Where's That $4000 Raise Republicans Promised Workers?

When Republicans in Congress passed a big, fat tax break bill in December, they insisted it meant American workers would be singing “Happy Days Are Here Again” all the way to the bank.

The payoff from the tax cut would be raises totaling $4,000 to $9,000, the President’s Council of Economic Advisors assured workers.

But something bad happened to workers on their way to the repository. They never got that money.

In fact, their real wages declined because of higher inflation. At the same time, the amount workers had to pay in interest on loans for cars and credit cards increased. And, to top it off, Republicans threatened to make workers pay for the tax break with cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Where’s that $4,000 Raise the GOP Promised Workers?

Care to explain how people with existing car loans or credit cards increased? Inflation was going to increase, it was held low by the Fed, not Republicans.

Eight years of bad economics policy under Obama does not justify continued bad economics under Trump. It would be as good as saying it's okay to beat your wife because the guy before you beat her too.

Actually, we have had a strong economy for the last ten years

Actually, we have had a strong economy for the last ten years

upload_2018-6-21_21-4-6.png

Real Gross Domestic Product

Meh, not so much...……

When Republicans in Congress passed a big, fat tax break bill in December, they insisted it meant American workers would be singing “Happy Days Are Here Again” all the way to the bank.

The payoff from the tax cut would be raises totaling $4,000 to $9,000, the President’s Council of Economic Advisors assured workers.

But something bad happened to workers on their way to the repository. They never got that money.

In fact, their real wages declined because of higher inflation. At the same time, the amount workers had to pay in interest on loans for cars and credit cards increased. And, to top it off, Republicans threatened to make workers pay for the tax break with cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

You misunderstand. You can't be jobless and living in mommy's basement and expect a raise.

I received the best raise since 2009 just this year. Thank you President Trump.

That loud grating noise you hear is the sound of bitter, butt-hurt snowflakes 'moving the goal posts' ... while crying.

Bwuhahahaha

If you had health care insurance you would know that the insurance provider is the one that is negotiating the cost of things down. For instance was looking at a bill the other day, something that the Dr. Was charging $250 for was negotiate down to less than $36. That is how insurance companies make money.

I am currently working at a Cleveland Clinic facility and we had to take a day and a half getting the contractors tools and equipment cleaned up and put away. Why because a government adult was going to be down and the facility said that they get 70% of there money from the government.

I asked how is that possible and the Clinic staffer said because the Government doesn't negotiate things down like private insurance does. And they always pay. Once again Ray-Ray you spout off not knowing a damn thing what you are talking about. Get some health insurance and you might then know!

Oh, I must have spent ten years in medical for nothing then. After the hundreds of meetings, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yes, they do negotiate down "at times" but everybody must be billed the same; that's the law. My father (now 87 years old) has had dozens of procedures and surgeries, and he himself admitted to Medicare only paying part of the bill. He has supplementary insurance so it's not a big deal for him, but even at his age, he reads and understands everything.

As a cash payer, I try to get them down myself. But at first, they give me the price of the office visit, lab tests or whatever. Then we discuss payment options, price and so on. I have to see a financial counselor before each visit.

Doctors limit new Medicare patients - USATODAY.com

Medicare does not negotiate like an insurance company does. The insurance company gets same procedures done for pennies on the dollar Medicare doesn't negotiate near as much. Ray you are wrong.

Correct, Medicare and Medicaid do not negotiate, they just gyp the provider of the charge. They pay X and that's the end of the story.

Exactly Ray they pay the ridiculous rate the health care providers throw at them.

No they don't, that's the problem. The rest of us make up for it.

Not what the administration has led me to believe. See make p for those with no insurance that do not pay. Now it is only going to get worse, thAnks Rump!

Eight years of bad economics policy under Obama does not justify continued bad economics under Trump. It would be as good as saying it's okay to beat your wife because the guy before you beat her too.

But Obama was married to another guy so .....

I got mine and did good for the economy by buying a variety of consumer goods
You libs should try this instead of jealously bitching about what I did

We've answered this several times. Many workers--those in the fourth income tax bracket--HAVE seen their net take-home pay go up by $4,000 (or more) per year. I'm in the bottom half of the third bracket, and my annual take-home pay has gone up by $2,640.

We've answered this several times. Many workers--those in the fourth income tax bracket--HAVE seen their net take-home pay go up by $4,000 (or more) per year. I'm in the bottom half of the third bracket, and my annual take-home pay has gone up by $2,640.

Just wait until you file your 2018 return. According to my tax preparer, I'm in for a windfall next year. While I'm getting more out of my paycheck every two weeks, I'll get much more in my tax return next year.

Where's my 8 years of $2500/year Obamacare savings?
I did good under Obama. You did too.
But under Trump we all get fuked.

He was good for my stock market investments, but he promised another $2500/year.
So pay up.

The topic of the post is the $4000 promised to workers that hasn't materialized.

Did you have any comment on that skippy or are you really ass fucking ignorant as you come off, and therefor nothing remotely intelligent can be expected?

The topic of the post is the $4000 promised to workers that hasn't materialized.

It wasn't promised in the first 6 months after the tax cut.
Obama said every family, every year would save $2500.

It hasn't materialized, 8 fucking years later. Are you too stupid to admit Obama lied?
Obama's not president. How come anyone mentions Trump, your kind mentions Obama?

You didn't like Obama, yet, you like Trump? Must be a skin thing.

Where's my 8 years of $2500/year Obamacare savings?
I did good under Obama. You did too.
But under Trump we all get fuked.

He was good for my stock market investments, but he promised another $2500/year.
So pay up.

Did you have any comment on that skippy or are you really ass fucking ignorant as you come off, and therefor nothing remotely intelligent can be expected?

It wasn't promised in the first 6 months after the tax cut.
Obama said every family, every year would save $2500.

It hasn't materialized, 8 fucking years later. Are you too stupid to admit Obama lied?
Obama's not president. How come anyone mentions Trump, your kind mentions Obama?

You didn't like Obama, yet, you like Trump? Must be a skin thing.

Obama's not president.

When he was, in 2010, he lied and said every family will save $2500, every year.

How come anyone mentions Trump, your kind mentions Obama?

In this particular case, it's because some moron was whining about the tax cuts that only passed 6 months ago haven't given them $4000 yet. That moron was apparently fine with the ACA passed almost 8 years ago still not giving everyone $2500 every year.

Must be a skin thing.

Nah, it's an Obama was a lying failure thing.

Forum List

Back