What think ye? What manner of being was Jesus?

Why would you need to physically follow him around? Isnt believing in him good enough?
No, belief is not "Good enough." "Good enough" never is.

Following Jesus isn't just a matter of physically going where he goes. Following Jesus is putting his teachings into action in one's own life. If the belief stops at, "Yes, that is a good idea," but never gets put into action, what use is the belief? Belief should be so strong that actions are the enthusiastic result of the belief.

Jesus was born of the very eternal Father of Heaven who is immortal. Jesus was also born of Mary who was a mortal and part of the heritage of fallen man. Jesus is known as a being who did no sin in his life on earth. What do you believe? Was Jesus like the rest of us or was he more than this mortal race?
Its all contained within the record revealed in the Holy Scriptures. In order to comprehend the answer that you seek you must 1st read the information freely transmitted to man from God through the Holy Spirit of Truth. All scripture is inspired by God. (1 Tim. 3:16). No one can make you read this information, but it does exist.

God established a plan for man's salvation even before the foundation of the world. You asked about the essence of Christ Jesus, Jesus lived a duplicate life........He had the "essence" of God the Father (what else can the son of God be other than God?).........the Son of God....He also was physically human and called THE SON OF MAN. He was God "incarnate"...........in order for man to walk this life totally innocent and free from sin, God had to take the physical form of man in order to fulfill the requirements of the Old Covenant, i.e., THE LAW/The Law of Moses.

As declared in scripture.........God had a plan to provide a path for man's salvation before time itself began, before the world was formed (1 Peter 1:20, 2 Tim. 1:9), that plan was fulfilled with the birth, life, death/sacrifice and ascension of Jesus. In order for this plan to be effective.......God chose a lineage, a seed of man that was loyal and faithful to God. That seed begins with father Abraham.....the very origin of what's known today as a Christian Nation.....Christianity. (Gal. 3:28-29).

In order to demonstrate the faith of Abraham, God commanded him to sacrifice his son on the alter as a blood offering (all life is found in the blood). God stayed the hand of Abraham before the sacrifice would take place having proven the faith of Abraham.

The sacrifice of Jesus (the only begotten of the Father/God) was a mirror image of a demonstration of God's faith in man.....that man was worth saving because of the love a Father has for His Son. Love is everything, you can't define it, you can only "feel" it......you know that it exists but its based upon the faith of the one making a declaration of love. "Greater love hath no man than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." -- John 15:13

The scriptures tell us that God hid this plan from mankind for awhile, until the time God would reveal it (Eph. 3:5,). It was even hidden from the prophets who foretold of its coming, as they did not comprehend the message they were revealing (1 Peter 1:10-12)

The scriptures also tell us that this plan was finally revealed at the correct time, a time of God's choosing and it was revealed through the Holy Spirit of Truth as directed by Christ Jesus to the disciples and apostles of Christ. (Eph. 3:5, 1 Peter 1:12)

We are told that when we read about this plan, WE CAN UNDERSTAND IT, the mystery is revealed to all. (Eph. 3:4). We are even COMMANDED TO UNDERSTAND THE WILL OF GOD (Eph. 5:17). And we are told that God desires that we all come to the knowledge of this truth and find salvation (2 Tim. 2:3,4).

God desires it........then, it is possible. But first one must read for themselves to test the truth of what's being spoken, the Word of God is our only weapon against the deceit of the god of this world......... our enemy is a liar and the father of all lies. (John 8:44). Lies and Deceit is the method that is used against man......it can only work if one believes a lie to be true.

Thus the MISSION STATEMENT of CHRIST JESUS........the reason for Jesus' existence upon earth, Jesus' purpose was to TEACH the TRUTH from Heaven.

YOUR ANSWER: Who was Jesus, what was His essence, what was His mission on earth.

"Pilate therefore said unto Him (Jesus), art thou a king then? Jesus answered; Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, THAT I SHOULD BEAR WITNESS TO THE TRUTH; EVERYONE THAT IS OF THE TRUTH, HEARETH MY VOICE." -- John 18:37

Last edited:
Its all contained within the record revealed in the Holy Scriptures. In order to comprehend the answer that you seek you must 1st read the information freely transmitted to man from God through the Holy Spirit of Truth. All scripture is inspired by God. (1 Tim. 3:16). No one can make you read this information, but it does exist.

