Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's over in Matthew 24, Jesus says that everything might look fine now but it's all going to be smashed (ok, the original verses are here).

So the disciples asked "what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” (verse 3). The response from Jesus we more than adequate, he not only went into detail but he said to really pay attention. Finally in verse 15 he says to look up Daniel in the part about the ‘abomination of desolation,’ --and if ur interested I can describe that too.

fwiw, the words "abomination" and "desolation" show up in Chapters 8 - 12 of Daniel. Please let me know if ur interested because I'd dearly love to study that w/ someone. I learn a lot more when there's someone else to bounce ideas off.
Okay, I read Matthew. All the details pertain to the first century.

lol!!!

Excuse me while I regain my composure.

Look, you can't be saying that all the details in what --chapter 24 or the entire book? what ever. So like every single time that a prophesy was mentioned the scripture clearly said "this passage pertains only to events with 100 years of Jesus' birth? Including the part about the gospel being "preached throughout the world" (verse 13) and the reference to the abomination/desolation of Daniel w/ the 2300 years after the temple being rebuilt --all that? First century?

OK, one thing at a time. First, I apologize for my outburst; I'm putting a sock in it. Two. Please understand that I have the utmost respect for your beliefs. Third, those your YOUR beliefs not mine though I really do understand that your motivation and intent is honest and we're all doing the best we can.

Finally, in order for us to work together here we should talk more and take smaller steps before we say something is the Truth.

lol!!!

Excuse me while I regain my composure.

Look, you can't be saying that all the details in what --chapter 24 or the entire book? what ever. So like every single time that a prophesy was mentioned the scripture clearly said "this passage pertains only to events with 100 years of Jesus' birth? Including the part about the gospel being "preached throughout the world" (verse 13) and the reference to the abomination/desolation of Daniel w/ the 2300 years after the temple being rebuilt --all that? First century?

OK, one thing at a time. First, I apologize for my outburst; I'm putting a sock in it. Two. Please understand that I have the utmost respect for your beliefs. Third, those your YOUR beliefs not mine though I really do understand that your motivation and intent is honest and we're all doing the best we can.

Finally, in order for us to work together here we should talk more and take smaller steps before we say something is the Truth.

The book of Daniel was written in 164 BC. Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple. The Maccabees restored it and rededicated it. They celebrated with the first Chanukah.

Including the part about the gospel being "preached throughout the world"
Jesus said, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come" (Mt 24:14). In the first century, the gospel was preached in all the nations (Rom 1:8, 16:25-26; Col 1:5-6, 23).
the reference to the abomination/desolation of Daniel
The temple succumbed to desolation with an illegitimate high priest.

2300 years after the temple being rebuilt
Jesus said he would raise up a new temple within days of the current temple's destruction (Jn 2:19). In the first century, the temple was being raised (1 Pt 2:4-5).

Except the Gospel being spread around the entire world, the ingathering from the second temple diaspora, the destruction of the antichirst and end of death, a curse, not to mention the parousia, another visitation by a dignitary from another sphere of intelligent living beings.

Jesus said, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come" (Mt 24:14). In the first century, the gospel was preached in all the nations (Rom 1:8, 16:25-26; Col 1:5-6, 23).
Interesting, and Romans 1:8 reads "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." I understand your point; I don't agree w/ ur reasoning but I respect it as being consistent.
The temple succumbed to desolation with an illegitimate high priest.

Jesus said he would raise up a new temple within days of the current temple's destruction (Jn 2:19). In the first century, the temple was being raised (1 Pt 2:4-5).
We'd have to get into Daniel and his vision with Gabriel explanation. U interested?

Interesting, and Romans 1:8 reads "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." I understand your point; I don't agree w/ ur reasoning but I respect it as being consistent.
My reasoning? What reasoning? It's in the plain language of the text. The gospel was made known to all the nations.

We'd have to get into Daniel and his vision with Gabriel explanation. U interested?
The last high priest was elevated to the estate by fortune. A new temple made of living stones was being built.

History and the text are very clear. You're not making an argument.

My reasoning? What reasoning? It's in the plain language of the text. The gospel was made known to all the nations.

The last high priest was elevated to the estate by fortune. A new temple made of living stones was being built.

History and the text are very clear. You're not making an argument.
You and I are looking at the sacred texts together and that should bring us together. We must not be contending. Anyone who gets into this stuff and wants to engage in a fight is missing the whole point. We need to see ourselves as being on the same side pursuing the same truth.

Paul said that "your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." Our common ground is that we accept that as being the Word of God. At the same time it is not literally correct. My understanding is to see how this is correct. There's a concept that requires us to take some things seriously even when we can't take them literally. Are u familiar with that concept?

Also, are you interested in looking with me at the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet?

You and I are looking at the sacred texts together and that should bring us together. We must not be contending. Anyone who gets into this stuff and wants to engage in a fight is missing the whole point. We need to see ourselves as being on the same side pursuing the same truth.

Paul said that "your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world." Our common ground is that we accept that as being the Word of God. At the same time it is not literally correct. My understanding is to see how this is correct. There's a concept that requires us to take some things seriously even when we can't take them literally. Are u familiar with that concept?

Also, are you interested in looking with me at the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet?

Antiochus IV Epiphanies defiled the temple.

If you're waiting for Jesus to come back you're going to be waiting forever.

This post doesn't say anything. It neither refutes my posts nor affirms your opinion.

Forum List

Back