CDZ What is the Compromise to Roe v Wade?

The compromise is let's states decide their own rules. That's as close as your ever going to get. Some states will allow abortion, some won't.

There is no compromise on something like this that will make everyone happy. It's impossible. You're either ok with ending the life of a child or youre not, there is no middle ground on that really.

24 weeks your allowed to get an abortion, thats the time someone could live outside of the womb. Actually it was 23 week and that is rare. Most choose not to. Do you know most abortion are done in the first trimester, and women have their own children. It should be not left up to states.
24 Weeks is the SIXTH MONTH!! Of course SHERI would approve. That's what a DEMORAT does. EXACTLY why it should be left up to the States

"I'm getting sick and tired of people who are unvaccinated. I wish them to all die and also to bypass the hospitals. Die at home."--Penelope, Jan 18th 2022

Is there a compromise? Should Congress step in? Who is able to lead us to a solution?

Congress should've stepped in 50 years ago. There's some question as to whether this issue ought to be resolved at the state level and let them go their own way vs federal legislation. Not everything has to be or ought to be a constitutional right, maybe we are better off allowing Congress and/or the states to create their own rights and modify them as needed in the future.

The compromise is let's states decide their own rules. That's as close as your ever going to get. Some states will allow abortion, some won't.

There is no compromise on something like this that will make everyone happy. It's impossible. You're either ok with ending the life of a child or youre not, there is no middle ground on that really.
Compromises never make everyone happy that's the entire point of compromising.

24 Weeks is the SIXTH MONTH!! Of course SHERI would approve. That's what a DEMORAT does. EXACTLY why it should be left up to the States

"I'm getting sick and tired of people who are unvaccinated. I wish them to all die and also to bypass the hospitals. Die at home."--Penelope, Jan 18th 2022
you do realize that only 1% or less of all abortions take place after week 21 right?

Ah, so you just want government small enough to fit in a woman's uterus... got it.

Nope, I'm one of the compromise people, not an absolutist.

12-15 weeks for birth control abortions, past that only for life threatening issues for the mother or fetus. Rape and incest are covered by the 12-15 week birth control one.

No government money for birth control abortions, parental notifications for girls under 18.

Nope, I'm one of the compromise people, not an absolutist.

12-15 weeks for birth control abortions, past that only for life threatening issues for the mother or fetus. Rape and incest are covered by the 12-15 week birth control one.

No government money for birth control abortions, parental notifications for girls under 18.
"Birth Control" abortions. Take the morning after pill. Of course some will be taking the pill every morning.

Was an adult when abortion was illegal, why any woman would delude her self that going back to those days will make life better or improve the life's of woman.
Never have known a single person who believes that killing baby's is ok.
The fact that you are willing to lie & show impossible photos of early pregnancy as full formed baby's( part of the what ever works to win thinking.) How ever it turns out We all will suffer from the dishonesty.

If the mother's life is in danger or the fetus has some sort of terminal abnormality there should be no time limit.

These cases are so rare that the exception to the rule will not statistically change the overall numbers
Anytime the mother is in danger via dictors is fine by me. But even though the are small numbers the healthy ones are barbarism to me late term.

Is there a compromise? Should Congress step in? Who is able to lead us to a solution?

So, 15 weeks? Allow late term abortions? Keep federal money out of abortions? Require classes before deciding, show all aspects of an abortion, the good and bad, physically, mentally and spiritually?

I am not sure what my answer is but we are going to get a solution whether we like one or not.

Life of the mother.....if women don't want a baby they can give the baby up for adoption, by private parties or the government....

Life of the mother.....if women don't want a baby they can give the baby up for adoption, by private parties or the government....
If a mother doesn't want to be responsible for a baby, abortion is acceptable, so if the man doesn't want to be responsible, why is it a problem?

If a mother doesn't want to be responsible for a baby, abortion is acceptable, so if the man doesn't want to be responsible, why is it a problem?

If a woman has an abortion, the question is moot except IMHO the man oughta be responsible for part of the cost of the abortion.

But if she gives birth and keeps the baby then the man is just as responsible for the cost of the child rearing as she is. If she doesn't keep the baby, say she gives the child up for adoption then she and the dad are off the hook. If she gives the baby to the father then he is assuming the responsibility for the child.

Does that include preborn babies too? There are several states that allow abortion right up to birth.
Just because it is allowed in no way means it is practiced.

1% or less of all abortions take place after the 21st week

Just because it is allowed in no way means it is practiced.

1% or less of all abortions take place after the 21st week

Are you aware that every democrat recent democrat-controlled Senate except for Joe Manchin supported the S.4132, Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022? A similar bill passed the House last year and both of them would not only codify Roe but would go beyond what Roe currently permits by overriding nearly every state-level abortion restriction, including those that have been held up by courts with Roe intact. IOW, pretty much unrestricted abortion. And several states already have such laws, so you do know people who believe that killing babies is ok.

Are you aware that every democrat recent democrat-controlled Senate except for Joe Manchin supported the S.4132, Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022? A similar bill passed the House last year and both of them would not only codify Roe but would go beyond what Roe currently permits by overriding nearly every state-level abortion restriction, including those that have been held up by courts with Roe intact. IOW, pretty much unrestricted abortion. And several states already have such laws, so you do know people who believe that killing babies is ok.
Even if it is unrestricted the number of women getting late term abortions is 1% or less.

So why not pass a bill that denies late term abortions?
because if the life of the mother is at risk or the fetus develops a terminal abnormality the option needs to be available.

And the fact that is is so rare an occurrence indicates that the option is not needed very often but it is still needed

I am hardcore Pro Life.

I think everybody on both sides would agree that abortions for legitimate medical reasons where the life of mother is in jeopardy should be allowed.

I am against abortion for rape and incest because a child should not be put to death for the crimes of the parents.

However, I would be willing to compromise on rape and incest if the pro death side would give up the obsession for abortion on demand for the sake of convenience.

Forum List

Back