What is Sin?

To me the idea of a personal Jesus is ludicrous. If gods exist they really don't care about the lives of us mere mortals
Shrug. And there you are wrong.

I understand that you will not budge from using the definition of perfect as is used today. Just don't apply it to how it was used/meant then.

Shrug. And there you are wrong.

I understand that you will not budge from using the definition of perfect as is used today. Just don't apply it to how it was used/meant then.

Shrug That's where YOU think I am wrong.

What you KNOW isn't necessarily true or accurate.
But it is. Both true and accurate. Two things I know about God. He cares for all. Deeply. He values free choice. I believe He sent Jesus with a New Covenant. I believe He is the spirit and intelligence behind creation. That is how precise I am in my wording.

Look. You and I went two different directions. I searched for God. And found Him. You searched for another belief system that matches what seems logical to you. I hope you have found that, if that is what you want.

Feel better now?
Your hideous bible quotes mean nothing to me. Youre just another delusional godbotherer.
they are already taking effect for better or for worse
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

But it is. Both true and accurate. Two things I know about God. He cares for all. Deeply. He values free choice. I believe He sent Jesus with a New Covenant. I believe He is the spirit and intelligence behind creation. That is how precise I am in my wording.

Look. You and I went two different directions. I searched for God. And found Him. You searched for another belief system that matches what seems logical to you. I hope you have found that, if that is what you want.

Said like a true believer I expect nothing less. You're right and everyone else who doesn't believe what you believe is wrong.

The only reason for confessing "sin", is to report stuff when you confess, to the leaders, who will then seek you out and kill you. Maybe not today, but that was the original premise.
Incorrect. We are only as sick as the secrets we keep. Confessing one's sins is how we release the power our vices hold over us. It is often compared to lifting a weight.

Men frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case.

[It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.] Maimonides

Last edited:
Said like a true believer I expect nothing less. You're right and everyone else who doesn't believe what you believe is wrong.

Listen. I have never said, never believed that anyone who believes in Taoism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism is wrong. I have always said that God meets us where we are and takes us from there.

Now, I will adamantly say you are wrong when you attempt to change my own words. I know what I know/have experienced and I identify that I believe the rest. However, considering how readily you change the Biblical intent of "perfect" to the modern Western version, I should expect nothing less when you change my own words into something more palatable to your own thinking. Once more, I think we are done here until the next discussion comes along.

Listen. I have never said, never believed that anyone who believes in Taoism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism is wrong. I have always said that God meets us where we are and takes us from there.

Now, I will adamantly say you are wrong when you attempt to change my own words. I know what I know/have experienced and I identify that I believe the rest. However, considering how readily you change the Biblical intent of "perfect" to the modern Western version, I should expect nothing less when you change my own words into something more palatable to your own thinking. Once more, I think we are done here until the next discussion comes along.

So even people who don't believe in the god you believe in are still subject to that god "meeting" them somewhere

And I didn't change your words you said that I was flat out wrong and that what YOU know is the TRUTH.

I don't think it is. I THINK you believe what you say is the truth but I do not believe it is

And I didn't change your words you said that I was flat out wrong and that what YOU know is the TRUTH.
I said you are flat out wrong that I don't know God loves all profoundly. I do know that. I said nothing about knowing TRUTH. I said I do know that God values free choice. Those are the two things I do know. I don't even know what you mean by TRUTH. I do know I am telling the truth about the two things I do know.

Try to understand exactly what I am saying. Don't embroider it. It is a bad habit to take a simple statement and then embroider it until it is something you feel you can knock down.

I don't think it is. I THINK you believe what you say is the truth but I do not believe it is
Correct. You change the topic to what you believe, moving it off from the two little pieces I know. Sad that what a person knows is so uncomfortable for you that you have to change it to 'belief'. Just like you do with 'perfect'.

Correct. You change the topic to what you believe, moving it off from the two little pieces I know. Sad that what a person knows is so uncomfortable for you that you have to change it to 'belief'. Just like you do with 'perfect'.
I acknowledged your belief.

You believe you are right and that those who don't believe what you believe are wrong.

I said you are flat out wrong that I don't know God loves all profoundly. I do know that. I said nothing about knowing TRUTH. I said I do know that God values free choice. Those are the two things I do know. I don't even know what you mean by TRUTH. I do know I am telling the truth about the two things I do know.

Try to understand exactly what I am saying. Don't embroider it. It is a bad habit to take a simple statement and then embroider it until it is something you feel you can knock down.
You believe that.

Others don't believe that.

Who is "right"?

So you just know better then them right?
You haven't a clue. I am struggling with both exasperation and pity. In my family we talk about their paths and discoveries, and we talk about my path and discoveries. Wouldn't dawn on any of us to tell the other, "Oh, you mean something other than what you said."

We are all on different journeys. Should someone traveling by sea tell the one journeying up the mountain that it wasn't a tree they saw, it was a wave? Would the one traveling up the mountain insist the one at sea what they stated was a wave was actually a cloud?

Forum List

Back