White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research.

On Saturday George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year old-Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

But he was not arrested for 44 days after the February 26, 2012, shooting as police in Sanford insisted that Florida's Stand Your Ground law on self-defence prohibited them from bringing charges - Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.
Read more: White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder: Fresh questions over self-defence law in wake of Zimmerman verdict | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How much more likely are black people who shoot black people to get off than black people who shoot white people? Is that a racist question?

Um..what?

If you commit a crime and you are black..you are far far far far more likely to get jail time in this country.

By the way..that isn't just in the south. It's a problem in the more liberal states as well, like New York.

Then we should ask ourselves why they need to defend themselves 354% more.

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

White people just need to knock it off.

An unfamiliar kid in a neighborhood where break-ins occurred wearing a hoodie was seen by the Neighborhood Watch. "If you see something, say something" ring any bells?

Yep.

The important part of that is "Say Something" not "DO SOMETHING".

SYG laws are really just "It's okay to shoot a black person who makes you scared" laws. It has to do with white fear of black people.

It's also okay to shoot a white person who makes you scared...and a Hispanic...and Indian (dot and feathers)...and Asian...I think Eskimos are off the table, but I'm pretty sure I can shoot Australian Aborigines all day long if they scare me.

The real world consequences of SYG laws, and the ulterior motive of the conservative slugs who love them, are that black men can get slaughtered by whites, and the whites go scot free.

Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

Read more: Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

Picking up the phone and calling the police, is fine.

In fact, that would be an activity I would encourage. That's what police are there for and citizens calling them with suspicions can sometimes prevent a crime.

However, stepping in and getting involved yourself?

That..should be severely discouraged.

It's also okay to shoot a white person who makes you scared...and a Hispanic...and Indian (dot and feathers)...and Asian...I think Eskimos are off the table, but I'm pretty sure I can shoot Australian Aborigines all day long if they scare me.

The real world consequences of SYG laws, and the ulterior motive of the conservative slugs who love them, are that black men can get slaughtered by whites, and the whites go scot free.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

Read more: Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller

The Daily Caller?

Really?

Isn't that the outfit that paid a prostitute to lie and accuse a congressman of Pedophilia?

The Daily Caller?

Really?

Isn't that the outfit that paid a prostitute to lie and accuse a congressman of Pedophilia?

So you can't refute the claim only the source?

BTW this data base is where they got the numbers

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

In fact, that would be an activity I would encourage. That's what police are there for and citizens calling them with suspicions can sometimes prevent a crime.

I couldn't agree more....
Trevon picked the wrong guy to try to whoop up on...
A guy with a gun who felt he had no choice but to use it.

Not if you are attacked or do you propose that people lie there and get beaten until the local doughnut eaters decide to show up?

The Daily Caller?

Really?

So you can't refute the claim only the source?

BTW this data base is where they got the numbers

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

So really what you have is more gang members on the streets as a result of the law.

Is that really a good thing?

Not if you are attacked or do you propose that people lie there and get beaten until the local doughnut eaters decide to show up?
Gotta love it..

Doughnut eaters.

:doubt:

He didn't "pick" anyone.

What he did was to defend himself against an armed individual that meant to kill him.

Just like Ronald Goldman.

He didn't "pick" anyone.

What he did was to defend himself against an armed individual that meant to kill him.

Why do you hate facts so much?

I think you and TM must be related.

He didn't "pick" anyone.

You might ask yourself the same question.

Starting with the fact that George Zimmerman lied on National Television.

He didn't "pick" anyone.

I don't think he intentionally lied. I imagine he was nervous and probably can't remember every little detail he learned in some college course years ago.

People make honest mistakes like that all the time. Just look at your precious Obama. He forgot that before he condemned SYG laws, he co-sponsored the SB 2386 in Illinois.

You lie on a regular basis as your post proves. You can't find NOT ONE lie they I have told.

I don't think he intentionally lied. I imagine he was nervous and probably can't remember every little detail he learned in some college course years ago.

People make honest mistakes like that all the time. Just look at your precious Obama. He forgot that before he condemned SYG laws, he co-sponsored the SB 2386 in Illinois.

You lie on a regular basis as your post proves. You can't find NOT ONE lie they I have told.

How many "details" do you forgive this guy?

He's told multiple version of his story which changed every time a "detail" was challenged.

And I haven't lied about a thing. A lie is knowingly telling a falsehood.

That hasn't happened.

When I screw up..I say so.

Unlike you and your ilk.

He's told multiple version of his story which changed every time a "detail" was challenged.

That hasn't happened.

Unlike you and your ilk.

so do you believe white people should just submit to their black assailants?

yes or no

That hasn't happened.

Unlike you and your ilk.

Unlike prolific liars like yourself, most people will never tell the same story quite the same. And this was testified to by Serino when asked about discrepancies in GZ's statements.

And yes you have lied and you continue to do so.

Forum List

Back