God established a plan for man's salvation even before the foundation of the world. You asked about the essence of Christ Jesus, Jesus lived a duplicate life........He had the "essence" of God the Father (what else can the son of God be other than God?).........the Son of God....He also was physically human and called THE SON OF MAN. He was God "incarnate"...........in order for man to walk this life totally innocent and free from sin, God had to take the physical form of man in order to fulfill the requirements of the Old Covenant, i.e., THE LAW/The Law of Moses.

As declared in scripture.........God had a plan to provide a path for man's salvation before time itself began, before the world was formed (1 Peter 1:20, 2 Tim. 1:9), that plan was fulfilled with the birth, life, death/sacrifice and ascension of Jesus. In order for this plan to be effective.......God chose a lineage, a seed of man that was loyal and faithful to God. That seed begins with father Abraham.....the very origin of what's known today as a Christian Nation.....Christianity. (Gal. 3:28-29).

In order to demonstrate the faith of Abraham, God commanded him to sacrifice his son on the alter as a blood offering (all life is found in the blood). God stayed the hand of Abraham before the sacrifice would take place having proven the faith of Abraham.

The sacrifice of Jesus (the only begotten of the Father/God) was a mirror image of a demonstration of God's faith in man.....that man was worth saving because of the love a Father has for His Son. Love is everything, you can't define it, you can only "feel" it......you know that it exists but its based upon the faith of the one making a declaration of love. "Greater love hath no man than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." -- John 15:13

The scriptures tell us that God hid this plan from mankind for awhile, until the time God would reveal it (Eph. 3:5,). It was even hidden from the prophets who foretold of its coming, as they did not comprehend the message they were revealing (1 Peter 1:10-12)

The scriptures also tell us that this plan was finally revealed at the correct time, a time of God's choosing and it was revealed through the Holy Spirit of Truth as directed by Christ Jesus to the disciples and apostles of Christ. (Eph. 3:5, 1 Peter 1:12)

We are told that when we read about this plan, WE CAN UNDERSTAND IT, the mystery is revealed to all. (Eph. 3:4). We are even COMMANDED TO UNDERSTAND THE WILL OF GOD (Eph. 5:17). And we are told that God desires that we all come to the knowledge of this truth and find salvation (2 Tim. 2:3,4).

God desires it........then, it is possible. But first one must read for themselves to test the truth of what's being spoken, the Word of God is our only weapon against the deceit of the god of this world......... our enemy is a liar and the father of all lies. (John 8:44). Lies and Deceit is the method that is used against man......it can only work if one believes a lie to be true.

Thus the MISSION STATEMENT of CHRIST JESUS........the reason for Jesus' existence upon earth, Jesus' purpose was to TEACH the TRUTH from Heaven.

YOUR ANSWER: Who was Jesus, what was His essence, what was His mission on earth.

"Pilate therefore said unto Him (Jesus), art thou a king then? Jesus answered; Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, THAT I SHOULD BEAR WITNESS TO THE TRUTH; EVERYONE THAT IS OF THE TRUTH, HEARETH MY VOICE." -- John 18:37

All scripture is inspired by God. (1 Tim. 3:16). No one can make you read this information, but it does exist.

really, it's even written for you in your own book ... how convincing.

where else than your 4th century bible are there timely recordings to verify what you have written ... something written by the itinerant themself - a relief of their likeness. where is their statue carved during the times of their miracles.

Do you have Biblical evidence of such?
It's is oblique. The recognition by Gabriel that she was full of grace. Lk 1:28.

It's what the early Christians believed. Many works mention that Mary gave birth to Jesus without pain which was a artifact of original sin. Ascension of Isaiah 11 [A.D. 70], Odes of Solomon 19 [A.D. 80].

It is a belief that was come to be believed. Much like the belief that Christ was fully human and fully God at the same time and the Assumption of Mary.

This explains it better than I could.

really, it's even written for you in your own book ... how convincing.

where else than your 4th century bible are there timely recordings to verify what you have written ... something written by the itinerant themself - a relief of their likeness. where is their statue carved during the times of their miracles.

A logical fallacy..........your dog bits and must be put down, so all dogs of that breed must be put down? :dunno: Just as everyone that attempts to discredit the scriptures ..........you provide nothing but parroted secular gossip with no objective evidence to support it. According to your logic...........or lack thereof...........no one can defend themselves when accused. Of course the Bible can defend itself as truth, until YOU PROVE that its not via objective facts in evidence.

