White People Support Harsher Laws If They Think More Black People Are Arrested

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
That's what a new study finds.

See the report here...

This, once again, addresses the nuances of racism that aren't so in-your-face, as many whites like their racism to be before they can identify it as racism.

We've come a long way, yes, but we have a long way to go folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Race baiting, pain plain pure and simple. I lived in majority black/Hispanic area for years. Blacks always where their own worst enemies. They shoot each other in huge numbers. They stab each other in record numbers, far more than cops or paranoid white dudes with guns. WHY isn't that THE issue here? I will tell you why. Blacks are afraid of that, and blame their own self hatred and negative self destructiveness on "racism". That is my take on this.

See the report here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrvGvjDOPg

This, once again, addresses the nuances of racism that aren't so in-your-face, as many whites like their racism to be before they can identify it as racism.

This in, when a first group of people are shown pictures of people accused of crimes that are dressed like gang bangers more of those first group will vote for harsher criminal punishments than a second group of people shown pictures of innocent looking young clean cut stand up citizens accused of similar crimes.

Uhmmm duh!!!

Every white person?

Let's add some nuance to the issue:

Are Republicans stingy but principled while Democrats are generous but racist?

"I wouldn't put it quite so starkly," said Stanford University professor Shanto Iyengar. He would prefer to call Democrats "less principled" rather than bigoted, based on his analysis of data collected in a recent online experiment that he conducted with The Washington Post and washingtonpost.com.

As reported in this column a few weeks ago, the study found that people were less likely to give extended aid to black Hurricane Katrina victims than to white ones. The race penalty, on average, totaled about $1,000 per black victim.

As Iyengar and his colleagues subsequently dug deeper into these data, another finding emerged: Republicans consistently gave less aid, and gave over a shorter period of time, to victims regardless of race.

Democrats and independents were far more generous; on average, they gave Katrina victims on average more than $1,500 a month, compared with $1,200 for Republicans, and for 13 months instead of nine.

But for Democrats, race mattered -- and in a disturbing way. Overall, Democrats were willing to give whites about $1,500 more than they chose to give to a black or other minority. (Even with this race penalty, Democrats still were willing to give more to blacks than those principled Republicans.) "Republicans are likely to be more stringent, both in terms of money and time, Iyengar said. "However, their position is 'principled' in the sense that it stems from a strong belief in individualism (as opposed to handouts). Thus their responses to the assistance questions are relatively invariant across the different media conditions. Independents and Democrats, on the other hand, are more likely to be affected by racial cues."

To test the effects of race, participants in the study were asked to read a news article about Katrina victims. Some read a story featuring a white person. Some read identical stories -- except the victim was black, Asian or Hispanic. Then they were asked how much assistance they think the government should give to help hurricane victims. Approximately 2,300 people participated in the study.

Iyengar said he's not surprised by the latest findings: "This pattern of results matches perfectly an earlier study I did on race and crime" with Franklin D. Gilliam Jr. of UCLA. "Republicans supported tough treatment of criminals no matter what they encountered in the news. Others were more elastic in their position, coming to support more harsh measures when the criminal suspect they encountered was non-white."

Thing is, we ignore race crime when it's Blacks hurting whites, which is the majority of the time I think. I have been been assaulted by black females and males, It's appalling. If they don't think anyone is watching, they will do ANYTHING. Then we get some jerkoff like Rodney King. Boo hoo. But then there was Bernard Goetz . A paranoid white dude being hunted by urban blacks. NO justice no peace my ass. When blacks are
caught on camera hurting whites, it's hidden or minimized. Please. Why is that? Racism my ass. Jesus.

Last edited:
More blacks SHOULD be arrested. How many of these Ferguson looters will face justice? Only a fraction.

More blacks SHOULD be arrested. How many of these Ferguson looters will face justice? Only a fraction.

I strongly condemn this act of white on white violent crime. It's caused by the breakdown of their family unit and the type of music that they listen to.

really? this is crystal ball BS?
I Hope our tax dollars didn't pay for this

disgusting race HUSTLERS on the left/Democrats

what else do they have? that and class warfare to divide this country even more

See the report here...

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.
Could easily be argued that MarcATL's OP is baiting and polarizing. Perhaps it should share the same fate as a few recent threads posted in the Race forum and be relegated to the Badlands (where they're unlikely to attract anywhere near the amount of desired attention compared to their original location).

See the report here...

This in, when a first group of people are shown pictures of people accused of crimes that are dressed like gang bangers more of those first group will vote for harsher criminal punishments than a second group of people shown pictures of innocent looking young clean cut stand up citizens accused of similar crimes.

Very true!

I grew up in the Brooklyn Waterfront district of the 1940s & 50s. This neighborhood was inhabited mainly by Italian and Irish. The "hood" clothing style of that era was pegged pants with high-rises, French toe shoes, t-shirts (in summer) with suspenders, and a big hamburg hat. (I swear to God!)

Looking back this bizarre costumery was at least as absurd as are today's droopy-drawers ghetto uniforms, but if one was "in," one wore it. My (older) brother and I wanted to be "in" but our mother angrily and emphatically forbade us from wearing anything but traditional conservative clothing, which, thinking back, probably diverted us from exposure to a lot of negative influences.

Relevant to this topic is my recollection that the local cops plainly focused their attention on the "hoods" in full regalia. They harassed those guys, chased them off the corners, searched them in Prospect Park, often hauled them into the 84 Precinct for questioning when something happened locally. But my brother and I were never bothered. The cops ignored us.

The guys in "zoot" clothes were ethnically referred to by the cops as wops, dagos, or micks." The cops walked "beats" back then, they carried "nightsticks" and were far less restrained than they are today. I heard from several friends that the slightest provocation from a "zooter" was enough to be pulled into a hallway for an ass-kicking.

It seems the more things change the more they remain the same. So I would advise any young Black fellow who would like to avoid being hassled by cops to pull up his pants and lose the hoodie. Someday you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back