What Is The Democrat Party Vision For America?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Is it the same as Lincoln's, or the Republican's?????
Let's explore exactly what that vision was....and is.

1. From the jump......
The Democrat Party requires an explanation more so than does Lincoln.
Lincoln was the first President from the party created to end slavery, and fight the Democrats to do it.
But for Lincoln and the Republicans, just as it was for the Founders, having the nation survive came first.

2.For the Democrats, the calculation was exactly the opposite: they wanted slavery to survive, and would have been perfectly happy to see two nations, one in the South, one in the North.

Today’s Democrat Party is identical in this view of America, as their desire for open borders, no borders, means the same thing: no America.

There can be no clearer statement of the Democrat intentions than the word of their candidate who ran against Lincoln:
Illinois Democrat Stephen Douglas, of the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates. Northern Democrat Stephen Douglas made his feelings clear:

“Now, I do not believe that the Almighty ever intended the negro to be the equal of the white man. …. He belongs to an inferior race, and must always occupy an inferior position.

I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”
In the First Debate with Lincoln
In the First Debate with Lincoln by Stephen Arnold Douglas. America: II. (1818-1865). Vol. IX. Bryan, William Jennings, ed. 1906. The World's Famous Orations

And,...no....there never was any 'flip' of the racial policies of the two parties.

3.Due to the Democrat’s resistance to freeing their slaves, Lincoln had to make a calculation, a choice, between saving the Union, or freeing the slaves….leaving the latter for a later date.

Here’s the offer he made to the Democrats:
“As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
I would save the Union.
If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them.

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.” Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

So, Lincoln would accede to the wishes of the Democrat Party to save America as a nation.

But…..there were two distinct and very different views in that Democrat Party.

Next.

1. From the jump......
Lincoln was the first President from the party created to end slavery, and fight the Democrats to do it.
But for Lincoln and the Republicans, just as it was for the Founders, having the nation survive came first.

2.For the Democrats, the calculation was exactly the opposite: they wanted slavery to survive, and would have been perfectly happy to see two nations, one in the South, one in the North.

Today’s Democrat Party is identical in this view of America, as their desire for open borders, no borders, means the same thing: no America.

There can be no clearer statement of the Democrat intentions than the word of their candidate who ran against Lincoln:
Illinois Democrat Stephen Douglas, of the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates. Northern Democrat Stephen Douglas made his feelings clear:

“Now, I do not believe that the Almighty ever intended the negro to be the equal of the white man. …. He belongs to an inferior race, and must always occupy an inferior position.

I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”
In the First Debate with Lincoln by Stephen Arnold Douglas. America: II. (1818-1865). Vol. IX. Bryan, William Jennings, ed. 1906. The World's Famous Orations

And,...no....there never was any 'flip' of the racial policies of the two parties.

3.Due to the Democrat’s resistance to freeing their slaves, Lincoln had to make a calculation, a choice, between saving the Union, or freeing the slaves….leaving the latter for a later date.

“As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
I would save the Union.
If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them.

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.” Abraham Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley

So, Lincoln would accede to the wishes of the Democrat Party to save America as a nation.

Next.
You want a vision of America for the Democrat Party?

Here it is

President Obama Speaks to the Muslim World from Cairo, Egypt

ISIS Proclaims Islamic Flag Will Soon Fly Over White House

"You want a vision of America for the Democrat Party?"

If 'you' is the specif 'you',,,meaning me.....no, I really don't.

I want the America we envisioned when we voted for President Trump.

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.
It would appear that at least half the Founding Fathers believed as Stephen Douglas did.."I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”

However, you make the mistake of ignoring the flip of both political parties in general currently, and also of the agreements of bipartisanship on the issue a anti-slavery down thru the years.

What was your vision as you voted to elect Trump, Ms Chic? What specifics did you vote for?

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.
It would appear that at least half the Founding Fathers believed as Stephen Douglas did.."I believe this government was made on the white basis. I believe it was made by white men for the benefit of white men and their posterity for ever; and I am in favor of confining citizenship to white men, ….”

