What Should Happen To A Congressman That THREATENS A Reporter On Live TV?

What Should Happen When A Congressman Threatens A Reporter On Live TV?

• It should be ignored

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • He/She should resign

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Authorities should handle it

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Your last sentence brings up two issues. One, is there a need for the victim to bring charges after such a public violent threat?

Yes, moron. Learn some criminal justice. Someone has to press charges in order for an arrest to be made. Let it go, dude. You're embarking on a collision course with being viewed as a moron....

Your last sentence brings up two issues. One, is there a need for the victim to bring charges after such a public violent threat?

Yes, moron. Learn some criminal justice. Someone has to press charges in order for an arrest to be made. Let it go, dude. You're embarking on a collision course with being viewed as a moron....

Just another day for them:lol:

Should it be ignored or dealt with?

And if it's dealt with, how should it be dealt with?

Should he or she have to resign?

Should authorities be called in and perhaps have them arrested?

What?

In any case, here's what a US Congressman did just last night...on Live TV!

GOP Congressman Threatens Reporter Live On Air | Crooks and Liars

He broke the law.

He should have been arrested followed by expulsion from the House.
So if he blatantly and obviously broke the law, why are so many RWers coming to his defense and suggesting that absolutely nothing should happen to him?

I don't understand.

Hey, this is the first time in history that anyone ever told a reporter to get out of their face.

That's not what happened.
I've already written off Mud as the most ignorant RW dunce of the board, amongst other things. If it't not a lie, it's an excuse. In this case it's another lie coming from him. I don't have time to waste on RW dregs like him.

He broke the law.

So should've Billy Boy Clinton, bet you were First in line arguing for that
but hey, he just abused a woman and lied to our face and under oath

You're mistaken.

Clinton broke no laws.

He was impeached anyway.

Unlike Reagan, who DID break the law.

In any case, this thread isn't about either of those folks.

This thread is about Representative Michael Grimm, Congressman from Staten Island.

On camera, he threatened bodily harm on a reporter from NY1.

That's a crime.
So now we have a RW palooka bringing up a 20 year old dalliance of a former President. Monica Lewinsky was an adult and consented and enjoyed their relationship. No part of the relationship was illegal or constituted a crime. Yet the RW palooka is bringing it up.

Why? Only God knows.

*SMH*

Got a link that has a Democratic Congressman physically threatening a reporter?

Anyway, looks like this thing is blowing up more and more.

This back bencher that's currently under investigation for some shenanigans and wrongdoings is now nationally known for his bullying.

Exactly what the GOP needs at this time of his neighboring fellow-bully...Christie.

Good going.

And folks like yourself DEFENDING him and them at every turn isn't helping your cause either.

Keep it up!!

:clap2:

you little sheep act like you were just born yesterday
[ame=http://youtu.be/H3BCTDBKUCk]Obama Interior Secretary Threatens To Punch A Reporter Out - YouTube[/ame]

In this case, the reporter was sticking a camera directly in Salazar's face and the threat came after he repeated the action several times.
Ahhhh....I knew there had to be more to it.

Sounds like it was another instance of a paparazzi getting all up in an individual's personal space.

Compare that to the politician who had already left, then came running back to the victim on camera, pushing him back and shouting threats of throwing him off a high story ledge that would most likely result in the breaking of the victim's neck and/or back.

YEah...that's equivalent alright.

:rolleyes:

#LOLGOP :lol:

Last edited:

What?

What should happen to a bubble headed little leftard reporter that LIES about a US Congressman?

The congressman had TURNED HIS BACK and WALKED AWAY before this little SHIT STAIN LIBTARD looked into the camera and said the congressman DIDN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN BIT, when in REALITY, the congressman had NO IDEA WHAT THE BUBBLE HEAD WAS GOING TO ASK because he cut him off and WALKED AWAY.

The jackass, pajama boy, liberal HACK REPORTER better hope and pray the congressman doesn't SUE HIM INTO THE GUTTER for SLANDER.

You leftists are all alike, LYING MOTHER FUCKING TRASH.

lol, they ask for proof of someone else doing it, then they SPIN spin spin how it's NOT THE SAME, it's old, it's it's it's

so predictable are the two faced of the left

Having seen the video of the incident, I don't know what avenues for legal prosecution would apply for a member of Congress. Criminally, could go for some kind of verbal assault or intimidation, but that's pretty weak sauce. Whether Congress has a Code of Ethics that'd be more applicable I don't know. If it does, I'd pursue it that way instead of criminally or civilly.

What?

What should happen to a bubble headed little leftard reporter that LIES about a US Congressman?

The congressman had TURNED HIS BACK and WALKED AWAY before this little SHIT STAIN LIBTARD looked into the camera and said the congressman DIDN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN BIT, when in REALITY, the congressman had NO IDEA WHAT THE BUBBLE HEAD WAS GOING TO ASK because he cut him off and WALKED AWAY.

The jackass, pajama boy, liberal HACK REPORTER better hope and pray the congressman doesn't SUE HIM INTO THE GUTTER for SLANDER.

