White House White House Broadcasts Blatantly Homophobic Sermon Attended by Mike Pence

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Really Mike.?? Values that who holds strong besides the bigots? It gets worse:

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”
“Two men can’t have a baby,” he said. “Two women can’t have a baby.

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!

You might not like that some people consider taking it in the Caboose to be a sin, but that's right in the Bible.
Its basically standard Christian Theology.
What gets me is that everyone "SANE" knows that diseases come out of the exit only part, yet they continue to buck the odds by seeking that chute of shit. I think that insurance companies shouldnt have to pay for such stupidity.

Human Waste and Disease. Human excrement can carry disease such as cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, hepatitis A, typhoid and polio.
Reference: greenrisks.blogspot.com/2017/08/human-waste-and-disease.html

There are a lot of risky things people do, although you are right that homosexuality is riskier than most. A medical research paper several years ago calculated the Life Expectancy for Homos was 43 years of age, half that of the general public.

But many serious illnesses are caused by bad habits. The possibility that someone's next Silver Bullet will give them cirrhosis or that next pell mell will give them emphysema is always there.

• Funny
Reactions: mdk

I thought that religion and ethics would be the appropriate place to post this story. Actually, it is a story of religion without ethics:

The video, which is still available on the official White House YouTube page, showed Pence promising to “stand strong for the values that you hold dear” while speaking at the Holy City Church of God in Christ in Memphis.

Moments after Pence’s remarks, Bishop Jerry Wayne Taylor launched into a rant about homosexuality.

We have to encourage young men and women to get married,” Taylor said. “It’s a demonic spirit that causes a woman to want to lie with another woman. It’s a demonic spirit that causes a man to be attracted to another man.”
Demonic spirits? Is he serious! Is it appropriate and ethical to spew such hatred and misinformation about fellow human beings? This is the sort a rhetoric that gets LGBT people killed

And the lies:

Taylor claimed that gay people were “trying to destroy” the principle of marriage and “cut off the reproduction process.”

Really jackass, is that why gays fought so hard for the right to marry and adopt children. The fact is that they have broadened the base of the institution of marriage making it stronger. The have children through a variety of means including surrogacy and in just like many heterosexuals do. They have children and are parents. These people are despicable!
Homosexuality is a disgusting practice

the preacher is entitled to his opinion just the same as you are
Bigotry is a disgusting practice and neither you or the preacher is entitled to engage in it

most of those that had part of the Church "Accept" homosexuality had schisms where the liberal part broke away from the conservative part, or vice versa.
I was careful in my post to only name three "majors" which have accepted it entirely. But like you said, I wasn't interested enough to read up on all that are on that long list. Just pointing out that it is no longer "most" major religions that damn homosexuality.

it is most that do, you forget Islam, Hinduism, and others.
Hindu's and Buddhists vary because there is nothing in their fundamental teachings that mention it. But American Hindu's accept it. Buddhists can't decide (what a shocker).

Because there is no central Hindu authority, attitudes to LGBTQ issues vary at different temples and ashrams. The Hindu American Foundation, in its policy brief on Hindus and Homosexuality, notes that Hinduism does not provide a fundamental spiritual reason to reject or ostracize LGBTQ individuals, and that, “Given their inherent spiritual equality, Hindus should not socially ostracize LGBT individuals, but should accept them as fellow sojourners on the path to moksha.”

The Vedas refer to a "third sex," roughly defined as people for whom sex is not procreative, either through impotence or a lack of desire for the opposite sex. Members of the third sex are not ostracized, however, and are sometimes recognized for having divine powers or insights. The Kama Sutra, a Hindu text detailing the pleasures of sexuality, states that same-sex experience is "to be engaged in and enjoyed for its own sake as one of the arts."

Siddhartha Gautama said nothing about it. Buddhist monks and nuns are forbidden sex with anyone. Various Buddhists have varying opinions of whether it violates the Middle Way. The Dali Lama has voiced opinons both ways.

And the lies:

Bigotry is a disgusting practice and neither you or the preacher is entitled to engage in it

What's "bigoted" here? Do you really think that taking it in the caboose makes someone above criticism?

most of those that had part of the Church "Accept" homosexuality had schisms where the liberal part broke away from the conservative part, or vice versa.
I was careful in my post to only name three "majors" which have accepted it entirely. But like you said, I wasn't interested enough to read up on all that are on that long list. Just pointing out that it is no longer "most" major religions that damn homosexuality.

Hindu's and Buddhists vary because there is nothing in their fundamental teachings that mention it. But American Hindu's accept it. Buddhists can't decide (what a shocker).

