Zone1 When do you feel the 2nd Coming of Christ will be?

When will the 2nd Coming of Christ be?

• within 10 years

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • within 20 years

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • within 30 years

• within 40 years

• within 50 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • within 75 years

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • within 100 years

• within 150 years

• within 200 years

• within 500 years

• after 500 years

• He will never come again

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jesus wasn't an autocrat.
And you think that is what I said. Amazing.

By the way, I never click on links. If you have something to say, say it. I can't have a discussion with a link. Further, a discussion with me about the ridiculous assumption of Jesus being an autocrat would be a short waste of time. I have nothing to contribute.

It gets dangerous when groups of religious people make decisions that encourage events such as war and conflict to usher in their endtimes fantasies.
End time discussions began centuries before Christ. It began with the conclusion that no matter how great a single ruler might be, it would be a generous estimation to expect the effects of that rule would last any more than a thousand years. It would take God coming to earth and ruling to stop the inevitable rise and fall of nations.

People would be more correct in noting that we may be in the time of a nation falling...and many--perhaps most--are more optimistic that we can rebuild instead of crumble.

I ignore end times fantasies. As has been already pointed out--no one knows when or how the earth will become inhabitable for humans or even all life.

Jesus Also instructed us with unambiguous text as to when HIS KINGSOM was to come.........it came in the 1st century, just as He described when He stated, "Verily, I say unto you, THERE BE SOME STANDING HERE (where? in the 1st century while Jesus was speaking), WHICH SHALL NOT TASTE OF DEATH UNTIL THEY SEE THE SON OF MAN (Jesus) COMING IN HIS KINGDOM." -- Matthew 16:28

Unless you can prove there are people that have lived over 2000 years and was standing there to hear Jesus preach about "THY KINGDOM COME" in the 1st century.........you have not "RIGHTLY DIVIDED THE WORD OF TRUTH".

Read the scriptures concerning the Kingdom that was to come. Jesus had a 3.5 year ministry on earth before the cross, during that time period He and John the Baptist preached about the kingdom of God...i.e., the church Jesus was constructing.......the Kingdom of God (all synonymous throughout the scriptures........all 3 are one in the same)......John had been teaching that the Kingdom was "AT HAND" (close). The Gospel of Mark teaches that Jesus came to Galilee preaching the GOOD NEWS (i.e., the gospel) of the kingdom of God, saying, "THE TIME IS FULFILLED (the time frame spoken of by the prophet Daniel), and the kingdom of God is AT HAND." -- Mark 1:14-15

What was Daniel's prophecy? "One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an EVERLASTING DOMINION(not limited to 1000 literal years......everlasting means until the END COMES), which shall not pass away and His Kingdom the one that shall not be destroyed." -- Daniel 7:13-14 "The Son of Man" is the Christ Jesus, the Ancient of Days is the Father (God).

Jesus ascended to the Ancient of Days "IN THE CLOUDS" (Acts 1:9-11) and sit down at the right hand of God.(Acts 2) Right before Jesus' ascension into Heaven to sit next to the Father Jesus stated, "All authority in Heaven and Earth has been given to Me......" -- Matthew 28:18-19

Daniel's prophecy has already been fulfilled conerning Jesus as being a king sitting in rule over His kingdom.........Jesus has been sitting on the throne for over 2000 years.........Daniel's prophecy about Jesus having dominion over nations and all people is being fulfilled as we speak. The kingdom started with One Carpenter's Son (the son of Man...Jesus) and a dozen friends (The Apostles)......and that kingdom has grown and multiplied to the point that some 3 billion + people now claim to be citizens of that kingdom.

no, your annotation as the c bible does not clarify there is nothing known precisely from the source what they believed as not on word is included by them in any document attributed to them. your citation is word of mouth, not scripture.

the religion of antiquity will culminate with those alive and would itself bring to earth the paradise lost - the return is only a formality - the correct triumph was accomplished. otherwise the final act will be the last.

the goal in the 1st century, liberation theology, self determination unfortunately was cut short - the c bible rather than rectify the error - enshrined it by the christian version of religious servitude to a false messiah.

And you think that is what I said. Amazing.
That's clearly not what surada was communicating. Your snippy response, otoh, reveals scads about you.
I never click on links. If you have something to say, say it. I can't have a discussion with a link.
:auiqs.jpg:Yes, how can one control the narrative with people offering published evidence to back and clarify their statements? Chaos! Pure BS is so much better. Not sure why.. Must be the smell or something..?

Autocratic:
taking no account of other people's wishes or opinions; domineering.

