What is Sin?

Does the truth know the truth?
stone.jpg

It's only a matter of time before the "see the light" and agree with you
What a witless, mindless thing to say. My experiences and choices of how to live are not theirs. Did you just skip over me saying I know God values free choice. Since God values free choice, I cannot value it any less.

The people in my life know I was gung-ho on seeking and finding God. Others were equally determined to live this life their own way and on their own terms. Not one of us felt we all had to live life the same way.

Blues Man, the only reason I enter into discussions with you is because you seem to have made up your mind about Christians or people of faith "really" think, and you are way off base. I am relating why it is more likely that most (not all) people of faith choose Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc. I relate how a great many of see scripture entirely different from the way you see it.

I acknowledged your belief.

You believe you are right and that those who don't believe what you believe are wrong.
You acknowledged nothing. You do not even understand what I am saying. I relate my experience. You decide you believe I experienced no such thing. I know you are wrong because I know my own experience. But that is the only tidbit that I know you err. You are wrong about my experience. Even those atheists who know I am not wrong, still wish to travel their own path, not my path. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yet, in your mind, you think I am trying to convert my atheists/agnostics. Snort. Because nothing is further from the truth. One other tidbit you have wrong.

You acknowledged nothing. You do not even understand what I am saying. I relate my experience. You decide you believe I experienced no such thing. I know you are wrong because I know my own experience. But that is the only tidbit that I know you err. You are wrong about my experience. Even those atheists who know I am not wrong, still wish to travel their own path, not my path. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yet, in your mind, you think I am trying to convert my atheists/agnostics. Snort. Because nothing is further from the truth. One other tidbit you have wrong.
How many times have I told you that I believe you when you say you experienced something?

I just disagree with your interpretation of the cause.

Anyway this is way off topic of the thread

Anyway this is way off topic of the thread
Correct. We are through. Perhaps for good. It appears in your mind, I am just one who believes, "It's only a matter of time before they "see the light" and agree with you."

Didn't I tell you that God loves us all? Didn't I tell you that God values free will? And all you get from that is that I must think I have more power than the Holy Spirit, more knowledge than the Holy Spirit in what is best way forward for the atheists I know and love. Apparently, that is how low you rate my faith in God and His ways, not to mention the faith I have in atheists.

So the next time you appear in a thread that interests me, I'll remind myself to go out and talk to the stone wall. It listens better.

they are already taking effect for better or for worse
View attachment 628587
Oh. I didn't know you would present pics like that. Please forgive me oh lord. I know eternal fire awaits me but spare me like you did Isaac.
I'm so glad you have your divine messengers here to instruct me in the errors of my ways. Its comforting each time I bow in prayer knowing you are watching over my family.

Speaking of families. Is it true Mary is pregnant again? That holy spirit is have a little rumpy pumpy behind the camel shed again.

Stick with your bible son.

Correct. We are through. Perhaps for good. It appears in your mind, I am just one who believes, "It's only a matter of time before they "see the light" and agree with you."

Didn't I tell you that God loves us all? Didn't I tell you that God values free will? And all you get from that is that I must think I have more power than the Holy Spirit, more knowledge than the Holy Spirit in what is best way forward for the atheists I know and love. Apparently, that is how low you rate my faith in God and His ways, not to mention the faith I have in atheists.

So the next time you appear in a thread that interests me, I'll remind myself to go out and talk to the stone wall. It listens better.

You say that your god loves us all because that is what you believe.

I believe the idea of a personal Jesus is ludicrous.

Oh. I didn't know you would present pics like that. Please forgive me oh lord. I know eternal fire awaits me but spare me like you did Isaac.
I'm so glad you have your divine messengers here to instruct me in the errors of my ways. Its comforting each time I bow in prayer knowing you are watching over my family.

Speaking of families. Is it true Mary is pregnant again? That holy spirit is have a little rumpy pumpy behind the camel shed again.

Stick with your bible son.
it is not just the bible it is the sword of truth

Christian believers should know they have the Bible to show them. For everyone still, doing what is contrary to their own conscience is sin.

Sin is a human act that brings about negative results. Most sins are unintentional. Christianity teaches that we are helpless slaves to sin without the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us. I say we are just helpless slaves to sin. We are living and dying at the same time. Since everybody dies it means you cannot avoid the consequences of negative results of an action taken by another human or yourself. Christianity says there is only hope in Jesus Christ. I assert that there is no hope at all. There are only two historic figures recorded that did not die. Two out of hundreds of billions or trillions of humans is not good odds. We are hopeless victims to negative consequences. Sin just sucks. It’s an unavoidable reality.

