Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is better that humans focus on jewelry, tattoos, money, and fashion than anything that might be a reminder of their daily personal ideals--such as the people around them. ;)
Oddly, one doesn't religion to focus on their personal ideals and the people around them. Entire civilizations thrived and flourished with and without religions, most before the invention of Christianity.

Not unless those "new wave" Catholics lived in my grandmother's time (early 20th century).

Catholic school students were taught that Dante's Inferno was a work of fiction. The Catholic Catechism state that 'hell' was a personal choice of eternal separation from God, not some bonfire.

We were also taught this life was about learning to know, love, and serve God, the premise being that is what we could expect of the afterlife, not playing a harp on some cloud. Unless, of course we learned to play a harp on a cloud in this life.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church seems to be in variance to your version of Catholicism. I have to note that most religions have such a behavior / reward system as Christianity.

I am always surprised that people of the Abrahamic faiths would fail to notice the multiple fallacies of the behavioral / reward system per Pascal's Wager and the ''believe just in case'', dynamic. In particular, have you considered the possibility that one or more Gods might reward honesty above self-serving supplication?

Oddly, one doesn't religion to focus on their personal ideals and the people around them. Entire civilizations thrived and flourished with and without religions, most before the invention of Christianity.
Absolutely. First Step.

Absolutely. First Step.
I wouldn't presume that religions and the gods of those religions were a first step toward Christianity. Christianity makes no claim to inheritance and morphing of earlier gods into the presently configured triune God.

It does not. For example, what are we taught about fire?
I was taught that fire is the process of combustion that we see as a result of a specific chemical reaction.

Are there fire gods I'm not aware of? I was never taught that fire is the result of intervention by any gods.

What if he comes back the way is supposedly was? A middle eastern looking left wing SJW? That will go over well with the evangelicals I the US.

What if he comes back the way is supposedly was? A middle eastern looking left wing SJW? That will go over well with the evangelicals I the US.
Then says "MAGA!"
Then "Kidding.. Wow.. Trump is such a dope! What were you people thinking?!"

Why do libs always think we don't know Jesus was swarthy--or that we care? We don't care. That's first.

He was not "left wing". Left wing says use a big, bloated, over stuffed federal govt as a means of supporting the population. Jesus never advocated that. He said YOU do it. From YOUR resources. Definitely not leftist.

Last, Jesus was a terrible SJW. Not nearly judgmental enough.

Left wing says use a big, bloated, over stuffed federal govt as a means of supporting the population. Jesus never advocated that.
That is not what left wing means at all

Right wing maintains a big, bloated, overstuffed government
Only for the things THEY want

Left wing wants social programs, healthcare, education, public services

Right wing wants an oversized military and low taxes on the rich

That is not what left wing means at all

Right wing maintains a big, bloated, overstuffed government
Only for the things THEY want

Left wing wants social programs, healthcare, education, public services

Right wing wants an oversized military and low taxes on the rich
And both ending in "wing" means we're all stuck in the same boat with dysfunctional equipment. If we could fix the joints so they always had to flap together or not at all, who knows? Perhaps the sky's the limit..

Forum List

Back