Last edited:
End time discussions began centuries before Christ. It began with the conclusion that no matter how great a single ruler might be, it would be a generous estimation to expect the effects of that rule would last any more than a thousand years. It would take God coming to earth and ruling to stop the inevitable rise and fall of nations.

People would be more correct in noting that we may be in the time of a nation falling...and many--perhaps most--are more optimistic that we can rebuild instead of crumble.

I ignore end times fantasies. As has been already pointed out--no one knows when or how the earth will become inhabitable for humans or even all life.
Ignoring the lurid religious fantasies of endtimes ideologues can be a dangerous path. Consider a nuclear Iran, for example. Here you have believers in the Shiite Islamic eschatology mythos wherein a savior who will come to herald in the endtimes is referred to as the mahdi. The Iranian Mullocrats are people who believe that they're on a mission from allah and might not hesitate to make decisions that would implement their religious loonacy.

Christian endtimers are just a little less dangerous because the hyper-religious are better controlled. When religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures, we're clearing in some danger.

When religious belief has squashed the fundamental survival instinct common to all living creatures
It's often argued that having "faith" is smart since it's better to cover one's bases. But it's really not. A society that obsesses over or banks upon a supposed "after"life is expressing profound unhappiness. Always waiting, whining, and hoping for something better to eventually "come" along. Accepting that this is all there is frees one to see all as equals, struggling through its challenges together, and focus upon just doing the best they can with what they've got.

Last edited:
Ignoring the lurid religious fantasies of endtimes ideologues can be a dangerous path.
Focusing on them is useless and boring compared to other paths and ways that are more deserving of attention. Still, I understand that you are saying that some extremists are presently working to bring about a pipe dream that can prove damaging. Not sure what can be done about that, but hopefully people who hold more moderate views of the religion will have some influence.

Focusing on them is useless and boring compared to other paths and ways that are more deserving of attention. Still, I understand that you are saying that some extremists are presently working to bring about a pipe dream that can prove damaging. Not sure what can be done about that, but hopefully people who hold more moderate views of the religion will have some influence.
No, paying attention to them makes one aware of the dangers they pose.

Hollie I fear the God haters so I pay attention to them

They are behind all recent wars. Christians have nothing to do with your wars

Last edited:
It's often argued that having "faith" is smart since it's better to cover one's bases. But it's really not. A society that obsesses over or banks upon a supposed "after"life is expressing profound unhappiness. Always waiting, whining, and hoping for something better to eventually "come" along. Accepting that this is all there is frees one to see all as equals, struggling through its challenges together, and focus upon just doing the best they can with what they've got.

I agree that obsessing over an afterlife, floating in the clouds, happy-fun days, visiting all the relatives you never much cared about when they were alive and don't care much for now, is attractive, but little more than an escape from a life that maybe you never put much effort into.

Each individual must decide for themselves what to believe, what matters to them. Religion, however, for the vast majority of people is not a choice. They accept what they're given. As a humanist, I do have an ultimate purpose for my life. I have assigned it to myself, and it is as real to me as any purpose that a believer has. The things I do don't have to matter ultimately, they only have to matter to myself, my family, my friends and those I love. Humanistic ethics are based on compassion and reason, and are far more moral than those based on the bribery of future reward or the fear of future torture.

...based on the bribery of future reward or the fear of future torture.
Neither of those nightmares (similar to monsters in closets or under the bed) apply to people of faith. There is growth and steps beyond those concepts as well.

That is the first step for people of faith; it expands and accelerates from there.
It's just a shame that people of faith missed a step toward reason and rationality while accelerating toward golden icons, plastic statues on dashboards, idolization of men in big, funny hats, etc.

Neither of those nightmares (similar to monsters in closets or under the bed) apply to people of faith. There is growth and steps beyond those concepts as well.
None of the nightmares surrounding Satan., devils with pitchforks, Dante's Inferno apply to people of faith?

Fess up. You're one of those 'new wave'' catholics?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: “The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, ‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs” (CCC 1035).

It's just a shame that people of faith missed a step toward reason and rationality while accelerating toward golden icons, plastic statues on dashboards, idolization of men in big, funny hats, etc.
It is better that humans focus on jewelry, tattoos, money, and fashion than anything that might be a reminder of their daily personal ideals--such as the people around them. ;)

Fess up. You're one of those 'new wave'' catholics?
Not unless those "new wave" Catholics lived in my grandmother's time (early 20th century).

Catholic school students were taught that Dante's Inferno was a work of fiction. The Catholic Catechism state that 'hell' was a personal choice of eternal separation from God, not some bonfire.

We were also taught this life was about learning to know, love, and serve God, the premise being that is what we could expect of the afterlife, not playing a harp on some cloud. Unless, of course we learned to play a harp on a cloud in this life.

Forum List

Back