However, you make the mistake of ignoring the flip of both political parties in general currently, and also of the agreements of bipartisanship on the issue a anti-slavery down thru the years.

Losing more democrats to trump. Lol

Kentucky voter registration stats say no. A ‘blue wave’? Kentucky voter registration stats say no

Evans is one of thousands of Kentucky voters who have switched their registrations to Republican in recent years. Since Trump took office in January 2017, Democrats have lost more than 2,500 registered voters statewide while Republicans have added more than 58,000. This year, for the first time in memory, Democrats fell below 50 percent of all registered voters in the state.

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.
You want a vision of America for the Democrat Party?

Here it is

President Obama Speaks to the Muslim World from Cairo, Egypt

ISIS Proclaims Islamic Flag Will Soon Fly Over White House

What? No pictures of Charlottesville or Charleston church or the Murrah building in OK City?

What American vision is that? More government solutions? Do you realize that is what he is offering?

Yes, yes. I get the deregulation and tax cuts and keeping the progressives out of the SCOTUS. But really, given the budget he signed and his willingness to cave on issues regarding federal spending? Not a vision I want, which is why I did not vote for him.

Let Me see him reduce or eliminate a few branches of government and end spending dollars on foreign countries who hate us, and put an end to baseline budgeting.

I'll reconsider him then.

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.

Losing more democrats to trump. Lol

Kentucky voter registration stats say no. A ‘blue wave’? Kentucky voter registration stats say no

Evans is one of thousands of Kentucky voters who have switched their registrations to Republican in recent years. Since Trump took office in January 2017, Democrats have lost more than 2,500 registered voters statewide while Republicans have added more than 58,000. This year, for the first time in memory, Democrats fell below 50 percent of all registered voters in the state.
I never predict. But I AM hoping for a blue wave.

What Is The Democrat Party Vision For America?
One Word: Venezuela

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.

Based on that post, one would conclude that you are a government school grad.

You couldn't be more wrong about the Founders.

Take notes...

It was created based on this:
We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Jefferson

Now, for your education....begin by looking up 'manumission.'

Usually, the ‘Founders’ refers to these six: Madison, Jefferson and Washington, Adams, Hamilton, and Franklin.

1. The three non-Southerners worked tirelessly against slavery.
  2. While reading Ron Chernow’s book Alexander Hamilton, though, I found out that Hamilton was a strong advocate for the abolition of slavery. During the 1780s, Hamilton was one of the founders of the New York Society for Promoting the Manumission of Slaves, which was instrumental in the abolition of slavery in the state of New York. After reading about Alexander Hamilton’s work for the New York Manumission Society, I gained a greater appreciation of Alexander Hamiltonhttp://angelolopez.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/alexander-hamilton-and-the-new-york-manumission-society/
  3. Many of the other Founding Fathers were activists like Alexander Hamilton. In 1787Benjamin Franklin agree to serve as president of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society, which set out to abolish slavery and set up programs to help freed slaves to become good citizens and improve the conditions of free African Americans. On February 12, 1790, Benjamin Franklin and the Pennsylvania Abolition Society presented a petition to the House of Representatives calling for the federal government to take steps for the gradual abolition of slavery and end the slave trade. As a young lawyer, Thomas Jefferson represented a slave in court attempting to be set free and during the 1770s and 1780s, Jefferson had many several attempts to pass legislation to gradually abolish slavery and end the slave trade. John Jay was the first president of the New York Manumission Society and was active in Society’s efforts to abolish slavery. Ibid.
2. An excellent read on the matter is a brilliant book called Miracle in Philadelphia, by Catherine Drinker Bowen, which recounts the actual history and debates around the Constitutional Convention in 1787.

Slavery was a huge issue during that convention, and many of the Founding Fathers wanted it outlawed, but ran into an impasse after many hours of debate with the southern colonies whose agricultural productivity depended on it.

The Founders who wanted to set the stage for the abolition of slavery came up with a compromise involving the issue of apportionment.

