When man tells God, you can't....

Again,
Racism has always been wrong, according to the bible.

Within the New Testament, themes of a culturally distinct people persist. Even though the Gospel writers characterize Jesus as someone who disrupts existing social boundaries (Luke 5:30; 7:34) and challenges the religious status quo (Matt. 23:13–26; Mark 7:1–13), it is clear that the early Christians considered themselves to be uniquely situated in the world. Even in the case of Jesus, traditions exist that betray his sense of ethnic superiority. The account of the Syrophoenician (Mark 7:24–30) or Canaanite (Matt. 15:21–28) woman provides a poignant example. In this story, a woman comes to Jesus, asking him to heal her daughter who is tormented by an evil spirit. Jesus asserts that his mission is to Israel, and that it would not be right for him to give the children’s food to “the dogs.” His juxtaposition of the term “children,” to characterize his own privileged group, and the ethnic slur “dogs,” to designate foreigners, is a shocking example of the culturally specific character of Jesus’ perspective.
It doesn't get much more clear than that.

Last edited:

I'm not going to read the whole thing right now, but by just skimming it, it appears that the writer is making the mistake of not differentiating between race and religion / faith.

I could show you tons of scriptures where it is clear that God doesn't care about race at all, but one's FAITH and what is on the inside.

The Israelites were surrounded by people who worshipped false gods, in fact they worshipped demons, and they did horrible things, because of their twisted ideas. THAT is one of the reasons God wanted the Israelites to be "set apart" and to not marry with the Canaanites, because when you have a person who belongs to God who couples with someone who is basically worshipping the devil, obviously that is very bad news and not what God wants.

There's more to this, but I'll leave it at that for now.

I'm not going to read the whole thing right now, but by just skimming it, it appears that the writer is making the mistake of not differentiating between race and religion / faith.
Shockingly, your kneejerk is wrong.
The Israelites were surrounded by people who worshipped false gods, in fact they worshipped demons, and they did horrible things, because of their twisted ideas. THAT is
political propaganda 101. Starting a movement? Divide and conquer. Smear thy competitors mercilessly!
A far more credible depiction of what really transpired.

Last edited:
Even if the Tree of Knowledge never existed, they still would have had the same situation, to make choices, to either trust God or go against God. Having free will does not make God cruel. What is the alternative, to create robots, preprogrammed to do whatever He wants them to do? That would not only be wrong, but pointless.

Actually, here's a crazy idea. Give them free will, but only really hold them accountable for things that are wrong.

in the Bible, working on Sunday is a sin worthy of death, being gay is worthy of death, but holding slaves is okay.

God didn't change his mind on these things, so we changed ours.
Religion gets blamed for things. But it has saved more. People abuse it and use it over others. When used as it is supposed to, it works wonders. I know there is a song or two that will tell you it is one of many reasons of what we see in the world. What we see in America today is a bunch of spoiled people acting out when they do not have to. No religion there.

Since God continues to hide from us and allow evil men to destroy everything good in the world it is natural to question why. Not questioning evil is the same as accepting it.
GOD isn't hiding ---- we just can't see HIM. HE certainly didn't hide from the Jews. They in fact rejected HIM/Messiah and closed their eyes, minds, and hearts. And the eyes of the gentiles were opened.
True – something that doesn’t exist can’t ‘hide.’

Or more to the point, that some perceive ‘god’ as being ‘hidden’ is an acknowledgement of the fact that ‘god’ doesn’t exist.
I see GOD working in my life.

The Israelites were surrounded by people who worshipped false gods, in fact they worshipped demons, and they did horrible things, because of their twisted ideas. THAT is
political propaganda 101. Starting a movement? Divide and conquer. Smear thy competitors mercilessly!
OH! So that is what you are doing! Smear the Bible. Smear Christianity. Smear GOD. Remember that the Bible is also a valid history book. It is certainly no less valid that any other ancient history text. We know about The Canaanites because they left their own evidence as did the Nazis.

Last edited:
Since God continues to hide from us and allow evil men to destroy everything good in the world it is natural to question why. Not questioning evil is the same as accepting it.
GOD isn't hiding ---- we just can't see HIM. HE certainly didn't hide from the Jews. They in fact rejected HIM/Messiah and closed their eyes, minds, and hearts. And the eyes of the gentiles were opened.

Or more to the point, that some perceive ‘god’ as being ‘hidden’ is an acknowledgement of the fact that ‘god’ doesn’t exist.
Good for you. I asked God to take my saintly mother quickly but instead he saw fit for her to suffer the torments of the damned before she finally died. I'll never forgive him for that and all the other suffering in the world. Better for me just to be an atheist rather than going around wanting to punch God in the face like some deadbeat dad.

OH! So that is what you are doing! Smear the Bible. Smear Christianity. Smear GOD. Remember that the Bible is also a valid history book. It is certainly no less valid that any other ancient history text. We know about The Canaanites because they left their own evidence as did the Nazis.
The "History" I linked to also provides a summary of "The Biblical Narrative" for comparison (not to mention taking modern scientific data and records into account). If you weren't so triggered you might have noticed.

