What Will be the New American Cause?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I wish everyone, especially people who make their living by writing, would learn to use correct descriptions-
This Country is the United States- it happens to be in North America- you'd think people would know that- or, say these United States of America vs, say Central America or South America, but no, by God, keep dumbing down the voter base- it helps the *cause(s)* of political hacks in the District of Criminals-

It's a shame this allegedly educated author can be so publicly ignorant, especially when this article is very timely-

Some excerpts: "After the Great Pandemic has passed and we emerge from Great Depression II, what will be America’s mission in the world?"

"What will be America’s cause?"

(he's obviously assuming or forecasting a depression- it's not out of the realm of possibility)

If the Democrats win in November, we know their priorities: national health insurance, carbon taxes, the Green New Deal, open borders, amnesty, reparations and wealth redistribution to reduce social and economic inequality — an agenda costing trillions of dollars.

And Democrats will be looking at the defense budget as a slush fund to finance this new progressive era.

If the Republicans win, given the influence of hawks and neocons among the party elite, interventionism may get another run in the yard.

In the 19th century, when the Hungarians had risen up against the Hapsburg Empire and sought U.S. intervention, Henry Clay opposed it:

“Far better is it for ourselves … and for the cause of liberty … that we should keep our lamp burning brightly on this western shore, as a light to all nations, than to hazard its utter extinction amid the ruins of falling or fallen republics in Europe.”

To borrow from the title of historian Walter A. McDougall’s classic work, America’s future is as a promised land, not a crusader state.

I know it pains "Americans" to look too closely at themselves, and their so-called "leaders"<<<<<<<,heavily laced with sarcasm since servants can't be leaders of masses-

But, it might be time for voters to recognize and acknowledge what Einstein is noted for saying about crazy

There is more at the link

“Far better is it for ourselves … and for the cause of liberty … that we should keep our lamp burning brightly on this western shore, as a light to all nations, than to hazard its utter extinction amid the ruins of falling or fallen republics in Europe.”

They've gotten a bit off course. How do you propose to get them back on?

The milk is kinda sourly filled with the crap that chemical and pharma companies push and the bees that make the honey are also dying off and the honey is also laden with those same toxic chemicals that they are growing right into the food stuffs.

• Banned
They've gotten a bit off course. How do you propose to get them back on?
The greater good is accomplished through Individual effort- translated; do what you believe is best. Example is the best teacher.

I am convinced I am the only person alive who knows that West Virginia is abbreviated WV --not WVA --not W.VA, so people confusing America and the US does nothing to my dander.

About the only think that can top this overreactive fakery is having some scientists declare that a ten trillion ton comet will hit the earth dead center in 60 days so back into our houses again. 60 days later a ten thousand pound rock misses earth by 400,000 miles

I wish everyone, especially people who make their living by writing, would learn to use correct descriptions-
This Country is the United States- it happens to be in North America- you'd think people would know that- or, say these United States of America vs, say Central America or South America, but no, by God, keep dumbing down the voter base- it helps the *cause(s)* of political hacks in the District of Criminals-

It's a shame this allegedly educated author can be so publicly ignorant, especially when this article is very timely-

Some excerpts: "After the Great Pandemic has passed and we emerge from Great Depression II, what will be America’s mission in the world?"

"What will be America’s cause?"

(he's obviously assuming or forecasting a depression- it's not out of the realm of possibility)

If the Democrats win in November, we know their priorities: national health insurance, carbon taxes, the Green New Deal, open borders, amnesty, reparations and wealth redistribution to reduce social and economic inequality — an agenda costing trillions of dollars.

And Democrats will be looking at the defense budget as a slush fund to finance this new progressive era.

If the Republicans win, given the influence of hawks and neocons among the party elite, interventionism may get another run in the yard.

In the 19th century, when the Hungarians had risen up against the Hapsburg Empire and sought U.S. intervention, Henry Clay opposed it:

To borrow from the title of historian Walter A. McDougall’s classic work, America’s future is as a promised land, not a crusader state.

I know it pains "Americans" to look too closely at themselves, and their so-called "leaders"<<<<<<<,heavily laced with sarcasm since servants can't be leaders of masses-

But, it might be time for voters to recognize and acknowledge what Einstein is noted for saying about crazy

There is more at the link

Thank you. I concur with your spleen. Why, when the Toronto Blue Jays won the World Series and the radio described them as the first "non-American team" to win it I promptly fired off a strongly-worded postcard demanding to know to which continent Canada had moved. For me the proper term for a citizen hereof is "USian".

Forum List

Back