How "convincing"............no one in court is allowed to defend themselves. Sounds kinda FASCIST to me. :abgg2q.jpg:
Simply prove one word wrong? Easy peasy. :popcorn: Evidence was produced through documented history that proved that as early as 50AD there were copies of the Gospels in existence. Through Evidence provided by enemies of Christianity. Roman historians such as Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the younger...etc., then of course you have the Jewish Historians and the works of "Mishnah" and the "Talmud".......all in existence centuries before any Council of Nicaea in the 4th century. Simply because the Holy Scriptures found in the New Testament were not canonized (that bound 66 books total into a single format that included both the old and new testament books), does not mean that the scriptures did not exist.. Negative logic, i.e., a logical fallacy. The process used to bind the canon is the same process used today in modern criminology.......its called comparative textual and contextual analysis.

Its science you should attempt it sometime. ;) In Fact there are more copies of the new testament manuscripts in existence than all the secular works promoted by human secularism in our (wink, wink) institutes of higher learning (cough, cough)......Homer, etc.,

Last edited:
A logical fallacy..........your dog bits and must be put down, so all dogs of that breed must be put down? :dunno: Just as everyone that attempts to discredit the scriptures ..........you provide nothing but parroted secular gossip with no objective evidence to support it. According to your logic...........or lack thereof...........no one can defend themselves when accused. Of course the Bible can defend itself as truth, until YOU PROVE that its not via objective facts in evidence.

How "convincing"............no one in court is allowed to defend themselves. Sounds kinda FASCIST to me. :abgg2q.jpg:
Simply prove one word wrong? Easy peasy. :popcorn: Evidence was produced through documented history that proved that as early as 50AD there were copies of the Gospels in existence. Through Evidence provided by enemies of Christianity. Roman historians such as Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the younger...etc., then of course you have the Jewish Historians and the works of "Mishnah" and the "Talmud".......all in existence centuries before any Council of Nicaea in the 4th century. Simply because the Holy Scriptures found in the New Testament were not canonized (that bound 66 books total into a single format that included both the old and new testament books), does not mean that the scriptures did not exist.. Negative logic, i.e., a logical fallacy. The process used to bind the canon is the same process used today in modern criminology.......its called comparative textual and contextual analysis.

Its science you should attempt it sometime. ;) In Fact there are more copies of the new testament manuscripts in existence than all the secular works promoted by human secularism in our (wink, wink) institutes of higher learning (cough, cough)......Homer, etc.,

next time try responding to the post and not use your contrived, madeup and misguided belief there are any verifiable sources for what is christianity than their own single source 4th century book they spent an entire century putting together, 4 centuries past the event they claim to be writing about.

provide a single document written by the person you claim, claimed to be a messiah or claimed they died for your sins.

It's is oblique. The recognition by Gabriel that she was full of grace. Lk 1:28.

It's what the early Christians believed. Many works mention that Mary gave birth to Jesus without pain which was a artifact of original sin. Ascension of Isaiah 11 [A.D. 70], Odes of Solomon 19 [A.D. 80].

It is a belief that was come to be believed. Much like the belief that Christ was fully human and fully God at the same time and the Assumption of Mary.

This explains it better than I could.

To many the Bible would indicate that Christ was the only sinless being to walk the earth and the only one perfect enough to perform the atonement.

Romans 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

1 Corinthians 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Nothing in the New Testament even hints at Mary being sinless and not in need also of the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. I believe that the only being to ever walk the earth who was without sin was Jesus Christ. That is why all men are subject to Christ for the saving grace which he affords all of us. I don't believe Mary was exempt from needing salvation from the Savior of the world. I believe that according to the verses above, all mankind in this world have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God excepting Jesus Christ who is the Savior.

Jesus was born of the very eternal Father of Heaven who is immortal. Jesus was also born of Mary who was a mortal and part of the heritage of fallen man. Jesus is known as a being who did no sin in his life on earth. What do you believe? Was Jesus like the rest of us or was he more than this mortal race?
Jesus was a very insightful man, but even all of his great knowledge was captive to the times he existed.

FWIW I used to try to convince the unconverted but the times are too short for that now.

"Those with ears to hear, let them hear."