Funny how, decade after decade, y'all still manage to supply only the same anecdotal testimony. With all these smart phones and security cameras everywhere (including in people's living rooms) you'd think someone would catch the little bastard in the act doing something somewhere..

Good for you. I asked God to take my saintly mother quickly but instead he saw fit for her to suffer the torments of the damned before she finally died. I'll never forgive him for that and all the other suffering in the world. Better for me just to be an atheist rather than going around wanting to punch God in the face like some deadbeat dad.
My mother died of cancer throughout her brain. She entered hospice care late Mother's day evening some years back (we thought she had a stroke) and she died one week later. I was the last one to sit with her before she went home to be with the LORD. And I am convinced I will see her again one day. The fact is that GOD may have been providing one final opportunity. Everyone dies and after that comes the Judgment. Whatever we suffer here will be entirely forgotten for people in heaven.

I was talking about the Mosaic covenant. You are now talking about something else entirely. You're talking about things that PEOPLE have done, in the last couple thousand years, and putting the blame on God.

Okay, but the thing was, the Witch-burning and Slavery were in the Mosaic Law, and that's what "Christians" used to justify their practice up until only a few hundred years ago.

It's interesting to me how atheists always ignore the New Testament and the words of Jesus, and instead focus on everything but that!

Jesus said that the two greatest commands are: Love God and love others. That's it! That sums up everything.

So anyone 300 years ago who did evil things to people is not to be blamed on God, it is the fault of the twisted person who did those things.

Yeah, the problem is, Jesus never said, "Hey, guys, let's knock off the slavery and the witch-burning and the homophobia, because that's totally not the kind of thing I approve of." The thing is, those "Twisted people" could open their bibles and say,"See, right here. This is what we should do!"

But this world is not at all the way God created it initially and it is NOT the way God wants it to be. In fact, the bible is clear that the temporary ruler of this world, or the lowercase "god of this world" is satan. Which I'm sure you'll scoff at, but all one has to do is look at how evil this world is to see that what the bible says matches with reality.

I'll let Epicurus reply to that one.

1594557274541.png

What doesn't change is God's nature or character. But that doesn't mean that God is always doing the same thing. From a Christian perspective, God has given us certain covenants. Some of those covenants were temporal (only for a specific time period and for a specific group of people) and some are eternal. The one we're in now is eternal. (Ezekiel 37:26, Hebrews 13:20, etc)

Although things are different under the new covenant, the principles behind those laws has always been the same. I hope you understand what I mean by that.

But the point was, God didn't pop in and say, "Witch Burning is bad". Nope. what happened is we figured, first there were no witches, and then burning women for being something that didn't actually exist was bad. But the bible wasn't helpful at all.

When the Confederates fought to keep slavery, they could open their bible, including NEW Testament passages, and say, "The Slaves should happily serve their masters. Jesus said so."

As for what you said about churches, you are showing that you don't understand Christianity. Any churches that go against God's word in order to go along with the ways of this world are not true Christian churches, they are no different than the world, which the bible clearly and explicitly says we should not be like.

1594557556093.png

As for your comment on racism, you again clearly show that you don't understand God or Christianity at all, if you think that racism was ever a God thing. The exact opposite is true, and demonstrably so.

Racism has always been wrong, according to the bible.

Really?

Actually, the bible is pretty clear in its racism. The Hebrews weren't allowed to intermingle with non-Hebrews, there were special set-asides for Hebrews who were slaves that non-Hebrew slaves didn't have, Genocide against neighboring tribes was encouraged by God.

One of the main purposes of the law was to show man that none of us can always perfectly live up to God's standard... which is perfection! That is exactly why we need Jesus, because ALL people have sinned and fallen short. So the law was never meant to make people righteous, but to show them their need for forgiveness and to point them to Jesus... who DID fulfill the law perfectly and who stood in our place as our redeemer.

Actually. No. The Law were the awful behavior of Bronze Age savages. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. And some useful idiot like you will try to claim that "That was the OLD Testament", like that makes it okay.

When man tells God, You can't tell me what to do.... it's like saying he/she was there in the very beginning telling God what to make/create and what not to make/create.
So an invisible person is telling you what to do? Get some help. Soon.

When man tells God, You can't tell me what to do.... it's like saying he/she was there in the very beginning telling God what to make/create and what not to make/create.
GOD speaks through HIS Holy Word. And if you obey what HE says there one can very likely live longer and more contently, then if one rants and raves and becomes a creature of habits.

GOD speaks through HIS Holy Word. And if you obey what HE says there one can very likely live longer and more contently, then if one rants and raves and becomes a creature of habits.
So god speaks through a book? Why can’t he do something better, and especially more convincing?

So god speaks through a book? Why can’t he do something better, and especially more convincing?
God speaks through words. Words have great power.
Words in a 2000 year old book. He needs an update. God 2.0.
You are one of the perplexed. You need a guide. How do I know?

Because you think she is talking about words in a specific book. Instead of the power that words can convey.

But putting that aside your "studies" have brought you into collision with religion. You believe you have studied philosophy and have acquired sound knowledge and have a firm grasp on religious matters, but in reality your childish interpretations of the ambiguous and figurative expressions employed in the holy writings shows you are perplexed and bewildered.

Forum List

Back