What’s your favorite restaurant?

Today I had lunch at Cheese Cake Factory and I do recommend highly. It was my first time at the place and the food I was served was more then I could eat and it of fine quality. The sweet Ice tea was some of the best I have had in other places and the turkey club sandwich was perfect and more than I could eat brought it home along with the lemon cheese cake which was a huge slice I use to getting a lot less in other places. It was well worth the price. Which with the Club Sandwich ice tea coffee and cheese cake came to 22.00 dollars plus a nice tip. It was well worth it . Excellent service, good food, nice atmosphere.

Not so sure about the "don't want you to know" part on these, I think it is just to lure in readers. That aside, some interesting insights in these;

15 Secrets Five Guys Doesn't Want You to Know​

Five Guys Burgers & Fries began back in 1986 as a family-run spot founded by the Murrell family, including husband-and-wife team Jerry and Janie Murrell and their four sons in Arlington, Virginia. 35 years later, the multi-million dollar company has hundreds of franchises around the country and serves delicious meals to hungry burger lovers. They have secret methods for cooking and topping their burgers, great menu hacks, and a few things they might not want you to know. So, before you enjoy your beautiful juicy burger, there are some secrets about Five Guys you should know before bellying up to the counter to order.
This is one I really appreciate - and wish we saw more often;

2. The money to fund the restaurant was supposed to be used for college.​

In 1986, the two eldest Murrell brothers had a choice between using their college savings account for college or to start a business. They ended up using the $70,000 to open Five Guys and the rest is history.

I've had their burgers and they are delicious and some of the best.
This Is Why Five Guys Burgers Are So Consistently Good

Here's some more on other chains;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 Secrets Olive Garden Doesn't Want You to Know

11 Secrets Popeyes Doesn't Want You to Know

20 McDonald's Secrets Employees Don't Want You to Know

Whatever your favorite, here's a tip to consider;

The Economic Principle That Helps Me Order at Restaurants​

If you’re just eating one dish, you’re missing out.
The reason the first few bites of a meal are the best is not simply because they are the first bites... it is because that is when the person is the hungriest. The closer a person comes to satisfying his hunger, the less the enjoyment of each bite.

Also consider cost. It is usually cheaper to by two eggs by ordering two eggs together than having two orders of one egg each. That's simply the way menus are structured. So ordering several small dishes may be less cost effective than ordering a few larger dishes or one large dish when it comes to getting enough food to eat.

1660854375550.jpeg

The reason the first few bites of a meal are the best is not simply because they are the first bites... it is because that is when the person is the hungriest. The closer a person comes to satisfying his hunger, the less the enjoyment of each bite.

Also consider cost. It is usually cheaper to by two eggs by ordering two eggs together than having two orders of one egg each. That's simply the way menus are structured. So ordering several small dishes may be less cost effective than ordering a few larger dishes or one large dish when it comes to getting enough food to eat.
Or if with one or more others, consider each ordering something different and ask for a few extra (empty) plates to divide and share. (And tip well.)

"Favorite"?

I don't know that I could boil it down to just one. It differs depending on the cuisine.

Steak - Barberian's Steak House, Toronto Canada

Italian (other than pizza) - Taverna del Seminario, Rome Italy

Seafood - Cap's On The Water, St. Augustine Florida

Burgers - Five Napkin, New York City New York

Mexican - La Cocina, St. Augustine Florida

Pizza - It's a toss-up: Lazzarra's in New York City or Il Ristoro Del Folle in Casteldilago, Italy

Sandwiches - Drake's Bistro, St. Augustine, Florida

The pandemic has transformed America’s dining landscape into an oligopoly dominated by chains​

... to some extent I agree, that the predictability of chain restaurants makes them oddly comforting. But as independent restaurants disappear in record numbers, dining in them contributes to a broadening restaurant monoculture that is eroding the culinary integrity of our communities.

^^^ That write up is from two years ago. Apple Bee's is the first mentioned restaurant and I went to one for Mother's Day of this year. My city still has a Golden Corral. I was there this year for my birthday like always. We have two Krystal locations. I also see Cheese Cake Factory products on the menu at my local Fazoli's. We also have Buffalo Wild Wings, O' Charley's, BoJangles, IHOP, Subway, Burger King, Pizza, Sonic and Taco Bell in my city still. I was at a Perkin's during Memorial Day weekend. Soon we will have four Star Bucks locations. The three that we already have are in our local grocery stores. We might be getting a third Taco Bell.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Are the following places still around? I haven't seen them in years.

