Trumps Tax Cut Came Up Very Short Of Promised Benefit

Do you even know how to calculate your taxes? Mine went down significantly with the Trump tax cut and I am certainly a middle class earner.
I bet you don't even pay taxes do you mooch?
You don't have to tell how much you made (earned) or paid in taxes, but your ETR data would support your claim.

What was your ETR in each of the last 10 years?
Mine went down significantly with the Trump tax cut
I know, I'm just supposed to take your word for it, right?

When Donald Trump came into office, he did so in an election that also gave Republicans a four-seat edge in the Senate and a whopping 47-seat advantage in the House. For two years, Republicans had nearly free rein to do whatever they wanted, and what they wanted was a massive tax cut for wealthy Americans and corporations.

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan sold the package as a “middle-class tax cut,” but the truth was the bill got rid of medical deductions used by millions of lower-income Americans to make room for massive corporate tax breaks. Ryan and other Republicans predicted that the tax cut would more than pay for itself, generating $1 trillion in economic growth. Trump called it “rocket fuel” for the economy.

The so-called “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” passed with only Republican votes in the House and Senate, and almost from the beginning, it was clear that the bill was not what they had claimed. More than 60% of the savings went to people at the top of the income ladder. Revenues fell even more than the Congressional Budget Office had predicted before the law passed. Republicans behind the bill were forced to admit that it might never pay off, and Ryan was left bragging about a school secretary who was “pleasantly surprised” by a $1.50 weekly raise.

And now, after six years, the National Bureau of Economic Research has completed the most detailed, in-depth analysis of the results of the Trump tax cut. And what the nonprofit found was what seemed obvious before the bill was passed: It may have stimulated some corporate growth, but it ballooned the debt while producing a fraction of predicted benefits.

There is no benefit. Imagine that.

I have an MBA degree (most of which I've forgotten). However, I knew from the start what kind of effect Trump's tax cuts to the wealthy would have on the economy - and it's had exactly the effect that I thought it would - NEGATIVE. Trump artificially juiced the economy with massive tax cuts to the wealthy and massive deregulations (both of which were totally unnecessary). The Obama economy was chugging along just fine. Trump gave us a massive tax cut with massive DEBT. Once again proving that trickle-down economics is a crock of shit.

WSJ: Obama Built Most of Trump's Good Economy

Did Trump Create or Inherit the Strong Economy?

The Trump vs. Obama economy — in 16 charts

Trump vs. Obama: Who has the better record on the U.S.

Trump boasts about a great economic record. Too bad it's Obama's

Last edited:
I have an MBA degree (most of which I've forgotten). However, I knew from the start what kind of effect Trump's tax cuts to the wealthy would have on the economy - and it's had exactly the effect that I thought it would - NEGATIVE. Trump artificially juiced the economy with massive tax cuts to the wealthy and massive deregulations (both of which were totally unnecessary). The Obama economy was chugging along just fine. Trump gave us a massive tax cut with massive DEBT. Once again proving that trickle-down economics is a crock of shit.

Roflmao

"Trickle-down" would work fine as long as the money doesn't just trickle back up.

back on planet earth

When Donald Trump came into office, he did so in an election that also gave Republicans a four-seat edge in the Senate and a whopping 47-seat advantage in the House. For two years, Republicans had nearly free rein to do whatever they wanted, and what they wanted was a massive tax cut for wealthy Americans and corporations.

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan sold the package as a “middle-class tax cut,” but the truth was the bill got rid of medical deductions used by millions of lower-income Americans to make room for massive corporate tax breaks. Ryan and other Republicans predicted that the tax cut would more than pay for itself, generating $1 trillion in economic growth. Trump called it “rocket fuel” for the economy.

The so-called “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” passed with only Republican votes in the House and Senate, and almost from the beginning, it was clear that the bill was not what they had claimed. More than 60% of the savings went to people at the top of the income ladder. Revenues fell even more than the Congressional Budget Office had predicted before the law passed. Republicans behind the bill were forced to admit that it might never pay off, and Ryan was left bragging about a school secretary who was “pleasantly surprised” by a $1.50 weekly raise.

And now, after six years, the National Bureau of Economic Research has completed the most detailed, in-depth analysis of the results of the Trump tax cut. And what the nonprofit found was what seemed obvious before the bill was passed: It may have stimulated some corporate growth, but it ballooned the debt while producing a fraction of predicted benefits.

The facts are Trump/GOP tax reforms raised ALL boats in ALL demographics except those for some political grifters. What deductions were taken away were compensated for by raising the standard deduction so that millions of tax payers had their taxes reduced or eliminated. The buying power of American families increased by thousands as opposed to families losing significant buying power under Biden's destructive policies. The hardcore employed, especially among minority groups, were finding good paying jobs. Millions consigned to low or no benefit part time jobs under Obama were able to move into full time jobs with good benefits. Small businesses, constrained by Obama's anti-business policies, were able to expand and hire more people. Those inheriting farms and businesses from departed family members were able to keep those properties instead of having to give them up to pay their taxes.

That tax reform expires at the end of 2025 if Congress and the President do not act to extend it or make it permanent.

A tax cut by itself is not conservative.

Tax AND SPENDING CUTS, that's what we did in the 1990s, and THAT WORKED...

You don't have to tell how much you made (earned) or paid in taxes, but your ETR data would support your claim.

What was your ETR in each of the last 10 years?
Mine went down significantly with the Trump tax cut
I know, I'm just supposed to take your word for it, right?
I lost money with Trump's tax cut. I lost the ability to deduct my property's tax on my second home. Doesn't bother me. This is the part that affected the rich. You know, the group every demofk thinks won the tax battle. hahaahahahaahahaahaha most of you all have no idea who makes what and how it affects them.

Here come the lies and rewriting history by the media... don't believe word of it...

Here come the lies and rewriting history by the media... don't believe word of it...

Did you miss the part where Republicans admitted it didn't work?

Damn. You are a bigger idiot than I thought.

And we all know your low rent ass didn't get any benefit from it.

You're a liar.
do you know there is a tiered system, right? everyone pays the same percent in each bracket of the tier. How does a rich person avoid that? Still trying to get one of you demofkies to explain that.

do you know there is a tiered system, right? everyone pays the same percent in each bracket of the tier. How does a rich person avoid that? Still trying to get one of you demofkies to explain that.

There was no benefit from the Trump tax cut for the rich

There was no benefit from the Bush tax cut for the rich

There was no benefit from the Reagan tax cut for the rich

The $34 trillion debt we have is because of the Reagan, Bush, Trump tax cuts

You have to be a total fool to believe those tax cuts helped anybody other than the morbidly rich

Just like Republicans admitted they did.

You're not sticking it to the libs with those tax cuts

You're sticking it up own ass with those tax cuts

Every dollar of those tax cuts, means a dollar that you and your grandkids will not get

Forum List

Back