the words. White racism. Not white people. And you are lying about what you don't think about or see.

The root cause of the problems we face is white racism. Whites must do their part to change that.
Here is an example of an off topic post

No, it wouldn't. Most of you would get that money and you'd be broke again in a year.
Why do whites think they can dispute someone black on matters affecting black people. What you said is straight base ignorance. You are totally incorrect.

So I am supposed to suggest what whites need to do in order to do their part to end racism.

How about beginning by not making excuses about what you cannot do?

The claim of taking on bigotry creates more bigotry and allows such bigotry to grow and get worse. Whites must take on the bigots in the white community.

Accept that you have a responsibility to end the racism in your community.

Stop talking about black crime when the issue is the white community.

Stop making false equivalences instead of looking at the problem of racism in your community. What most of you call black racism is the response of blacks to the racism we face from whites. Now I am telling you that as a black person and not some right-wing white with an opinion who reads Thomas Sowell.

Blacks should not be shouldering the responsibility of telling whites how to end racism in the white community. Racism is not just a black or issue for people of color since whites are the ones primarily are the ones practicing racism.

White racism is the problem. Notice the words. White racism. Not white people. And you are lying about what you don't think about or see.

The root cause of the problems we face is white racism. Whites must do their part to change that.

Here is an example of an off topic post

Whatchawantus to do? Round them up -- send them to a re-education camp? Take away their internet or voting privileges? Have the FBI monitor all of them?

What PERCENTAGE of all the white racists that you imagine exist can CAUSE HARM to the black community? Need an answer here -- and it probably shouldn't be "harm from the way they vote against reparations".

What KIND of harm do you imagine they do besides not liking to "hire POC" if they actually RUN ANYTHING or have any power? If they hold NO POWER or privilege -- are they STILL A THREAT to you?

Need answers...//////////////

Why do whites think they can dispute someone black on matters affecting black people. What you said is straight base ignorance. You are totally incorrect.

Gifted money never solves poverty. Like giving the homeless a home never solves the underlying prioblems there. TARGETED money to folks that WANT better education, folks who WANT a better career -- is much smarter than "bulk reparations".

I was shot 6 times point blank by a black guy that I had done nothing to.

I really don't give two shits what the OP thinks about white racism and what "whitey be doin' to hold down da black man".

Kiss my arse.

Why do whites think they can dispute someone black on matters affecting black people.
I don't know. Maybe you should ask one of them.

What you said is straight base ignorance. You are totally incorrect.
What I said is factual. You see it all the time with people who win the lottery or professional athletes who grew up broke and have no concept on how to manage their money, being broke again after earning millions.

Forum List

Back