What Is The Biggest Drawback Of Atheism?

Do you have a link for those, so that I may see for myself?
The Flood.- Is a retelling of the more ancient tale of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
The Sumerian Flood Myth: Epic of Gilgamesh

Baby in the basket- Is a retelling of the tale of Sargon of Akkad.
The Legend of Sargon of Akkad

Virgin birth- Parrels the myth of the birth of Horus.
Horus

The Resurrection- is a retelling of the resurrection of Osiris.
Osiris

The Last supper- Is a rendition of a Norse mythology story. Where the 13th member to join a feast, betrays the “life giver”. Loki/Judas.
Balder | Norse mythology

There are sources galore for you to find if you are so curious. I chose only these for for my own convenience. Feel free to pursue further, at your own effort. What’s more is these examples are but a very few, when compared to the totality of all the rewritten tales that have been repackage into “The Bible”.

Because the last supper occurred at least 1000 years before the account of Balder.
So the story might have one believe. The writer can claim any date they like. It does nothing to add to the veracity of the claim.
Which writer?
Indeed...
Exactly. Which is how I know you have never given this any serious consideration.

Ok, so then you believe the 24,000 written manuscripts detailing the 3 1/2 year ministry, death and resurrection are what?
Inconsequential...
You believe 24,000 written manuscripts that detailed the 3 1/2 year ministry of Jesus, his death and resurrection are inconsequential?

Why?
Because the story’s been told before...
Actually it hasn’t. What about all of the parables that Jesus taught? Who was that stolen from?
What of the parables he was purported to have told? The Jesus character is hardly purported to have been the inventor of parable...
Who were the parables stolen from?

The biggest drawback of atheism is it sets the stage for the deification of man.
Atheism has sex before marriage. :2up:

Are all atheists hedonistic? There are probably some atheist that do not like STD's.
I never got one.
Probably because you think you are God.
No, it's because I only banged fine women.
I wasn’t talking about STD’s, Taz.

Nobody has ever claimed we came from monkeys
T Rex does taste like chicken
you need to tell that to all the scientist that claim it,,,and if you know what t-rex tastes like that means they still exist with man

View attachment 282123
No scientist ever claimed we came from monkeys
Only religious nuts

I googled evolution of man and this is the image it gives me,,,

maybe its you thats the ignorant one?? and from our past conversations thats most likely the case,,,,

View attachment 282128
Your problem is you seem to think that all primates are monkeys. Thats retarded.
not as retarded as thinking humans used to be primates,,,

I used monkey for RW's benefit,,but your right the proper lie is primates

Not used to be primates. Are primates.

The biggest drawback of atheism is it sets the stage for the deification of man.
Atheism has sex before marriage. :2up:

Are all atheists hedonistic? There are probably some atheist that do not like STD's.
I never got one.
Well, some of the bitches did yell out "OH GOD!". :highfive:

I never got one.
Good to know.

Another of your emotional outbursts. It was clear why the boy cuts and pastes images without attribution. The images are phony / edited.

Being angry is not good. The red eye is not a good look. You don't want to be a monkey woman. That's not a good look either. Some of the other guys here are fine with the monkey boy look.

How science ever got this way is not important, but your atheist scientists eliminated their competition. The main competing theory explained the world better than a big bang that makes no sound from some invisible particle. You can't even get an invisible particle with no space and time. Then it turns into light, air, sun, moon, Earth, stars, and more in just the right places for some reason.

you have no idea what was written on those tablets, they were destroyed which in itself would be inexplicable were they actually written for humanity by its creator - proving again the deceit of all three desert religions.

They were given to the head honcho of the Jews -- MOSES!!! Are you saying he is a LIAR in front of all these people? Blasphemy or birkat hashem against God was punishable by death before, but now you get called megaddef. Heck, it sounds like megadeath. Holy guacamole!!!

Here's the rule today:
"To insult the Torah or Moses, the other prophets, or the sages of Israel is also held to be a serious offense but this is, at the most, an extension of the original blasphemy law and is not covered by the death penalty, even in theory. In Christian Europe the Church, on the other hand, extended the law of blasphemy to Blessings and Curses cover any denial of God or denigration of the Christian religion, and Islam regarded it as covering any attack on the personality of Muhammad, as in the Salman Rushdie case."

Blasphemy in Judaism | My Jewish Learning
you have no idea what was written on those tablets, they were destroyed which in itself would be inexplicable were they actually written for humanity by its creator - proving again the deceit of all three desert religions.

They were given to the head honcho of the Jews -- MOSES!!! ... Are you saying he is a LIAR in front of all these people?

what was written on the tablets bond, it was the reiteration of the religion of antiquity you are in contempt of the Almighty, christian.

yes, he is a liar to the specific subject the tablets were given to humanity not to the heretic.

In Christian Europe the Church, on the other hand, extended the law of blasphemy to Blessings and Curses cover any denial of God or denigration of the Christian religion, and Islam regarded it as covering any attack on the personality of Muhammad, as in the Salman Rushdie case."

there is no christian religion only a 4th century book written by sociopaths ... you're one of them - whistleblowers are the one's your religion crucifies.

The Flood.- Is a retelling of the more ancient tale of the Epic of Gilgamesh.
The Sumerian Flood Myth: Epic of Gilgamesh

Baby in the basket- Is a retelling of the tale of Sargon of Akkad.
The Legend of Sargon of Akkad

Virgin birth- Parrels the myth of the birth of Horus.
Horus

The Resurrection- is a retelling of the resurrection of Osiris.
Osiris

The Last supper- Is a rendition of a Norse mythology story. Where the 13th member to join a feast, betrays the “life giver”. Loki/Judas.
Balder | Norse mythology

There are sources galore for you to find if you are so curious. I chose only these for for my own convenience. Feel free to pursue further, at your own effort. What’s more is these examples are but a very few, when compared to the totality of all the rewritten tales that have been repackage into “The Bible”.

