What The Hell Is "Racism?"

Everything you said is 100% true. However, you missed the point entirely.

Interesting. I can be 100% right and wrong at the same time. That should be good for some sort of prize.

No one is being arrested for their thoughts, feelings or desires.

Sure they are.

When a person acts on their hatred for a GROUP or CLASS of people based solely on their being "different" in some way--whether it is color, religion, sexual orientation--it should be dealt with even more severely than a regular crime of "passion." That is because that kind of hatred should not be tolerated in our society.

Nyet. You just don't get it. You don't have any control over your thoughts, feelings or passions. You do not decide to be an atheist or a priest--- you BECOME one. You do not decide to dislike a person, they just rub you the wrong way. You do not decide to take up a love of a hobby, you DEVELOP a passion for it. Our feelings rule us, we do not rule them. At best you can try to either develop them (if desirable) or suppress them (if not desirable).

Freedom of speech--indeed, any individual "right," ends where the other guy's nose begins. Hate groups like the people who congregated this weekend in Charlottesville have a right to say what they will, but imo it is intimidating, hostile and downright disrespectful to the people they hate and therefore I feel it COULD be stopped from being publicly discussed.

You contradict yourself. You should reexamine your thinking. First you say they have a "right" to their rally, then you say if others don't like or agree with it, they have no right. I thought you were better than this. If I find a speech intimidating, hostile or disrespectful, I HAVE A RIGHT TO LEAVE AND STOP LISTENING!

What about those who found the Black Lives Matter rallies intimidating, hostile and downright disrespectful? According to you: THEY SHOULD BE STOPPED!

What about those who find a lecture on civil rights and justice in society intimidating, hostile and downright disrespectful? THEY SHOULD BE STOPPED!

What happens when the government doesn't like what you think or say? They should just stop you?

FLUSH goes everything the Founders worked for.

Hate crimes and hate groups are the enemy of civilized society. Call me what you will for not agreeing to tolerate these people but you will not be able to convince me that what comes out of their mouths or is harbored in their hearts is in any way American or civilized. Give them an extra five years if they act on that hatred for no reason except the other person is gay or black or Jewish.

It is only hate if you disagree with it. I see many things defended by the DOJ and ACLU as a hate group. You cannot be free if you are not free to hate. But you don't have a crime happen unless you ACT on a feeling. You cannot convict a person on what they MIGHT do. There must be action, THEN you have a crime. You can deny them a permit to congregate, or limit their congregation to certain areas, but they have the same rights as YOU DO. Otherwise YOU ARE CREATING A FASCIST STATE, picking who has more freedom and who has less based on your approval, a WORSE crime than what you are trying to prevent!

Last edited:
Racism is being bigoted toward people on account of their color or ethnicity. You must know that.
By definition, you must think your race is superior or its just bigotry.
You must know that.
Isn't the white race superior to blacks? It certainly accomplishes a lot more in science and white people statistically commit less violent crime per capita.

Racism is being bigoted toward people on account of their color or ethnicity. You must know that.
If that's it, then I am not a racist. But where Black people are concerned I recently have acquired cause to be somewhat distrustful of them.

Racism is a term used by the Left to attack anyone who does not agree with them. It opened the door for them for the invention of the "hate-crime."
Let's hope the young lad who just mowed down a bunch of counter protesters gets slapped with it, too. "Inventing" hate crime laws was the most civilized thing this country has done in a long long time.

All crimes are based on hate. Or envy.
You are mistaken; there are various reasons for crime other than hate or envy. For example, there are many corporate and white collar crimes based on greed while sexual crimes can be motivated by lust, and so on.

Racism is a term used by the Left to attack anyone who does not agree with them. It opened the door for them for the invention of the "hate-crime."
Let's hope the young lad who just mowed down a bunch of counter protesters gets slapped with it, too. "Inventing" hate crime laws was the most civilized thing this country has done in a long long time.

You are mistaken; there are various reasons for crime other than hate or envy. For example, there are many corporate and white collar crimes based on greed while sexual crimes can be motivated by lust, and so on.

Greed is envy and many sexual crimes are committed out of hate for women, aren't they?

If that's it, then I am not a racist. But where Black people are concerned I recently have acquired cause to be somewhat distrustful of them.
Poor you.

Go to MLK Blvd. of any city in this country at 3:00 AM and see how poor you quickly become.

I'm just stating the obvious.

Greed is envy and many sexual crimes are committed out of hate for women, aren't they?

Suffice it to say that there is some component of dislike or hatred in most any crime; even corporate crimes, you project some form of hatred for the company, some wrong they did you, as justification for stealing from them. Same with a sexual crime, often there is a hatred of women involved, if only as a projection of the person's own inadequacies of himself that he cannot get a woman any normal way as being her fault. That is why most rapes involve an element of violence. Bottom line: WHY the person did it really doesn't matter, it is the ACT of DOING IT that makes it a crime, and very few people have any say or control in how they feel about things anyway---- you can't punish someone just for how they /feel./

If that were the case, soon, companies could start giving lie detector tests to employees asking them if they like the company and are happy there and firing anyone who fails the test as a potential employment risk. Enter 1984.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
So like if anyone feels that their race is superior to a tribal people who run around naked and hunt with spears, and you treat them like above...thats racism.

