What is “Trumpism”?

Nope, it's just pointing out your terminal TDS and inability to think for yourself.
See, this is exactly what I was describing. You aren't making an argument, you're just saying I have TDS and ignore everything I've said.

TDS accusations ignore nothing

Ha! What have we learned kids? Don't like what someone says? Just say they have TDS and you don't have to worry about having your preconceptions challenged.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Kinda like how y’all use “TDS” to ignore any alternative opinions and facts?

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )
It’s far more often an ad hominem used only to squash criticism.

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

This isn’t just about you, obviously.

Take this article for example, it was posted here recently.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.
Who said that it would never work just because of Trump?

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.
Again, who was saying it can’t work just because of Trump?

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

Trump’s rhetoric had zero effect on that process.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

TDS is the crutch to ignore reality here.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.
No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

So one set of studies and done right?

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

Horseshit. Cult45 aren't mysterious or deep thinkers. They're just bad pennies.

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble.

3 Peer reviewed studies actually. Here's one. This is why words from the leader of the free world matter...and why he shouldn't be opening his mouth on subjects he hasn't a clue on.

Yes, Trump Defense Syndrome is rampant in this country. It has proven resistant to the drug combination of reason and common sense.

Peer reviewed study right back at ya:

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

See? i can google search and link something I barely read as well!!!!

Yeah that one was already sent to the crapper. You're a bit behind the curve. I think you're the only hack here bud.

Based on the link you sent, the opinion of those in the link.

Can you ever think for yourself, jack-off?

I do. It appears you don't. So I'll leave you to go back to your Trump worship.
Ignore science. Ignore facts. It's sad what Trumpism has done to this country.
The dumbest voting bloc I've seen arise in my lifetime.

What worship? Trump is merely someone who implements or tries to implement more policies I like than ones I don't.

Cult of Personalities are a specialty of the left.

Studies aren't science, they are statistics.

Nope, it's just pointing out your terminal TDS and inability to think for yourself.
See, this is exactly what I was describing. You aren't making an argument, you're just saying I have TDS and ignore everything I've said.

Ha! What have we learned kids? Don't like what someone says? Just say they have TDS and you don't have to worry about having your preconceptions challenged.

You just link studies and pretend to read/understand them.

Selective quoting little twat you are.

No honest person can look at Trump - even if you agree with him on the issues - and pretend that many criticisms of him are not valid, particularly those on his temperament and behaviors.

To pretend that actually isn't derangement. That's not stupidity. That's just outright lying, and proof that these people have and deserve zero (0) credibility.

He's a Queens asshole, like guys I grew up with. Just like Guiliani was the asshole NYC needed back then, Trump was the asshole we need now.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.
True selfishness is a big part of it

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.
Individualism is great. I think the USA has and still stands for that

You'll find “selfishness” lying at the root of individualism.
Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.

What you see and hear is Trump speaking and acting on behalf of a beyond livid Right. Look, I don’t know why you Lefties refuse to process this but I am dead serious when I say it...The Right HATES the Left far more than Hitler ever hated Jews. We view the Left as America’s worst enemy. Trump, like us, aims to attack, expose, insult and offend the Left with EVERYTHING he says and does...it’s why he is so adored by the Right. He, like us, have ZERO interest in ‘working with’ and making deals with the Left.
I know many conservatives and they do not share your hatred... thank god. You are an unhealthy person and your viewpoints are toxic. I do agree with you though, Trump feeds those who think like you, those who are truly deplorable and harvest inner hate for fellow humans just because they have a different viewpoint on life and government. It’s a really sad and ugly thing.

I know you know this; Conservatives, by and large are spineless pussies, you wouldn’t know how they feel about the Left. The nutless fucks don’t even have the sack to tell a by phone soliciting pollster that they plan to vote for Trump.
30 states and 2,623 counties hired a game show host all because he promised to unwind EVERYTHING the most America hating Leftist president in history did while in office...no other reason.
Trust me bud...HATE is not even a strong enough word but you are definitely HATED by ALL Conservatives...again, you are our worse enemy...you make China, Russia look like our best friends.
Many believed they were hiring a businessman and thought they would give him a chance to govern, make deals, build infrastructure, fix healthcare, fix immigration, and be the great unifier that he touted. None of which happened. But you’re right, they got stuck with a game show host, a propagandist and a fraud. He’s got no clue whats going on and his presidency has become all about trolling the left. Dimwits like yourself may get your jollies off that but serious people know that gets us nowhere except in a hole that will take years to dig our way out of. To get things done and function in a healthy way we need healthy relationships between our political parties. That’s a simple fact. War results in destruction, cooperation results in production. Trump is destruction. He needs to go and he will next election

Last edited:

Ha! I spent a lot of years learning how to read medical literature. More years learning how to write medical literature.

Just because you don't know what you're talking about doesn't mean I don't.

As Bannon said, Trump is an imperfect messenger.

But the struggle for "Trumpism" is how can and alt-R message be not racist? Trump's been doing racist shit since the 1970s. Was it inevitable that an Alt-R candidate on economic issues and open borders have John Lewis boycott his inauguration? I think it was possible.

Ha! I spent a lot of years learning how to read medical literature. More years learning how to write medical literature.

Lol, sure thing, "Doctor"

Yeah. That's about it.

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.
No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

Yeah. That's about it.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

3 Peer reviewed studies actually. Here's one. This is why words from the leader of the free world matter...and why he shouldn't be opening his mouth on subjects he hasn't a clue on.

Yes, Trump Defense Syndrome is rampant in this country. It has proven resistant to the drug combination of reason and common sense.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Yeah that one was already sent to the crapper. You're a bit behind the curve. I think you're the only hack here bud.

