What is happening with the Tea party Forum?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I posted an item there a couple days ago and there has been NO ACTIVITY in any thread. Is this a technical issue or is it total disinterest? :eusa_eh:

I posted an item there a couple days ago and there has been NO ACTIVITY in any thread. Is this a technical issue or is it total disinterest? :eusa_eh:

That was the intent. It to move us out of the mainstream of political discussion.

That was deliberate. We belong in the politics forum.

You will NOT question where a mod puts a thread. There is a Tea Party Forum for a reason. Maybe some of you should learn where to put your threads in the first place so a mod doesn't have to move them.

Total disinterest.

The really goofy T party folks lost, (Orly Taitz cratered) the more rational ones moved on.

And the T party had more effect on the Democrats than the republicans. (I would argue the Stupak's victory was a T party victory over the Washington establishment)

Also the T party is no longer outside anymore. Most T party republicans (except for the likes of Orly Taitz) won their primaries, so the establishment has to deal with the reality from now on.

the T party has co opted the Republicans, and the T party democrats have chilled.

Now it remains for the independents to jump. Are they going to decide that the T party folks are just normal republicans and not worthy of attention, or are they still mad at the indifference of the folks in DC to listening to the folks. From now on, it is business as usual

Who?

In Florida there are a bunch of Tea Party candidates, twenty I think, and the Republicans are insisting that they are all DNC plants.

While things have been co opted... The problem is still there. US T party types still think the parties don't listen or care. We don't like that. We want to get their attention, but they still treat us like 2 year olds demanding cigars.

While things have been co opted... The problem is still there. US T party types still think the parties don't listen or care. We don't like that. We want to get their attention, but they still treat us like 2 year olds demanding cigars.

It's OK...the Tea Baggers have done their damage to the GOP already. They will continue to split the GOP vote in every race as someone will be deemed not conservative "enough" and the Democrats have certainly found an ally in them.

Ahhhh if no one posts in a thread that's IN that forum then the thread falls below the top 40 just like any other thread in any other forum.

Last edited:
Tea party Democrats?

I haven't seen such animals, but I am willing to listen.

Nah, I was thinking of the Kusinich/Stupak/Nader types.

trouble with the Tparty is it is not an ideology, it is anger at the indifference of the ruling class to the folks who pay their wages.

The Tea Party is anger and angt that has gotten out of control, in most cases. There is a core of the group that seems to be focused, but they are drowned out by the extremist.

I don't necessarily agree with the notion there are any significant number of Demo Tea party people. There are a few, but the majority of the Dems are walking lockstep, and not in the same directions as the Tea Party.

Any Tea party member who independently runs as a third candidate against the Dem and GOP nominees is going to fracture the GOP, not the Dems. I think we will see that numerous times in November. That is not wishful thinking. That is reality.

Total disinterest.

The really goofy T party folks lost, (Orly Taitz cratered) the more rational ones moved on.

And the T party had more effect on the Democrats than the republicans. (I would argue the Stupak's victory was a T party victory over the Washington establishment)

Also the T party is no longer outside anymore. Most T party republicans (except for the likes of Orly Taitz) won their primaries, so the establishment has to deal with the reality from now on.

the T party has co opted the Republicans, and the T party democrats have chilled.

Now it remains for the independents to jump. Are they going to decide that the T party folks are just normal republicans and not worthy of attention, or are they still mad at the indifference of the folks in DC to listening to the folks. From now on, it is business as usual

Interesting. I suppose you're right in a way. But I wonder what kind rabble rousing the TP enthusiasts might have planned for the month-long August recess just prior to the November election.

Total disinterest.

Interesting. I suppose you're right in a way. But I wonder what kind rabble rousing the TP enthusiasts might have planned for the month-long August recess just prior to the November election.

Oh, I expect to see baggers with sidearms and a lot of shouting. Maybe if they added handling of snakes, it would be intertaining.

If I was a Republican, with all the Tea Party news and Barton's apology, I would be a tab bit concerns that my hopes of getting either house of Congress back is going up in flames.
If the Tea Party costs the GOP their majority.....OOOUUUCCHHHH!

Did anyone doubt that the tea bagger forum would whither away?

Forum List

Back