Because there is no central Hindu authority, attitudes to LGBTQ issues vary at different temples and ashrams. The Hindu American Foundation, in its policy brief on Hindus and Homosexuality, notes that Hinduism does not provide a fundamental spiritual reason to reject or ostracize LGBTQ individuals, and that, “Given their inherent spiritual equality, Hindus should not socially ostracize LGBT individuals, but should accept them as fellow sojourners on the path to moksha.”

The Vedas refer to a "third sex," roughly defined as people for whom sex is not procreative, either through impotence or a lack of desire for the opposite sex. Members of the third sex are not ostracized, however, and are sometimes recognized for having divine powers or insights. The Kama Sutra, a Hindu text detailing the pleasures of sexuality, states that same-sex experience is "to be engaged in and enjoyed for its own sake as one of the arts."

Siddhartha Gautama said nothing about it. Buddhist monks and nuns are forbidden sex with anyone. Various Buddhists have varying opinions of whether it violates the Middle Way. The Dali Lama has voiced opinons both ways.

I don't see many Hindu temples performing same sex marriages, so unless you got evidence to the contrary, I would say its frowned upon.

I don't see many Hindu temples performing same sex marriages, so unless you got evidence to the contrary, I would say its frowned upon.

Gay Marriage is something which was invented 25 years ago. The Hindu Religion was founded thousands of years ago. So of course they don't have it.

• Funny
Reactions: mdk

And the lies:

I'm going to send all my tithes to that church, they got it right, homosexuality created by demons, yup, right to the point... God bless them.

And the lies:

I'm going to send all my tithes to that church, they got it right, homosexuality created by demons, yup, right to the point... God bless them.
Good fucking God! Has everyone gone batshit crazy?

And the lies:

Most major religions see homosexuality as sinful, or whatever term is used to equate with sinful.

Do you support shutting down these Churches, or silencing these pastors?
I don't give a shit about most major religions There are a lot of congregations and denominations within those religions who welcome and accept gays. Being a Christian does not require you to be a bigot. I don't think that Jesus, if he was real would have endorsed this sort of bizarre rhetoric

No, I do not support silencing these ass hats. I believe in freedom of religions and speech. And I am exercising my freedoms by calling them out for what they are. Hateful bigots . To try to silence them would only drive them into the shadows where they would fester and become even more dangerous and insidious. Let the world see them for what they are.

Last edited:

And the lies:

This, exactly. No American is required to embrace any ideology they loathe. Stop proselytizing your sexual preference and you won't have to run around screaming all day with your pants on fire.
Who exactly is it that is proselytizing? LGBT people just want to live their lives. They leave other alone to live and believe as they wish. The religious zealots want to tell others how to live

The Bible concurs with the preacher as well..
Which is one more reason for so many libs to hate God
That is so fucking stupid, Many liberals are religious . Many believe in God. They believe in a God who is not a bigot. Those who don't believe in God don't hate God because you can't hate something that you don't believe in.

And the lies:

This, exactly. No American is required to embrace any ideology they loathe. Stop proselytizing your sexual preference and you won't have to run around screaming all day with your pants on fire.
Who exactly is it that is proselytizing? LGBT people just want to live their lives. They leave other alone to live and believe as they wish. The religious zealots want to tell others how to live

Gaslight (verb)

Manipulate someone psychologically so that they start to question their own sanity.

That is so fucking stupid, Many liberals are religious . Many believe in God. They believe in a God who is not a bigot. Those who don't believe in God don't hate God because you can't hate something that you don't believe in.
So why do you hate God? Is it because he tells you what you like to do is wrong? Tough titties. :dunno:
He made this world, baby. If not for him, you would not be. Go suck a dick!

And the lies:

Gaslight (verb)

Manipulate someone psychologically so that they start to question their own sanity.
As you should be. No need to gas light you. You do it to yourself

So why do you hate God? Is it because he tells you what you like to do is wrong? Tough titties. :dunno:
He made this world, baby. If not for him, you would not be. Go suck a dick!
Did you actually read and process what I wrote or, are all you are capable of is a mindless knee jerk reaction?

And the lies:

Gaslight (verb)

You stand on a shrinking island. Enjoy dry land; while it lasts . . .

And the lies:

Gaslight (verb)

You stand on a shrinking island. Enjoy dry land; while it lasts . . .
Poor boy, Too ignorant and out of touch with an evolving social order to realize that it is you who is standing on a shrinking island.

Forum List

Back