To many the Bible would indicate that Christ was the only sinless being to walk the earth and the only one perfect enough to perform the atonement.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Nothing in the New Testament even hints at Mary being sinless and not in need also of the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. I believe that the only being to ever walk the earth who was without sin was Jesus Christ. That is why all men are subject to Christ for the saving grace which he affords all of us. I don't believe Mary was exempt from needing salvation from the Savior of the world. I believe that according to the verses above, all mankind in this world have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God excepting Jesus Christ who is the Savior.
Then you can be the one to tell Jesus his mother wasn't without sin.

I won't be doing that because I don't believe that.

that must be your case - 1 ...

ive meet a few that almost seem to have never sinned, does one offer them an apple if they do not realize how close they are or leave them be, leave them be is surly the better answer -

their requirement to triumph over evil for remission to the heavens gives the impression they too at one time were sinners - and know better to let that back into the heavens and hopefully will never looses their resolve.

too bad for you - 1.

One of the apostles complained He kissed her often on the mouth with "affection". So yeah...he was a human man with human man's "needs" or "desires" and probably kept them in check, but still felt them.

That reference is in a non-canonical work - not actually in the Bible.

Sylvia Browne wrote a whole book about the "2 Marys" (His Mother and Mary Magdalene). Sylvia said Jesus and Mary M married and went to France, where Jesus lived to be 86. Sylvia was told this by her familiar spirit - Francine.

next time try responding to the post and not use your contrived, madeup and misguided belief there are any verifiable sources for what is christianity than their own single source 4th century book they spent an entire century putting together, 4 centuries past the event they claim to be writing about.

provide a single document written by the person you claim, claimed to be a messiah or claimed they died for your sins.
Its not up to "I" to prove anything.........as the one attempting to accuse and prosecute you must prove that the text in question is not based upon TRUTH. Again you have the mule attempting to push the plow. There are countless evidences that prove that Christian manuscripts existed from the 1st century forward. A Canon is not the subject of writing anything, its simply a scientific method of combining the existing manuscripts consisting of many parts and pieces into a singularly bond work of different books as based upon book, chapter and verse.......and this is accomplished by a scientific method still in use today, its called Comparative Contextual Analysis. In other words.........they compare the text they are investigating and with the actual historical record from different sources.

Examples of those different sources that prove the 1st century existence of Christianity and its author Jesus Christ.
A few Hostile historians/witnesses to Christianity and Jesus existing in the 1st century. Tacitus (56AD-117AD) Suetonius (120AD), Pliny the Younger (110AD)......these are but a few examples of actual historical individuals who were openly hostile to Christianity but still provided evidence that Christianity as defined in the New Testament, along with its founder, Christ Jesus were real and historical.........not some myth made up by the Roman Empire centuries later. Its true that Rome corrupted Christianity in an attempt to use it as a tool of conquest by religious decree......but that does not prove that the New Testament was written by the Empire.

Point number 1: The New Testament Greek Text has been authenticated. There are 3 surviving classes of evidences by which the original text is reconstructed from these fragmented examples of manuscripts. THE CURRENT NUMBER OF GREEK MANUSCRIPTS CONTAINING ALL OR PORTIONS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT TEXT now stands at 5,874. This number of New Testament manuscripts far exceed anything that has been found to date for any other ancient or classical authorships.....such as Homer....etc.,

2 The time between the original writings of the New Testament and known copies was very brief as far as history goes.......thus the ease in researching recent history and using a comparative analysis as a source of calibrating a time frame. This scientific process indeed found errors that were existing with some of the copies, but the errors were verified to be minor mistakes in transferring the text from one copy to the next......in the early days after the Christ, all copies were drafted by hand via the use of torch or candle light. But this also proves that none of the contextual subject matter and DOCTRINE was ever lost from the original manuscripts. Errors are easily spotted depending upon the context and subject matter of the passages in question.

What? Are we to believe that YOU know more about history than the individuals who actually lived during the time period in question? You have been parroting to many secular web sites with their supposed shopping list of supposed lies found in the scriptures........yet the scriptures still stand and are selling better than any other book in world history......there are more copies of the Holy Bible than any other literary works that exist. While Christianity has swallowed up over 1/3 of the worlds total population.