The southern colonies that favored slavery wanted all residents of their states, slave and free, counted equally when it came to deciding how many seats they were going to receive in Congress. Some of the northern colonies, who mostly had few slaves and thus nothing to lose didn’t want slave residents counted at all.

The Founder’s compromise was to count each slave as 3/5 of a man for the purposes of apportionment, and when that passed after a great deal more debate and lobbying, legislators from the slave states were permanently limited to a minority. With that one stroke, the state was set for slavery’s eventual demise, and the proof of how effective it was came in 1804, when the slave states were powerless to stop Congress from outlawing the importation of slaves to the new nation.

The stage was set, even if it took 70 years and a bloody war.
Big Journalism Articles - Breitbart

The Democrat Politicians exploit the hate of Democrat Voters who loath rich people, white people and Christians.
Their vision for America is a totalitarian far left government.
They want an amoral culture.
In our state the worst parts are run by the Democrats and best parts are run by the Republicans.

1. From the jump......

I would save the Union.

Next.

"However, you make the mistake of ignoring the flip of both political parties in general currently, ..."

No, the Democrats have always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship....right up to this very day.

The lie spread by the Democrats is that in the 60s, the Republicans suddenly became the racist party.

Here are irrefutable facts, proof that only dopes believe the lie:

These are the anti-racism policies of the Nixon campaign circa 1960...

How would you explain this:

Facts are that the Republicans were clearly the anti-racist party, and this appealed to righteous Southerners.

See if you can deny this:
Let’s blow the Democrat lie about a ‘Southern Strategy to get the racist vote’ out of the water.

Time to see just how 'racist' Nixon and the GOP were during that 'Southern Strategy' farrago.

“Tom Wicker, the progressive columnist for the New York Times, gave his appraisal of Nixon’s desegregation efforts. “There’s no doubt about it—the Nixon administration accomplished more in 1970 to desegregate Southern school systems than had been done in the 16 previous years or probably since. There’s no doubt either that it was Richard Nixon personally who conceived, orchestrated and led the administration’sdesegregation effort . . . .That effort resulted in probably the outstanding domestic achievement of his administration.”

The Nixon Administration went even further, putting into effect the nation’s first affirmative action program. Dubbed the Philadelphia Plan,it imposed racial goals and timetables on the building trade unions first in Philadelphia and then throughout the country. Basically, Nixon moved to kick in the closed union door and to force racist Democratic unions to admit blacks.

The progressive legal scholar Neal Devins admits that Nixon’s Philadelphia Plan is “the genesis of affirmative action in government contracting and arguably all federal affirmative action programs.” The Switch That Never Happened: How the South Really Went GOP - American Greatness

Soooo.....you claim racists voted for those proposals????????

Kind of makes is laughable to try to paint the Republicans as racist, huh?

One must be quite a moron to believe that propaganda.

What was your vision as you voted to elect Trump, Ms Chic? What specifics did you vote for?

Simple....to have the most conservative presidency possible.

And, it has come to pass.

Here's a dozen reasons:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

What American vision is that? More government solutions? Do you realize that is what he is offering?

Yes, yes. I get the deregulation and tax cuts and keeping the progressives out of the SCOTUS. But really, given the budget he signed and his willingness to cave on issues regarding federal spending? Not a vision I want, which is why I did not vote for him.

Let Me see him reduce or eliminate a few branches of government and end spending dollars on foreign countries who hate us, and put an end to baseline budgeting.

I'll reconsider him then.

See if this helps.

60. "US private sector added 250,000 jobs in Dec, vs estimate of 190,000: ADP

The report helped send the Dow to break the 25,000 mark for the first time."

