White House White House Broadcasts Blatantly Homophobic Sermon Attended by Mike Pence

But not entitled to official Whitehouse platform and support for bigotry.
Were they in the white house?

it sure looks like a church to me

besides the preacher is entitled to his opinion anywhere in America that he goes
I suppose one could read Pence's remarks as just supporting the ongoing freedom of religion and protecting the beliefs of different faiths. Does he go to the Episcopals and address their congregations the same way? The Methodists? The Congregationalists?
I dunno. I'm asking.
As a canadian you have no standing in this domestic US issue
Is it really that hard to distinguish "DRAGON Lady" from OLD Lady? I think we've had this conversation before. Do you have Alzheimers?

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Really Mike.?? Values that who holds strong besides the bigots? It gets worse:

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”
“Two men can’t have a baby,” he said. “Two women can’t have a baby.
the

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!

Most major religions see homosexuality as sinful, or whatever term is used to equate with sinful.

Do you support shutting down these Churches, or silencing these pastors?
The Episcopals and Congregationalists don't see it as sinful, and neither do the Presbyterians. And there are a whole host of factional churches within Catholicism, the Baptists, and others that accept gay people and gay marriage, as well. Take a look at the list.

I'm not saying you should change your beliefs because these churches did, but in this day and age, there are a lot more churches than you might expect who now welcome gays.

And most of those that had part of the Church "Accept" homosexuality had schisms where the liberal part broke away from the conservative part, or vice versa.

My beliefs are irrelevant, I am a lapsed Catholic at best. My concern is suppression of other's beliefs, be it government action or cancel culture.

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!
Values that who holds strong besides the bigots?
Says the asshole bigot...

Demonic spirits?
Sorry dude but the angels arent singing that men should fuck another man's ass, or grow tits so the men can go into little girls bathrooms.

aylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”
Show me two men or two women on their own, without anything artificial and between the two, how they can reproduce... A lot of humpin, but nothing comes of it, a waste of time and effort.

And the lies:

What fucking hypocrisy ...the left supports Muslims that believe gays must be put to death...Christians simply believe homosexuality is a sin.

Can you figure out the difference?

And the lies:

Homosexuality is a disgusting practice

the preacher is entitled to his opinion just the same as you are
The Bible concurs with the preacher as well..

Yeah, well Leviticus says a lot of things we ignore, including this one, Marion, which you have bragged so often about violating:
18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

And the lies:

the

Most major religions see homosexuality as sinful, or whatever term is used to equate with sinful.

The Episcopals and Congregationalists don't see it as sinful, and neither do the Presbyterians. And there are a whole host of factional churches within Catholicism, the Baptists, and others that accept gay people and gay marriage, as well. Take a look at the list.

I'm not saying you should change your beliefs because these churches did, but in this day and age, there are a lot more churches than you might expect who now welcome gays.

Yeah, it is real interesting how Lucifer has infiltrated the houses of worship, then when fags start diddling with little boys pee pee's, the OUTRAGE by the left saying "see how immoral the church is, it should be burned to the ground". All because the church dared to comply with the liberal agenda.. When you know which side the liberals are on, you understand their demonic thinking...

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

most of those that had part of the Church "Accept" homosexuality had schisms where the liberal part broke away from the conservative part, or vice versa.
I was careful in my post to only name three "majors" which have accepted it entirely. But like you said, I wasn't interested enough to read up on all that are on that long list. Just pointing out that it is no longer "most" major religions that damn homosexuality.

I don't understand the beef here. SCOTUS overruled God Almighty and said peter puffers were the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Lord said "...surely they will be put to death...'' The Biblical "death" is different from human death. When God promises death, it means there is no hereafter for the guilty. Their life and being will be snuffed out like a wisp of smoke as if they never existed. A just punishment for the abomination. Gays should be very concerned and frightened.

And the lies:

So biological fact, is now "lies". Got it.

I don't understand the beef here. SCOTUS overruled God Almighty and said peter puffers were the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Lord said "...surely they will be put to death...'' The Biblical "death" is different from human death. When God promises death, it means there is no hereafter for the guilty. Their life and being will be snuffed out like a wisp of smoke as if they never existed. A just punishment for the abomination. Gays should be very concerned and frightened.
Gays should be really afraid of their existence here on earth, they have not only Muslims that would throw their smelly asses off a building or cut off their heads, but HIV/AIDS. But now with President Trump's NIH going to have a cure in a couple of years(which the left will never give the President credit for) you would think the gays would appreciate what the president is doing, by not only keeping terrorist Muzzies out of gay bars, but also providing a longevity to gays, that Oblummer could only dream of.

Were they in the white house?

it sure looks like a church to me

besides the preacher is entitled to his opinion anywhere in America that he goes
I suppose one could read Pence's remarks as just supporting the ongoing freedom of religion and protecting the beliefs of different faiths. Does he go to the Episcopals and address their congregations the same way? The Methodists? The Congregationalists?
I dunno. I'm asking.
As a canadian you have no standing in this domestic US issue
You are thinking of dragonlady...
My mistake. Thanks for correcting me

most of those that had part of the Church "Accept" homosexuality had schisms where the liberal part broke away from the conservative part, or vice versa.
I was careful in my post to only name three "majors" which have accepted it entirely. But like you said, I wasn't interested enough to read up on all that are on that long list. Just pointing out that it is no longer "most" major religions that damn homosexuality.

it is most that do, you forget Islam, Hinduism, and others.

And the lies:

The Bible concurs with the preacher as well..

Yeah, well Leviticus says a lot of things we ignore, including this one, Marion, which you have bragged so often about violating:
18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.
Idk about "so often". Once on a late Saturday night I may have shared something about that..I didn't say I did it..she did it, dammit! She told me about it in bed.

And the lies:

You might not like that some people consider taking it in the Caboose to be a sin, but that's right in the Bible.
Its basically standard Christian Theology.

And the lies:

the

If you study the 7 churches in Revelations all but one have major flaws

but the worst is Laodicea and it reminds me the Episcopals and other mainstream churches today

Laodicea – Neither Hot nor Cold (Revelation 3:14-22)
Key Passage: Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The Good: None

The Bad: Spiritually arrogant, Spiritually blind, Spiritually underdeveloped, Spiritually depressed

The Promise to Those that Persevere: Fellowship with Jesus on His throne,

Relation to Today’s Church: Popular, All about the show, Secular, Worldly

And the lies:

You might not like that some people consider taking it in the Caboose to be a sin, but that's right in the Bible.
Its basically standard Christian Theology.
What gets me is that everyone "SANE" knows that diseases come out of the exit only part, yet they continue to buck the odds by seeking that chute of shit. I think that insurance companies shouldnt have to pay for such stupidity.

Human Waste and Disease. Human excrement can carry disease such as cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, hepatitis A, typhoid and polio.
Reference: greenrisks.blogspot.com/2017/08/human-waste-and-disease.html

And the lies:

STFU you idiot, there's been a Chapel in Congress forever. This IS a Christian country, despite what that afro-commie claimed.
Was it always about hatred and bigotry, or is this just the new tRumpified version?

when fags start diddling with little boys pee pee's
That was the grown priests, not gays. The gays are pedophiles thing is completely unfounded and has been for many decades. Try to keep up.
Diddling with boys didnt start happening until the gays got into the church....Learn your history...
Learn your history. The Catholic Church does not accept gays and not a single one of the cases involving a priest and a child was from a schism.

Forum List

Back