But its the 93% of the world population that believes in a God creation in one form or another that are crazy wrong ..........its the less than 7% who believe in NOTHING are correct as they are just to smart for the average person. Have you asked yourself.......if you believe in nothing....what does that say about your life, as nothing is worthless. Misery love company? :dunno:

Last edited:
Its not up to "I" to prove anything.........as the one attempting to accuse and prosecute you must prove that the text in question is not based upon TRUTH. Again you have the mule attempting to push the plow. There are countless evidences that prove that Christian manuscripts existed from the 1st century forward. A Canon is not the subject of writing anything, its simply a scientific method of combining the existing manuscripts consisting of many parts and pieces into a singularly bond work of different books as based upon book, chapter and verse.......and this is accomplished by a scientific method still in use today, its called Comparative Contextual Analysis. In other words.........they compare the text they are investigating and with the actual historical record from different sources.

Examples of those different sources that prove the 1st century existence of Christianity and its author Jesus Christ.
A few Hostile historians/witnesses to Christianity and Jesus existing in the 1st century. Tacitus (56AD-117AD) Suetonius (120AD), Pliny the Younger (110AD)......these are but a few examples of actual historical individuals who were openly hostile to Christianity but still provided evidence that Christianity as defined in the New Testament, along with its founder, Christ Jesus were real and historical.........not some myth made up by the Roman Empire centuries later. Its true that Rome corrupted Christianity in an attempt to use it as a tool of conquest by religious decree......but that does not prove that the New Testament was written by the Empire.

Point number 1: The New Testament Greek Text has been authenticated. There are 3 surviving classes of evidences by which the original text is reconstructed from these fragmented examples of manuscripts. THE CURRENT NUMBER OF GREEK MANUSCRIPTS CONTAINING ALL OR PORTIONS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT TEXT now stands at 5,874. This number of New Testament manuscripts far exceed anything that has been found to date for any other ancient or classical authorships.....such as Homer....etc.,

2 The time between the original writings of the New Testament and known copies was very brief as far as history goes.......thus the ease in researching recent history and using a comparative analysis as a source of calibrating a time frame. This scientific process indeed found errors that were existing with some of the copies, but the errors were verified to be minor mistakes in transferring the text from one copy to the next......in the early days after the Christ, all copies were drafted by hand via the use of torch or candle light. But this also proves that none of the contextual subject matter and DOCTRINE was ever lost from the original manuscripts. Errors are easily spotted depending upon the context and subject matter of the passages in question.

What? Are we to believe that YOU know more about history than the individuals who actually lived during the time period in question? You have been parroting to many secular web sites with their supposed shopping list of supposed lies found in the scriptures........yet the scriptures still stand and are selling better than any other book in world history......there are more copies of the Holy Bible than any other literary works that exist. While Christianity has swallowed up over 1/3 of the worlds total population.

But its the 93% of the world population that believes in a God creation in one form or another that are crazy wrong ..........its the less than 7% who believe in NOTHING are correct as they are just to smart for the average person. Have you asked yourself.......if you believe in nothing....what does that say about your life, as nothing is worthless. Misery love company? :dunno:

too much in your post to respond to ...

the above though surly was not provided by anything you stated above. and surly not found in your 10000 page christian bible. and is a message in itself for those that do follow the prescribed spoken religion of antiquity the 1st century itinerant gave their life for.

too much in your post to respond to ...

the above though surly was not provided by anything you stated above. and surly not found in your 10000 page christian bible. and is a message in itself for those that do follow the prescribed spoken religion of antiquity the 1st century itinerant gave their life for.
:abgg2q.jpg: One excuse is as good as another. Truth is often "to much to respond to.......".

:abgg2q.jpg: One excuse is as good as another. Truth is often "to much to respond to.......".

how's that ...

the truth is consistently absent from your over laden, smoke screen posts - are you avoiding a reply to the request. howabout for all the documents you claim support your made up religion you can provide a likeness for the individual you claim created the universe, before being born a human.

onefour1 I believe God sent Jesus to shepherd the lost sheep and to show us a way out of sin. If I follow his teachings and behave according to his works I am a better person here on Earth. But I am just barely getting into religion so these are just opinions I have based on my prayer and bible study myself. I am not an expert by any means.

If we broaden the question, and slightly modify it to: "what kind of being is god", there are lots of interesting ideas.

In my view, a god is something like a meme, or computer virus. It lives in the minds of its believers. And to be clear, that's NOT to say it is "imaginary" or not real. I think it's a genuine entity. To the extent that its believers maintain the god's identity consistently, it has a worldview, values, a personality, and a will expressed via its followers.

Forum List

Back