What worship? Trump is merely someone who implements or tries to implement more policies I like than ones I don't.

Again, Trumpism in action. Ignore science. Ignore facts.
All Hail Donald John Trump! Our Lord and Savior. He alone is correct.
You've been given 3 peer reviewed studies that stated that hydroxychloroquine wasn't effective in treating COVID-19.
You cited a study by Henry Ford that's already been put in the round file by the scientific community.
And still, you persist. :) Willful ignorance?..More like abject worship.

But the struggle for "Trumpism" is how can and alt-R message be not racist? Trump's been doing racist shit since the 1970s. Was it inevitable that an Alt-R candidate on economic issues and open borders have John Lewis boycott his inauguration? I think it was possible.

What "racist shit"? He was honored and wined and dined by the same people accusing him of racism now?

You are arguing a fact not in evidence.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

You've been given 3 peer reviewed studies that stated that hydroxychloroquine wasn't effective in treating COVID-19.
You cited a study by Henry Ford that's already been put in the round file by the scientific community.

Peer reviewed doesn't mean "automatically right". despite how uneducated morons like you toss it around to mean as such.

You would gladly watch people die who could have been helped by Chloroquinine as long as Trump is proven wrong and thrown out of office.

Admit it.

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.
True selfishness is a big part of it

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.
Individualism is great. I think the USA has and still stands for that

You'll find “selfishness” lying at the root of individualism.
Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.

What you see and hear is Trump speaking and acting on behalf of a beyond livid Right. Look, I don’t know why you Lefties refuse to process this but I am dead serious when I say it...The Right HATES the Left far more than Hitler ever hated Jews. We view the Left as America’s worst enemy. Trump, like us, aims to attack, expose, insult and offend the Left with EVERYTHING he says and does...it’s why he is so adored by the Right. He, like us, have ZERO interest in ‘working with’ and making deals with the Left.
I know many conservatives and they do not share your hatred... thank god. You are an unhealthy person and your viewpoints are toxic. I do agree with you though, Trump feeds those who think like you, those who are truly deplorable and harvest inner hate for fellow humans just because they have a different viewpoint on life and government. It’s a really sad and ugly thing.

I know you know this; Conservatives, by and large are spineless pussies, you wouldn’t know how they feel about the Left. The nutless fucks don’t even have the sack to tell a by phone soliciting pollster that they plan to vote for Trump.
30 states and 2,623 counties hired a game show host all because he promised to unwind EVERYTHING the most America hating Leftist president in history did while in office...no other reason.
Trust me bud...HATE is not even a strong enough word but you are definitely HATED by ALL Conservatives...again, you are our worse enemy...you make China, Russia look like our best friends.
Many believed they were hiring a businessman and thought they would give him a chance to govern, make deals, build infrastructure, fix healthcare, fix immigration, and be the great unified that he touted. But you’re right, they got stuck with a game show host, a propagandist and a fraud. He’s got no clue what going on and his presidency has become all about trolling the left. Dimwits like yourself may get your jollies off that but serious people know that gets us nowhere except in a hole that will take years to dig our way out of. To get things done and function in a healthy way we need healthy relationships between our political parties. That’s a simple fact. War results in destruction, cooperation results in production. Trump is destruction. He needs to go and he will next election
Well, I learned forty years ago that Trump is a racist fraud. He's a showman. There's nothing wrong with that, but in the end he's left with nothing but "show." Does anyone rationally thing he spent a lifetime or his health getting the experience for a political/social philosophy to unify America, like a JFK or Reagan or even HW? LOL

I wasn't totally negative towards Bannon's philosophy. But anyone can look at the people who bought in enough to put their careers on the line: Lindsey Graham, McSally, Collins ….

What "racist shit"? He was honored and wined and dined by the same people accusing him of racism now?

yes, yes Marty. the Blacks have always worshiped your golden calf

If it weren't for Trumpism, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Trumpism does not allow Trump to be wrong.

This is the toxicity of seeing everything in a lens of "winning". If hydroxychloroquine doesn't work, Trump feels like he lost. Trumpism doesn't allow Trump to lose, his cult personality is focused around him winning, even if that means distorting reality.

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble

No explanation necessary beyond observing an old, fat, stupid, lazy criminal in the WH on a daily basis

thumb_tds-liberal-trump-should-be-in-jail-me-for-what-62357318.png

Obstruction of justice, enrichment of private business with taxpayer funds, numerous hatch act violations, sexual harassment, rape. Take your pick.

All because you said so?
What court heard these cases?
Do you realize how retarded you sound?

You celebrate corruption in your retarded Orange leadership. You sound like a rat fuck traitor to me, so your opinions about me are academic.

This is like when Trump said Hurricane Dorian was going to hit Alabama. They made NOAA put out a bullshit statement to bend reality to support him.

Trump can never be incorrect.

yes, yes Marty. the Blacks have always worshiped your golden calf

What does worship have to do with it?

You throw around racism accusations without any basis besides your own biases and the current narrative.

If it weren't for Trumpism, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Trumpism does not allow Trump to be wrong.

This is the toxicity of seeing everything in a lens of "winning". If hydroxychloroquine doesn't work, Trump feels like he lost. Trumpism doesn't allow Trump to lose, his cult personality is focused around him winning, even if that means distorting reality.

Why does it have to be an "ism"? Why does his being a blowhard equate him with Hitler?

TDS doesn't allow Trump to win at anything, ever. He has to be wrong, he had to be wrong, he will have to be wrong.

And if not wrong, well then the Ministry of Truth has to correct things to make him wrong.

Forum List

Back