What is “Trumpism”?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

It's mental illness.
Is this “Trumpism”?
eysaip6wkamumue.jpg

Sing it, Roy.

Despite Democratic impeachment managers laying out a methodical case on Wednesday, Senate Republicans seem intent as ever on acquitting Donald Trump over his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Republicans Unswayed By Evidence Trump 'Incited' Mob Against U.S. Capitol

Let History judge those Republicans for their vote

But in the meantime, T**** can continue to twist arms in the Republican party like the thug he is, and Trumpism will continue unabated. That is not an acceptable outcome to me.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?
Is it practicing and living ‘The American Way’?

You don't get to define 'The American Way.' Trumpians believe lies as if they were gullible five year olds, they ignore facts and advocate political violence against Democrats and minorities.

That's a stupid opinion.

That's a stupid rebuttal.

On the contrary. It's insightful. You don't know shit from Shinola shoe polish about what it means to be an American, apparently.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

It's mental illness.
Is this “Trumpism”?
eysaip6wkamumue.jpg
Trumpism is just another term for reactionaryism – the unwarranted fear of positive, beneficial change, the unwarranted fear of diversity and inclusion, and the desire to compel conformity and silence dissent.

Trumpism/reactionaryism is fundamentally authoritarian, seeking to increase the power of the state at the expense of individual liberty in pursuit of the reactionary agenda of white grievance politics.

Trumpism is the pathetic, wrongheaded fantasy of returning America to an idealized past that never actually existed; an America far from ‘ideal’ for Black and Hispanic Americans, gay and transgender Americans, religious minorities, and immigrants.

Unfortunately, the bane of Trumpism won’t soon be gone as far too many Americans are currently consumed by fear, ignorance, and hate - conservatives subscribing to this thread are proof of that.

Sing it, Roy.

Despite Democratic impeachment managers laying out a methodical case on Wednesday, Senate Republicans seem intent as ever on acquitting Donald Trump over his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

But in the meantime, T**** can continue to twist arms in the Republican party like the thug he is, and Trumpism will continue unabated. That is not an acceptable outcome to me.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?

You don't get to define 'The American Way.' Trumpians believe lies as if they were gullible five year olds, they ignore facts and advocate political violence against Democrats and minorities.

That's a stupid opinion.

On the contrary. It's insightful. You don't know shit from Shinola shoe polish about what it means to be an American, apparently.

Sing it, Roy.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?

That's a stupid opinion.

Well, at least I took a stab at saying what it's not. Before calling other people stupid, why don't you try putting that superior intellect of yours to work and say what being American is.

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

:popcorn:
Rid yourself of that extreme case of TDS you’re harboring....it’s time.
You really should be keeping a better eye on the Almost Dead dude in the Oval Office now...we’re four weeks in and you still can’t tell us what action he’s taken to improve America for Americans. I gotta hand it to him though....he’s absolutely killing it for Mexico’s people at the expense of Americans.
Nope. Trumpism is just too historic and too fascinating. You people represent a little, wet, wormy thing, wiggling around in my mental Petri dish.

Poke, observe, poke, observe. Flush.

If you don't like that, too bad.

“Trumpism”....you really like that word...almost as much as you like the phrase “talk radio”.
Trumpism is all things the American Way....isn’t it?

It's hard to imagine things settling down in the GQP, and that was before Trump's recent wild tantrum directed at Mitch McConnell -- which (no one seems to be pointing out) had pretty much nothing to do with McConnell's speech after the trial.

So, what will 2022 look like? Will we see rough inter-party primaries from coast to coast, even where long-standing Republican congressmen are established -- one more traditional Republican, and one Trump-approved Qandidate? How many of those Trump qandidates will win? And if so, how will they do in their general elections?

Further, do we know yet what 2024 will look like? What if the Trump-approved candidates either win or get wiped out? Will that change the dynamic for the party in 2024?

Never a dull moment. All we can do is watch and guess. What do you think may happen?

:popcorn:
Rid yourself of that extreme case of TDS you’re harboring....it’s time.
You really should be keeping a better eye on the Almost Dead dude in the Oval Office now...we’re four weeks in and you still can’t tell us what action he’s taken to improve America for Americans. I gotta hand it to him though....he’s absolutely killing it for Mexico’s people at the expense of Americans.
Nope. Trumpism is just too historic and too fascinating. You people represent a little, wet, wormy thing, wiggling around in my mental Petri dish.

