• Black

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mixed (blk/wht, hisp/blk, NA/blk, etc)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Asclepias and I were having a convo in another thread and were talking about how difficult it is for blacks to connect to white girlfriends, wives, friends, etc because whites have no clue what it's like being black and will never understand it. My friend said the same thing. He is black. Surrounded by whites 24/7 and felt...lonely.

So I am curious. What is your race? I have it set where nobody can see your vote in case you want to be mysterious.

White people to the back!
It starts at post #35, the convo.

Last edited:
Personally, I think we all have a mix of something in us. Except blacks, since Africa is where I believe we originated from at the beginning of time. Just my opinion, but that's what I believe. Your own mileage may vary.

I totally agree with Asclepias , but by the same token blacks have no clue what it is like to be white. I have had closer connections to some black friend than white ones.
To me here's the difference that so many.....including Asclepias (it appears), think and see race to much. We are all people. We all hurt, we all bleed, we all laugh, and we all cry.
No one is any better than the other.

I agree with that Kat, but to truly understand...does one need to have the same...skin color? Is there a gene in each race that recognizes "self"?
Damn I hate it when I can't get out what is rolling around in my brain. It's there. I just can't express it and it pisses me off.

My friend was and is loved. By whites. But it was not enough. We just flat don't get IT, whatever IT is. Is culture involved in some portion of our "self" that seeks out someone of the same? A gene? Some kind of cells in our brains?

Like..whites don't get sicle cell. Why not?

Never mind. Anyone can get sickle cell.
Sickle cell trait is an inherited blood disorder that affects 1 million to 3 million Americans and 8 to 10 percent of African Americans. Sickle cell trait can also affect Hispanics, South Asians, Caucasians from southern Europe, and people from Middle Eastern countries.

No clue, but the question would also be does anyone get it? Each race I assume gets their race, but not others?? I just know I hate the generalizations that some put out there to keep a division.
What if we didn't have that? What if we were truly color blind?

I don't know why things are as they are, and seemingly getting worse. VERY sad to me.

According to the far left there is are no race or genders, that why they make them a protected class.

And I never support anyone that advocates or support the killing of cops regardless of race.

upload_2016-7-27_1-34-24.jpeg

Hispanic is not a race...

How many major races are there in the world? - World Mysteries Blog

Anthropology 101

There are three major races:

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

With two recognized minor-race subcategories:

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

******************************************************************************************

If you're going to have the government tell us there are other races than that then I'm 100% German-American and demand my right to be considered a minority and want government funding to be equally and fairly distributed to my family as any other minority is entitled to by the government.

*****SMILE*****

:)

This is not about killing anyone. This is trying to get "it", whatever "it" is.

Read the link in the OP. About my friend. And Ascl's reply on his girlfriend. There is a connection there. A "knowledge" we cannot understand...nor can they. Something is missing. What is "it"? Maybe if that was figured out..a lot of this angst could be understood and handled better.

And what if everyone were one skin tone? Would we still find some kind of division? Probably. Religion, culture, environment, etc?

According to the far left there is are no race or genders, that why they make them a protected class.

And I never support anyone that advocates or support the killing of cops regardless of race.

Well, I realize it is asinine to pretend there are no races or gender, but we all are the human race. I tend to think of what people call racists, more as bigots.

View attachment 83177

Hispanic is not a race...

How many major races are there in the world? - World Mysteries Blog

Anthropology 101

There are three major races:

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

With two recognized minor-race subcategories:

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

******************************************************************************************

If you're going to have the government tell us there are other races than that then I'm 100% German-American and demand my right to be considered a minority and want government funding to be equally and fairly distributed to my family as any other minority is entitled to by the government.

*****SMILE*****

:)

What do you mark on paperwork at the doctors office that asks your race, then? If you are german, you are caucasian.

Read the link in the OP. About my friend. And Ascl's reply on his girlfriend. There is a connection there. A "knowledge" we cannot understand...nor can they. Something is missing. What is "it"? Maybe if that was figured out..a lot of this angst could be understood and handled better.

And what if everyone were one skin tone? Would we still find some kind of division? Probably. Religion, culture, environment, etc?

I think it has been there since the beginning of time. I have no answers as to why.

Gracie , Kat ,

There's a book called Black Like Me. It was written by a white guy that, with cosmetic alterations, went undercover as a black man. His experiences showed that people of color are not treated by society the same way that whites are.

You should read it.

Well, I realize it is asinine to pretend there are no races or gender, but we all are the human race. I tend to think of what people call racists, more as bigots.
But, there is something more to it than that, Kat. Something...unfathomable. Scientific, but not yet discovered? A calling of some sort? Dogs evolved from wolves but they are still canine. Bats are rats with wings, that evolved. Is there something in our brains that seeks out "same"? Is that why my friend was so....lonely? Why Ascl felt the way he did so he had to break up with his girlfriend? The torn emotions of mixed race babies? What is "it"?

I do not care about anyone that wants and cheers when cops are killed (Asclepias)!

When you act like a thug how do you expect to be treated?

The stigma of cops has been passed along since the sixties and they are continuing to create the world they live in, by passing it along.

Just like they claim they will never snitch the police. While the 60's are over many need those days to be alive in order to be in power!

Gracie , Kat ,

There's a book called Black Like Me. It was written by a white guy that, with cosmetic alterations, went undercover as a black man. His experiences showed that people of color are not treated by society the same way that whites are.

You should read it.

That sounds super interesting. I may look for it on my Kindle!

Gracie , Kat ,

You should read it.
But that still does not explain the whys and wherefores. A black person can be loved by a white person but still feel...something missing. Like an adopted child is loved by their parents that adopted them, but something is "missing". Like a twin, who lost their sibling at birth but feel a connection to someone not there.

My brain is going to overload in a few, so I might mull on this then blank out. I have my moments of clarity but it never lasts long. Just sayin'.

But, there is something more to it than that, Kat. Something...unfathomable. Scientific, but not yet discovered? A calling of some sort? Dogs evolved from wolves but they are still canine. Bats are rats with wings, that evolved. Is there something in our brains that seeks out "same"? Is that why my friend was so....lonely? Why Ascl felt the way he did so he had to break up with his girlfriend? The torn emotions of mixed race babies? What is "it"?

I wish I had the answer. I doubt anyone does for real.

Yes when one acts/promotes the thug lifestyle how else do you expect people to react?

Forum List

Back