Private sector job creation surged in December as holiday shopping boomed

61. "Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump" Hispanic unemployment at all-time low under Trump

"Black Unemployment Rate Lowest in 17 Years"
Black Unemployment Rate Lowest in 17 Years

Maybe you remember this nightmare:
Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl
62."Customers Get A Break As Utilities' Tax Bill Drops
Tax savings for the industry are expected to be substantial. The Penn Wharton Budget Model at the University of Pennsylvania said utilities will pay $1.1 billion less in taxes this year than if the law had not been enacted, $1.9 billion less in 2019 and more than $5 billion less in 2020.
Numerous state regulatory agencies in the U.S. are similarly cutting rates to reflect lower taxes."
Customers Get A Break As Utilities' Tax Bill Drops
63. "U.S. Manufacturing Output Rose in December for Fourth Month
...the strongest quarter since 2010 and underscoring a resurgence in manufacturing that’s primed for further advances, Federal Reserve data showed Wednesday.
Factory output increased at a 7 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter,..."
U.S. Manufacturing Output Rose in December for Fourth Month

This....since we got rid of that dead weight President, Hussein

What happens when you kick out the tax-and-spend Democrats?

This:

64. "It looks like Apple is bringing back home nearly all of its $250 billion in foreign cash

Trump.....unbelievable!!!!

He won again!!!!

65. "China's Xi Jinping says tariffs on car imports will be cut this year

Chinese President Xi Jinping on Tuesday said his government would "significantly lower" tariffs on vehicle imports this year as part of efforts to further open its giant economy to the world.

The pledge addresses one of the gripes of US President Donald Trump, who has threatened to impose new tariffs on $150 billion of Chinese goods in a trade dispute between the world's two largest economies. Experts cautioned, though, that Xi's comments may not do much to resolve the conflict, which has rocked markets in recent weeks."

China's Xi Jinping says tariffs on car imports will be cut this year

No wonder the Left hates him!!!!!!

66. Can you imagine the ticker-tape parades if Hussein had had these achievements??????

"Jobless claims rise modestly; Americans receiving unemployment aid lowest since 1973

67. Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June
68. “GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY” GREAT AGAIN: More Jobs than WORKERS for the First Time In US HISTORY | Sean Hannity

69. "Dow surges more than 150 points in sudden move after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war"

Dow surges more than 150 points after Trump reportedly gets concessions from EU to avoid a trade war

70. "U.S. Growth Hits 4.1%, Fastest Since 2014, in Win for Trump"

Terms of Service Violation

“We are now on track to reach GDP annual growth of over 3%... Each point, by the way, means approximately $3 trillion and 10 million jobs,” @POTUS says https://cbsn.ws/2JZ4YIt

CBS News on Twitter

71. "Pence and other Trump enthusiasts can point to increasing macroeconomic growth. Growth rose 4.1 percent in the second quarter and is up more than 3 percent for the year. Unemployment was down to 3.9 percent in July. The S&P 500 stock index is up 6 percent since the Trump presidency, while the rest of the world's stock markets are down 6 percent. These are numbers any recent administration would boast about.

More notable are positive trends among subgroups that weren't doing so well before Trump took office. Former Obama administration chief economic adviser Jason Furman, writing for Vox, notes that in the past three years "recent wage growth ... at the low end of the wage scale" is stronger than growth among the higher-paid. Similarly, Bloomberg columnist and portfolio manager Conor Sen makes the point that job growth has been greatest among "goods-producing workers and the least-educated workers."

Michael Barone - Has Trump Delivered on His Economic Promises?

72. “Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter The central bank district estimates that GDP will increase 5 percent for the July-to-September period, according to an update posted Wednesday.

If the forecast is accurate, it will come on top of a strong 4.1 percent second quarter…” Atlanta Fed predicts 5% jump in economic growth for third quarter

73. “Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high”
Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well.

74. “But it’s not just Trump giving himself credit for the strong economy – economists are as well. CNBC called the American economy a “tremendous achievement” for Trump, highlighting that “during his time in office, the economy has achieved feats most experts thought impossible. GDP is growing at a 3-percent plus rate. The unemployment rate is near a 50-year low. Meanwhile, the stock market has jumped 27 percent amid a surge in corporate profits.” Obama Complains About Trump Taking Credit for Strong Economy

Forum List

Back