White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research.

On Saturday George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year old-Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

But he was not arrested for 44 days after the February 26, 2012, shooting as police in Sanford insisted that Florida's Stand Your Ground law on self-defence prohibited them from bringing charges - Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.

Read more: White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder: Fresh questions over self-defence law in wake of Zimmerman verdict | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is the percentage of black people, who kill other people in Stand Your Ground states, are more likely to be cleared of murder?

Then we should ask ourselves why they need to defend themselves 354% more.

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

White people just need to knock it off.

Picking up the phone and calling the police, is fine.

In fact, that would be an activity I would encourage. That's what police are there for and citizens calling them with suspicions can sometimes prevent a crime.

However, stepping in and getting involved yourself?

That..should be severely discouraged.

So you're walking down the street and get jumped by five gangbangers and they commence to beating the shit out of you with the intent to kill.

A witness see's the whole thing but rather then stop the crime with his personal weapon,you want him to call 911?
OK... but the next call will be to the coroner so they can pick up the body.

there is

white people should just let their assailants kill and rape them

If I'm attacked, I will use deadly force to defend myself regardless of skin color.

That include starting a fight and losing it?

Like if you are in a bar, and someone insults your state, and you bust him in the chops..he wins..

You use deadly force?

I don't start fights.

I don't let petty things like insults control me. The only time I will react with force is if someone is being physically threatened or abused.

I've done time for reacting to situations with violence.

It's simply not worth it.

SYG laws are really just "It's okay to shoot a black person who makes you scared" laws. It has to do with white fear of black people.

It's also okay to shoot a white person who makes you scared...and a Hispanic...and Indian (dot and feathers)...and Asian...I think Eskimos are off the table, but I'm pretty sure I can shoot Australian Aborigines all day long if they scare me.

The real world consequences of SYG laws, and the ulterior motive of the conservative slugs who love them, are that black men can get slaughtered by whites, and the whites go scot free.

How many blacks are stalked and slaughtered by whites, every year? I sure you have the stats, since it is such a common occurrence in your world.

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

White people just need to knock it off.

In fact, that would be an activity I would encourage. That's what police are there for and citizens calling them with suspicions can sometimes prevent a crime.

So you're walking down the street and get jumped by five gangbangers and they commence to beating the shit out of you with the intent to kill.

A witness see's the whole thing but rather then stop the crime with his personal weapon,you want him to call 911?

I carry a handgun because a cop is too heavy.

The Daily Caller?

Really?

Isn't that the outfit that paid a prostitute to lie and accuse a congressman of Pedophilia?

So you can't refute the claim only the source?

BTW this data base is where they got the numbers

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

So really what you have is more gang members on the streets as a result of the law.

Is that really a good thing?

OK now you have to prove that.

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research.

On Saturday George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year old-Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

But he was not arrested for 44 days after the February 26, 2012, shooting as police in Sanford insisted that Florida's Stand Your Ground law on self-defence prohibited them from bringing charges - Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.

Read more: White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder: Fresh questions over self-defence law in wake of Zimmerman verdict | Mail Online

What is the percentage of black people, who kill other people in Stand Your Ground states, are more likely to be cleared of murder?

They can't twist the numbers without going to a UK site. Telling.

Not if you are attacked or do you propose that people lie there and get beaten until the local doughnut eaters decide to show up?
Gotta love it..

Doughnut eaters.

:doubt:

So no defense of your proposal of lying there getting beaten because self defense should be discouraged?

Especially the ones you see today.....Geez!!
Some of em look like Chris Christie.

So you can't refute the claim only the source?

BTW this data base is where they got the numbers

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

So really what you have is more gang members on the streets as a result of the law.

Florida 'stand your ground' law yields some shocking outcomes depending on how law is applied | Tampa Bay Times
Who benefits from Stand Your Ground laws? Criminals | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Seriously..it should be easy to figure it out..without the links..

th

th

such_fat_cops_640_05.jpg

I know I feel safer with these "trained professionals" looking out for me.

th

th

such_fat_cops_640_05.jpg

Oh absolutely....especially if I was planning a bank heist nearby.
You gotta wonder. Do these guys know how ridiculous they look wearing that uniform?
They wouldnt have to taz me. They could cuff me when I pass out from laughing so hard.

They can't twist the numbers without going to a UK site. Telling.

Yeah..it sucks that the NRA successfully lobbied to block research into violent gun deaths in this country.

How the NRA wields its influence - CNN.com
The NRA?s war on gun science - Salon.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/us/26guns.html?_r=0

Florida 'stand your ground' law yields some shocking outcomes depending on how law is applied | Tampa Bay Times
Who benefits from Stand Your Ground laws? Criminals | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Seriously..it should be easy to figure it out..without the links..