Steak And Shake
Ponderosa
Sbarro
Old Country Buffet
TGI Friday's
Friendly's
Checkers
Rally's
Roy Rogers
Fuddruckers
Quiznos
Luby's
Denny's
Papa Murphy's
Dave And Buster's

^^^ That write up is from two years ago. Apple Bee's is the first mentioned restaurant and I went to one for Mother's Day of this year. My city still has a Golden Corral. I was there this year for my birthday like always. We have two Krystal locations. I also see Cheese Cake Factory products on the menu at my local Fazoli's. We also have Buffalo Wild Wings, O' Charley's, BoJangles, IHOP, Subway, Burger King, Pizza, Sonic and Taco Bell in my city still. I was at a Perkin's during Memorial Day weekend. Soon we will have four Star Bucks locations. The three that we already have are in our local grocery stores. We might be getting a third Taco Bell.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Are the following places still around? I haven't seen them in years.

Steak And Shake
Ponderosa
Sbarro
Old Country Buffet
TGI Friday's
Friendly's
Checkers
Rally's
Roy Rogers
Fuddruckers
Quiznos
Luby's
Denny's
Papa Murphy's
Dave And Buster's
A few are down here in Florida but a lot of those are gone.

I mentioned in my previous message that my city might get a third Taco Bell. I don't know yet if we are or not, but another taco place that we have here is one named Taco John's. Has anyone here ever been to one of them? I ask because I have never seen the place anywhere else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I mentioned in my previous message that my city might get a third Taco Bell. I don't know yet if we are or not, but another taco place that we have here is one named Taco John's. Has anyone here ever been to one of them? I ask because I have never seen the place anywhere else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Ever notice there are usually no Mexican people at Taco Bell?

^^^ I honestly couldn't say because I am actually not a fan of any Mexican place. If I am at Taco Bell at all, I'm going through the drive thru. The only thing that I get from them is their nachos and cinnamon twists. I miss their caramel apple empanada.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ I honestly couldn't say because I am actually not a fan of any Mexican place. If I am at Taco Bell at all, I'm going through the drive thru. The only thing that I get from them is their nachos and cinnamon twists. I miss their caramel apple empanada.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I love real Mexican restaurants and the ones in my area don't cost much more if at all than taco bell.

Mostly chain-type restaurants here in my area. The food and service are hit and miss. All the good family-owned ones are gone. The one that I did like was owned by a greek family. The food and service were perfect. But they and those like them are gone.
My favorite local Mexican restaurant survived COVID because their food is really good.

My favorite chain restaurants is the Olive Garden.

My wife likes to drag us to weird cuisine places when we travel so I have had some really expensive meals I wouldn't care to have again. Probably the best meal I have eaten at a restaurant was at Old Ebbitts in Washington DC ( Old Ebbitt Grill | Washington, DC Restaurant & Bar )

As far as chains go, probably Outback simply because their menu and service tends to be rather uniform so I don't need to think much about what I am going to order.

Mom & pop Hindu food.
Buddhist/Thai food.

Curried lamb.
Basmati rice.
Mango shrimp.

Yum.

Too many good restaurants to name.

We used to love the Sun Penang Malaysian joint in Squirrel Hill, P.A.. Not sure if they are still there. Awesome tropical cocktails with rum and fruit juice too.

Bonjour, for my part i will said Le comptoir LSG where they serve real good frog legs lately i did not go to this restaurant because the covid restriction, i will go back soon, i hope .

View attachment 605424

View attachment 605425

Give the name of your favorite restaurant ?

Here the link to the restaurant

Le comptoir LSG
Basically I love anything Seafood. For years I went to Seafood restraunts like Red Lobster and would order a whole Main Lobster to eat for my birthday with a side order of crab legs. I would eat the claws, tail and everything edible in the lobster along with the crab legs.

I also love ordering Fish Taco's at Mexican restaurants. I loved eating fish taco's at Margaritaville in Cancun, Mexico.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back