Because the last supper occurred at least 1000 years before the account of Balder.
So the story might have one believe. The writer can claim any date they like. It does nothing to add to the veracity of the claim.
Which writer?
Indeed...
Exactly. Which is how I know you have never given this any serious consideration.
This has been research by myself long ago. Still peruse aspects of it today, when points of interest arise. It's interesting stuff. But I've moved on long ago...
Consider the statement that "you know" what I've considered... Then realize the absurdity of such a claim. Now juxtapose that same mindset against what "you know" as it concerns the book, "The Bible". The conclusion should be apparent...

You selected the wrong smilie :eusa_liar:. Any atheist who gets on a R&E forum to brag about sexual conquests is :eusa_liar:. You also wear th_clown_shoes.jpg so we know.

what was written on the tablets bond, it was the reiteration of the religion of antiquity you are in contempt of

Show us your tablet. I already got one goober making up his own commandments, but no tablet and has no one to give them to. You sound like you got a tablet with no commandments.

Another of your emotional outbursts. It was clear why the boy cuts and pastes images without attribution. The images are phony / edited.

Being angry is not good. The red eye is not a good look. You don't want to be a monkey woman. That's not a good look either. Some of the other guys here are fine with the monkey boy look.

How science ever got this way is not important, but your atheist scientists eliminated their competition. The main competing theory explained the world better than a big bang that makes no sound from some invisible particle. You can't even get an invisible particle with no space and time. Then it turns into light, air, sun, moon, Earth, stars, and more in just the right places for some reason.

Actually, how science got this way is very important. Investigation of the natural world was aided immensely with the waning influence of the Christian church. The embracing of the scientific method, combined with the academic and intellectual freedoms of the Renaissance and the Age of Enlightenment is what shaped Western culture and allowed the advances in the physical sciences, art, culture we see today. The Renaissance and the Age of Enlightenment combined to supplant the fears and superstitions of religious dogma with knowledge and understanding.

The universe is actually a very violent place and things are not in all the right places. The illusion of a benign, ordered "finely tuned" universe is primarily an artifact of scale. We live in a profoundly violent and chaotic universe, but are spared direct experience with most of that chaos because it occurs on cosmic and geologic time scales, while we exist on a human time scale. This (luckily for us) means most of us expend our lifetimes in the brief moments of calm between supernovae, asteroid impact, and cometary bombardment. A perfect universe hardly requires mass extinctions via meteor impact. Remember Shoemaker-Levy? Ever hear of that little dalliance that occurred on this planet 65 million years so.

Pass that on to the charlatans at creation.com

Actually, how science got this way is very important. Investigation of the natural world was aided immensely with the waning influence of the Christian church. The embracing of the scientific method, combined with the academic and intellectual freedoms of the Renaissance and the Age of Enlightenment is what shaped Western culture and allowed the advances in the physical sciences, art, culture we see today. The Renaissance and the Age of Enlightenment combined to supplant the fears and superstitions of religious dogma with knowledge and understanding.

The universe is actually a very violent place and things are not in all the right places. The illusion of a benign, ordered "finely tuned" universe is primarily an artifact of scale. We live in a profoundly violent and chaotic universe, but are spared direct experience with most of that chaos because it occurs on cosmic and geologic time scales, while we exist on a human time scale. This (luckily for us) means most of us expend our lifetimes in the brief moments of calm between supernovae, asteroid impact, and cometary bombardment. A perfect universe hardly requires mass extinctions via meteor impact. Remember Shoemaker-Levy? Ever hear of that little dalliance that occurred on this planet 65 million years so.

Pass that on to the charlatans at creation.com

bravo!

God is a theory of how the world was created. A theory that is unsupported by any scientific proof

Evolution, is a FACT. It happened and is still happening. It is supported by reams of scientific evidence including biology, DNA, fossil and geologic proof
NO ITS NOT OR YOU WOULDNT BE KEEPING THE PROOF A SECRET,,,
It is hardly a secret that life forms on earth have gotten more complex over time
prove it??
Prove what?

That rock strata shows increasingly complex creatures?
as this picture show strata means nothing other than layers formed,,
according to your thinking this tree stood for millions of yrs without rotting while layers formed

View attachment 282129
Sorry but polystrate fossils are well known by geologists and can usually be easily recognized.

We are here and have a sequence of how it was done.
Actually, as a creationist, you have nothing. Your 'sequence' is at odds with what we see with our own eyes, and you have no 'how' whatsoever. Saying 'God did it' say nothing about how God did it.

Ok, so then you believe the 24,000 written manuscripts detailing the 3 1/2 year ministry, death and resurrection are what?
They are theological texts written down hundreds of years after the events. They are NOT historical. Did Washington chop down that cherry tree or is it a myth to show he was honest?

NO ITS NOT OR YOU WOULDNT BE KEEPING THE PROOF A SECRET,,,
It is hardly a secret that life forms on earth have gotten more complex over time
prove it??
Prove what?

That rock strata shows increasingly complex creatures?
as this picture show strata means nothing other than layers formed,,
according to your thinking this tree stood for millions of yrs without rotting while layers formed

View attachment 282129
Sorry but polystrate fossils are well known by geologists and can usually be easily recognized.

any dumbass can see them,, but explaining how they managed to not rot over millions of yrs is another thing

Forum List

Back