You leftists are all alike, LYING MOTHER FUCKING TRASH.

You're not from around here..

So I will just chalk it up to ignorance.

After initially saying he did nothing wrong, Republican Rep. Michael Grimm picked up the phone and apologized Wednesday to NY1 Washington bureau reporter Michael Scotto.

"I apologized. I called Michael Scotto. He was very gracious and accepted my apology," Grimm said. "We're going to have lunch sometime next week and just make sure this is all behind us.

Grimm's Wednesday morning apology came after he first characterized Scotto's question about his campaign donations as a "disrespectful" cheap shot.
Rep. Grimm Apologizes to NY1 Reporter for On-Camera Threat - NY1

Grimm was fully aware of what the question was about and walked off.

That was fine.

What wasn't fine was when he walked back and threatened violence.

That was a violation of both the law and the US Constitution.

Fine by me if he resigns..then after that I hope you all get behind calling for Obama to resign next, then Reid, Pelosi, etc etc for threatening "we the people" and let the resignation of the corrupt bastards club go on

Last edited:
What wasn't fine was when he walked back and threatened violence.

That was a violation of both the law and the US Constitution.
Then by all means, tell us exactly what law was broken and which section of the US constitution was violated. It should be easy for you since you've repeated that claim baselessly twice now. OPut forth the charges.

What?

He should be brought before the ethics committee and at least censored. I read the comment by 007 and cannot imagine anyone so partisan and filled with hate. Is he the face of the rest of you so called conservatives?

California Penal Code 422 PC defines the crime of "criminal threats" (formerly known as terrorist threats).

A "criminal threat" is when you threaten to kill or physically harm someone and
1.that person is thereby placed in a state of reasonably sustained fear for his/her safety or for the safety of his/her immediate family,

2.the threat is specific and unequivocal and

3.you communicate the threat verbally, in writing, or via an electronically transmitted device.

I do hope the U.S. Attorney (if such a law is in the code he is required to enforce) in The District has the balls to file a criminal complaint. Threats of any kind are uncalled for and the manner in which they were delivered on national TV by a lawmaker require LE to act.

Last edited:
I understand he apologized. That said, he should resign.

Jmo
He apologized only AFTER he was cornered and he saw it was politically worse for him.

You do know that his FIRST response was to double down right?

Michael Grimm said:
I was extremely annoyed because I was doing NY1 a favor by rushing to do their interview in lieu of several other requests...I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect especially when I go out of my way to do that reporter a favor. I doubt that I am the first Member of Congress to tell off a reporter, and I am certain I won't be the last.

US congressman Michael Grimm defends threatening to 'break' a reporter and throw him from a balcony after President Barack Obama's State of the Union address - Americas - World - The Independent
Republican Congressman Michael Grimm Threatens To Break Reporter In Half | Mother Jones

Grimm was fully aware of what the question was about and walked off.

NO... HE WASN'T. You're a God damn LIAR. CLEARLY in the video the reporter NEVER gets out WHAT he wants to ask him before the congressman cuts him off and WALKS AWAY.

TRY AGAIN.

But a homo democrat can run a FAGGOT PROSTITUTION RING out of his BASEMENT, and that's OK. Or another democrat senator can be busted BUYING COCAINE, but THAT'S OK TOO. On and on.

You liberal shit stains are all a bunch of two faced, cock sucking HYPOCRITES.

Take your FAKE OUTRAGE ACT to the CIRCUS, moron, you're wasting it here.

What?

He should be brought before the ethics committee and at least censored. I read the comment by 007 and cannot imagine anyone so partisan and filled with hate. Is he the face of the rest of you so called conservatives?

California Penal Code 422 PC defines the crime of "criminal threats" (formerly known as terrorist threats).

A "criminal threat" is when you threaten to kill or physically harm someone and
1.that person is thereby placed in a state of reasonably sustained fear for his/her safety or for the safety of his/her immediate family,

2.the threat is specific and unequivocal and

3.you communicate the threat verbally, in writing, or via an electronically transmitted device.

I do hope the U.S. Attorney (if such a law is in the code he is required to enforce) in The District has the balls to file a criminal complaint. Threats of any kind are uncalled for and the manner in which they were delivered on national TV by a lawmaker require LE to act.
Here's what's so terrible about this matter....

On this very board if I were to merely type something threatening to a member like

"I have your IP address and I'm going to come to your house and smash your face in."

Guess what would happen to me?

I'd be suspended or banned or something.

Goes to show that threats are not something to be taken lightly, it's taken very seriously, even for just TYPING on a private board such as this.

Yet...the RW defenders are breaking their necks to defend that guttersnipe Grimm.

What?

He broke the law.

Obama and holder break the law on a daily basis and are responsible for more deaths than any Mafia captain

He has been told if he does it again, it's the perp walk time in front of the cameras.

That happened in Fake's imagination. In his world, he was the GOP leader who gave that reactionary TPM the warning.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back