Poke, observe, poke, observe. Flush.

If you don't like that, too bad.

“Trumpism”....you really like that word...almost as much as you like the phrase “talk radio”.
Trumpism is all things the American Way....isn’t it?
No. But you're certainly free to think that!

What is “Trumpism”?
It is a variation of tropism, as when a plant grows toward light. In this case, individuals incline to a form of socio-political manure in order to nourish unexamined and inexplicable "gut feelings".

Is anyone really offended by being labeled a “Trumpster”?
Isn’t that a badge of honor for Trump supporters?
Should we make Mac1958 aware of this?

What is “Trumpism”?
Trump touched on this a bit at CPAC. I’m thinking he’s following this thread.

Trumpism is a farrago.
I would call it a mixture of autocracy, nationalism, demagoguery and reactionary politics.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

It's mental illness.
Is this “Trumpism”?
eysaip6wkamumue.jpg
Trumpism is just another term for reactionaryism – the unwarranted fear of positive, beneficial change, the unwarranted fear of diversity and inclusion, and the desire to compel conformity and silence dissent.

Trumpism/reactionaryism is fundamentally authoritarian, seeking to increase the power of the state at the expense of individual liberty in pursuit of the reactionary agenda of white grievance politics.

Trumpism is the pathetic, wrongheaded fantasy of returning America to an idealized past that never actually existed; an America far from ‘ideal’ for Black and Hispanic Americans, gay and transgender Americans, religious minorities, and immigrants.

Unfortunately, the bane of Trumpism won’t soon be gone as far too many Americans are currently consumed by fear, ignorance, and hate - conservatives subscribing to this thread are proof of that.

1. Except your side has just been asserting that the change is "good" never actually making the case for it. And viciously attacking anyone with any questions.

2. Whites have real interests. That you want to spin them as "grievance politics" and dismiss them, is not valid. That is racism on your part. Real racism.

3. The past is looking a lot brighter than our future. Thanks to people like you. Talking about that, is a valid issue.

Trumpism is a farrago.
I would call it a mixture of autocracy, nationalism, demagoguery and reactionary politics.

It is paleoconservatism. Completely legitimate and those who pretend it is not, are just assholes afraid of being challenged.

Well yes, I'm quite aware of that. I actually got the term from a Trumpster a long time ago.

Trumpsters still whine when I use the term though, so maybe you should take it up with them.

Well yes, I'm quite aware of that. I actually got the term from a Trumpster a long time ago.

Trumpsters still whine when I use the term though, so maybe you should take it up with them.

Well, to be fair, mac, you are a snarky bastard and you could make any term a insult.

Trumpism is a farrago.

It is paleoconservatism. Completely legitimate and those who pretend it is not, are just assholes afraid of being challenged.

That’s fine, it doesn’t render my explanation incorrect.

Trumpism is a farrago.

Sure it does. There is nothing in paleoconservatism about autocracy or demagoguery.

The populism is just Trump's personal style.

Trumpism is a farrago.

Sure it does. There is nothing in paleoconservatism about autocracy or demagoguery.

I agree with him being a paleoconservative.
That said, The aspects I included apply, they aren’t negated. Much of his rhetoric was demagogic by definition and his threat to send troops into the cities was autocratic. That’s in addition, to attempting to keep his office by claim the election was stolen.

Trumpism is a farrago.

That said, The aspects I included apply, they aren’t negated. Much of his rhetoric was demagogic by definition and his threat to send troops into the cities was autocratic.

1. Nope. HIs appeal was based on valid and completely normal policies.

2. Wanting to use troops to stop massive rioting is not autocratic.

Trumpism is a farrago.

That said, The aspects I included apply, they aren’t negated. Much of his rhetoric was demagogic by definition and his threat to send troops into the cities was autocratic.

1. Nope. HIs appeal was based on valid and completely normal policies.

2. Wanting to use troops to stop massive rioting is not autocratic.

Ok, we disagree on this.

Forum List

Back