White House White House Broadcasts Blatantly Homophobic Sermon Attended by Mike Pence

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Really Mike.?? Values that who holds strong besides the bigots? It gets worse:

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”
“Two men can’t have a baby,” he said. “Two women can’t have a baby.

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!
Homosexuality is a disgusting practice

the preacher is entitled to his opinion just the same as you are

And the lies:

Most major religions see homosexuality as sinful, or whatever term is used to equate with sinful.

Do you support shutting down these Churches, or silencing these pastors?

And the lies:

This, exactly. No American is required to embrace any ideology they loathe. Stop proselytizing your sexual preference and you won't have to run around screaming all day with your pants on fire.

And the lies:

But not entitled to official Whitehouse platform and support for bigotry.

Doee

And the lies:

This, exactly. No American is required to embrace any ideology they loathe. Stop proselytizing your sexual preference and you won't have to run around screaming all day with your pants on fire.
Doesn't that apply to the preacher as well as you and several posters here?

Were they in the white house?

it sure looks like a church to me

besides the preacher is entitled to his opinion anywhere in America that he goes

Sadly, we have been trained to worship the received interpretation of Scripture rather than the overarching narrative of Scripture embodied in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Just as we have been trained to worship the Bible as the word of God more than Jesus as the divine Word of God. Is our faith so fragile that to admit we have been wrong in one area necessarily pulls a string that undoes all the rest of our faith? Is our faith really a house of cards?

3 words for the church in 2019: ‘we were wrong’ – Baptist News Global

And the lies:

The Bible concurs with the preacher as well..

besides the preacher is entitled to his opinion anywhere in America that he goes
I suppose one could read Pence's remarks as just supporting the ongoing freedom of religion and protecting the beliefs of different faiths. Does he go to the Episcopals and address their congregations the same way? The Methodists? The Congregationalists?
I dunno. I'm asking.

I suppose one could read Pence's remarks as just supporting the ongoing freedom of religion and protecting the beliefs of different faiths. Does he go to the Episcopals and address their congregations the same way? The Methodists? The Congregationalists?
I dunno. I'm asking.
As a canadian you have no standing in this domestic US issue

And the lies:

STFU you idiot, there's been a Chapel in Congress forever. This IS a Christian country, despite what that afro-commie claimed.

I dunno. I'm asking.
She's not a real Canadian. Just realllllly close to being one. :auiqs.jpg:

And the lies:

the

Most major religions see homosexuality as sinful, or whatever term is used to equate with sinful.

Do you support shutting down these Churches, or silencing these pastors?
The Episcopals and Congregationalists don't see it as sinful, and neither do the Presbyterians. And there are a whole host of factional churches within Catholicism, the Baptists, and others that accept gay people and gay marriage, as well. Take a look at the list.

I'm not saying you should change your beliefs because these churches did, but in this day and age, there are a lot more churches than you might expect who now welcome gays.

I dunno. I'm asking.
You are thinking of dragonlady...

Forum List

Back