Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it is unknown now when it will be as it is still before the return. And there are things we should yet be doing, either way. Mystery Babylon will still collapse and fall. But we who are believers are not supposed to be here staying with it.

Indeed it is thinkable that there could be possible fallen "Christians" who don't believe that will be there in that attack. But the armies there from around the world, of the godless and unrepentant left in the world, are there making an attack anyway and Jesus will return then, and foolishly they will all attack him, and be fighting God, which of course is useless. They will all fall.

Perfection that should be from us is what we should be doing, that we are meant to. There is in revelation from God such things to do with fruits from the Spirit of God that we believers should not continue to limit as they grow, with works from the love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance that are to be showing from us. Sin among us will be contrary to these things.

Yeah, maybe network media might not be available anymore, after a great collapse. Jesus with power will still make himself known with his return to all those left in this world, and Jesus will reign and rule.

Mystery Babylon is the whore of Babylon refers to the great city where our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 11:8.

Do u understand that it's before the Return that nobody knows, and w/ the during and after that we have to watch, investigate, and be prepared to accept/reject?
Yes, it is unknown now when it will be as it is still before the return...
Do you understand that at the time when Noah came there were many who said that until it was too late?
...And there are things we should yet be doing, either way. Mystery Babylon will still collapse and fall. But we who are believers are not supposed to be here staying with it.
Interesting, The thing is that there were many cities meantioned in the Bible so the idea of focusing on Babylon baffles me --there were clear instructions from Jesus himself as to what we're supposed to do.

He already came back in the form of Donald J Trump the Wonderful and once again He was crucified.

Do you understand that at the time when Noah came there were many who said that until it was too late?

Interesting, The thing is that there were many cities meantioned in the Bible so the idea of focusing on Babylon baffles me --there were clear instructions from Jesus himself as to what we're supposed to do.

Mystery Babylon is Israel.

Mystery Babylon is the mother of harlots.. Babylon had nothing to do with Rome.
--and while there's nothing there that says Mystery Babylon was Israel, there's also nothing there that says that says it was not Rome. People can believe what they want. My preference is to say I don't know.

Elsewhere (in Matthew for example) there are some very clear statements about the time of the end. In my thinking, to ignore what's clear invites peril. Ignoring things that are not explicit (like what Mystery Babylon is) is a matter of personal belief.

--and while there's nothing there that says Mystery Babylon was Israel, there's also nothing there that says that says it was not Rome. People can believe what they want. My preference is to say I don't know.

Elsewhere (in Matthew for example) there are some very clear statements about the time of the end. In my thinking, to ignore what's clear invites peril. Ignoring things that are not explicit (like what Mystery Babylon is) is a matter of personal belief.

expat_panama

Try Ezekiel 16:27-30.

First u say that in Revelation is where the Bible says that Israel is the Mystery Babylon. We find that there's no mention of Israel there. Now ur saying that I should "try" Ezekiel. This thread is supposed to be about the 2nd coming and (to me) the info is plain as day in Mathew 24, but now ur saying I should "try" Ezekiel.

Somehow it just doesn't sound like we're communicating.

First u say that in Revelation is where the Bible says that Israel is the Mystery Babylon. We find that there's no mention of Israel there. Now ur saying that I should "try" Ezekiel. This thread is supposed to be about the 2nd coming and (to me) the info is plain as day in Mathew 24, but now ur saying I should "try" Ezekiel.

Somehow it just doesn't sound like we're communicating.

I know. There's dozens of references in scripture about Israel playing the harlot . Jerusalem has 7 hills. Rome had nothing to do with Babylon. Until Martin Luther fell out with Rome about 1500 AD Rome was never the whore of Babylon.

I know. There's dozens of references in scripture about Israel playing the harlot...
-and when I asked you suggested a passage that did not even mention Israel. How about we just get back on topic, the 2nd coming.

The Revelator's reference to Babylon was a reference to Jerusalem. Jerusalem was the city of purple and scarlet, the priestly colors (Rv 17:4). Jerusalem was where the prophets were murdered, according to Jesus (Rv 18:24; cf. Lk 13:34).

What in Matthew is clear about the time of the end?

,,,What in Matthew is clear about the time of the end?
It's over in Matthew 24, Jesus says that everything might look fine now but it's all going to be smashed (ok, the original verses are here).

So the disciples asked "what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” (verse 3). The response from Jesus we more than adequate, he not only went into detail but he said to really pay attention. Finally in verse 15 he says to look up Daniel in the part about the ‘abomination of desolation,’ --and if ur interested I can describe that too.

fwiw, the words "abomination" and "desolation" show up in Chapters 8 - 12 of Daniel. Please let me know if ur interested because I'd dearly love to study that w/ someone. I learn a lot more when there's someone else to bounce ideas off.

Forum List

Back