Sin is any bad act which is done by conscious choice as opposed to an accident or natural instinct.

Do you know what sin does to the mind, body, and soul?
Sin sits dormant in your body
when sin is activated do you know what sin does
Sins feed demons
The wages of sin is death, what are wages?
What activated sin

Where is this sin location?
The scriptures are clear. Sin is simply "lawlessness"....when you break the laws of God you sin (1 John 3:4). The Apostle stated it perfectly, ......where there is no law, there is no sin (Romans 3:20). There is no sin among animals because they are not capable of comprehending the Laws of God, they act on instinct......an animal does not comprehend the wrong in killing, animals kill to survive, to eat, to procreate and extend their bloodline, to protect that bloodline, only man kills for reasons other than survival, thus man is the only creature on earth that kills with premeditation, only man can reason between right and wrong.......law and lawlessness.

The scriptures are clear. Sin is simply "lawlessness"....when you break the laws of God you sin (1 John 3:4). The Apostle stated it perfectly, ......where there is no law, there is no sin (Romans 3:20). There is no sin among animals because they are not capable of comprehending the Laws of God, they act on instinct......an animal does not comprehend the wrong in killing, animals kill to survive, to eat, to procreate and extend their bloodline, to protect that bloodline, only man kills for reasons other than survival, thus man is the only creature on earth that kills with premeditation, only man can reason between right and wrong.......law and lawlessness.
greetings
From Adam, how did sin, pass down from human to human?

Mod Message: I just put a "sticky thread" in this forum's listing that I forgot to place when Religion forum became "civil discussion" Zone 1. Please do not bump the older threads in this forum since they definitely dont comply with civil discussion. If the topic interests you -- start it anew according the rules of "civil discussion".

I'll leave this one open until the end of the day today so you can wrap it up.

Last edited:
greetings
From Adam, how did sin, pass down from human to human?

Read be enlightened: "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world (Adam) and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, BECAUSE ALL MEN SINNED." -- Romans 5:12 Adam is charged with the first case of lawlessness because he, unlike Eve broke the law with premedication. Eve, who was under the charge of Adam was deceived into breaking the law of God. Adam comprehended that Eve broke the law but instead of rejecting Eve's lawlessness he sinned willingly with preknowlege.(1 Tim. 2:14) As the head of the marriage covenant, Adam was charged with the 1st act of lawlessness engaging in willful sin.

With sin death spread to all men (Romans 6:23). The wages of sin being addressed by God is not physical death (which took place once mankind was eternally banned from the Garden of Eden, the home of the tree of life)........the death that all men must face because of lawlessness is Death of the Spirit (Genesis 2:17) Adam did not die immediately after engaging in lawlessness, he lived for centuries bearing many children (Genesis 5:5). The Bible records Adam's son's, Seth, Cain, Able......but also states that Adam had other children, both sons and daughers, over his almost 1000 year lifespan (Genesis 5:3-4)

How did sin pass from human to human? Simple: each man that sins engages in lawlessness. Without law sin does not exist. Sin is not inherited there is no "original sin", such is nothing but a man made concept/tradition of the RCC, much like claming that Marry should be worshiped and prayed to as the Mother of God. Simply present the passages in the Holy Scriptures that translates to Original Sin. What is inherited from Adam? The wages of sin..........death. God promised Adam that he would surely die when he broke the commandments of God not to eat of the tree of knowledge........thus sin came into the world due to lawlessness.

There is nothing ambiguous concerning the passage from an Inspired Apostle of Christ. Without law......sin does not exist, sin is not imputed (the law causes sin to exist) -- Romans 5:13 The law defines sin......man freely chooses to engage in lawlessness/sin, or not, like the Son of Man, Christ Jesus.

Again......sin is not inherited, sin is a communicable (transferred) condition because EVERYONE SINS (engages in lawlessness). Read Ez. 20: 18-20 God is warning the children (young) not to walk like their fathers (the previous generation)....engaing in the sin of Idol worshiping (paganism). Each person is responsible for their own sin. "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, the wickedness of the wicked upon him." -- Ez. 18:20

All men are CREATED "UPRIGHT" by God (creation begins at conception.......no one is born into sin)........BUT THEY (MEN) HAVE SOUGHT OUT MANY DIVICES. -- Eccl. 7:29

Do you know what sin does to the mind, body, and soul?
Sin sits dormant in your body
when sin is activated do you know what sin does
Sins feed demons
The wages of sin is death, what are wages?
What activated sin

Where is this sin location?
GOD created good, man created sin. GOD created nudity, man created shame. etc. etc.

Forum List

Back