What is the answer to covid?

Normally, I would say let Mother Nature go about her business and do her thing.

Mother Nature has a way of weeding out the weak. It's like...her thing? You know?

But...then I remember that we're not really dealing with Mother Nature here.

For instance...

Rand Paul - “You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, and you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” :26:

Anthony Fauci - “That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially”:yapyapyapf:

So. Now it seems we have to revert to studying history to see how people dealt with those who have medically experimented with humanity in unethical ways in the past.

In doing so, we find this thing called the Nuremberg Code.

Which should naturally lead us to ask, hey, what's that thing for? Why does it exist? What's that all about?

In turn, that should lead us to a bunch of people being hanged in order to deter this sort of thing in the future.

Then a light bulb should come on and everyone would naturally say ah haaaaa!!!! I see!!! Hm!

Last edited:
Really I see no point in debating the best way to patch a flat tire when the motor has been sabotaged.

At this point, you really do have to just go on with your life. The damage has been done.

The problem now is that government is capitalizing on said damage in an effort to expand its power in ways that we have never before seen.

What we're gonna do about that is actually the more relevant question.

We're far, far beyond the 'covid problem' being the actual problem at this point.

Last edited:
I have seen so many demanding to be able to go mask free.

I have seen so many calling the vaccine everything from an outright killer to completely ineffective.

So what is the answer? What should we do to fight this pandemic?

Don't come it with requests to prosecute Fauci or blame China. None of that will do anything to help against this pandemic. And spare me the "It is just the flu" bullshit.

I am calling on those who fight against the steps that have been taken to provide an alternative.

What should we do to fight the covid pandemic?

I worked in health care 30 plus years. The last 8 in a big city ER. It is just the flu. True lethality is .2%. Seasonal flu depending on the year is anywhere from .05 to .2.

I know you won't accept my answer, but those are the facts. Covid has been hyped beyond belief. Even the CDC admits 90% of the deaths they labelled as Covid deaths were those who died with Covid, not from Covid.

But hey, believe what the media tells you if you want. They're always telling the truth. :D

Mask up, get vaccinated, but please do not shut down the economy. Do not start mandating to families not to host or attend holidays, weddings, or funerals.

Obama didn’t do it. We can all be sophisticated, vaccinated, too.

No, my answer was to get fully vaccinated and let it be. I do not share your militant zeal to dictate what others must do.

Let it ride it's course, and ffs, don't try to increase the power of the state (every liberals wet dream) over something there's not much more anyone can do

Between my OP and my post saying you said "Do nothing", you posted 3 times.
Post #8 “Step two; stop reading Daily Kos.”

Post #13 “Well said.” (In response to someone saying vaccination is a good idea, but they should not be mandatory)

Post #18 “It's causation, pure and simple. Stay ignorant if you wish. As the old country song puts it, it ain't nuthin' to me.”

If your "Well said" was intended to be a recommendation to be vaccinated, it was certainly vague.

I have seen so many calling the vaccine everything from an outright killer to completely ineffective.

Don't come it with requests to prosecute Fauci or blame China. None of that will do anything to help against this pandemic. And spare me the "It is just the flu" bullshit.

I am calling on those who fight against the steps that have been taken to provide an alternative.

Fuck Covid. We need a war on psoriasis !

Between my OP and my post saying you said "Do nothing", you posted 3 times.
Post #8 “Step two; stop reading Daily Kos.”

Post #13 “Well said.” (In response to someone saying vaccination is a good idea, but they should not be mandatory)

Post #18 “It's causation, pure and simple. Stay ignorant if you wish. As the old country song puts it, it ain't nuthin' to me.”

If your "Well said" was intended to be a recommendation to be vaccinated, it was certainly vague.
Listen kid, no one gives a rat's ass what you or I recommend or what we think should be done. Still, you really should stop reading the Daily Kos. I got vaccinated and I think others should but I sure as hell am not going Nazi about either one. No one gives a shit.

Listen kid, no one gives a rat's ass what you or I recommend or what we think should be done. Still, you really should stop reading the Daily Kos. I got vaccinated and I think others should but I sure as hell am not going Nazi about either one. No one gives a shit.

Hey numbnuts, the fact that you claim to know what I read or watch is laughable.

I don't read Daily Kos or whatever. I don't watch any network or cable tv. But you keep right on venting your hostility. I'm sure it will help.

Now we know that we can't count on around 40% of the population to be inconvenienced, and we know that they simply don't care what that means to others. I'd imagine that this will make vaccines far less effective for the rest of us, as stronger and stronger variants are allowed to grow.

There's really no way of knowing how switching from pandemic to endemic will play out. Hopefully medical science will learn and grow as the virus does, and hopefully treatments will get better and better.

We have to proceed under the assumption that many Americans just don't give a shit. Maybe the strength of the virus will fade over time.

Hey numbnuts, the fact that you claim to know what I read or watch is laughable.

I don't read Daily Kos or whatever. I don't watch any network or cable tv. But you keep right on venting your hostility. I'm sure it will help.

Not flaming, just curious. You seem very afraid of Covid. If you are under age 75 and in reasonably good health the odds of you dying from Covid is on par with drowning in your bath tub.

Now if you're elderly, morbidly obese, have COPD, diabetes, or CHF, then like the seasonal flu, you are at substantially higher risk.

This is not brain surgery. Covid is not the Black Plague. If you are in a higher risk group take sensible precautions. This is what should have been done to begin with. But again, the hype and misinformation has been off the charts.

Not flaming, just curious. You seem very afraid of Covid. If you are under age 75 and in reasonably good health the odds of you dying from Covid is on par with drowning in your bath tub.

Now if you're elderly, morbidly obese, have COPD, diabetes, or CHF, then like the seasonal flu, you are at substantially higher risk.

This is not brain surgery. Covid is not the Black Plague. If you are in a higher risk group take sensible precautions. This is what should have been done to begin with. But again, the hype and misinformation has been off the charts.

I am not very afraid. I am vaccinated and take basic precautions. But my life is pretty much the same as it was.

In the last 4 days I have lost 2 friends to covid. So it is on my mind a bit more. I also see so much hostility and arguing about it all that I thought I would ask the board what they thought would bethe best action to take.

My thoughts.

If you want to get vaccinated, wear a mask, and social distance...do that.

If you want to take your chances, skip the vaccine and masks... welcome to America... you're free to do that as well.

You posted a Daily Kos link on another thread idiot. Oh yeah, you're not gay either, right?

Liar

Forum List

Back