White Student Union’ Launches at Georgia State University

Carlsen

Aug 10, 2014
Ragnarök with Loki and Heimdall
Towson Universitet in Maryland have White Student Union now there is one in Georgia State also. Georgia State have 37% White Students and my school have 52%. My school don't have White Student Union but have clubs for Black students and Spanish clubs
LINK:
?White Student Union? Launches at Georgia State University | TIME.com

White Student Union’ Launches at Georgia State University

It's the second student group created to "celebrate white identity" in the past year

By Kate M. Witteman

Georgia_State_University
About 37% of the Atlanta school's student body is white

Georgia State University’s official roster of more than 300 campus organizations includes everything from the Bengali Student Association to the Women’s Ultimate Frisbee Club. But one student group you won’t find on the list — the new White Student Union — is already making headlines nationwide. Freshman Patrick Sharp says he launched the White Student Union this summer in order to recognize and appreciate white culture. As he told the Atlanta Journal Constitution, “All we want to do is celebrate white identity. This is about being in touch with who you are as a white person and being proud of that.” Although the group has not been recognized by the university, Sharp says a handful of students have already joined.

It is unlikely that the union will receive a charter from the university. To do so, it would need to find a faculty advisor, which Sharp concedes would be difficult. What’s more, several students have already complained to the Atlanta school’s administration after seeing the club’s flyers posted around campus. While Sharp is aware that people will accuse his group of being racist, he tells the Constitution, “I’ve already heard some of that and I don’t care what they have to say.” He added, “Why is it when a white person says he is proud to be white he’s shunned as a racist?”

Sharp said he was inspired to begin the group after hearing about a similar organization formed by students at Towson University in Maryland. Towson’s White Student Union received media attention earlier this year when it planned to organize night patrols of the campus in response to a high crime rate. The group’s blog said, “For those who are not Towson students it seems hard to fathom that every single day black predators prey upon the majority white Towson University student body.” Both the Southern Poverty Law Center and Anti-Defamation League have called the Towson club a hate group.

Georgia State University has a racially-diverse student body. Among its approximately 32,000 graduate and undergraduate students.

Good for them but they should realize that they are now very seriously engaged in a white civil war. One kind of whites won't tolerate this and think themselves more enlightened than the folks who acknowledge white interests as having much legitimacy as black interests or Hispanic interests.

The complaints for blacks are inconsequential here because black groups are being used as proxies by the enemy white class.

Only the "wrong kind" of whites would agree to join this club and hence the battle lines are drawn. Too bad that the "right kind" of whites are misguided morons who brought on this whole stinking mess.

Good for them but they should realize that they are now very seriously engaged in a white civil war. One kind of whites won't tolerate this and think themselves more enlightened than the folks who acknowledge white interests as having much legitimacy as black interests or Hispanic interests.

The complaints for blacks are inconsequential here because black groups are being used as proxies by the enemy white class.

Only the "wrong kind" of whites would agree to join this club and hence the battle lines are drawn. Too bad that the "right kind" of whites are misguided morons who brought on this whole stinking mess.

The way I see it, is that if certain ethnic groups can have their own student unions, then others should be able to have their own too. In my opinion, it's a simple First Amendment right. As long as people (Black, White, Brown, Yellow, etc.) act in a law abiding manner, they have the freed om to associate with whom they wish.

The way I see it, is that if certain ethnic groups can have their own student unions, then others should be able to have their own too. In my opinion, it's a simple First Amendment right. As long as people (Black, White, Brown, Yellow, etc.) act in a law abiding manner, they have the freed om to associate with whom they wish.

That's certainly a fair position but the problem is that society is seriously damaged when we see racial-interest groups. So long as whites never unite in terms of racial interests there will be peace in the land, even if other groups do unite in such groups.

The problem with the "no white identity" philosophical position is that it eventually begins to harm whites. It's a unilateral disarmament. The ideal solution is to have no racial identity groups but once we allow some it is inevitable that this will force the hands of white to follow that route and a "fully armed and operational Death Star" oops, I mean fully operational white identity movement in a society carved up by identity groups is going to be bad news for society.

Forum List

Back