The term 'racism" as it exists today, describes the attitude of not being prejudiced against whites with enough vigor and determination.

I hear this word more often than any other word in the American lexicon. I've been called a racist a number of times, mainly by individuals who disagreed with my assessment of something or someone, and I've always been left wondering exactly what that word means and whether or not it accurately applies to me. I honestly don't know.

Another word that I hear a lot, and that I make occasional use of, but I am at a loss to suggest a universal definition for, is, n!gger. This word is considered so offensive I am forced to modify its spelling even for the purpose of academic discussion (such as this).

So in the interest of arriving at a more accurate understanding of the meaning of these two controversial words I will appreciate learning what others mean when they use them.
I have an old 1989 Websters New World Dictionary - it defines racism as "the practice of racial discrimination - segregation."

I personally believe that is still the most accurate definition. Newer dictionaries and on-line sources have redefined it to make in seem more individual. I believe that while individuals can be prejudiced, only a system can be racist. We historically have had institutional racism in this country and people have been discriminated against and segregated.

I also came across something that said writers and editors of popular and academic dictionaries have been overwhelmingly white, academic, straight men and that has influenced the kind of language they have allowed and how that language is described.

I hear this word more often than any other word in the American lexicon. I've been called a racist a number of times, mainly by individuals who disagreed with my assessment of something or someone, and I've always been left wondering exactly what that word means and whether or not it accurately applies to me. I honestly don't know.

Another word that I hear a lot, and that I make occasional use of, but I am at a loss to suggest a universal definition for, is, n!gger. This word is considered so offensive I am forced to modify its spelling even for the purpose of academic discussion (such as this).

So in the interest of arriving at a more accurate understanding of the meaning of these two controversial words I will appreciate learning what others mean when they use them.

'The president let a Jew steal his daughter': White nationalist Charlottesville rally co-organizer says he's disgusted to see Jared Kushner with Ivanka as he predicts MORE people are going to die
  • Christopher Cantwell says he hopes somebody 'more racist' and 'capable' than the president will come along to help him spread his racist message
  • 'Somebody like Donald Trump, who does not give his daughter to a Jew,' he said
  • 'I don't think you could feel the way I do about race, and watch that Kushner bastard walk around with that beautiful girl,' he said
  • Cantwell, who had been talking about how he was trying to make himself 'more capable of violence', said he hoped to find someone more 'capable... to do that'
  • 'We're not non-violent. We'll f***ing kill these people if we have to', he said
  • A woman died, and 19 were injured when a white nationalist plowed his car into the crowd at the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally on Saturday
  • But white nationlaist Cantwell said he considered the rally a win for his side
  • 'I think a lot more people are going to die before we're done here,' he said
  • 'People die every day. The fact that nobody on our side died... (and) none of our people killed anyone unjustly, I think is a plus for us'

Read more: Rally organizer: 'President let a Jew steal his daughter' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Blacks are the most racist ethnic group there is.....
I have seen considerable evidence that supports your observation.
You must listen to hate radio and watch Fox News.

You are confused, Elroy, hate radio pretty much died out years ago--- ---very few people were interested in tuning into liberals ranting all day long. Fox News is where people tune into to get away from the hate-mongering media of the Left.
I haven't heard of hate radio since Air America crashed and burned. The majority of Americans don't want to that racist crap.

The word racist is now meaningless. The left watered that word down so thin by overuse that it's now laughable.

Here's an example: a woman attacks a pro life group and at one point calls them "RACIST" although abortion has nothing to do with race. The word "racist" is now nothing more than an attack word used by people who have no intelligent reply.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

He is not going to be charged with anything....

Fields, who is accused of killing one person and wounding 19 others, has already been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death. The five additional charges include two more counts of malicious wounding and three counts of aggravated malicious wounding, police said.
Man Arrested in Charlottesville Car Attack Charged With 5 Additional Felonies

You apparently mean he won't be convicted. He's been charged with plenty, and I hope he doesn't see the light of day again ever.

All I know is it apparently a one way street.
My experience in life just says some people excel and some are worthless. Skin color has very little to do with it.
Based on the current rhetoric pushed by a poisoned media that makes my above statement that of a racist since I refuse to denounce my supposed white privilege.
I ignore the term at this point. Usually made by the ignorant and by those who believe their minds are open but are really molded to a single monolithic point of view.

Fields, who is accused of killing one person and wounding 19 others, has already been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and failure to stop in an accident that resulted in death. The five additional charges include two more counts of malicious wounding and three counts of aggravated malicious wounding, police said.
Man Arrested in Charlottesville Car Attack Charged With 5 Additional Felonies

You apparently mean he won't be convicted. He's been charged with plenty, and I hope he doesn't see the light of day again ever.
The initial police report stated that he was just trying to get away from the event after the mayor shut down the entire city for protesting. These are trumped up charges.

Nothing is going to happen to him because the scum blocking the alleyway should never have been there in the first place. It is the mayor and governor who are up shit creek now. This is bridgegate all over again.

Forum List

Back