White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research.

On Saturday George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year old-Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

But he was not arrested for 44 days after the February 26, 2012, shooting as police in Sanford insisted that Florida's Stand Your Ground law on self-defence prohibited them from bringing charges - Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.

Read more: White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder: Fresh questions over self-defence law in wake of Zimmerman verdict | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder

White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research.

On Saturday George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of 17-year old-Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

But he was not arrested for 44 days after the February 26, 2012, shooting as police in Sanford insisted that Florida's Stand Your Ground law on self-defence prohibited them from bringing charges - Florida gives people wide latitude to use deadly force if they fear death or bodily harm.

Read more: White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354% more likely to be cleared of murder: Fresh questions over self-defence law in wake of Zimmerman verdict | Mail Online

SYG laws are really just "It's okay to shoot a black person who makes you scared" laws. It has to do with white fear of black people.

The Zimmerman jury were just six middle aged Paula Deans.

SYG laws are really just "It's okay to shoot a black person who makes you scared" laws. It has to do with white fear of black people.

It's also okay to shoot a white person who makes you scared...and a Hispanic...and Indian (dot and feathers)...and Asian...I think Eskimos are off the table, but I'm pretty sure I can shoot Australian Aborigines all day long if they scare me.

It's also okay to shoot a white person who makes you scared...and a Hispanic...and Indian (dot and feathers)...and Asian...I think Eskimos are off the table, but I'm pretty sure I can shoot Australian Aborigines all day long if they scare me.

The real world consequences of SYG laws, and the ulterior motive of the conservative slugs who love them, are that black men can get slaughtered by whites, and the whites go scot free.

Then we should ask ourselves why they need to defend themselves 354% more.

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

White people just need to knock it off.

somehow that does not deter lack people for some reason:

RE black on white crime rate

perhaps white people should even the score

I hope you didn't expect any of the 'nuts around here to be troubled by those figures.

You don't need to. Most of the time, it's an overreaction, like Zimmerman calling the police when he sees a black kid walking down a road. Not sure what the illegal activity was that prompted the call, but it happens to blacks all the time.

???

not enough white on black crime????

Last edited:
Wow they figured that out using all of the 25 white on black shootings over those 4 years? Not knowing the circumstances behind them either? Wow! Groundbreaking research! Making shit up is fun I guess. Shouldn't someone be more concerned about all the black on black crime that occurs? They don't even have to be more concerned, just show any concern. Jesus.

Sorry Sallow, I call BS on this one for a few reasons.

1) The still shot of Trayvon in 7-11 is photo shopped.

2) Here's a comprehensive study from the Department of Justice.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]

Last edited:

I hope you didn't expect any of the 'nuts around here to be troubled by those figures.

Why should cashews, filberts, walnuts, peanuts be concerned when the 'figures' in the 'story' are incomplete and biased?

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Last edited:

An unfamiliar kid in a neighborhood where break-ins occurred wearing a hoodie was seen by the Neighborhood Watch. "If you see something, say something" ring any bells?

How much more likely are black people who shoot black people to get off than black people who shoot white people? Is that a racist question?

You are missing some very important details. You need to tell the rest of the story.

If Zimmerman called 911 solely because he had seen a Black man walking the streets and assumed he had committed or was going to commit a crime based upon his race alone, that would be racial profiling, which everyone knows is wrong. Of course, if Zimmerman had called 911 and said, “There's a Black man walking around and we need to check him out,” the 911 dispatcher would have laughed at him.

However, Zimmerman was concerned with a lot more than race. The evidence proves beyond the possibility of doubt that Zimmerman called 911 because (1) there had been a number of recent burglaries in his neighborhood; (2) a man he had never seen before was walking in the rain at night just looking around, staring at houses; and (3) the man appeared to be on drugs (Martin had in fact been smoking Marijuana). Zimmerman found that conduct to be suspicious and worth calling 911 to report it. The 911 dispatcher also thought the man should be checked out and dispatched the police to the area. I think that given the circumstances Zimmerman did what any responsible neighborhood watchman would have done.

What Zimmerman did was a good example of behavioral profiling which is an essential part of law enforcement. He realized that generally someone who is just walking around at night in the rain in a strange neighborhood staring at houses and acting like he's on drugs is most likely up to no good. I don't know about you, but that's what I would think.

There may be those who think that Martin's behavior was not suspicious, and I won't condemn them for that. However, I certainly wouldn't want them to be neighborhood watchmen where I live.

And your point?come on spit it out,they are all racist say it you want to.

Spit what out?

I've been posting that institutional racism in this country is still a problem.

And the GOP has been on overdrive to prove just that. And with abandon. :doubt:

Forum List

Back