You have not proven that SYG has resulted in more gang members on the streets. In fact if a gang banger successfully uses SYG then there is one less gang banger on the streets.

th

th

such_fat_cops_640_05.jpg

You gotta wonder. Do these guys know how ridiculous they look wearing that uniform?
They wouldnt have to taz me. They could cuff me when I pass out from laughing so hard.

Back in my moving days I was packing up a truck when I heard sounds of a struggle outside. I stopped, left the truck and went to check it out. I saw this fat, out of shape, cop trying to arrest a pretty muscular young man. The guy was fighting him and yelling "Police Brutality". They started mixing it up on the floor and I picked up a heavy wooden stick to go help the cop. Just a few seconds later the cop had the guy in cuffs and kissing the cement.

It's a bad idea to judge a book by it's cover.

You have not proven that SYG has resulted in more gang members on the streets. In fact if a gang banger successfully uses SYG then there is one less gang banger on the streets.

:wtf:

th

th

such_fat_cops_640_05.jpg

Back in my moving days I was packing up a truck when I heard sounds of a struggle outside. I stopped, left the truck and went to check it out. I saw this fat, out of shape, cop trying to arrest a pretty muscular young man. The guy was fighting him and yelling "Police Brutality". They started mixing it up on the floor and I picked up a heavy wooden stick to go help the cop. Just a few seconds later the cop had the guy in cuffs and kissing the cement.

It's a bad idea to judge a book by it's cover.

He'd have to catch me first. Pretty sure I could out run em,and thats with my hip that was replaced three weeks ago.

Sallow, the question has been asked: Is there racism in the United States? And the answer to that question unfortunately, is yes. A follow up question would be: Is there still institutional racism? And once again, the unfortunate answer is yes.

Here's some points that I honestly believe is true and want addressed as well. Whites, Asians or Hispanics have nothing to do with the fact that 73% of African-American babies are born out of wedlock. One fact and one fact alone will almost guarantee that someone is born into poverty and its out-of-wedlock births. The arguement is then made that we have to 'help' these children rise from poverty. Since 1890 Native Americans have been the victims of this type of 'help.' Only those who have walked away from this government oppression have succeeded. Want proof, ask the Cherokees. More and more they tell the Bureau of Indian Affairs to 'stick it' where the sun don't shine. They turn down the addiction of government welfare and strike out on their own. Instead of being told how they can spend the money they make (because it is profit from BoIA funds) they now can invest it as they please and their wealth is exploding. African-Americans must understand that the hand-outs they seek are only putting them into the same predicament that the Native Americans have already experienced. The American experience promises equality of opportunity, NOT equality of outcome. If you give someone something, someone else first has to earn it. I'm not in the business of earning for other people so they don't have to work.

I AM NOT responsible for slavery. I never owned slaves, I never supported the institution and I never supported those who were involved in the trade. Further, I don't believe that at this time, any individuals who were slaves, are currently alive (Sometimes I wish they were so we COULD make amends). To continually bring up this issue is the business of victimization and race-baiting and is the perview of those like Sharpton and Jackson. Don't point your boney finger and me and shriek SLAVERY because I will just turn you off. There isn't an African-American alive today that was a slave to an American plantation owner.

Black-on-black crime is a problem that the black community must address. Here in Tulsa, we have murders that ten or fifteen people witness. When the cops show up, nothing. No one saw anything. That's all well and good but all that does is serve to isolate the black community even more. North Tulsa doesn't even have a grocery store. Why? It gets robbed and the employees are attacked and become victims themselves. Drugs enslave people and the dealers perpetrate violence to protect their 'turf.' The government pumping millions of dollars into the community does absolutely NOTHING if no one will live there because they don't feel safe.

Finally, I would tell you that as a retired cop I have personally witnessed a half-dozen incidents where someone broke into a home, trespassed, or attacked someone with the intent of committing a crime, and caused the victim massive issues (legal as well as civil) because they defended themselves. This is wrong and due to a bunch of sleazy, slimy lawyers (their natural state) a perversion of the justice system. Stand Your Ground Laws correct this miscarriage of justice and I support them as well as the 2nd Amendment.

I agree that there is racism. If a homeless man asks me for money to get him some food and I see him buy a pint of Vodka, am I going to give him another ten dollars? The African-American community MUST begin to fix their own problems. When they do they will show their sincerity and will get more help than they could ever handle... Stop the victimization train that the likes of Sharpton and Jackson want to be the engineers of...

Forum List

Back